Ep. 028 - Marky Mark & The 30 Bunch!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 028 - Marky Mark & The 30 Bunch!

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 028 - "Marky Mark & The 30 Bunch!"
- Unplugged Version: 64 kbps - 199 min., 7 sec. (3:19:07) - 91.1 MB
- Remastered Version: Coming Soon!

Special Guest Host: Destiny_Gundam (2nd Segment)

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo News!"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:06:22

02. Preview: Next Time on Level Nine! - "Spike VGA Awards: Best RPG?"
Runtime: 0:06:22 - 0:08:13

03. 1st Segment: "Live with Dr. Gundamn!, Part One"
Callers Featured: snoops619 - Areku - Austin - goufx - Crestborne - Battosai28 - chaosmeika - Doctor - TheGoose
Runtime: 0:08:13 - 0:50:53

04. Florida Oriental Trading (Commercial)
Runtime: 0:50:53 - 0:52:35

05. 2nd Segment: "Gundam Round-Up!: G-Saviour" (featuring Destiny_Gundam)
Runtime: 0:52:35 - 1:52:45

06. Preview: Next Time on Gundamn! - "Mobile Suit Gundam SEED"
Runtime: 1:52:45 - 1:55:13

07. 3rd Segment: "Live with Dr. Gundamn!, Part Two"
Callers Featured: thanatos - Robo Jason Mk1 - Im Char's lil girl - VentZX - Kavik Ryx - Kira of the Sky - Momaru - Demon Lord of L5 - Destiny_Gundam - anubis - The Fowl Sorcerous - thehod - Wingnut (via e-mail)
Runtime: 1:55:13 - 3:15:03

08. Epic Sugar Works (Commercial)
Runtime: 3:15:03 - 3:15:38

09. Outro: "Closing/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 3:15:38 - 3:19:07

A week after recording it, we present our second live call-in session! It was an astounding success and we give our endless thanks to all 23 participants, which is far higher than the handful we expected to rock the mic with us! In addition, both parts of the "Live with Dr. Gundamn!" segment sandwich our Gundam Round-up of the Motion Picture Event of 1999, "G-Saviour". Listen as Chris & Neo face off with Destiny_Gundam while Soul Bro Ryu ducks for cover! ^_^

Never expected this to be a showkiller, but did it ever turn into one! Mad props for the help, gang! Also, word to Doctor in particular for being our first guest from another podcast, SSAA Podcast. Visit their website, subscribe to them on iTunes & to their RSS Feed and support another great podcast!

Thanks for listening and for the feedback!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - MechaTalk Forum - Level Nine - SSAA Podcast - MySpace - FaceBook - Spill - Mevio - iTunes - Main RSS Feed

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://www.podshow.com/feeds/gundamntheshow.xml

[email protected]
Last edited by Soul Bro Ryu on Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Rurushu Ranperuji

I'm increasingly impressed at how quickly your getting these out, keep up the good work guys! ^^
TheGoose

I can't wait to listen to the G-Saviour segment. Thats gonna be hilarious.
VentZX

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Gonna listen to this while I work on some Gunpla. Couldn't be more appropriate.
Doctor

Hope I don't sound too lame.
Valmanway

Shot, Soul Bro. Loving these rapid-fire updates.
Doctor

Soul Bro, you are missing one more "A" for my show. Sorry
Soul Bro Ryu

Thanks for the compliments, you guys! Also, word-up for the correction, Doctor ^_^

All taken care of!
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Doctor

No prob. Now my zero post record is over. :cry:
ZeroBusterXX

Man, I can't wait to listen to this. You guys are so hilarious. I can't wait to hear you rip G-Savior a new one.
Demon Lord of L5
Location: DARWEN IN THE COUNTY OF LANCASHIRE IN THE KINGDOM OF ENGLAND

Well done Soul Bro for getting this out within two weeks

Just listened to the episode the G-saviour round-up has my interests peaked just to see how it is and after I see it I'll comment on it.

The Call-in segments just hearing all the different questions from a whole plethora of people from at different places.

With my part I'm happy that I finally get to talk to Chris and talking to Neo and Soul Bro before hand. Also Happy to Hear Chris go "HA-HA" at Soul Bro and Saying "Nice" for me Sub jesting Sean Bean as Jamil Neate Even though I did But in couple times after my questions.

On another note Soul Bro we need to organize our Soul cal 4 Battle.
And also if people haven't noticed after the call-in show I changed my avatar to Sean Bean as Richard Sharpe
Last edited by Demon Lord of L5 on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COME AND HAVE A GO IF YOU THINK YOUR HARD ENOUGH!!!

BECAUSE I THE DEMON LORD OF L5, ODENST
WILL NOT BACK DOWN TO THAT CHALLENGE
The Fowl Sorcerous

Cool to see the episode up. Nice hearing all the guys from the chat and what they had to contribute.

I too pound the Hatorade for G-Saviour, but I will say one thing it's defense; the fight on the colony mirror is a cool idea, the execution was still poor.
[[lorem ipsum]]
VentZX

Best episode ever, and I'm not just saying that because I was on it. :wink:

But in all honesty, you guys helped me get through the long and tedious process of putting most of the decals on my MG Unicorn, so you can imagine the grin on my face when Neo mentioned that about this particular model.

The G-Saviour segment was also hilarious. Destiny, I gotta agree with the Gundamn crew, you are way to soft on bad shows. But hey, it's up to you to decide what to like and dislike. About G-Saviour, I checked it out once, and honestly couldn't stomach it. It always baffles me when I see people say that they like the G-Saviour itself when it's such a plain design.

Loved hearing the questions, and I was pretty surprised at just how diverse the listeners are. If you guys do this again, you can certainly count on me to be there again. Great job all around!
wraith1701

Wow. G-Savior? That's like the Star Wars Holiday Special of the Gundam universe. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say about it.

And as mentioned before, thank you THANK YOU Gundamn guys for putting out the show on such a regular basis. You guys are the best!
Wingnut

Thanks for the answer. Kenshin's engligh VA would work well for Garrod IMO as well. The woman who did Quess and Seabook's little sister would be a good choice for Tiffa as well. Pity she retired from the business to raise her family. Not that I can blame her for that choice, but it does take away my number one VA for that role.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kavik Ryx

Just saw the episode, and damn, do I sound horrible. The live call in was real fun, and I can't wait for whenever the next one is.

After hearing and reading about many people working on Gunpla while listening, I spent most of the G Savior segment working on a Dougram model. It's so old that not only does it require glue, but the glue it came with is now rock solid, and having to make due with super glue is not pleasant.

Actually with regards to G Savior, Chris's synopsis actually made it sound better than it actually is. Then again, if the writing is just that terrible, that would make the whole difference.
Kaioshin Sama

Ah yes, F****n eh! You guy's are cranking these out. This comes at a time when I'm desperately looking for some commentary style media. You've made my night. Gundamn! for me has become one of the last few precious bastions of decent, clear-headed, fun and fair commentary on anime and mecha and something I now look forward to every week as I phase out my reading of other blogs for opinions and commentary.
Robo Jason Mk1

Yay I'm on the Internet Talking to people!

And one more thing...
Demon Lord of L5 wrote: On another note Soul Bro we need to organize our Soul cal 4 Battle.
Can I get in on that Soul Cal 4 Action? My 360 is not working right now, yet my GT is Van Dusk.
Momaru

It was really great getting to actually talk with you Gundamn! host people. I really enjoyed being on, and I hope to get the chance to talk with you guys again sometime! Maybe if and when I surpass Pundam. Thanks for doing the live call in sessions, they are really great fun and a nice way for the rest of us here at MAHQ to get in on the action.
Tell me why, at this turning point in our history, must we fight amongst each other and further pollute the earth?
- Char Aznable, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Ohmygodiamonfire

Another great episode, but one correction. The Cop car in the Transformer movie wasn't called Buzzkill, he was called Barricade.

Haven't seen G-Savior, and after hearing about it, I really don't want to.

I'd love to join in on one of these call in segments, but my voice would not only destroy your eardrums, but also break the soundbarrier.
ShadowCell wrote:"...we'll, uh, do the same thing that the original Neue Ziel did."
"Which is...?"
"Crash into stuff."
"...oh."