Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG Discussion Thread 3

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Fritz Ashlyn

Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG Discussion Thread 3

NEW THREAD GOGOGO
Last edited by Fritz Ashlyn on Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
hellbore

Well, I was originally going to name it Rogue Squadron, but I ended up using more Wraiths. I suppose I can switch it back. No harm, no foul.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Sume Gai

I continue my hunt for a feddie NT/TK unit

since I plan her to be on earth I don't think Bits or Incoms would work well.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
SNT1

Psyco Gundam

believe it
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Wingnut

There's also the Chaos Gundam where the DRAGOONs do work in the atmosphere. You can equip it with a conventional psycommu instead of the quantum communications system.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

the Chaos was a good suggestion if it wasn't so... ugly

actually I think I've come up with something, I'm surprised I never thought of this before. how bout the Gespenst Type-TT?

of course there are a few modifications; like I hate to see that Plasma Stake be vestigial and it needs some kind of flight system to keep up with in game combat.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Wingnut

Sume Gai wrote:like I hate to see that Plasma Stake be vestigial
:?: I don't follow you there.
and it needs some kind of flight system to keep up with in game combat.
The original Gespenst models back in 4/F/F Final were flight capable, hence the wing being part of the design. We could say that the unit has been fitted with similar engines to the I. Justice which is also in Federation service to allow flight. The wings can pivot and twist to whatever angle to make better use of themselves.

The black pods (T-Link Ripper or split missiles, however you want to mount them) can have their mounts modified as well to allow the wing to move as it needs to.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Wedge14

Couldn't you just slap a tesla drive on it?

It's been a while but i believe those shadow mirror gespys being able to fly as well.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
hellbore

Well, Tesla drives are DC tech and he's going for Feddie, so that rules out that.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Sume Gai

Wingnut wrote:
Sume Gai wrote:like I hate to see that Plasma Stake be vestigial
:?: I don't follow you there.
well In OG1 the type-TT can't use the jet magnum for whatever reason even though it's right there on the arm.

as for the fight system would raising the back pods a bit to allow the wings freedom of movement work?

Mr. Hanekoma

Don't expect it to come. Unless I hear otherwise, that was a mistake in the post that needs to be corrected.
Not only is the location of the Ceres described in the post different from her actual semi-underground berth, but the fact that he's coming in with "new orders" suggests that he was aiming for another ship, perhaps the Excalibur, to board instead. The Ceres is already as her HQ base and new orders would come from within, not by MS messenger.
Yeah, that's a mistake on my part. I read that entire thread, but I obviously didn't pay enough attention to realize that everyone in it was DC instead of Federation. What a great way to introduce myself to the game...

Could someone please tell me where the Feddies are? I feel like such a n00b.
They're high on the watchtowers
Keeping the peace, whatever that means
'Cause you see the world through,
Crosshairs and T.V.s don't you?
Sume Gai

trust me man we've had worse introductions....

The feddies are either in the Andes base or in the Tokyo base or in Sydney (no PC's there though)

Wingnut

IIRC that's actually where the plasma sword is stored, but if you want it to be the plasma stake instead and store the saber elsewhere, then that's fine too.
Mounting the pods on top of the shoulders could work, or low on the rear skirt, but you may want to leave that open for storing a weapon.

Then again, I'm tempted to say forget it and have the Feds find a drive intact from a downed AM and just install that on the Type TT instead.

There are also Federation forces gathering on Wake Island as well.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Mr. Hanekoma

Okay, I've edited my post to where I'm now lost in the heart of the Andes mountains. Let the Federation fun begin.
They're high on the watchtowers
Keeping the peace, whatever that means
'Cause you see the world through,
Crosshairs and T.V.s don't you?
Sume Gai

yeah it'd be far easier to just find an intact Tesla Drive and stick it on there. and I was under the impression the saber wasn't built in since it was always removable (I was going to store it on the outer Skirt armor) with the Beam rifle on the rear Skirt)

The Big Zabowski

Cyb, I'm gonna wait on you to timeskip Iron Mask down to Tokyo. I got nothing much other than his arrival causing some of the Ptolemy crew to s**t a brick and step up the time tables on getting the faction up and on their feet.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Wingnut

In that case, it seems that we're really just waiting on available Federation forces (preferably by as many different users as possible) to gather at Wake Island. Hanekoma as well as the Excalibur and her pilots would need to head on over there as soon as it's convenient. Depending on the outcome of the court martials, the Silver Knights may or may not be joining them. Gai, feel free to timeskip ahead to the trial after Hanekoma lands at the base.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

I went ahead since I likely won't be here tomorrow and Don't want to hold things up any longer

Kylern

Wow Fandom is getting a boost in not man power but quality power... Seems poor Raven is getting the boot by those back home. Poor gal...
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Wingnut

Well, it was sort of expected given that she was unable to stop either Gundam team or the Innovators.

Also don't forget the cockroach Gundam as well, Kylern. If you're not going to do anything more with him, then we need to tie up that loose end somehow, and Wake's as good of a place as any.
You need not even engage any of Gai's characters either. I can even have Raven herself do the job. Her newtype abilities will be able to 'see' the Testament, or rather its pilot and determine the location of the unit.

Omega, I was kind of hoping that you would wait for Hanekoma to arrive before the Excalibur took off so he could join you.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.