Ep. 027 - The Face of Post-Racial Gundam

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
The Fowl Sorcerous

Hey guys, another great episode. It was nice hearing each your thoughts on Turn A (nice israeli-palestine comparison, btw), which actually the third gundam series I ever watched and one I would love to see come to our side of the Pacific (if only for some official romanizations).

As for opinions on the internet Sturgeons Law is very much in effect so I always bear that mind when I read what people have to say on anything.

I'm still not sure of how I stand on the shorter episode length, on the one hand it's less of a time commitment to listen to the show, but the content who put out is always top notch.

Looking forward to what you have to say about G Saviour.
[[lorem ipsum]]
thehod

Here's a great rule of thumb regarding forums: Dont feed the trolls
Demon Lord of L5
Location: DARWEN IN THE COUNTY OF LANCASHIRE IN THE KINGDOM OF ENGLAND

thehod wrote:Here's a great rule of thumb regarding forums: Dont feed the trolls
If you do feed them they will never go away
COME AND HAVE A GO IF YOU THINK YOUR HARD ENOUGH!!!

BECAUSE I THE DEMON LORD OF L5, ODENST
WILL NOT BACK DOWN TO THAT CHALLENGE
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

The Fowl Sorcerous wrote: Looking forward to what you have to say about G Saviour.
That is not for the faint of heart.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
wielder

I remember watching a trailer for Turn A Gundam early on, around the time of its debut, and pretty much forgetting about the whole thing. As you can I imagine, my current reaction is: what the heck was I thinking? :lol:

Turn A is just so...different from the average Gundam series but at the same time it brings back the spirit of innovation and creativity. An excellent cast of characters and a completely new story, with a few familiar ideas but a very fresh execution. I'm enjoying it more than the second season of 00, if you want me to be honest, although that's an unfair comparison. 00 is a good show, by all means, but it takes a different set of risks while still sticking to the usual formula.

I don't mind spoilers, but I'm currently in the middle of watching Turn A, thanks to both this podcast and the recently (unofficially) translated Super Robot Wars @ Gaiden for the PS1. Great game, for those few who haven't checked it out. :D

As for hyper criticism...honestly, it's unfortunately become one of the landmarks of the internet as we know it and it's natural for directors like Mizushima to notice. I'm sure he has no problems with valid complaints but a lot of people just have knee-jerk reactions. Even when something deserves criticism, and many recent shows do, that's not an excuse for excessive trolling and flaming.
thanatos

thehod wrote:Here's a great rule of thumb regarding forums: Dont feed the trolls
I often can't distinguish between trolling and authentic stupidity. If the internet has taught me nothing else, it's that yes, people really are that dense.
Mu La Flaga

Re: Ep. 027 - The Face of Post-Racial Gundam

I wonder if Wing fanboys who bash other Gundam series, as being Trolls too.
Probably do it is a sad state of affairs when fandoms have a mob mentality sometimes when it comes to opinions on shows.

On a Turn A related note, I mean I used to not like the design it still is the same way but I appreciate other things about that Gundam series such as Harry Ord in his Gold Sumo for example.
I mean it's just a fact they need to try and open their minds more before shooting their mouths off.
Although some of them remain stuck on very biased opinions for a long time obviously.