Gundamn! @ MegaCon 2009!!!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Gundamn! @ MegaCon 2009!!!

Wake your daughter up! "Gundamn! @ MAHQ" is coming back to MegaCon!!!

Event: Gundamn! @ MAHQ Live from MegaCon 2009! (brought to you by Anime Sushi)
Dates: Feb 28th & Mar. 1st, 2009

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Podcast Live Recording Session
Date: Saturday - Feb 28th, 2009
Time of Panel: 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Room: W224 B

MAHQ.net Mecha Podcast Special with webmasters Chris & Dale
Date: Sunday - Mar. 1st, 2009
Time of Panel: 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Room: W224 B

Additional Info for MegaCon 2009:
MegaConvention.com

Anyone who went to (or missed) the Gundamn! live show at MegaCon last year get another chance. We'll be hosting two events this year at MegaCon, which runs from February 27 to March 1 at the Orange County Convention Center, Hall D. On Saturday from 12 P.M. to 2 P.M., we'll be doing another live Gundamn! show. On Sunday from 3 P.M. to 4 P.M., Dale and Chris from MAHQ.net will be hosting a panel on mecha series through the decades, which will also be recorded as a supplemental podcast. If you live in the Central Florida area and can make it to the show, we'd certainly like to meet you. We will post room information as soon as a full schedule is available.

For all those that came out last year, we give a big thanks, and an even bigger one for those that attend this year! Check this thread for updates as well as:
* MegaConvention.com
* Gundamn.net
* MAHQ.net
- for further information in the coming days! Mad props go to Anime Sushi for letting us rock the mic again at Florida's premiere convention!

Bring your questions to both panels and win prizes, which are brought to you again by Florida Oriental Trading! During Megacon, pay them a visit in the Dealer's Room at Areas 406 & 408!

But most of all, be there! It's going to be instupitious!

Peep the Websites!
MegaConvention.com - Anime Sushi - MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - MechaTalk Forum
Level Nine - SSA Podcast - MySpace - FaceBook - Spill - Mevio - iTunes - Main RSS Feed

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://www.podshow.com/feeds/gundamntheshow.xml

[email protected]
Last edited by Soul Bro Ryu on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Destiny_Gundam

I'd like to make a small request. If you guys are to bring me up in the show, could you please not refer to me as Pedobear like you did last time? It's fine here since everyone knows I'm not really like that, but certainly a room full of strangers will get the wrong idea.

Thanks.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Rurushu Ranperuji

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I'd like to make a small request. If you guys are to bring me up in the show, could you please not refer to me as Pedobear like you did last time? It's fine here since everyone knows I'm not really like that, but certainly a room full of strangers will get the wrong idea.

Thanks.
But whats wrong with publicly admitting your lolicon-ness? I do it daily, I was gonna wear a "like my girls like I like my wine, 6 years old (in anime)" shirt =(((

In all seriousness though, I'll probably be there since I live rather close. Are you guys going to take live questions? This might be fun. ^^; I find it rather hard to find fellow mecha fans in the central Florida area, since everyone I meet who is into "anime" doesn't seem to stray far from the realms of shounin shows--not that theres anything wrong with that--it's just that as a mecha addict it would be cool to find more fans like me. Perhaps this convention can remedy that? Perhaps the fact that I will probably be too shy to talk to anyone wont! =P
Destiny_Gundam

Rurushu Ranperuji wrote:But whats wrong with publicly admitting your lolicon-ness? I do it daily, I was gonna wear a "like my girls like I like my wine, 6 years old (in anime)" shirt =(((
Yeah, but the name Pedobear itself carries many negative connotations. I have no intention of hiding an aspect of myself, but I don't think it needs to constantly be brought up as if it was my sole defining feature.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

The exact format of the live recording is still in the works. But I can safely say that there will be a Q & A session.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Doctor

Won't be able to go sadly, mainly due to funds and none of my friends wanting to go. I actually went to your panel last year. Think I only said some loud comment.
thehod

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Rurushu Ranperuji wrote:But whats wrong with publicly admitting your lolicon-ness? I do it daily, I was gonna wear a "like my girls like I like my wine, 6 years old (in anime)" shirt =(((
Yeah, but the name Pedobear itself carries many negative connotations. I have no intention of hiding an aspect of myself, but I don't think it needs to constantly be brought up as if it was my sole defining feature.

Can we refer to you as the SRW dude? I still associate you with SRW.
Destiny_Gundam

thehod wrote:Can we refer to you as the SRW dude? I still associate you with SRW.
That is acceptable. "That idiot who bought all of Divine Wars" is fine too.
Soul Bro Ryu

Update! Room 224 A is where the panels will take place on their respective days! Come join us!
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
T.V.

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
thehod wrote:Can we refer to you as the SRW dude? I still associate you with SRW.
That is acceptable. "That idiot who bought all of Divine Wars" is fine too.
Somehow Polarbear or Pantsubear?... are the first things I think of as a censored form for Pedobear North.
Super Robot Dude will do though. ;)

Anyway, I'm already looking forward to hearing the MegaCon episode and everone on the panel and those asking questions. :)
Destiny_Gundam

T.V. wrote:Polarbear
... You know, that doesn't sound too bad.
Wingnut

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
T.V. wrote:Polarbear
... You know, that doesn't sound too bad.
It does to me. If I heard right and you are living in Windsor Ontario, then I'm at the same climate area just across the river. I may even be further north by a few miles even. That would mean that I would have to share it, and it's not that cold around here all that often.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Destiny_Gundam

Yeah, that is true. Sometimes it's easy to forget that part of Michigan is actually North of where I live.
CanadaMan

I don't know if there's anyone further north in Canada than me, but I wouldn't doubt it. That being said, I'm definitely further north than D_G.
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Soul Bro Ryu wrote:Update! Room 224 A is where the panels will take place on their respective days! Come join us!
I'll be there with ill informed news and opinions.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

T.V.

Wingnut wrote:If I heard right and you are living in Windsor Ontario, then I'm at the same climate area just across the river. I may even be further north by a few miles even. That would mean that I would have to share it, and it's not that cold around here all that often.
Hmm..

Then how about.. Speedobear?...
Rurushu Ranperuji

hawk of endymion wrote:
I'll be there with ill informed news and opinions.

As I said before I'll probably make it, but I wonder if I'll be able to bring anything not yet de-criminalized and wraped in paper? Neo, you in? *points to location*

Disclaimer: This is intended as a joke and there for cannot be used as evidence of a confession of guilt in any case in the state of Florida or anywhere else. :P
chainsandguns

Alright, I'll definitely be there this time since I wasn't able to see you guys last year

EDIT:
Rurushu Ranperuji wrote:As I said before I'll probably make it, but I wonder if I'll be able to bring anything not yet de-criminalized and wraped in paper? Neo, you in? *points to location*

Disclaimer: This is intended as a joke and there for cannot be used as evidence of a confession of guilt in any case in the state of Florida or anywhere else. :P
Yea Ranperuji, you can count me in on any totally not illegal activity that just happens to incidentally happen :P
PSN: Ed_The_Crimson
Twitter: @EdTheCrimson
Dropping The X
hawk of endymion

Think you guys need to be on the D'lo.

The only thing at Megacon will be wholesome mecha action.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

chainsandguns

hawk of endymion wrote:Think you guys need to be on the D'lo.

The only thing at Megacon will be wholesome mecha action.
Of course man, it's all about the mecha action.

Anyways, is anyone attending cosplaying this year?
PSN: Ed_The_Crimson
Twitter: @EdTheCrimson
Dropping The X