Chapter 14: Edge of the Blade (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Kylern

-Kylern-

"I'm just being dramatic, so ignore silly ole me." He tried to laugh uncomfortably and shake the ill feelings away. But the depression had gripped him harder than he ever had. It was hard on him in a psychological way. But he shook it off and just leaned his head closer looking for some sort of support. She didn't know that large parts of his brain.

"Did I tell you that you remind me of this character race from a video game back home? Even the healing magic is just like that game." He was mumbling again and actually on the verge of drifting to sleep while relaxing there.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Nero

-Rena-

She pushed away slightly and brought her eyes to meet his. "What? what are you..." she remembered he was from another dimension.

Must be something from back home for him...

Then she did something impulsive... Kylern would feel Rena in a moment as her lips met his.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Wingnut

- Chris -

"That I looked up when you all first came on board the Valhalla. I forget a few, but yours stuck out as you're piloting a Mk. II as well.
And the name's Chris Talon." he said as he took the offered drink.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kylern

-Kylern-

"I'm just a normal person caught in a situation far beyond my comprehension..." He continued to sit there absentmindedly sort of confused as to why she asked what he was. He was probably more normal than she was... Then again at this point he couldn't remember what he did before coming here. Hell even his original name was a struggle to recollect. All he knew was that he was Kylern the pilot for the TEMJIN and a connection to two individuals in this world.

He was finally awoken though as a set of lips touched his creating a small flame to spark inside of him. This flame felt warm and brought a new sort of light to his dark brown eyes. He embrassed the kiss because it felt right as well as good.
SNT1

--Gundam Team ver. Awesome--
--Rachel, Taylor, and the Duskraiders--

Five pilots meet up with the two Airmasters that got ahead in Tokyo. The base is more heavily armed than Taipei, with AA turrets as well as competent modified ZetaPlus units.

Another thing that is guarded is the Gundam Mk-V, stored in the hangar. Maximum security style. A few Sidewinder personnel work on it now and then, mostly fiddling with its electronics and A.I., to get the thing battle-ready.

Both Rachel and Taylor await further orders there, but if anything, they'd still likely stay and deal with matters here in the Pacific, since the Fandom runs rampant in the area as of late, and the Divine Crusaders being pesky annoyances aren't helping, either...

--Sidewinder Crew-- (Cruise control mode)
--Slug, Antonio and Johann--

It was late at night in Europe, and one would find three guys staying overtime in the bar.

"...Are you saying that you almost blew your cover here?" Antonio says.

"...Yeaaah. There was like... a bunch of us Preventers here," Johann responds with a slight slur, pointing where it happened. "It's like, the same exact bar as my universe, whoa... Hey Slug why didn't you invite your girl--err--ladyfriends over? I'd show them a good time here! And stuffs."

"Eh, just one, and they're regular soldiers," Slug replies, "I dunno about that girlfriend thing though... she's bipolar or something, hah!"

"I thought you had two women teammates?"

"Yeah there was a newcomer, never seen her though, she sounds like---the serious type with a sexeh voice!"

"Nice!"

"Another one please!"

They continue to order more drinks past midnight...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Omega

-Zaine-

"Pleasure to meet ya Chris." Zaine decided to sit down in a chair across from Chris. "Looks like we may need a way to tell our machines apart since i'm gonna stay aboard... Hey, you any good at cards?" He produced two decks of cards from his jacket with awkward-looking backs.

((OOC: We won't actually play the game, just asking and wanting to give Zaine something to do for about two hours and i'll put in a timeskip if you agree.))
Nero

-Rena-

Rena too felt a flame inside her showing how right this felt. In return, she kissed back, doing her best to match his. Much to her surprise, a part of her seemed to want something from Kylern, but Rena did her best to keep that in check.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Kylern

-Kylern-

Finally aware as to what was going on he pulled away slowly ending the kiss. His good sense told him that this wasn't appropriate, especially for an RPG of this caliber. Wait what was he talking about? Wasn't this an actual world like his own?

"Wake up and remember why your here..."

Quickly Kylern looked all around him for the source of the voice. It wasn't until he realized it was in his head did he try to hide his absolute confusion from Rena. Was he dreaming again? Did that kiss really exist? Was he really questioning his own reality? Wasn't that a symptom of insanity?

His face turned into a blank expression as he stared off into the water finding it hard to draw out of his strange state of mind. Was he really crazy?

He turned his glassy eyes over towards Rena... "Why am I here? Weren't we just in the shower room?" His mind seemed to have rebooted right there.
Nero

((Sorry dude...))
-Rena-

After Kylern broke the kiss, she realized her hormones got the better of her... But for Kylern to pretend it didn't happen...

-Half an hour later-

Rena walked out of the passage; fully dressed, with a rather wound up expression on her face, leaving poor, innocent Kylern with multiple bruises in several places.

"Jerk..." She said as she stormed off and back into the base.
Kylern

-Kylern after an unknown amount of time-

He reawoke back in the medical wing feeling light headed and once again hooked up to a bunch of machines. There were also several bandages on his body that he didn't know where they had come from. But instead of talking he just laid back and stared at the ceiling.

Nearby Goldsburg watched over him with a serious expression on his face. "Your becoming more of a hassel you know? We found you laying in a hotspring unconscience. What the hell were you doing in there?"

Kylern thought about it for a second and couldn't remember. He was with someone but once again he felt lost. "I don't know actually... My memory is fuzzy."

Goldsburg just looked at him and sighed. "Just sleep and you'll feel better later. At this rate your no good to either yourself or DC." And with that he went back around the cornor leaving Kylern to try to sleep again.
Cybaster

-Morpheus-

Hmm...it's coming from her, alright. Lawful Evil, and no lead sheet. But there's no need to alarm Lady Lune yet --- in fact, she might be of use to me in the long run...

"No, not at the moment, Lady Lune...not yet." Morpheus nodded and took two steps towards June and Lune, eyeing the bottles in June's hands. His eyebrows curled into a slight disapproving glance; the presence remained strong as ever. "Merely curious as to our new mechanic's choice of beverage --- it hardly seems all that refreshing. Would you mind..."

And Morpheus stared straight at June.

"Would you mind if I try a few sips first?"
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Sume Gai

Icer/Wraith

The two stood the same distance apart as any of their other matches the gleaming blades reflecting the fading sunlight that lit the room. Icer had not often used a real blade before but his body was fit and strong enough that the added weight didn't bother him too much.

He tensed, ready to begin as soon as the invisible bell tolled; when it did Icer, aware he would not be able to ward off his foe's attacks, charged with a horizontal swing. the swing met Wraith's blade with a "twang" as the two swords repulsed each other. Wraith used the gained momentum and, spinning his blade, brought it down from above as though to split Icer's Head. Icer barely had time to recover and bring his blade up to block; he was surprised when he managed to stop the fearsome chop by using his left hand to support the flat of the blade.

In reality Wraith who had no intention of killing Icer and was holding back hoping to gain a measure of the man. Icer next pushed Wraith's blade back with a forceful shove and followed with a two-handed diagonal slash from right to left at the chest. Rather than parry Wraith stepped aside letting the slash pass harmlessly to his left before stabbing at Icer; A quick clean thrust at the man's head. Icer was forced to roll left to evade the stab, careful to avoid injuring himself with the blade he carried. He brought himself to his feet as he finished the roll and faced Wraith in a defensive posture.

Icer found that his heart was racing and his breathing growing heavier, the only notable noise in the Dojo; The Black Knight, on the other hand, showed no signs of fatigue. 'it could just be that I can't tell with that armor on' Icer shook the thought away, no, somehow he was sure this opponent was tireless. He needed to strike now before he got any more fatigued. For a few tense moments the two stood there still as stone, even Icer's ragged breath calmed for that moment. Then they charged both swinging their blades at the others chest; the metal edges colliding and pushing against one another in a stalemate. Icer was acutely aware of his disadvantage in a direct contest his body with limited strength would fall before his opponent did.

But Icer wasn't going to let this end so easily; He mustered the last of his strength and energy. and pulled back breaking the deadlock between the two and forcing his opponent to take a step forward to keep his balance. As this happened Icer half jumped, half dashed to the left and forward hoping that he could use an advantage in speed to land a blow on Black knight. Turning on his heels he brought the blade slashing at his foe's head but at the same time Wraith spun as well, letting himself pivot on his forward foot, his own blade headed for Icer's neck.

The two silver shafts stopped at the same time each hovering an inch from its target's neck. The final, dangerous, duel was a tie but somehow Icer was sure that had the Ebony foe put all his strength into the fight he would have already been dead. Lowering his sword Icer bowed

"I submit defeat."

To his surprise when he glanced up the knight was returning the gesture, a solemn bow acknowledging a worthy adversary. When the two stood straight again. Icer proffered the sword he had been given.

"Thank you, that was a marvelous fight. Perhaps one day we can do it again."

The Man in black took the blade and producing a sheath, Black in color and decorated in gold that matched the hilt of the blade, placed the blade inside and again held the weapon out to his opponent. Icer was taken aback, the Silent Knight was offering the sword to him as a gift; He hesitated for a second and then accepted it; He was sure this was also the man's way of acknowledging him. The Knight turned and began to leave his armored form beginning to fade into the shadows.

"wait sir! before you go would you honor me with your name? Mine is Icer, Killian Icer."

The figure now little more than an outline in the shadows stopped and turned it's helmeted head to the pilot. To those who might be watching it would seen the knight said nothing before turning and vanishing into the night but to Icer it seemed the world itself whispered a name

"Raven"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Nero

-June-

"Um... sure..." She held out the bottle in her left hand. Crap, Crap, Crap...
Omega

-Zaine-

"Huh... guess you don't want to play..." He left one deck on the table and put the other in his pocket before he opened his soda and began to drink it.

-Two Hours Later-

"Well, the system was fried, so we had to replace it... and we made this one more resistant, so you won't fry it as easily." One technician spoke. Zaine nodded as he climbed into the cockpit.

"All right, thanks..." He soon started up the machine and made his way to the Valhalla and enetered the hangar to find Tallis just finishing up.

"The system's been repaired, Tallis... We can find out if I am a..."
He trailed off not wanting to blurt it out for everyone to hear and raised the Mk. II's hand for her to climb on.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis stepped back to look as the last AB coat was finished. The Alt had, thanks to the layered coats, become rather shiny shiny enough that one could see a tinted reflection in the mech. Soon after Zaine entered offering a ride in the hand to wherever he planned to try using the T-Link system. Tallis accepted and climbed in from the scaffolding she had been on.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Kylern

-Doc. Goldsburg-

He was going through the information trying to find a way to help his charge. It seemed mental damage was too great for the guy to lead a normal life. So he guessed it was time to try something drastic again. Kylern needed a jumpstart in order to clean the cobwebs out of his brain. Now he knew this kid had latent potential after previous battles and tests. The problem was the dimensional defect that caused more problems everytime they overcame another.

What he needed was to get Kylern out to the front lines by intergrating him into the normal forces. But that couldn't happen until Bian was convinced Kylern was fit for combat. That was difficult to do with all the previous outbursts and setbacks. So he decided to call the man and find out what to do first.

"Doctor Bian this is Goldsburg in the R&D for Trans-Dimensional Technology and personal blah blah. You get the idea... Basically I need advice for what to do with the subject known as Kylern. I believe combat duty would allow him to grow and mature into his abilities. But while he's here on the island he continues to detoriate. I understand issues with his state of mind but I assure he's more reliable then several other border line psychotic personal you allow into the forces." He wanted to see his Ghost in action... Something told him all that was needed was a little push through that gate to unlock a nice little treasure.
Cybaster

-Morpheus-

What Morpheus did was straightforward after that --- he walked over to June, firmly grasped both bottles in his hands, and peered at them for a moment as if looking for something; His expression otherwise remained unreadable as he glanced at the drinks June was offering Lune.

And then Morpheus took a drink, one after another, from both of the bottles.

"Hmmm...not bad," Morpheus paused after awhile, nodded, and smiled to himself; Whatever it was Zero had ordered June to put in there might've affected Lune, but somehow, apparently, it wasn't affecting Morpheus one bit. Lune, however, blinked quizzically as Morpheus paused, not believing her eyes; She could've sworn Morpheus' eyes flickered a second with some kind of light when he did that, but then again, it had been easy to miss...But somehow it reminded Lune of Emily's presence.

...Made the Fort Save. Easily.

"But a tad on the tangy side; Not very suitable as a thirst quencher. There's something better in the cafeteria for that---" Morpheus began walking away and, a few steps away from June, stopped and turned around, waving a hand to beckon her to follow. "---Why don't you come get it with me and try it out first?"
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
SNT1

--Gundam Team ver. Awesome--
--Rachel and Taylor--

While in Tokyo, two girls spent a good amount of time working together to reclaim Fandom advances in Asia. The first of these plans is calling for Federation backup to get back to Wake Island, where it would be occupied by ZetaPlus squadrons, followed by contract workers to rebuild the base for Federation use. If anything, it would be a good outpost for the Federation for a future attack on Hawaii, a Fandom stronghold. Taylor calculates that the major tactical losses both at Wake and at Taipei would at least set back the Fandom forces for a bit. It's also a good outpost to attack the Divine Crusaders, but for now they are considered as annoying thorns, and considering they're also waging battles with Fandom in the area, it would be best to leave them alone... for now.

"Yes, it would be a very long term plan, but if we manage to get Hawaii on our hands, we would have East and Southeast Asia, the entire Northern Pacific and North America in our hands. From then on, our Asian bases would now be safe from any attacks from the east, and we can start to take over Russia and China." Taylor says, her glasses shining, just typing away at a computer.

"Sound plan," Rachel says, leaning back on her chair, relaxes, "but you can't take over a quarter of the world with just two majors and a handful of variable mobile suits..."

"Don't worry, if the Excalibur is any indication we're going to start to build up a bigger team to do just that. Besides, your friends are cooking up something big in Andorra, right?" Taylor responds.

"Still, you wouldn't have the authority to do what you want."

"Then I guess we just need to score more kills and victories to get promoted, hmm?"

"I suppose... Hey, wanna go out for a drink? All this planning makes me want to go down a few pints..." Rachel suggests.

"Ah... no thanks, still have a lot of paperwork to do," says Taylor, whose eyes are still fixed on the computer, hair slightly messed up, researching and typing away.

"No fun," Rachel pouts. Taylor just looks up and smiles, feeling a bit sorry, but this, in her mind, is something she just can't let go off even for a bit as it's too important.

Rachel walks out on her own to find the nearest pub outside the base. I just want to shoot stuff down, I'm not cut out for this commanding/planning thing.

(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
The Big Zabowski

-Ptolemy Crew-

The gaggle of innovators assembled in front of the landed Ptolemy at Tokyo International was quite a sight. It seemed that every other one looked identical to another one in the group. But if not for their hair colors that almost created a rainbow of sorts, they'd look just like a normal human. The whole crew, about 173 Innovators saluted their fallen comrade as well as their captain and commanding officer; a rendition of taps playing in the background as an unidentified foreign flag was draped on a casket.

After the brief assembly, the group disbanded, some returning to the ship while others using the time to take advantage of some ad-lib shore leave. The officers in particular made their way to a nearby pub which normally would have served commercial traffic if it weren't for Tokyo Int'l's transformation into a supply and military airfield. The trio of Innovators continued off the lightly secured field and toward the pub, spotting one of the pilots from the Airmaster flight that they had worked with during the fight at Taipei.

With a wave, Heading, the captain, called out to the pilot whom she'd recognized from vidscreen conversations on the flight over from the island.

"Hey, Airmaster!"

-Enlight-

Enlight, meanwhile, had skipped the entire procession, choosing instead to make her way onto the base in a secretive manner. Luckily for her, the computers on the Ptolemy were a far bit more advanced than those on base, so it was much easier than it was escaping her confinement on the Ptolemy. She soon found the room she was looking for, recognizing the name on the door from transcripts of the conversations between the Ptolemy and their new found Federal allies.

She didn't make herself known as she slowly and silently opened the door. Inside, she found Taylor busy at work over notes and a screen full of tactical data. With a smile she slipped inside and closed the door behind her, hopeful in part that the Major hadn't noticed the door at all.

She simply sat in a corner of the room in an office chair, legs crossed and eying the Major as a lion would stalk it's prey..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Wingnut

- Bian Zoldark -

No sooner than did Bian finish with Captain Altar did another call come in for him. Taking it in the Captain's cabin for the sake of connivance, he listened to what Goldsburg proposed.

"I agree. Having him out in the field would likely do him quite a bit of good. I was planning on having him join the unit that contains the Gundam Team when next they are deployed if he was healthy enough to do so.

If you can keep him well enough until then, he can go with them."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.