Chapter 12: Repair and Recovery (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Kylern

-Natalia-

"I'm sure it does." She remarked finding this girl kind of boring. The elf eared thing just sat there quietly and then she looked over at Kylern who had finally waken up enough to eat.

"Well its nice to meet you and all but I've got to get going." She excused herself and walked away from the table leaving her partner and his new little friend sitting there.

-Kylern-

"You know she ain't so bad when she's not trying to kill you." He whispered in order to not be heard by anyone but Rena and then grinned. He still looked slightly washed out but he was eating which was an improvement.

"So what are your plans for today?" He asked rolling his shoulders and realizing how hard it was. His whole body creaked and popped as he tried to move.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Nero

-Rena-

She giggled at Kylern's remark about Natalia. Then he asked what she was going to do for today. "Well, figured i'd just go find a quiet place to relax after i get some practice in that simulation hangar you mentioned." She said before pulling out two juices, one for her, and one for Kylern.

"Here." She said to alert him to the juice she sent in his direction.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Kylern

Clumsily he caught the juice and it fumbled a little before he could set it down. Kylern had to clench his hand a bit before he could hold this container like a normal person. "Simulators are always fun." Finally he was able to drink it as well as finish his food.

Once it was done he leaned back and gave a soft, contained, burp that he hoped she didn't hear. He was raised to be polite and sometimes things slipped. "If you want a quiet place you can try the abandoned part of the base. During Fandom's last major attack a portion of the island was turned to rubble. Thats the perfect place if you want to be alone or have a non-sanctioned battle." And of course his TEMJIN was out there too after Natalia ruined it. Kylern really wanted to get it and bring it back because he did love the unit. Maybe he could talk someone into going out and bringing it back for him.
Nero

-Rena-

She held in a giggle at his attempt to hold the juice, which unfourtunately came out when she heard his burp.

"Well, I'll just go there since I bet the sim-hangar is likely being used. Mind showing me the way?" Rena asked.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Kylern

"Sure I guess... Have to borrow a vehicle since I don't wanna walk again." He stretched a bit and then stood up. He grabbed his tray and hers as well as the trash and went to dispose of it in the right recycling bins (i'm assuming Bian might be eco-friendly).

"Allons y" He led the way of course as they headed for the hangar exit so he could borrow a jeep. Then they could head out for the devestated area. He wanted to show her what battles did in hopes of extengishing that war-like spirit she seemed to have contracted during the meeting with Bian. She didn't seem like the type cut out for this sort of thing and he hoped to show her what fighting caused even if you believed what you were doing was right.
Nero

-Rena-

She saw the devastation caused by the attack on the island and was outright horrified at the sight. However, Rena took note of a mech that looked like a Mobile Suit, though the head was different.

"Um... What is that? Is it a Gundam?" She asked, while still looking in it's direction
Kylern

(moving just a tad ahead of me...)

They had gotten into a jeep and left the hangar where the Astelion, GN Flag, Huckebien, and Wing Gundam were located. Good thing Kylern had a license from home as they hit the road and headed for the still bombed out area of the base where he had fought with the Legend gundam. DC repair teams hadn't been able to touch this place much since other areas needed work first so it stood as a reminder of their vunerability on this island.

Rena then pointed out the Virtualoid laying on the ground with beam score marks in the white armor. Its wings had also been destroyed and it looked like a miserable reminder to Kylern. "That was my friend that crossed over with me. Its the VR-747a7 White Knight. Its a TEMJIN unit from a game back home called Virtual On."

He stopped the jeep and stared at it. Nobody had picked it up and repaired it which depressed him. It was his unit that had protected him despite his abuse of it in battle.
Nero

(Yeah... sorry)
-Rena-

She listened to Kylern's explanation of the machine. She seemed rather depressed that nobody would come and fix it. "Can we go back to the hangar?"Rena asked before adding, "I believe the good doctor still owes me a favor." that last comment formed a sly grin on her face.
Kylern

Kylern already knew what she was thinking. "He's not the guy to ask for that. He specializes in smaller things and people not giant robots." He went ahead and stomped on that idea and pointed around them.

"He ain't the only thing ruined around here. Nobody has touched this area so picking up one mech probably wasn't on people's list of things to do." There were several lions laying around and other pieces of units. "I just need to get a transport crew out here to pick it up. The thing is now that I'm apart of the TD program and pilot of the Astelion nobody probably thinks this thing is important anymore."

Jumping out of the roofless jeep Kylern made his way over to some rubble and started to look around. "In some anime's you can find a flower growing underneath the debris of conflict. I wonder if the rules of this world work similar." And of course he actually started to hunt for the last flower of the battleground.
Omega

-Lyon-

Lyon was still waiting on the pilot of the Akatsuki to respond when Luna's voice came over the COM. "Return to the bridge, Lyon." She did as ordered and made her way to the bridge.

-Excalibur Bridge-

"Open a channel to the new machine in the hangar." Luna ordered and soon the pilot's face was on the monitor. "Would you mind coming to the bridge? I'd rather you be up here until we meet your friends, If that's all right." She asked the pilot as Lyon entered the bridge. "If you'd rather stay in your machine, just say so." Luna then ordered the crew to begin launch preparations while she waited for a response.
Nero

-Rena-

She climbed out of the jeep and followed Kylern. "If it's important to you, then i'll bring my gundam and retrieve it." She offered with a somewhat saddened look on her face due to the devastation around them. She looked toward the ground near the TEMJIN and saw something unexpected, a flower. "Is that what you're looking for?" She pointed the flower out.
Kylern

He clapped his hands together with a laugh. "Exactly!" He ran over to the flower and grinned. "Then world is so cliche you know. There's the two factions Earth and space fighting, theres the neutral group everyone hates. We have a main bad guy in a newtype unit. And now flowers growing on the battlefield. Next is probably the death of twins at each other's hands, or someone trying to drop a space colony on Earth."

Yeah none of those were good but he laughed anyways. "You know where I'm from giant mechs don't exist outside entertainment and the world doesn't exist as one nation. Hell we don't even have space colonies, just a sorry floating space station that breaks down three times a year." He was walking over towards the jeep and kicked the tire as hard as he could. Then jumping into it he started it up.

"Nobody is going to believe any of this when I finally get back. That is if I haven't been killed by then."
SNT1

--Taylor--

"Oh?" Taylor responds, seemingly forgetting to respond to the other pilot. Too much thinking about the new assgnment.

She comes out of the mobile unit and walks towards the bridge, following Lyon.

"Commander Ramius," Taylor greets with a salute.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Nero

-Rena-

I'll come back later and recover it. Rena decided as she went back towards the jeep and climbed in next to Kylern. Your friend may be reborn... She thought as she buckled up.
Omega

-Excalibur-

"The launch preparations are complete." a crewman said. Soon after Lyon returned, The guest showed up and greeted her with a salute. "Delay that order." The com officer stopped before the view of an empty cockpit came up. Good, now we'll leave. Luna returned the salute before replying. "Thank you for coming, Ma'am." She pointed out a seat for Taylor to use before turning to the bridge crew. "All right, Excalibur launch!" Luna ordered. Soon the ship departed the base and moved on a direct course for Wake Island. "Once our destination is in sight, bring the ship to a halt. We'll observe the island for a while."
Wingnut

((I'm sorry, Hellbore, but in order for this to not take forever I need to barrow you for a moment.))

- Wingnut and Hellbore -

It was a quiet walk to the Commander's office for the two of them, but they finally arrived and after a moment were let in.

"Wingnut, along with Hellbore, reporting as ordered."

"I take it he wants to join you then?" Bian replied.

"Yes, I do. I feel I can be of more use by going into space rather than staying on Earth with the others." Hellbore said.

"Very well then. However I am disappointed by what happened in Hong Kong before the Federation attacked." Bian said referring to the theft of the Wing Zero.

"It seems that we came across a rather unique person who tried to steal it from us." Wingnut replied as he placed his own report on Xiu on Bian's desk. "I've also installed more security measures in the suit itself so that only I can activate the machine."

"In any case, there's an HLV waiting for you two on the south end of the island. Report there immediately with your Gundams and prepare for launch." Bian ordered.

"Yes, sir." they both said as they saluted and left the room.

Wingnut let out a sigh as the started walking back down the hall to the hanger. "I was hoping that he wouldn't make a big deal out of it. I mean we did get it back after all without much damage to the city, and the Federation ended up doing far worse."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai/Valhalla Crew

The man in the mask answered Jacob's question rather wryly.

"Seems like Kitty and Michael match a little too well."

He followed this with a good natured chuckle which echoed slightly behind the mask. Sylvia couldn't help but giggle as well Altair ignored this completely.

Wan Fey Lo

Wan's transport was the first to land and the KMFs were quickly offloaded. After one final round of checks, the machines lined up at the ready for the approaching "Gundam team"

Tallis Stenner

Sara's Explanation certainly helped.

"thanks Sara that helps a lot."
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Mao's Destiny Rouge landed after the Falkens disengaged their extra fuel tanks and hit the runway themselves. All the machines where in top shape and were ready for the upcoming battle.
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Wingnut

((This will leave just SNT1's Maria and her Legend along with Hellbore's metal armors and Omega's DSK to arrive.))

- Red Eagle -

The transport aircraft carrying the Red Eagle and his Tallgeese, along with the rest of the space taken by GOUF mobile suits, soon landed themselves on Wake Island's main runway and taxied off to the nearby hanger to unload their contents.

Now we just have to wait for the Gundam Team to come calling on us.
Last edited by Wingnut on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
SNT1

--Maria--

"Okay," Maria calls out as her anti-Gundam Gundam enters one of the ships en route to the Isle. She boards and sits there quietly, in the cockpit. She has a few things to think about, such as whether the enemy will take bait, or the chances of them becoming more successful after losing horribly at Aidoneus with Federation help.

*boards one of the ships, don't care which :P *
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/