Chapter 12/13/14: Return of the DC (Space)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

Chapter 12/13/14: Return of the DC (Space)

- DC Flagship, Albatross class Macht -

It had taken some time to gather the scattered forces of the DC space fleet from their respective corners of the Earth Sphere. Corners that were no longer safe for them to operate alone in given the more widespread deployment of Fandom mobile doll system equipped units on long range distant patrols and the increase in overall pirate activity.

Fortunately, the DC headquarters in space remained hidden from all the eyes that would be unfriendly to them, even from those of Melodius Greye's mysterious master. It was there that the Redemption had been sent via its fold drive to be refitted to accommodate armored modules as well as other types of mobile weapons besides variable fighters, not to mention to give DC scientists the opportunity to study the technology that the ship contained such as the fold drive, the pinpoint barrier system, and the fighters that managed to survive to this point.

The Macht was now waiting for the return of the Salvation along with several Peregrine class ships at the designated point where she would de-fold after she finished her recon mission of the Nighthaven Station. Once the Salvation had joined the rest of the fleet, it would make its way toward Earth and then onward to the L1 region where they would begin a new campaign against the Fandom and any others who joined in to oppose them.
Last edited by Wingnut on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kylern

-Salvation-

Everything had gone according to plan and they had recorded detail on all ships within the Nighthaven Station as well as relative strength. There had been no incident and the enemy forces hadn't discovered that they were being spied on at all.

"Alright guys lets get the hell out of here and head towards the meeting point." The Captain gave the orders and the crew obliged. The fold engine activated and the ship vanished from the point and headed towards the designated point to meet up with the other DC ships. Even though they were independent forces the fact this was an actual mission they were all ready to join the strike force.

-DC Fleet-

The Salvation finally re-entered normal space near the rest of the fleet. The Captain opened communications with the Admiral in charge of the strike force. "Wolf Dragoons at your service. We are sending all data collected at Nighthaven now." All data was then transmitted on orders.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Heretic

Wake up, eat breakfast, shower, Scavenge debris field. The same rhythm every day, not much else to do. Was she lonely? Hell yes, but it was better than taking the risk. Mai liked people, but it seemed she always ended up hurt whenever she got involved with anyone. So she lived alone, talking to machines as she pulled them from the void and did what she could to repair them.

Today was not much different from any other day, wake up, eat breakfast, shower, scavenge debris field. This was a fresh one, with metal still glowing hot on some of the debris. She was the first salvage operator to arrive, that meant she had first pick of the best parts. Her ship, the Cicada, was running active sensor sweeps, plenty of scrap metal, not worth much. Burnt out spaceship hulls, all too large for her to salvage with the Cicada and she didn’t have the equipment necessary to cut her way through spaceship grade armour to any equipment that might have survived the ship’s death. She’d leave them to the bigger ships and bigger crews, chances were they’d pay her back the favour later.

That was the wave of salvage op. Everyone was a loner for their own reasons, nobody really asked anything of others unless they were in trouble, and at the same time, everyone did favours for everyone else without expecting anything in return. It had become a kind of unwritten code and it seemed to work well enough.

A blip on her sensor screen caught her attention. It looked like a blob of something, more hull fragments? She narrowed the scanning beam on it and the object resolved into a human form, only that it was nearly twenty meters tall. Mai jumped and inadvertently sent herself drifting headfirst into a bulkhead, throwing her hands up just in time to fend off the impact and send herself back down to her piloting seat.

A whole Mobile Suit, the Federation paid good money for recovered MS. Mai set the Cicada’s auto-nav for the MS to get a closer look.

Getting the Jegan into her Hold was kind of difficult, it only just fit through the doors at its shoulders. With the Jegan inside and the doors closed, hold re-pressurized, and after securing it on its back there was little more than a meter of clearance between the machine’s chest and the top bulkhead of the hanger. It was cramped but Mai was used to it.

The first order of business was to check the cockpit, dead bodies were part of salvage, and Mai knew the Federation repaid respect shown for their dead. The hatch looked as though it had be dented by a concussive explosion, with some help from a set of powered arm manipulators Mai had picked up to help with the heavy work, she pried the hatch open. It gave way with a wrenching snap. Orbs of blood drifted up from inside.

Mai kicked away from the arm controls and sailed to the open cockpit. The pilot was in a normal suit, pined to the seat by a piece of the cockpit’s framework. The metal bar went through the pilot’s suit, the blood in the cockpit had came from this wound before the suit’s automatic resealing system closed the breach. Mai clambered inside to see if she could remove the body. Placing her hand on the jagged edge of the bar to see if she could pull it loose. She gave one good tug and the bar seemed to shift slightly, but she stopped when she heard a muffled moan.

She let go of the bar, startled. Then she opened the pilot’s helmet, his face was sickly pail, but he was breathing. What to do, if she pulled the pipe out, he could bleed to death before she could get him to her Auto-medic. Mai would have to leave the bar in the man’s body. “Hold on, just let me get some tools!” She clambered back out of the cockpit and to her tools. She returned a moment later with a power cutter and set to work.

With the pilot extracted and lying down on the auto-medic’s bed, the machine started with treatment. He was still unconscious, and the auto-medic’s prognosis was grim. It was capable of removing the remaining pieces of the bar and stopping most of the bleeding, but the man would need more complex surgery to repair damaged organs. Mai had no medical knowledge at all, so now, she’d have to call for help.

Leaving the Auto-medic its continued administrations, Mai went to the Cicada’s cockpit and opened her communications array. “This is Salvage Ship Cicada to any receiving ship, require medical assistance ASAP.” She followed with her exact location. There were no ships that she could detect, meaning she couldn’t set a course without running the risk of heading away from help. Until someone responded, she’d have to stay put.

With the message sent, she needed something to do. Unwilling to hold a vigil over her wounded guest, She went back to the Cicada’s hold, and went to work repairing the damage done to the Jegan.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Strike Zero

- Fandom mobile stealth-cruiser Andromeda -

Zephyr strode out onto the Andromeda's bridge, his long gray cloak flowing behind him. "You have something for me?"

The communication officer turned as Zephyr approached. "We are receiving a distress call from a civilian vessel. I'll play it for you now."

The voice of a young female came through bridge speakers. “This is Salvage Ship Cicada to any receiving ship, require medical assistance ASAP.”

Normally, he wouldn't have bothered to respond to such a thing. He was usually far too busy or simply uninterested. However, this time was different. There were no projects to keep him occupied, and Kayla Ryder's first sortie wasn't to start for quite some time. That aside, this particular distress call was coming from a debris field that was very, very nearby, and Zephyr found himself to be in an unusually charitable mood.

After a few moments of silence, Zephyr said, "Respond. Tell them that we will provide assistance, then set a course for their location."

The communication's officer nodded. "Very well, sir." He locked on to the Cicada's COM frequency and began transmitting a return message. "This is the Fandom mobile warship Andromeda. We have received your location and will arrive shortly. ETA seventeen minutes. Standby."

Thanks to the Andromeda's exceptional speed, the trip away from Earth orbit wouldn't take very long at all. The ship fired its engines and broke free from the Earth's orbit, making a direct course for the salvage ship.

Nobody would have noticed, of course, even if they were nearby. The ship's active camouflage would have seen to that.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Kylern

-Salvation Bridge-

The message came through that there was a civilian needing medical attention not to far away from the location of the DC fleet that was gathering. The Captain looked over the details and knew that his ship could reach the person quickly but orders were to remain here and wait for new orders. Kind of a sticky situation even for the Wolf's but an idea was formulated.

"I want Ryder's Messiah ready to launch and fold onto the situation to find out whats going on. Odds are someone else has gotten the message to but I would personally sleep better at night knowing we made sure they were alright." The orders were given over comm to Kyle who was down in the hangar bay checking over their equipment and making sure the new beam carbine gunpods were mounted on the VF-11Gs.

Once he was given the order it was quick to suit up in his pitch black flight suit and EX-Gear. Next was his VF-25S and after checking the systems it was armed with the FA equipment and a fold booster. His machine was then taxied up out of the ship's hanger and then shot out from the linear catapult.

"Alpha Wolf shall return!" His call sign was Alpha Wolf within the squad and after giving his goodbye the Valk disappeared into Fold Space on his way to the coordinates sent out by the scrapper. It would only be a matter of 10-20 minutes before he reappeared near the debris. Sensors went up and he started to search for the signal in order to find this person. He also gave off his own message in hopes of getting a call back unknowing that there was something else coming...

"This is Lt.Commander Ryder of the Wolf's Dragoon. I'm here to help if you give me a signal of where you are." Hopefully the person responded to the black and gold fighter moving towards the debris field.
Heretic

Mai had managed to reactivate the Jegan’s main computer, most of the damage was superficial, only the blow to the cockpit hatch that had impaled the pilot and knocked out the computer was serious. With the computer reactivated, she could see that the Jegan’s thrusters still checked out.

The first response to her distress call was received less than enthusiastically, after all, a Fandom Warship coming to the rescue of a Federation pilot was not the best possible outcome. However, she figured being a POW was better than being dead. Then the second reply to her call came in, and apprehension became dread.

Wolf Dragoons? Who were they? Mai hadn’t followed much of the war’s progress and had no idea who these Wolf Dragoons were. But the fact that they had replied separately suggested that they weren’t allies of the Fandom. Which meant Mai was likely to end up in the middle of two opposing forces. Setting her Com array to a narrow band so the Fandom wouldn’t pick up the signal, she relayed another message to this Ryder person, “This is Cicada,” she caught herself whispering in to her mike and spoke up, “Wounded man is a Federation pilot, but a Fandom warship is already headed this way, I recommend hanging back. I know that means handing the Federation pilot over as a POW but it’s better than risking a battle.” She cut her mike and said only to herself, “Please don’t think of me as a coward, I’m just not cut out for that kind of thing.”

The Fandom Ship would arrive soon, and something told Mai to be cautious about this situation. She took the time to suit up in her Salvage Op suit. It was sort of a mish mash of assorted commercial suits, body that of a gray space construction workers suit, arms and gloves custom made for better dexterity, Legs and boots were from a heaver lunar surface suit, all toped off with a bubble helmet that she held in her hands rather than putting it on. It was one thing to be prepared, another to risk giving the wrong impression.

In her suit, she waited in the Cicada’s cockpit for the Fandom to arrive.
Strike Zero

- Zephyr -

"Civilian transport in sight." the navigation officer announced. Indeed, the tiny salvage craft had appeared in the bridge's forward window, growing larger and closer with each passing second. Surrounding the ship were several carcasses of warships, most of them belonging to the Federation Zephyr noted with some satisfaction. The ship's pilot was taking extra care not to bump into any of them lest they give away their position.

"Bring the ship to a stop," Zephyr said, "and deactivate the active camouflage."

"Aye, sir," the system's officer, a young female, replied.

The seconds ticked by as the Andromeda drew within range. However, before they arrived, a strange sensation began tugging at the back of Zephyr's mind. He turned and stared out into the star-dotted blackness of space.

"All ahead stop. Thrusters engaged. Deactivating cloaking system now--"

"Belay that," Zephyr barked, casting his arm in a slashing motion.

The operator jerked her hands form the controls as if she'd been electrocuted. "Sir?"

"The active camouflage system will remain online," he ordered striding to the helm of the bridge. "Move the ship along heading zero-five-three and prime the weapon systems."

"Sir, there aren't any Federation forces in the area," the navigation officer replied nervously.

"With any luck, we shall be removed from this area before that has the chance to change. In the meantime, ready a transport shuttle and medical team to rendezvous with the civilian transport."

"Aye, sir!"

Zephyr turned with a flourish of his cloak and strode out the bridge door, making headway for the ship's hanger bay.

This is looking to be a lot more trouble than I would have hoped...

-----------------------------

Outside, a tiny shuttle craft took off from the Andromeda's ventral hanger bay. It circled around the hull of a derelict ship and came to within the Cicada's point of view. Its pilot established communication with the salvage ship.

"Attention civilian transport, this is shuttle E-71 of the Andromeda. We have brought the medical personnel you requested. Make ready to receive us, over."
Heretic

That was a short-range shuttle, yet the warship was nowhere in sight and the Cicada’s sensors could see nothing. Mai’s unease was getting higher. The Cicada was a marked and licensed neutral ship, Mai had declared a medical emergency and warned away this Ryder person, there should be no need to hide, yet they were. It was all enough to make Mai extra cautious.

And it was then that the chose to form a plan. She sent a reply to the shuttle, “Um, just give me some time to ready the airlock, I’ll be right with you.” Oh please don’t notice how uncertain I sound. She went straight away to the small room where her Auto-Medic and the injured pilot resided. Franticly she gathered up the scraps of the pilot’s normal suit, pausing only long enough to read the name printed on the suit’s chest, Henry Goffreed. Then stuffed them into a waste hatch. Jettisoning it right now would be noticed, so she snapped the hatch shut but didn’t cycle it.

Then she made her way back to the airlock and signalled all clear for docking. Once the shuttle was attached and all indicators showed green, she cycled the door open and faced whoever came through first with her best innocent smile.
Kylern

Kyle got the message and started to move when something struck him. There was someone trying to sense him... Quickly Ryder shut his mind off and switched the Active Stealth system for the VF-25S on and moved behind a large piece of debris out of sight as well.

"Someone's out there... The warships not on visuals but I'm detecting energy readings out there." The large sensor array on the back of the FA equipment was picking up something but due to interference and the use of stealth technology he couldn't get a good reading. Instead he waited and kept track of the young scrapper who was seemingly nervous. He was took but he kept a radio link with her in order to make sure this went well. Someone important was out there and the fact he was getting a really familiar yet dreadful vibe was keeping him on edge.

"I'm within range of you, just so you know your not alone out here. If the Fandom tries anything funny I'll be on their ass as fast as possible. So relax and make no mention of me behind here. Someone out there is trying to be sneaky which is unwarranted in a rescue mission. Something could happen but don't worry since I'm one of the best at what I do." The Messiah was in battleroid mode with its quantum beam gunpod at ready for a fight should it happened. His first priorty was the girls safety and his second was the injured Federation soldier. Hopefully Fandom would just pick him up and leave without incident. But something kept bothering him... Who was it that had detected him? Only high ranking Fandom officers tended to be Newtypes meaning it was probably a DSK out there. Right now Ryder began to run through many wavelength sensors the DC had designed for detecting Mirage Colloid and other stealth particles in hopes of pin-pointing the enemy vessel.
Strike Zero

- Shuttle E-71 -

The transport approached the side Cicada's hull and prepared to form a hard-link docking connection with the craft.

"Steady...steady..." Its pilot chanted as they inched their way closer. The ship jerked slightly and a series of metallic grinding noises could be heard through the ship. "Docking complete."

The hatches separating the ships slid open as the medical team--threemedical officers followed by a corporal armed with a single pistol--drifted out the transport and into the Cicada's airlock where a young woman was there to greet them.

"Greetings, ma'am," said the doctor at the head of the group, a man who went by the name of Richard Bruner. "You have injured?"

He couldn't help but notice that the smile the girl was wearing seemed to be a tad strained. Understandable, as having to deal with Fandom personnel would most likely make any person nervous if they were from Earth. It bothered Richard at times, but hey, that was war.

------------------------
- Zephyr -

All was quiet. There was no sign of the Federation, no targets in sight. There should have been no reason to worry at all.

But Zephyr knew better. There was somebody here... if only he could find where. Somebody with the same awareness as him. No doubt, he had caught a hint of Zephyr's presence as well. Strangely enough... Zephyr could detect something familiar about this other, as if it were somebody he had come into contact with previously in the past.

In fact... it was a feeling nearly identical to the one when he would receive around her.

"Who are you, I wonder...?" Zephyr breathed.

The fate of the civilian transport had become of no concern to him at this point. He had instead managed to find something much more interesting by coming here...
Heretic

Mai half bowed to the doctor, “Welcome, this way please.” She lead them through the Cicada’s small and cluttered habitat deck into the med cabin, just as the crossed the threshold into the room, a voice startled her, "I'm within range of you, just so you know your not alone out here.” luckily the voice of Ryder came through on her Suit’s headset rather than broadcast through the Cicada for all to hear, plus Mai was facing away from the doctor and his team so they couldn’t see the shock on her face. “If the Fandom tries anything funny I'll be on their ass as fast as possible. So relax and make no mention of me behind here. Someone out there is trying to be sneaky which is unwarranted in a rescue mission. Something could happen but don't worry since I'm one of the best at what I do."

Mai walked into the room and stood beside the wounded pilot, who, being dressed in nothing but a pair of hospital pants provided by the Auto-Medic, had nothing to signify that he was Federation. Think fast Mai, she had to give them a reasonable explanation for who the man was, He couldn’t be a relative, not with his clearly Northern European features, such as his square jaw, high cheek bones and short cropped blond hair. There was just no way anyone would believe he was related to Mai, with her clearly mixed heritage with her round face, tanned skin, long straight brown hair that was presently dyed a cherry red and slightly Asian cast to her eyes. Mai settled on her cover story, “This is my partner, Henry. There was an accident while we were trying to recover some salvage; you know how dangerous Salvage Op can be.”

Oh god, don’t catch my lie. If they realize that I have the only spacesuit on the Cicada, that there’s only one occupied sleeping cabin, if they searched around and found both the Federation Jegan and the pilot’s Normal Suit I tried to hide, I could loose more than my salvage license or my ship…
Kylern

Kyle remained silent after that as he continued to moniter the sensors. There was obviously something out there but it didn't seem to be using any normal stealth technology that he was familiar with. If it had been Mirage then he would have picked up stray traces that radiated into space from the condensed blanket that formed around the object. Might have been a light refracting type... the kind that relied on optics instead of particles. If this was the case then he should pick up an energy signature which might be what he was picking up before.

"Think Ryder think... If this ship uses anti-electronic sensor type stealth like my unit then it might be impossible to find it by normal means. If I had an electromagnetic wave visuals this would be easy..." But of course the VF-25 didn't have that sort of equipment since it wasn't a dedicated Weasel unit. Instead he took comfort in knowing that the energy wasn't being given off from any nearby source but knew that it might still be in gun range. If he gave himself away he would be putting the girl in jeopardy should the enemy warship fire on him.

It was time to work with the only thing he had. Carefully he reached out like a worm trying to find this guy through his newtype powers. He felt this need to know who this guy was... Something bothered him badly and it was why the mind seemed to know him. Kyle was careful to close any backdoors in his mind in order to prevent a counter invasion by this other fellow. His foe couldn't even be allowed to know Kyle's identity at all... That meant his foe would have gotten to far.
Strike Zero

Richard examined the damage to the man's abdomen. The girl's Auto-Medic had done a decent job up till this point, but it was apparent that the poor fellow was going to need extensive surgery if he was going to have any chance of making it.

Leaning closer, he studied the wound more carefully and frowned. It appeared as though something rather large had pierced its way into this man's side then been removed. It was true that salvaging was a dangerous business, but Richard had never encountered anybody who had received such an injury from performing it before.

"We'll have to take him back to the Andromeda. He needs to be put into surgery ASAP," Richard said. He and the other medics quickly began preparations to move him off the ship. The corporal, meanwhile, after taking a quick glance around, readied a special tight-beam transceiver to report back to Commander Zephyr.

--------------------------

Zephyr sat in the dark of the cockpit of his mobile weapon, carefully waiting to see if he could detect any sort of response from the other who was here. At that moment, the terminal in front of him indicated a transmission coming from the medical team. The voice of the young corporal came through.

"Reporting as ordered," he announced.

"Go on," Zephyr replied.

"We have one wounded crewman. Male, seems to be between thirty and forty. The ship's pilot reports that that he's her partner and that he was injured while out salvaging old equipment."

Zephyr remained silent as he digested this information. The explination was reasonable enough. There shouldn't have been any reason to doubt it.

Yet, to Zephyr, something about this entire situation was off.

It had started when they had responded to the young woman's distress call. They'd made it clear that they were Fandom and that they were moving in to assist. Yet, there was somebody other than the Fandom here, most likely a member of the Federation. Obviously, they had picked up on her distress call as well and, being the noble Federal forces they were, immediately offered their assistance. But she had already accepted help from the Andromeda. Unless she was so far out of the loop that she didn't know the two factions were at war with each other... Why would she not warn the Federation away?

Zephyr quickly shuffled through the different possibilities. He would not have known the Federation was here if it were not for that special individual and his own Newtype prowess. Perhaps this was some sort of elaborate trap set up by the Federation themselves? Lure in a Fandom ship with a false distress signal and jump it when they moved to assist? Yet, the corporal had reported that there was indeed a wounded man onboard the ship.

Her partner, she says...

He recalled the tone of her voice he had heard in the message. People who worked together on ships tended to be together for long periods of time. They would be close to one another. If one were to be wounded, the other would be concerned. She had not sounded concerned.

What if this man was in fact not her "partner", as she claimed? The reason for not warning away the Federation... what if in fact he was...?

"I want you to commence a search of her ship," he ordered finally. "Run a sweep of the crew quarters and the storage bays, and report back to me anything unusual. Understood?"

"Yes, sir," came the corporal's reply, and then the line went dead.

Now we shall see...

-----------------

"Excuse me, ma'am?" the corporal said, approaching Mai. "I'm going to be running a quick search of the ship's cabin and storage unit. I do apologize if this inconveniences you, but it's my commanders orders."

He shrugged slightly. "You never can be too careful in times of war. I hope you don't mind?"

((OOC: I'll write up a response to your newtype wave thing when I have more time. Sorry.))
Heretic

“Oh, not at all,” Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap, oh crap…

Her lie was going to be found out, what was she going to do? Play along, and hope she could get herself out of this? What else could she do? “Where would you like to start?”
Strike Zero

"The crew quarters first, then the cargo bay," the corporal replied. "If you could show me the way..."

Mai could perhaps consider it a lucky break that the soldier did not think to look inside the waste disposal unit as he strode past it, albeit a short one.

--------------

This foe was powerful indeed. Zephyr could sense the other trying to use his newtype powers to reach into his mind. The Dark Star Knight's power and mind, however, were not of a normal nature, and could not be forced into so easily. The other would not be finding what he was after anytime soon.

Zephyr instead focused on the opportunity this move presented. He could use this stronger emission to locate its point of origin, and with it, the location of the other newtype.

Closing his eyes, he focused in on the encroacher. While he tried to pinpoint his location... he decided he might as well entertain his mental guest by making small-talk.

~It's not polite to intrude in the sanctity of another's mind~ Zephyr "said".

~Why... do you remind me of her?~
Heretic

Mai nodded and smiled. She led the Corporal to her living quarters. The room was a mess, cluttered with drifting stuff, discarded clothing, and a single sleeping alcove. At his obvious unspoken question she expanded on her lie, “We share this room, I uh…” She managed to make herself blush, “I know it seems odd for me to share a room with an older man, but you know how love can be in space, right? I didn’t want to say anything before because… I didn’t want you to judge me too harshly…” She put on her best sheepish and embarrassed face, fidgeting slightly.

“The hold is this way…” She suddenly said, kicking off a wall and sailing down the corridor leading to the Hold’s internal hatch. Now, she only had to make him buy another lie about the Federation Jegan in her hold and she’d be Scott free. She cycled the hatch open and lead the Corporal through…
Kylern

Kyle sat there as his mental foe started his own worming. It was like a game of psychic chess in which both opponents were trying to get inside the other and get the upper hand. But for every barricade this man put up to keep Ryder out was every barricade Kyle put up. Both were checking each other at every opprotunity and it was clear from the information his foe was trying to gain that this was a location finding attempt. Ryder knew that the second the enemy found him it would be his chance to find his opponent but did he want to risk that? He had to think of the girl who was in a dangerous position should this turn sour... He didn't want to be the cause for her death.

The the situation changed as the guy spoke to him. Ryder wasn't use to this form of communication... He had known others that took pride in it and liked to talk about telepathic speech but for him this was a strange feeling. And Ryder wasn't letting this guy get any information on him...

~"Its also not nice to intrude into civilian vessels with armed troops. The girl isn't Federation she's just a junker who stumbled onto this whole thing. Please leave her alone and take the injured man for treatment. I don't want to involve myself but if you hurt her I will show no mercy."~ Kyle gave off a very hostile presence to the man trying to chat with him. Though the comment about 'her' caused him to shiver slightly. Who was he talking about?
Strike Zero

The corporal nodded slowly, appearing to accept this explanation. He found it hard to believe that this young, beautiful woman would consent to bedding with a guy like that but, to each their own, he supposed.

He took a quick glance around before following Mai to the hanger. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, and there didn't seem to be anyplace she could hope to hide anything. All that was left was to check the hold.

As she led him down towards the cargo bay, he took a study of the young woman then glanced back down the way leading back to the med bay.

Lucky bastard...

---------------------------

~ I could care less about the fate of that woman. ~ Zephyr replied, which was the truth. Whether she lived or died in this ordeal was of no consequence to him. ~ You, on the other hand... are a much more interesting individual. I think I just might enjoy discovering your brand of 'mercy'. ~

He felt a slight tug as he expanded his senses even further. He's close... that is certain...but where...?
Kylern

~You wouldn't be one of those crazy newtype hunters would you?~ Ryder was getting a feel for this guys personality and it sickened him. This was the sort of guy that had infested the Federation and drove the Gundam team off. These were the kind of guys that experimented on his sister to create a better weapon. There were the guys that hunted down little girls like Emily just because they were powerful newtypes... These were the kind of guys Ryder wanted to kill.

~How about you withdraw your men from the girl's ship and let her go. Then we can have a more civilized chat. Or gunfight, not sure what your more partial too.~ No doubt about it this guy was trying to find his location and Ryder had finally gotten into mental position himself. So in a true chess move he planned to sacrifice his piece in order to grab the enemies queen. Just ever so slightly he opened up the door that would allow the enemy to find his location but set himself up for the counter. If this man took the bait then Ryder would locate him and with the VF-25S being primed to fold out of here, enough time had passed to recharge the system, there was no harm. But if Ryder knew his enemies position then a few well placed missiles could create a pretty bad day for his would be psychic friend.
Strike Zero

- Zephyr -

~ There is no reason for my men to pull out. They are simply assisting in the caring for a wounded man. ~

~ Unless, of course, there is a
reason for you wanting them to pull out. ~

Now Zephyr was all but certain. One or both of the people onboard that ship were members of the Federation. They would not get away with attempting to deceive him. However, dealing with that bit of business would have to come later. Right now...

There was an opening into the other's mind that hadn't been there before. Obviously, he had set it up so--this man knew what he was doing, after all. Still, it might very well be the only chance to discover his location before he managed to slip away.

Zephyr pushed forward into the other's mind. As he did so, all at once, a new sensation came over his own. His eyes snapped open and he reared around to his right.

"There you are!"

With lightning speed, a fearsome gray and red-painted mecha darted out from behind a gathering of debris with a flare of energy from the wings on its back. Brandishing the Mironga's Straight machine gun, Zephyr took aim and fired upon what appeared to be empty space.

Of course, both of them knew, it was anything but.