Chapter 15: Trouble in Tokyo

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
SNT1

--Sidewinder Team--

"Wha? How bad? Oh? Well please keep at it... thanks. Thanks for the effort, ok, bye."

Antonio had just finished a phone call from Tokyo, one of the base mechanics there had described the Gundam Mk-V's condition. "So..." Antonio brings up a conversation. The crew had just gotten their groove back after watching the horrors unfold right in front of their eyes. Slug had gotten back to installing a new, standard OS in his Ex-S Gundam, with Johann's written instructions of course (the man is still playing with ALICE). Antonio continues, "Mark-V is dented pretty badly... Front torso is warped and the head is crushed. Joints are still good though, they said, and the mechanics in our Asia branch are trying to get replacement parts."

"That's too bad," Slug says, "never even seen real action."

"How's that OS working out? I hear Johann wants to spend more time with ALICE."

"Oh it's from the Hummingbird's, they say my data's already there, meaning I'd be more familiar with the Ex-S anyway this way, and the Ex-S be more familiar with me, so they say, haha." Slug mentions. Slug had tested a lot of mobile suits, from a random Powered-GM prototypes to human-sized power armors to Gundam Mk-II concepts, but the ZetaPlus was the one unit he had grown attached too, and the unit where he put alot of work and testing, and of course the first unit he used to do 'military work for cash.'

"And oh by the way, the mechanic says that Rachel is ok and that she says 'I hope you're not having too much fun,'" Antonio says.

"A-ha. She's tough to kill. Anyways, couldn't contact her earlier. Must be the rampant GN-crap earlier."

With that, the two men went to work, until...

"Whoa this $%^@ is creepy," Johann says as he comes out of his office.

"What now?" Antonio asks.

"So, like, I couldn't take this thing apart, right? So I hooked it up to a computer, ok? Trying to go into its most basic programming, went into the core, and it started giving off cryptic errors. Like, 'please,' 'please.' I had to literally STOP..."

"Whoa that is messed up," Antonio shrugs.

"Yeaaaaah I think I'm going to hold off on it for a bit..." Johann finally says as he went straight into the nearest seat and slumped.

--Gundam Team ver. Awesome--

"Ahem..."

Someone tries to interrupt the... comfortable situation the two female majors are in, as both had fallen asleep in the couch on the lounge, with barely audible music.

Rachel was the first to go awake... "...What is it captain?"

Standing before the girls is Max Highwind, one who is more often in direct charge of the famed Airmaster squad than Rachel herself.

"We have received orders from Nellis concerning our performance in recent battles. It's a direct order from a Brigadier General."

"I see... so.. stay safe?" Rachel says, to which just the older man smirks. "You be careful here as well, the Duskraiders will be waiting for our Majors' next move."

With that, a formal salute (that Rachel never really cares about, but the subordinates do it anyway), and the man is gone.

Not too long after, another man shows up. A Japanese Captain this time, and his louder call prompted Taylor to snap out and pay attention, as well. "Damage reports?" Taylor immediately asks, but the man shakes his head. "No ma'am, a prisoner."

"Oh, so she's ok, then... Be right there."

--Maria--

She's locked up, but put in a humane cell block. She has a television set, an edible meal, and a few books. Some have tried talking to her, but her mouth's zipped. She just shoots that glare and under the military law here, they can't do anything about it.

Taylor walks into the room, her hair and glasses straightened out, with some files. She calls out Maria's name in front of her. "Maria Katrina Rodriguez. Born from a wealthy family that once owned a gigantic farm. Joined Fandom using the Legend Gundam. So what's your story?"

"..."

"You can speak. Don't worry, no good-cop bad-cop here. Besides, Fandom won't even try to rescue you."

"You're that cheap bitch with the gold Gundam..." was all Maria muttered under her breath. Taylor has already accomplished more than any of the others who tried to interview her combined.

"Why, yes. So... Your family's farm have been under Federation protection over the recent years. Why turn against us?" Taylor is back to being cool and collected, and just adjusted her glasses after Maria's biting comment.

Finally, Maria opens up... "...your 'superiors...' We were loyal to the Federation."

"Go on..."

"They held us accountable.. for the illegal smuggling of drugs and energy, even though...we had nothing to do with the sort."

"Charges were cleared," Taylor shoots back near-instantly.

"Our reputation was ruined."

"I seriously doubt that."

"You know nothing. Not even after we hired a sword-for-hire guy to clean out the criminals you idiots were supposed to go after."

"What if I said that that said sword-for-hire is currently working for the Federation right now?"

"..." Maria seemed genuinely surprised.

"Yes, in fact he flew with us a few times here in Asia. Sidewinder guy?"

"You know him?"

"Not personally. Although your family's move was commended by the Feds, that's how they were able to contact him in the first place. In fact, he's helped out alot on this side of the world, thanks to your family."

"That doesn't mean jack to the regular citizens there. And we lost a lot of money."

"...I have nothing for that," Taylor resigns, feigning a 'sorry' face for Maria.

After silence, Maria asks. "Now... are you going to waterboard me and try to extract Fandom information? Execute me?"

"No, not really," Taylor replies, "It seems that your family has now become a major food supplier for the Federation forces in the Americas, despite the reptutation you claimed the Rodriguez Family had. Haven't talked to them for a while, haven't we?"

MAria just hung her head in shame in guilt. She knew that 'taking revenge' for her family's unfortunate luck wasn't in her family's best interest, anyways.

"You go to prison in South America for a very long time. Includes community and military service, example, working with your family, under heavy security of course, as they are now cooperating with Federation on rather good terms. Of course, the alternative is being a pilot. Keep in mind that option number two would still net you some jail time, albeit far shorter."

"..." Maria just sat there and thought about alot, prompting Taylor to leave, but left the final message, "You'll still be shipped back to Latin America either way. Make the best choice," Taylor says as she leaves.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Wingnut

- Red Eagle + Raven and co. -

Gorden was about to open up and tell off Elya when Raven's voice cut across the hanger as she and the two others with her approached.
"Major Gorden."

He quickly spun around and saluted. "Yes, Lady Raven. What can I do for you?"

"We'll need to head back to Hawaii for the time being. My suit needs repairs and we all need a new combat strategy with that ship around. As you may have seen, those mobile suits of theirs are far beyond our own GN technology." Raven said, pausing for a moment as she took note of Elya.

"Who's the kid, and what's she doing on a military warship? Is there something you need to tell me, Major?"

Gorden started to turn red with embarrassment at the implication that Elya was his own child.
"No, ma'mn. She is a fully trained pilot and of no relation to me."

Nena took a step forward towards Elya. "So, kid. You got a name or do we just call you The Pink Spore?"
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

Ouch

-Black Mage and Lune-

"Hey, hey, hey!" Black Mage --- where had he been for the past Chapter or so, anyway? --- cried out as, the moment Lune had walked out of the office where one certain Colonel Morpheus was assigned and turned around, he shuffled quickly up to her with a gleeful body posture and ^^s for eyes. Lune frowned; After hearing about Masaki having left, Wingnut's message, and then trying to find Morpheus to talk to him about the Valsione to no avail, Black Mage was the very last person on Aidoneus --- no, in the world she wanted to see. As Black Mage kept ^^ing, Lune placed her arms behind her back exasperatedly, awaiting and expecting the worst.

He was still the one-dimensional Black Mage she's known since the Light Warriors were formed, after all. "Look, look. I'm sorry about before," Black Mage lost the ^^, yellow dots staring at her, hands gesturing for her to hear him out; Lune blinked, not fully relaxing her guard. "But I really do have something I want to tell you."

"Make it quick..." Lune sighed, glaring back at him.

"I just wanted to say..." Black Mage began slowly. "That the top and ripped jeans really look good on you."

At that, Lune blinked for a moment. Was that all...?

"T-thank you. I guess."

And all hopes of that faded away, causing Lune to facefault, as Black Mage regained his ^^s: "But baby, they'd look even better on my bedroom floor!!!"

Silence. Awkward.

Lune stared.

"I...I LIKE YOU TOO!"

At that sudden outburst, Black Mage ^^'d, blinking, almost not believing it was true...and then he sulked as he realized that it really wasn't true. Lune...didn't say that one, Black Mage blinked, peering a few doors away, causing Lune to turn left and follow Black Mage's gaze. After a second's pause, Black Mage finally perked up as he realized who the owner of that voice really was: "...That was Tallis?"

Lune was at an equal loss of words as she stared blankly at said door. "...What was that about...?"

"AAAAAGGGHH!!!"

And that isn't Tallis, either. Then what bloody idiot's...? Black Mage soon didn't have to wait for his question to be answered as, with a deathly glare for ruining his moment (and big return), he crossed his arms and stepped past Lune, glaring at the door as it opened and a fairly embarassed Xiu stepped out and ran away. With a curious sigh, Lune stepped forward as Black Mage followed, walked over to the door, took a hold of it...

And demonstrated her raw 25 Str as Lune, with a growl, swung the door backwards hard and outwards, causing the door to slam into Black Mage's chest. Unceremoniously and with a "Ouch!" gasp, BM flew back further away from her, rolled a few feet, and stopped in a heap, yellow dots spinning in dizziness. @_@

As she then glanced at the other occupants of said room, Lune gave herself a satisfied smile as she blinked at Tallis and Zaine curiously --- and the smile widened as Lune realized what was going on. At least, she decided, something was going right here. With a devious smile and a wave, Lune closed the door promptly and strode away, leaving Black Mage to @_@ in defeat once again.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Kylern

-Kylern-

After collecting some gear as well as his specialized interface combat suit he headed into the Ceres. The first thing he did was put his stuff in the empty cockpit of the TEMJIN for safekeeping since he didn't really have a room or anything, neither did he trust certain individuals with his collection of expensive and advance technology. Stepping down from the cockpit he looked around the hangar with certain rememberance. He had been here before and had seen a similar layout in SEED Destiny. The problem was he couldn't remember reality from his own twisting memories so he wasn't sure where to go.

After looking around a bit he noticed a tech officer and hurried over to the man for directions. "Hey buddy where's the Cap'em at, I need to see him?" He asked slurring the word Captain with his still audible accent.

The tech looked at him and pointed down a nearby hall without a word. Kylern just nodded. "Thank ya man." He started off but slide to a halt before he got out of earshot. "Remember to don't touch my TEMJIN!" It was said with a smile but he meant business. The tech gave an ok sign and Kylern hurried off trying to follow guide signs on the wall as he made his way to the office.

Once there he knocked, waited for an answer and stepped into Ryker's office. "Yoh! Long time no see Cap'em!" He tried to act as friendly as possible as he stood there just inside the doorway. "I'm sure you heard from the Doc that I'll be joinen the operation this time. I hope to help you out as much as possible despite my limitations." He shifted his weight onto one leg and placed his arms behind his back.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Terrace

Terrace boarded the Ceres in short order after making sure that Heavyarms was secure in the ship's hangar. He heard from a mechanic that the Gundam Team was going on a mission to raid a MS manufacturing facility, and he didn't want to be left behind.

Approaching Captain Ryker's office, he stood behind Kylern. After Kylern's spiel, Terrace entered the room and saluted.

"Sir, I'm glad to be going on another mission under your command. It has far too long in my opinion."

Terrace then thought back to the rumors he had heard.

"Captain, is it true that we are going to raid a Mobile Suit factory?"
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Cybaster

-Ishikawa-

"Ah, welcome," Ishikawa greeted, arms propped up and seated on the large table in the rectangular War Room in what is called a 'Gendo Pose', staring evenly at Zero and June as they entered. Although he was hoping to get their business concluded as quickly as possible, he was waiting, musing. Probing at what could possibly bring Zero of the Black Knights here of all places. "Let's get right to the matter at hand, as I take it this isn't a mere social visit. How can I help you, Zero?"
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Kylern

-Kylern-

He gave a raised eyebrow as the heavy arms fellow came waltzing in and interupted what he had hope would be a private conversation. After all he never got one with anyone important... Once of these 'types' always seemed to just walk in and push him aside. So in true family fashion he decided to be a smart ass and let this guy know that stepping on toes was more than just rude.

"My my ain't someone impatient..." This was condescending of course and coupled with Kylern shifting his stance with his arms folded in front of him he tried to give the impression of displeasure. "I was talking first so if you don't mind." He wanted to shoo the guy off with a hand guesture but that would have been tasteless. on several levels. Instead he just gave a glance and hoped Terrace got the message.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Wingnut

- Ryker -

"Indeed he was, Terrace. Please don't be so rude."

"I have indeed heard from him that you will be joining us and the fast attack abilities of the TEMJIN should prove useful in the type of operation we're going on, which Mr. Terrace, is indeed to raid a Federation mobile suit factory. Specifically one that is known to produce Gundam type mobile suits."

- END OF CHAPTER -
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.