The Official Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Type 10

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Genocide

jam! wrote:Anyone else found it funny that Graham's Ahead could take a direct hit from 00's beam rifle while it was in Trans-AM?
I mean, we've seen that beam rifle take out a "standard" Ahead in episode 2 even when it wasn't in Trans-Am?

Plot hole?
Anti-beam coating, possibly. If it were just an error or plot hole, it wouldn't be the first time we see inconsistencies between damage taken by mobile suits (and I don't mean just the other AU shows either).
Aegis

Maybe it wasn't even a direct hit (despite what the angle shows), given that more or less everything else was intact but that burning hole there. It still had its drive intact. All things considering, if you see it as an inconsistency, it's a minor one anyways.
EinhanderAstraeaMk.I

All images courtesy of Homeless (maybe with the exception of the Gadessa pic; just saw the same one posted by Wingnut in the Anime/Manga section):

...The good*, the bad**, and the ugly***...

And MODEL NUMBERS!!! (among other things)

*Good as in Better Lineart for a newly revealed unit.
**Bad as in bad guy side
***Ugly as in... Ugh...
Last edited by EinhanderAstraeaMk.I on Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
The source of my Gundam 00 information and ideas? Here.
My Innovator names: Eternal Eternity, Stupid Vexation, and Pilot Rival.
Wingnut

EinhanderAstraeaMk.I wrote:ugly***...
The 1980s Houston Astros uniform look is just as nasty now as it was then, and the location of that one machine gun doesn't help much either.

It also seems that there was more to the Trilobyte than what we saw before it was blown away. Maybe we'll see more later in the show make use of this ability, whatever it is.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
EinhanderAstraeaMk.I

I personally think that the ugly Varations "Rail" Tieren is a poor/early attempt at an Elevator Guard (what else has tracks that run vertically?)... And I'm not going to say was I think /m/ will say.

As for the Gadessa's new weapon, it looks to be a cross between Seravee's GN Rifles (the three barrel shapes) and a GN-XIII Lance (three small barrels for millatreuse? style firing)... And I wonder; is that a would-be rotating GN Condenser on it as well (too similar to the revolving barrels of the Atmospheric Carrier guns and the Virtue's Bazooka; making it yet another BFG)?
Last edited by EinhanderAstraeaMk.I on Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
SNT1

That Tieren looks like a grotesque bastard robot that may very well pass as a Metal Slug boss.

And that's a merit in my book ♥
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Wingnut

EinhanderAstraeaMk.I wrote:I personally think that the ugly Varations "Rail" Tieren is a poor/early attempt at an Elevator Guard (what else has tracks that run vertically?)...
And no feet either. I suppose it's possible.

Looks like the light purple haired one pilots the Gadessa.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

an interesting design but the crotch gun? Seriously? No innuendo there..... anyway, what kind of rifle is that? it looks kind alike it'd be a GN weapon but there's no mention of a GN anything that I saw in the little blurb about it (meaning I didn't see the letters GN in it, no clue what the rest said)
Wingnut

CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST wrote:an interesting design but the crotch gun? Seriously? No innuendo there..... anyway, what kind of rifle is that? it looks kind alike it'd be a GN weapon but there's no mention of a GN anything that I saw in the little blurb about it (meaning I didn't see the letters GN in it, no clue what the rest said)
Going by the DATA box, I think it's the same 30mm machine gun we've seen on some of the other Tieren types. The crotch gun seems to be an anti-personnel weapon.

Also ED = Elevator Defense?
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Gelmax

Could Arche have a core fighter, or possibly even be transformable? The upper torso is ridiculously bare even by Throne standards - it's literally just the drive and main condenser, with the chest point-and-vents assembly slapped on to give the head something to attach to. Despite appearances, the shoulders aren't even connected to that - they go through it, but connect directly to the drive/condenser assembly (look at the back view). The thing on its back looks really suggestive as well. If you ignore everything below the cockpit, the design screams "I TRANSFORM INTO A PLANE" louder than any MS design I've ever seen.
EinhanderAstraeaMk.I

I find that naming the A-LAWS floating carrier "Ground Carrier" seems a bit misleading. At the very least, I would've thought "Atmospheric Carrier", since it floats, not scales/treads/hovercrafts near/on the ground.
Areku

Gelmax wrote:If you ignore everything below the cockpit, the design screams "I TRANSFORM INTO A PLANE" louder than any MS design I've ever seen.
Oh Really??? But yes, I also think it will transform. As has been pointed out before, Arche looks like a lanky Drei-colored Zwei with some Eins Turbulenz equipment (if you squint).
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

is it just me or does the core part of the gadessa's gun look like it's one of the cannons off of the GN Arms?
Xanadu

Gelmax wrote:Could Arche have a core fighter, or possibly even be transformable? The upper torso is ridiculously bare even by Throne standards - it's literally just the drive and main condenser, with the chest point-and-vents assembly slapped on to give the head something to attach to. Despite appearances, the shoulders aren't even connected to that - they go through it, but connect directly to the drive/condenser assembly (look at the back view). The thing on its back looks really suggestive as well. If you ignore everything below the cockpit, the design screams "I TRANSFORM INTO A PLANE" louder than any MS design I've ever seen.
I think it might get some kind of add on wing set later.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3077/229 ... ce64_b.jpg
The wings on Turblenez(which is kinda close in design to Arche) are some sorta add-on backpack according to this...the same kind of thing might happen to Arche

In an unrelated note, here's hoping Rivalz get's a revived version of Alvaaron
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
EinhanderAstraeaMk.I

Homeless from another forum wrote:*Blink* The forearm weapon is a GN submachine gun?
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5803/005oe1.jpg

(In reference to Mister Bushido's Ahead)http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/8033/006pa1.jpg

The bumps on the thrusters are actually "GN Short Beam Cannons", or something.
Don't know if posting heads and parts will make much of a difference; but there it is for those that like to add the little footnote details to the mecha description.
Aegis

EinhanderAstraeaMk.I wrote:and the ugly***...
You know, after staring at the BESPA mobile suits from Victory, and nearly puking my brains out over the CE designs, especially the Destiny ones, this Tieren comes across as sexy to me. :P
Red XIV

I'd love to know what all this text says. Since nobody has mentioned it yet, does the bit about Nena's ship (I get "Riian" from Google Translator and Babelfish, for what little it's worth) say anything to hint that it might be more than just a shuttle/scout craft (ie core fighter for a new Throne)?

And who came up with calling a flying carrier a "ground battleship"? :lol:
"I think most of us were lead astray via the Hazel family tree that hinted the TR-6 came from the Hazels...when in fact it's an amalgam of all TTT mecha...and a rabbit." - Deus EpS Machina
Areku

Red XIV wrote:And who came up with calling a flying carrier a "ground battleship"? :lol:
I'm sure it's called a "ground battleship" opposed to a "space battleship" or a "wet battleship". The GB can actually travel over the ground while within atmosphere, instead of being limited to water or vacuum, hence "ground". It's still weird, though.
radioactive28

GNR-000, GNR-001, GNR-010, GNR-101
Sounds like they're going for binary numbering :lol:
Until other units are revealed anyway.

About the O-Raizer,I wonder how it's going to be useful for 00. It's like the huge Buster Sword, not going to see much action unless it can be more actively and flexibly swung around.
I can't see the pair just rushing straight for a mothership to stick the blades into, given the size. And I certainly hope it's not going to lower itself to do a 'whirlwind-blade' cutting action.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4771/nggko4.jpg
Another thing - the GN Archer at the bottom corner. Details.
Looks like there's a lot more to it than just an attachment. Heck, it looks like a whole body with legs and shoulders.
The skirt armor-like end of the O-Raizer is starting to look more purposeful.

Think there's really more to gattai than just mere support vehicles.
azrael

Red XIV wrote:I'd love to know what all this text says. Since nobody has mentioned it yet, does the bit about Nena's ship (I get "Riian" from Google Translator and Babelfish, for what little it's worth) say anything to hint that it might be more than just a shuttle/scout craft (ie core fighter for a new Throne)?
I still say Drei is in that thing.