Episode 18 - The 4th's 3rd Trip To 2nd [4th]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
ScornMandark

Dervish
MS Hangar

The hangar was relatively quiet at the moment. Repairs were, of course, underway on most of the suits present. Routine maintenance, swapping out damaged parts and replacing with spares or custom machined bits. Nothing quite like the frenetic pace of a battle active hangar.

Lt. David's Rick Dias stood still, with basically no-one working on it. Rem was glad for the quiet, to be honest. He'd only been on the Dervish for a short time, but they'd already been in a couple battles with a lot of damage handed out on both sides. The lab, even under deadline, never had the kind of overwhelming tension that seemed to threaten to tear the ship apart.

Rem had holed up in the cockpit, his laptop workstation plugged into the access port just outside the hatch, the suit's computer going through a system-wide level 4 analysis before he could really get into the damage-monitoring system. It had been running for nearly an hour now, having not been done since factory rollout. No reason why it should have been, to be honest. Regular maintenance only calls for a level 2 analysis every 6 months.

Almost done....There. There was a soft ding in the cockpit as the computer started displaying information all around him on the panoramic screens. "Check...Green...Nominal... .2 low, but not bad..." Rem muttered a little as he read around him. "Good." With that, he typed in a few commands and switched the suit from analysis mode to full simulation mode. The suit provided power to all the electrical monitoring systems, but the computer provided the actual inputs and monitored the outputs. Not quite like actually testing a large scale damage input, but nobody exactly had a spare MS to stick in front of a ship cannon.

Time passed quickly for him as he started losing himself in setting up his testing matrix, setting out the control parameters, and developing a testing input profile.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Lans

- The Hamburg -

With a small bottle of sake he bought from the chef’s personal belongings, Emington was about to leave the party when he bumped into a female officer he saw earlier. The girl with brown hair and brown eyes that seems to be too young to entered a service in a warship.

She asked, “Ah lieutenant, is the party already over?” Randy noticed her eyesight just turned from his face toward his right hand. He chucked and asked, “Interested in a bottle of sake, officer?”

She blushed and for a moment she couldn’t keep her head straight. Randy took her outside since the mess hall was still too loud for a decent conversation. “Actually, let’s make a bargain. I’ll treat you the sake if you could find me a box.” She seems to be confused for a bit, but Randy continued, “The carton-box that you usually use for moving your personal stuff.”

Seeing she nodded, Randy told her to meet him in front of the pilot changing room. In that instance, her face seems to be saddened for a bit. For Randy, no doubt that she already understood what they’re going to do. She saluted and left the place. Randy himself entered his own room, change his dirty pilot suit and chose a normal brown uniform. Just like the Federation's but this one without the logo and emblem. He washed his face before going to the pilot’s changing room with the sake bottle in his hand.

He arrived alone, and waited just opposite the door. Five minutes or more has passed before he saw what he waited for. The female officer walked toward Randy with a paper-brown box and something colourful inside it. She was breathing rather heavily, probably running from her place.

“Calm down, we’re not in hurry.” Randy helped her with the box. Before he brought it forward, she reached for the top of the box. She opened it and then Randy saw three fresh red flowers inside. “Where did you get these from?” He was simply amazed. The officer smiled, for a moment it seems that she refused to answer but then she told Randy that a friend of her kept some flowers in the freezer. She simply acquire some for this occasion. Randy didn’t know what to say, he simply grinned and entered the room.

They headed for one particular locker. Randy took on of the keys he got as a CO and opened the locker which belongs to Ensign Jeriden Kai. Carefully, he moved one by one to the box. The late Ensign only left a few personal items in his pilot’s locker. Randy couldn't find a water flask, so he took his own metallic flask, drank the water out and filled half of it with sake. “I hope you like sake, Jeriden.” Randy said that and drank the sake from the bottle. “Goodbye my friend, you’ll never be forgotten.” He then put the flask in the box along with the other Jeriden’s belongings. Randy offered the sake to girl that accompanied him. She drank a little in respect for the late Ensign Kai. Having done what he felt was needed, Randy closed the locker but left it unlocked. They put the flowers on the locker’s door, sticked together with Sellotape and then they removed the name plate.

They ended the day on the Hamburg’s bow observation room. Talked and drank a little bit of sake they had left while watching the view outside the ship changes when the Hamburg corrected itself several times in its course.
hellbore

- The Hamburg -

After both Emington and Capt. Loweno left the mess heading for parts unknown... or the bridge, Adam decided that his time at the party was also up. Getting up from the table he made his way slowly to the door. Slowly because crew members kept stopping him to either congratulate him on a well flown sortie, or just to introduce themselves.

Finally making it to the door, he stepped into the corridor and the quiet that settled as the door closed behind him was rather unsettling. Walking toward his quarters, he passed a few hard-working souls who took their duties more seriously than those at the party. A few also threw salutes his way, which he duly returned.

Arriving at the quarters, Adam opened the door and fumbled around for the light. Clicking it on, he looked around at his room, still messed from before the sortie. He set about tiding up, putting discarded clothing away and righting knocked over belongings.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Fritz Ashlyn

[OOC: I‘m skipping ahead. If anyone wants to finish something in the past, then go ahead. Just make it clear in your post when it is happening.]]

~October 17, U.C. 0087~
~0844 C.U.T.~

- Low Lunar Orbit -

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

“We’re cleared, captain. Control says they’re sending up ships to assist the Chuikov’s landing procedure”. Wade adjusted his sunglasses and changed the Dervish’s course so that the ‘civilian’ ships could pass them and secure the damaged AEUG vessel. Abbey rose from his chair to get a better view of the city of Amman at it grew larger in his ship’s bridge windows. The 4th Advance Squadron had managed the long, slow return trip from Side 2 without further incident, and he thanked God for that. “Take us down, Mr. Wilson. I’ll be glad to dock in a friendly port, even if it means another round of paperwork and meetings,” the captain said to his helmsman with a tired smile. As if triggered by the captain’s moment of respite, the comm console began to blink with an incoming call. “Put them on the main screen,” Abbey said, straightening his posture.

When Sir Maximilian Gates III appeared on the monitor, Abbey’s faint smile drooped along with his shoulders. “Carl!” their sponsor spluttered, “How bad is the Chuikov? This is going to cost a lot, isn’t it?”. As usual he was chiefly concerned about his money, but after his experiences with the 4th he wasn’t as forceful in his tone. Abbey put his hands on his hips and said, “The Chuikov is heavily damaged. And we lost good pilots. I can discuss this with you in person after we dock,”. Gates’ jaw tightened like he wanted to press for more information, but he finally nodded and relented. “Yes, captain. You’d imagine I’d be used to news like this by now…” he grumbled to himself as the connection closed.

- Mess Hall -

“…in Amman at 0915. All personnel, please prepare for docking procedures. The fleet…”

Fritz leaned back in his seat as Filmore began to repeat the announcement over the PA system. “Good timing, I guess,” he said, gathering up his empty tray and drink pouch. Clute, who was just sitting down, exhaled sharply at the news. “Aww, man! I just got this!” he protested as Michiko stood up from her side of the table. After arguing with Pan for nearly two hours in Team 1’s ready room over a day ago, Fritz had gone to his quarters to cool down. When he emerged it was late on the 16th, and he had done his best so far to avoid Pan. Michiko knew they seemed to have calmed down and come to some sort of fragile understanding, but she could tell Fritz was still angry about Heyden’s attitude and actions. Barrique had been released from the brig and was resting in his quarters, but it was his pride that had been hurt more than his ribs or jaw.

Michiko followed Fritz out of the mess hall as they headed back in the direction of the pilots’ quarters. “Back at Amman again. I’m looking forward to a few weeks of leave,” Michiko said absentmindedly. Fritz nodded and said, “Last time we were here for over a month. This time around I think our damage is more severe. I should be home for at least a month and a half,”. Michiko smiled, causing Fritz to ask her why. “You called Amman ’home’,” she said as she entered her quarters, leaving Fritz in the hallway.

- Hangar -

Dr. Merkwürdigliebe had gathered up most of his scattered papers and diagrams to stuff them into a battered briefcase as he and Rem finished packing their equipment. “Well Mr. Banner, I know our time here has been, eh, productive, but I am looking forward to meeting with the company and sleeping in my own bed,”. He clicked the case shut and moved it aside. “When we return to this fleet, we can devote our time to collecting new data,”.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Wedge14

Pan hooted and hollered when he heard the news of the ship's arrival. Jim sat beside him his arms crossed looking rather uncomfortable. It was bizarre how Pan had reverted back to his normal ways after a few mere hours after his fight with Barrique. The argument between Pan and Fritz was a loud multi lingual affair that was overheard by pretty much all of the pilots who were in the area. Many were surprised that it didn't escalate into somekind of fist fight.

Pan slapped the window loudly as the doors shut in the spaceport and they were safe to leave.

"Jimmy boy! We're free!" He shouted with excitement.

Jim suddenly found Pan's excitement contagious and couldn't help but agree. "FREE!!"

"Gather up as much as the pilots as you can once we get out there! I know this place called 'Craters' who knows when we'll ever be able to party like this!"

As soon as people started pouring out of the ships. Pan and Jim started spreading the word. It would take a deaf person to not hear their plans.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Sume Gai

-Chuikov-
-suit room/hallway-

Rick having just returned from working outside to get the crippled Chuikov into port was leaving the suit room when something very unexpected happened. From his right an unidentifiable object somewhat smaller than he was slammed into him; sending them both floating freely down the hall. Rick acted on instinct and grabbed at the handgrips beside the door he had just exited; he got a hold of it and manged to stop and right himself and whatever had hit him. Naturally it was very much to his surprise to see it was a girl with orange hair and a federation uniform.

"ou-ow..." Caroline Tucker mumbled before looking up to see what she had hit, this time; naturally it was to her horror to discover her clumsiness had bumped her into another person. She pushed her self away but still held on to Rick for support. "I'm sorry... so sorry I was just using a hand grip and it sli- hey, wait, do I know you?" Rick also recognized the girl she was that pilot who asked him his name once but it seemed she had forgotten the encounter.

"wait wait, I remember you're Rich right? the back-up pilot" Rick would usually have tried to depart before the situation reached this level of conversion but since she was still holding onto him to him and he was the only thing keeping her from floating freely again. "It's... uh... Rick actually." Rick corrected her as Caroline finally got her own hand hold on the opposite wall and released his shirt. "Sorry, hey did you hear the whole crew is gonna get together in Amman? are you coming too?"

Rick had not heard this and had, right away, decided against going; He shook his head to silently relay the message to the girl who looked disappointed but only for a second. "Aw don't be like that. Come on, let's go." Without hesitation she leap forward and grabbed his free arm with both of hers and proceeded to drag Rick along whether he wanted it or not...
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
mcred23

-The Dervish-

Eckardy left the mess hall after having some breakfast with Cowboy and Ian. Everyone was talking about leave, and of a party being planned at some club no one seemed to know anything about, but everyone knew the name of, 'Craters'. Word was that Pan Heyden and Zeke MacAlpin were behind it. It sounded vaugely interesting to Eddie, but he and the others all had plans. Marvin simply wasn't into parties, while Ian wanted to go visit some old friends and simply relax. Eddie, on the other hand, had a lot of things he planned to do. He had to visit a few places, getting the usual assorted civilian items that Eckardy liked to have, plus see what he could dig up in terms of the music he liked and the silly t-shirts he always wore under his uniform, such as the current one, which had a distorted image of one of the characters from the movie Shining Blue Fire. Not to forget his apartment in the city. The thought of being able to sleep in a full sized bed, as opposed to the small one he had on the Dervish, was appealing. Largely because I won't be alone..., Eckardy thought with his usual grin. Jane had leave too. Eckardy didn't dwell on the reason why they were getting leave.

On his way to Team 2's Ready Room, Eckardy passed Pan Heyden. "Hey Pan," Eddie said, turning around and walking backwards, "If you can, make Wes go to that party of yours. Hell, tell him it's an order! The kid needs to have some fun in his life." Eckardy said, flashing his usual grin, and was gone around a corner, wondering, hoping, that either Wes would go on his own or that Pan would force him. The battle a few days before had caused them all to forget about the need to deal with Wes' actions from the battle before that one. Eckardy had eventually remembered the messages he had left, but he'd never seen Wes in any of the public areas, the mess hall or ready room or even the hangar, Curren still avoided the rest of the team, and it wasn't exactly a dire situation. It would get taken care of eventually, which was fine enough for Eckardy. Leave was still the biggest thing on his mind.

Eckardy entered Ready Room 2 a minute later, finding it empty as he expected it to be. Eddie turned on some music, grabbed a book, and started reading, waiting for the Dervish to dock so he could get the hell off of it!
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
King Monkey

Jacob was as happy to be docking as anyone else. He only cast one longing look at Earth along the way, wishing they were stopping there, at his home rather than out on the Moon. It felt like an eternity since he felt real, Earth level gravity and breathed air generated by plants rather than an atmospheric scrubber.

Still, getting off the ship and touching down on real ground was welcome no matter where that ground happened to be.

He was at loose ends, though. He'd never really found his way around the city and didn't really know any place to go. Given the damage to the Chuikov that needed to be repaired, he assumed they were going to be here a while. Of course, they could just leave the ship and fly with fewer vessels and mobile suits, but that would have been dangerous. More dangerous. The very damage that needed to be repaired proved how dangerous things were even with all the ship and suits at full capacity.

In any case, he suspected they would be here for a while and wondered what he was going to do with himself. He was slowly strolling off the ship, already killing time when he heard the commotion being raised by Jim and Pan.

Jacob stopped, getting bumped a couple times by the flow of traffic before moving out of the way. He didn't know if he was up to the loud kind of party that the two men were already starting. On the other hand, he didn't have anything else to do.

Shrugging, he finally strolled over after a minute or so of debate. His hands were tucked in his pockets and he didn't call any attention to himself but he stood near the two men, ready to tag along once they headed off to the club.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
wonton bob

- The Hamburg -

Just before disembarking, Bernard had heard talk of a large get-together being held at one of the nearby pubs. Clearly not a good choice for him at the moment with all the flashbacks he thought, but now standing at an intersection, unsure of where to go he thought the idea was better than nothing.

Rubbing his eye with his palm, Bernard decides to just walk. If he came upon the establishment then he would step inside for a bit otherwise he would try and keep his head clear.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Lans

- The Hamburg -

Emington was still asleep when he heard the announcement. He took the announcement as his morning bell and washed himself up. Taking a pair of clean clothes and a jacket he left his room and head straight to MS hangar. There, he made himself available to the mechanics or technicians regarding MS repair and handling. In the meantime he also tried to get a free vehicle for himself, probably a jeep or something.
hellbore

Also on the Hamburg, Adam was lounging about his room when the announcement came over the ships PA.

“…in Amman at 0915. All personnel, please prepare for docking procedures. The fleet…”

Seeing as he hadn't seen much of Amman last he was here he freshened up, pulled on a fresh set of clothes and went looking for the other pilots. He would rather explore the lunar city with company than alone. Walking into the hangar, he spied Emington with a group of mechanics.

"Lieutenant," he called out, waving to get the other pilots attention.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
Wedge14

"How're we going to get there? I don't feel like walkin" Asked an excited Jim

"We'll rent a car" Pan replied quickly.

Pan and Jim had gathered a following which was good. But they had made sure everyone had sufficient directions to get to the club. Pan approached the kiosk and start searching in his pockets for change. "Crap!" He looked to Michiko and Jim.

"You two have any change?" They both started to search their pockets they came up empty. Then suddenly out nowhere André Loweno materialized infront of the merry makers almost an inch away from McAlpin's face. It's like the guy had appeared out of nowhere.
"I heard you guys were all going out to party! As a superior officer I demand to know why I wasn't invited!"

"Uh sir..we"

"It's alright!" He shouted. "I'll put all the car rentals on my credit card."

Pan elated quickly jumped into the lead car, and obviously didn't buckle his seat belt. Loweno took his own car, and would drive some of the others while Michiko and Jim squished in with Pan.They all took off a train of Elecars tearing up the streets.

Pan lit a cigarette as he drove. "I didn't see Fritz back there..."

"No, I think he plans to spend as much time as he can with his wife." Answered Michiko.

Pan took a big drag of his cigarette and took the elecar around a corner.
"That's good for him."

"Must be nice to have a wife to come home too" Added Jim as he leaned back in his seat.

"Or any family" Michiko said softly as Pan suddenly decided to crank the radio. The radio was playing some one hit wonder song, it was called "Che Tocco Sedere". It was kind of catchy but noone really understood the lyrics. They didn't care though, there wasn't much entertainment aboard the Dervish so it was nice to hear something different.

The Car came to an abrupt stop in a seedy neighbourhood. "baby baby baby baby! We're here!" Shouted Pan as he rushed out of the car and made his way into a building with a huge Neon sign saying 'Craters'.

Inside the place was a realm of magic and delight. There was neon lights that wrapped around the room creating an eerie glow. Hypnotic bass pounding music flooded the ears. 1/3rd of the whole bar was divided by a glass window. And inside this window floated a half a dozen or so beauties in zero G all at varied levels of nakedness.

Jim's eyes almost popped out of his head when he entered. "Pan, I think i love you."

"Save it kid" Pan said as he made his way to the bar.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Lans

- The Hamburg -

Randy looked around and saw Adam waving his hand. "Ah, Adam." He waved back and walked toward Adam. “Got any plan in Amman? Anyway, I couldn’t secure any free vehicle to use. They said they used it all for official business.”
King Monkey

Jacob bobbed around in the group gathered for Jim and Pan's trip like a cork on a pond. He wasn't completely sure where they were going and, though it seemed almost everyone was from the Dervish he didn't really know most of the people very well. So, he just stayed quiet and out of the way as much a possible.

When the cars were procured, he took a seat in the cramped back of Loweno's vehicle. "Any idea what kind of place this is, Sir?" he asked as they rode through the streets of Amman.

It was probably better that he didn't know. After all, he'd have to question what kind of girls a place with a name like "Craters" could get if it was a topless bar. "Peaks" or "Full Moon," now those were names for an establishment that catered to the lewder interests of sailors. "Craters" made one think of acne and cellulite.

Perhaps that was why he was so surprised when he walked into the place. He was expecting a bar or maybe a dance club, not a wall of half (or more) naked women. It took him a moment to even notice the women as the flashing neon caught his attention first and it was only when he looked down at the bar that he caught sight of them.

His mouth hung open, his eyes were wide as saucers and he peeked at Michiko. Surely she wouldn't want to stay here. "Um...are we in the right place?" he managed to ask, though given how loud the music was blaring, he might not get heard.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
hellbore

- The Hamburg -

Replying to Randy's question, Adam said, "Not really. I didn't have much time to look around last I was here. I did hear some talk going around that some of the other pilots were going to some sort of bar. You in? You know, if we can find it."
Lans

- The Hamburg -

"You in? You know, if we can find it."

"I'm in, I'm in. Just get me out from the dock area. Now, where the heck we could get a car?" Randy spotted a dock crew passed nearby and grabbed them on the shoulder. "Hey, buddy. Just wondering where can we find a rent car in here?"

One of them replied almost instantly. “Oh, just head out from here toward the main gate. You’ll find some near the exit. And uh- bring cash. Sometimes they don’t accept credit.”

Emington said thanks and resume his conversation with Adam. “I don’t think it’ll be expensive but I’ll rather split it with more people.” Randy couldn’t hide his grin before continue, “Should we find Korbel first?"
hellbore

- Hamburg -

“Should we find Korbel first?"

"I don't see why not," replied Adam. "He looked like he needed some cheering up." Splitting up from Emington, Trask went to ask around for Korbel, and if anyone had seen him.

After asking around a bit, it turned out that Ens. Korbel had already left the ship. Finding Randy again, he told him what he learned.

"Seems Bernard already left. I guess we might be able pick him up on the way."
Lans

- Hamburg –

“Right, we might find Korbel or Al on our way anyway. Come on then, let’s find our way out.” With that Emington (and Adam) left the ship and finding their way out from the docking area. They arrived at the exit and found the car rent services. Randy paid for one vehicle and then he remembered something and said, “Adam do you bring your sidearm? I bring mine, just in case. Things could get rough...”

(( I hope it's all right for quick reply, since it's only short conversation ))
hellbore

- Hamburg –

Waving off Randy's suggestions of a sidearm, Adam said, "I doubt we'll need them, however rough things get."

Walking over to the car, Adam looked inside and wasn't terribly impressed. Still, beggars can't be chooser and looked over to Randy, and asked the ever important question, "Do you wanna drive, or should I?"

((Nevermind Lans, it's hard to write long posts when your trying to have a dialog))
Lans

- Amman -

"Do you wanna drive, or should I?"

“Nah, you better take the wheel. I haven’t drive one of this for a long time.” Emington said that while taking off his brown sunglass and clean it with a clean fabric.

Randy saw inside the car and proclaimed, “Well, at least it’s not that dirty. Ah, some youngster over there told me that some guys who look like us rented some cars just before we arrived. Probably some pilots from other ships or maybe Korbel and Al.” He then jumped into the seat beside the driver seat.

Randy opened the cabinet on the dashboard and found a map of the city. “So, where are we going?” he said while opening the map and trying to figure out the places.