Ep. 023 - Checkmate!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Areku wrote:
hawk of endymion wrote:You are hearby appointed Vice President of the Sheryl Fan Club.

We should go and throw things at the Crossroad Crew.
As an honorary member of both groups, I am obligatorily confused...

quote]

The Sheryl still pretty, you might be able to secure an executive position in it. But, you'll have to denounce Saji.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Areku

hawk of endymion wrote:The Sheryl still pretty, you might be able to secure an executive position in it. But, you'll have to denounce Saji.
Hmm... I accept, on the condition that I'm still permitted to eat Saji's pizza. He's lousy at doing stressful things, but damn can that man-boy cook. ...Hey, that's what we can do, harass him into getting out of the way while encouraging him to make the world a better place by cooking.

...But, throwing things works too. 8)
Kavik Ryx

Little non-sequitor from the unofficial Sheryl fanclub, but why exactly were people saying that Shoji Kawamori was trolling the fans?
GN-003 Kyrios

Wasnt that because he didnt complete the love triangle. After the battle was over Alto didnt really choose anyone.
The old generation can't build the new era-Quattro Bajina (Zeta Gundam)

General
Unsubdued
Nuclear
Drive
Assault
Module
Kavik Ryx

GN-003 Kyrios wrote:Wasnt that because he didnt complete the love triangle. After the battle was over Alto didnt really choose anyone.
That seems like an odd reason. It's certainly not the first time a love triangle has gone unresolved, and besides. In the end Alto ended up with his one true love. The Sky. :wink:
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Kavik Ryx wrote:Little non-sequitor from the unofficial Sheryl fanclub, but why exactly were people saying that Shoji Kawamori was trolling the fans?
I don't know really, but the real reason seems is because the story didn't go the way people wanted it to.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
GN-003 Kyrios

That seem recidulous to me. Just because the story didnt go the way some fans wanted it to it doesnt mean that the director is trolling them. If they dont like it they should try to make an anime themselves.

That really irritates me. Alot of hard work goes into making an anime and just because it didnt go the way they wanted it to they say its crap. Thats complete bs.

General
Unsubdued
Nuclear
Drive
Assault
Module
Kavik Ryx

Talk about immature. Sure, Code Geass didn't quite go how I would have ideally wanted it. But I'm not complaining, I loved it too much. The same goes for Macross F. If anything, between Frontier and 7, all I was able to figure out about Shoji Kawamori is that he has a good sense of irony.
GN-003 Kyrios

Kavik Ryx wrote:Talk about immature. Sure, Code Geass didn't quite go how I would have ideally wanted it. But I'm not complaining, I loved it too much. The same goes for Macross F. If anything, between Frontier and 7, all I was able to figure out about Shoji Kawamori is that he has a good sense of irony.
I agree. I really enjoyed Macross F and Code Geass as well. I'm with you. They didnt go the way I wanted them to but I still enjoyed them.

General
Unsubdued
Nuclear
Drive
Assault
Module
animalia

AmuroNT1 wrote:And I didn't cry at Turn 25 during the podcast...but I'll admit, I did when I first watched it. It was a very well-done sequence IMO, with the direction and the music all coming together nicely. Heck, it was about a week before I could actually listen to "Madder Sky" (the song that plays when "Zero" confronts Lelouch) or "Continued Story" (the song that plays over the epilogue) without choking up.
I cried at the end of the episode of well, as well as during the podcast. Not to mention just thinking about it while typing this post. I could not say personally that this is a happy ending for Lelouch so much as a bittersweet one at best.

people talk about the ultimate sacrifice being to give your life, but Lelouch gave so much more then that...

He also gave up any respect held for him or his actions by all but 4 people