Chapter 16: Mountain Hideaway (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Nero

-Rena-

"...I'm usually better on defense than offense... but i'll do my best..."

She gave her best smile, though she still seemed concerned about him.

"I'll see you later then..." deciding that she needed a shower, she departed for that part of the ship.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Kylern

-Kylern-

"Gotta put that Buster rifle to use somehow huh?" He laughed as she seemed to be getting ready to leave. He nodded as she said she was going.

"Alright see ya later. After all its a pretty small ship." And with that she was gone leaving him sitting there alone. He kind of stared up and around the hangar wondering what to do next. Maybe he should talk to a shrink while on DC's insurance, no?
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Wingnut

- Aidoneus combat control room -

Both Bian and the defense coordinator were watching the battle on the various monitors in the room as they directed the battle from there.
The main monitor showed the dogfights between the Lions and DINN and BABI mobile dolls. The AI controlled machines were much quicker than before and were now able to keep up with the swifter and more maneuverable AMs, resulting in an equal amount of losses on both sides.

One sub-monitor showed the 008L and its fighting with forces at one of the docking piers.
"No mistake about it sir. That machine has the same IR signature as the mirage colloid mech that attacked the island a couple weeks ago." reported one of the controllers.

Bian pondered the situation and wondered if the operation was another attack at him directly. Or maybe...
"What is the status of the Valsione?" Bian asked.

"Still under final construction sir. It is unable to sortie."

"Sir, picking up three new contacts closing in fast on sleds." said another tech as another monitor showed the three Kämpfer units approaching.

"Very well. Have Masamune stay close to my daughter, and order Black Mage to sortie as soon as possible. Without the Gundam Team or even the other prototypes around we need to drive them back as quickly as we can."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

-Light Warriors 33 1/3-

After being door'd, pwn'd, and then left behind on Aidoneus to an eternity of boredom (metaphorically speaking), Black Mage needed venting, oh yes --- he needed to take out his recent frustrations on someone, anyone, friend or foe, although since taking it out on friends would get him fired he would have to settle for 'foe'. And just when Black Mage was about to (metaphorically again) explode, Bian came in and saved him with that very order.

"Oh, goodie," Black Mage ^^'d --- he was itching to go out there again, even in an Ashura Temple --- as he climbed into said Ashura Temple's cockpit and quickly plopped himself into his seat, pressing buttons and beginning the standard startup procedures. Heck, Black Mage would've been happy and willing to be sent out there in a Leo by now. "Finally, where've the Fandom been? More things to face-stabby for me, because I can't take things out on my allies, although the old me really wouldn't have cared..."

"Black Mage."

"Yeeeeees, oh Supreme Allied Commander Morpheus?" Black Mage cooed, causing Morpheus to frown. Slightly. "What is it you further want from me today, and would you like me to give a battle cry to give you some credit for kills?"

"I'd rather you not do that, no." Morpheus simply said; across from Black Mage, the Strike Noir seemed to be gearing up as well, its eye visors flickering dimly. However, it was not moving even as Black Mage began gliding the Ashura Temple towards the nearest launch catapult. "Don't get arrogant. If you start feeling overwhelmed, fall back and I shall take over for you --- I didn't start the Light Warriors to get you killed, contrary to popular belief, so don't get yourself killed."

Black Mage's expression grew bitter. "Is that what you wasted a paragraph and a half to talk to me about, Supreme Commander? Of course I won't get myself killed! Like I told the late, unmourned Pretty Boy Leon --- I'm psychotic, not moronic!"

"Good to hear."

"Riiiiight." Then Black Mage's yellow dots focused forward as his entire body leaned towards the front, as did the Ashura Temple. "Black Mage, moving out!" At that, the Ashura Temple shot out of the hanger, above Aidoneus, and leapt upwards into the air, all the while with Black Mage taking one quick look around at his enemies and allies, looking for a person to gank first...which he promptly found in the approaching Kampfer units, coming in on sleds. Black Mage smiled.

They've come this far only to die.

Raising both arms, Black Mage charged forward, moving the Ashura Temple to its attack speed, and fired a volley of four Power Launcher shots at the lead Kampfer to scatter their formation, if nothing else.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Wedge14

Fourteen was able to pick up the distinct thruster trails in the distance.
"Looks like we're hammed boys. Someone spotted us early."

A moment later four shots came hurtling toward the trio of Kampfers. Nash and Gremio jerked away violently while Fourteen didn't even budge. The shots came hurtling by him only a few meters from hitting the kampfer or the sled.

A red flare shot forth from Wedge's kampfer signaling to the rest of the forces that it was time to commence the second wave. (even if it was a bit premature.)

"Hit em hard boys!" Wedge shouted as he rushed the Ashura while Gremio and Nash moved into flanking positions.

"Whats the boss doing?" Asked Nash

"I think he's playing chicken!" Answered Gremio

"Well theres no way we can get safe shots off when he's doing that."
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Sume Gai

Sume Gai/Valhalla Crew

Upon reaching the bridge Gai explained the situation Though Captain Hallen seemed sympathetic he was hesitant to make the decision himself.

"I'll forward the request to Ryker he'd have an easier time intercepting the vessel. Hopefully he'll either try to intercept it on the way or approve a search team like you requested."

Gai knew that was the best he'd get; Hallen might be a man of spirit but he was still a military officer too.

"Thank you sir."

Wraith

His attack on the sub proved much more effective this time as the beam detonated several unlaunched missiles and tore a large hole in the armor that reached even to the water line; the sub wasn't out-right dead but it would eventually sink if unattended to. The Landlions on the Pier however found their deaths to be rather more certain. As the front of the Pier was blasted out from under them on fell straight into the sea The other found himself just a little too slow to out run the partial collapse and soon followed his comrade into the deep.

the 008L moved on to it's next targets with haste He fired another shot of his rifle at each of the Barrlions while evading more fire from their Railguns and the other Landlions. Then Wraith saw a target he wasn't going to pass up. The odd machine that intelligence claimed belonged to the traitorous Black Mage; Wraith loosed one of his precious Remote Slashers at him hoping to cut his power launcher in two.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Cybaster

-Black Mage-

"Oh, come on! You didn't think I'd let you encircle me like that, hmm?"

Seeing the lead Kampfer charge and the two other Kampfers moving in to take flanking positions, Black Mage rolled the Ashura Temple back and upwards, bringing himself above the three Kampfers, and its chest Energy Bomber opened up --- sending a large spray of yellow energy bursts swarming towards the group. As Wraith's Remote Slasher came in at that time, Black Mage sneered and the Ashura Temple's left arm swung backwards as the launcher there switched onto Lancer mode, sending a yellow blade lighting up and battling the Remote Slasher aside --- while the left Circus Binder pivoted around, came to face Wraith, and squeezed off another two beam shots at him.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
hellbore

-Cerberus-

Seeing the aerial mobile suits pulling some amazing manoeuvres to get behind him, Jacob knew something was up. Releasing the Raygun Pods, the four wire-guided remotes fanned out and begun taking pot-shots at the Fandom mechs.

As the remotes flitted around the Cerberus, Jacob drew the Coating Sword and charged the nearest DINN, the Terminus Energy sheathing the Cerberus in an orange glow, which took on the appearance of wings and the visor dimmed as two eyes began to glow behind it.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Zangetsu

-Daniel Smith-
The dueterion beam hit the reciver and started to chrge the sattilite launcher as he opened a line to Wraith. "Sir where is the target?"
Sume Gai

Wraith

The signal was received as his beam shots cut through the Barrlions. As Wraith boosted upwards to evade the shots from Black Mage as he sent the target point to Daniel Smith. It was aimed at the center of the base even though Wraith knew the DC CIC was likely deep underground and well fortified.

Wraith pulled back and sent a signal to any manned Fandom suits in the line of fire.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Zangetsu

-Daniel Smith-

Daniel recived Wraith tranmission and tareted the area. "All Fandom uits move as fast as possible away from the target!" he shouted over secure Fandom only channels as he pulled the trigger and fired the sattilite launcher at full power unlessing it's mighty blast of pure power.
Wingnut

Smith's shot struck true and caused the top layer of Earth to be blown away from the island which included the hatch of the elevator that Lt. Fourteen and his team were trying to reach. However, up from that very elevator came from out of the smoking ground what some on the Fandom side would consider their worst nightmare.

- Earlier, Aidoneus command center -

"Sir, a new unit is within range. Now displaying on screen." called out one operator.

Bian watched as the unit appeared and unfolded its large launcher.
"Can any of our units intercept it?" he asked.

"No sir. Our forces are all occupied with various attackers."

"Very well. Major, you're in charge here. I'll deal with them myself. So they tend to come looking for a fight when our best troops are gone, then I'll give them one they'll never forget." Bian said as he left the room and went down the hall a short way to his office and entered a hidden elevator that went directly to the underground hanger where the Valsion was stored.
Protocol dictated that the machine was to be brought to a hot standby mode whenever the island faced attack or other danger and so it was already powered up and waiting for Bian to board it.

Bian was about halfway up the elevator when the blast hit and took off the closed hatch above him, raining dirt down upon the red machine. The elevator soon reached the highest point it could now and the Valsion used its thrusters to enter the battlefield.

- Present -

Emerging from the smoke Bian selected his first target: The Descem that fired the shot. The cross smasher emitter on the left arm opened up and charged up as Bian took aim. Locking on he fired the pink and purple blast at the white Fandom machine.

- Tomas Ryker, Ceres -

He had just gotten word of the proposed operation from the Valhalla and approved it. The Ceres would change course to intercept the Avalon and use her own complement to keep the mobile weapon force busy while Gai's team made a assault/rescue attempt on the Avalon itself.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Zangetsu

-Daniel Smith-

Daniel dodged the Valsion shot with minimal effort. Due to the Dechem-Custom's lght wieght frame he was incredibly agile but, at a cost. Daniel knew no weapon he had other than the sattilite launcher could harm this beast. "Sir I need backup immediatly!" he said to Wraith.
Wedge14

Wedge grinned to himself , as he saw the enemy unit push itself up.

"Ditch the sleds! we're hitting the base!"

With that Fourteen's unit did a mid air flip releasing the sled on such an angle it would launch itself towards Black mage and his mecha which i forget what it is called right now.

Gremio and Nash both hopped off their sleds sending them towards the base. The three Kampfers suddenly exploded with speed as they took advantage of their GN powerplants.

Quickly taking their place was a quartet of hapless Babis.

The mobile dolls formed in an obscure diamond formation and started to fire on Black Mage and his mysterious machine.

Wedge and His cohorts had quickly made their way into the base using their speed and maneuverability ro dance circles around a few lions.

Then they saw it....

"What the hell is that?" Screamed a suddenly frightened Nash.

"It's huuuuuge." Added Gremio.

"Bigger it is the harder it falls. Surround it and quickly take it out. Don't let its size scare you. Theres a person inside that thing."

Wedge took the lead his Kampfer hitting the ground and ramping off a bunker he started pumping his shot gun wildly as he fired at the big red machine.

Like they did for every encounter so far, both Nash and Gremio took the flank. Nash firing his Panzerfausts towards the red giants knees, and Gremio wildy spraying his submachine gun.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Sume Gai

Daniel Smith

Support was already there right beside him 3 of the GN-X IIIs which had been with the sub group from the beginning in addition one of the Zamza-zah's positioned itself between Daniel and Valsion sending it's frontal Multi-phase energy cannons towards the beast of a machine.

Daniel meanwhile signaled the Vosgulov for another Dueterion beam only to be informed it would be another 15 seconds before one would be ready.

Wraith

much like Lt. Fourteen Wraith found himself with better targets than Black Mage as the Valsion rose from the elevator. It had been his objective to force the DC's leader into direct combat; his last option to kill the man. He knew none of his built in weapons would work on the Warp Field so he sent for the Black Hole Gun which would be launched from a submarine in moments.

In the mean time however the remainder of his raiding forces descended on the Island, 9 GN-X III's and the 2 Zamza-Zahs.
Last edited by Sume Gai on Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wingnut

The assault by the Kämpfer units was fierce, but ineffective as they all impacted harmlessly against the warp field.

Bian rushed the unit on his right (Wedge's left) while firing another CS burst at Wedge and once close enough, took a swing at the Kämpfer in front of him with the Divine Arm.

Elsewhere in the base, Lune stood ready outside the incomplete Valsione ready to jump in and fight should the battle come to her. Most of the weapons were not yet installed, but she could use the divine arm and beam cannon if needed. Though with Masamune and his Sisquide also nearby, it was unlikely.
Still, Lune did not like the forced standby one bit.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Avalon

Commander Rissur had intended to visit the prisoner but those plans changed when he was, most urgently, called called back to the bridge by the Avalon's acting Captain, however, he ordered that some food be sent to the prisoner before he left for the bridge. Upon arriving the officer informed him of the problem.

"We've detected the Ceres on long range sensors and it looks like they are headed for us."

"They've seen us?"

"most likely there's minimal Minovsky interference that would prevent it"

Claus thought for a few moments before handing down orders.

"Raise altitude and keep on our course but put Hal, Jason and Jennefer on standby."

Sume Gai/Tallis Stenner

It seemed Ryker was willing to undertake the rescue operation, as such, Gai needed to get ready. He would take a Lifter fitted with an HOS Jammer to get close to the vessel. However on his way he ran into Tallis Stenner still looking rather distraught.

"Talllis... It's going to be alright Ryker just approved a rescue mission and I'll be going to help out."

Her head raised looking more hopeful this time

"You'll keep your promise right?"

"didn't I keep it last time? you are a pilot now aren't you?"

For added effect he mustered a warm smile. She returned the smile though rather weakly at first.

"Thank you... Thank you so much..."

Gai found himself rather embarrassed about the thanks; he was only trying to correct his mistake after all.

"wait till I get him back first; then you can thank me." Something Struck Gai at that moment "actually... why don't you come along there would be a lot of use for someone with your talent."

Tallis was surprised by the request but too worried to show it outright. It was an easy choice if she could help Zaine it would be worth any risk.

"I'll do anything I can."

It was easy to see determination in her eyes which Gai thought was far better than the worry she had shown before but time was wearing thin; if they hoped to catch the Avalon by sled they'd have to move fast.

"good, then come along, we don't have much time."
Last edited by Sume Gai on Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

hellbore

-Cerberus-

The Raygun Pods random firing patterns were too much for one of the doll DINNs as it dodged two of the twim beam but a third and fourth took off the head and bisected the suit respectively. The doll's lack of melee weapons also worked against them as the Coating Sword sliced though one of the BABIs.

Unleashing yet another spread of Ho Missiles, Jacob switched the Sword to the other hand and took off, leaving an orange streak in the air. The missiles were either avoided or shot down, though a few caused minor damage. Using the distraction Jacob flashed up in front of a DINN and drove the tip of the forearm shield into the torso of the mobile suit. Firing off the Ignite Pike with a cry, the stored energy completely destroyed the cockpit and mobile doll system inside it.

As the DINN plummeted to earth, Sara called out.

"Jacob! Dr. Zoldark has launched in the Valsion and is under heavy attack. We have to help him."

"Got it," replied Jacob and sent another swarm of missiles and the dolls and broke off. Transforming to Form S, Sara charged the Terminus Smasher and fired off the wide yellow energy beam which destroyed the remaining dolls. Taking off toward the ground, Sara single out a dark blue Huckebein that seemed to be unique, a sure sign of a commander, and fired two shots from the Radical Railgun at the Personal Trooper.
Last edited by hellbore on Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
Sume Gai

((I'm assuming you mean me but FYI the 008L is dark blue, unless of course you're attacking one of the Mk II-Ms))
Wraith

While awaiting the launch of his weapon; a large mech which seemed to be brimming with energy fired twice at him. He slid aside easily letting both shots fly past before returning fire with his Magna Beam Rifle; but Wraith wasn't the only thing the Cerberus had to deal with. A Zamza-zah leveled it's forward arms and fired all the weapons on them at the Cerberus' side, 8 CIWS 2 cannons and 2 Multi-Phase-Energy cannons.

Over the sea one of the subs launched the Black Hole Gun which flew air-wards like an ICBM.

Daniel Smith

The time had passed and the dueterion beam was ready. Daniel moved back into position as the emitter targeted the panels and a green ray began to fill his launcher with energy.

hellbore

((Oops, my bad. :oops: I'll edit it now. Can't think of where I read that.))

- Cerberus -

As the dark blue Gundam look-alike sidestepped her fire and returned it, the sensors picked up incoming fire from the side. The CIWS fire was easily absorbed by the TE Sphere and the Multi-Phase-Energy cannons were dodged around, though one of the beams grazed the barrier, pushing the Cerberus over.

Choosing to ignore the PT on the ground, Sara once again charged the Terminus Smasher and fired it off at the mobile armour off the coast of the island base.