PHASE 5: Natural Coordination (14th Fleet)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Sume Gai

(if there is no objection I'll go ahead and get us headed in the right direction.)

The 14th fleet had left only a few minutes after the preparations had finished. They set course for Copernicus.

-Turkle-
Harken

As the fleet cleared the base perimeter Harken breathed a little easier. it was very liberating to leave after having been stuck in port for so long.

"ETA to Copernicus?"

"2 hours sir."

"very good; keep your eyes on the radar; we don't know exactly what to expect from this Atlus"

-Scanlan-
-MS Hanger-
Cynthia

Cynthia was in the hanger waiting on the rest of the Pilots; the Ones who had been assigned to her command. The Captain upon her request had sent out the call for her team to meet in the hanger. that was ten minutes ago.

"Where the hell are they? Don't tell me this whole fleet is as incompetent as that Sai-Sashi idiot"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Kavik Ryx

Hearing the words Lt jg, sent a twinkle to Dalos's eyes for about half a second before he just shrugged and started pacing again. Though during that moment, it became obvious that there was a heavy brace on his injured leg.
LadyTaurucis

The call to attention snapped Sanna out of her mobile suit-induced trance. Even from the distance she could tell which of the Daggers was hers - the most recent arrival standing in a corner.

Her gaze lingered on Dalos as he paced around the hangar, although she went over in Stan's direction and landed several paces away from James. She didn't say anything, but she stood at the ready.
Nothing says "Girl Power" like a hot pink, 60 foot tall, weapon-toting robot.

Verbal abuse isn't supposed to be refined!
ScornMandark

Stan waited for half a beat as Sanna landed in front of him, at attention. Ensign Dalos, however, made no indication that he had heard. His braced leg made an interesting off-beat thumping as he paced.

Stan took a deep breath, and let it out slowly. This was going to take a little work, evidentally. "Having been promoted to squad leader, there have been a lot of changes I've needed to get adjusted to. One of them is dealing with individuals under my command. Some people, when thrust into a leadership position, try to rule with an iron fist, smashing any resistance. I prefer a less forceful approach." He finished addressing the 2 in front of him in a normal tone of voice.

He summarily raised it so that it could be heard in all corners of the hangar.

"Any member of the Falcon Team wishing to sortie will form up on deck. Those who are disinclined to sortie may wait it out in the medical quarters or the brig." He spoke again in a normal voice. "And unless you've got a doctor's note, it won't be in Med."
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Wedge14

Near Copernicus City
Atlas ship:Medusa

A looming drake class ship was nothing but a mere speck in the distance from the great city of Copernicus.

Wilhielm Lorenzo sat in his quarters going over a small list, only to be interrupted by his young female Aide. She was a petite girl probably around 15 years of age. This War Orphan's devotion to the Atlas cause was just as fierce as anyone else.

"Julia...have you brought my tea?" He said as elegantly rose from his chair.

The young girl, nodded and approached Lorenzo's desk carefully placing the silver tray down.

Lorenzo smiled and nodded. "Thank you my dear."

Julia's pale face flushed red and she elegantly curtsied towards Lorenzo who replied with his own.

"Julia..." He said pouring some hotwater into his teacup. "Why don't you join me? Just because we're late to meet with our brothers does not mean we don't have time to enjoy this tea."
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
LadyTaurucis

Don't trust what he says, one of the little voices in Sanna's head advised. The higher-ups are all like that. They say they're very fair and easy-going until you cross their paths. Don't say anything. Don't give him a reason to blame you for something.

"Are we heading out immediately, then?" she asked as flatly as humanly possible, although her impatience was painfully obvious. "Or is there something else we're waiting for?"

Gambit01

Nakamura sighed irritably at the retreating woman, before going to the bridge. Thanks to that bitch, he was grossly late. And by "grossly", he meant over two hours! Fingers crossed that Harken hadn't completely forgotten why he asked to see Nakamura in the first place, the lieutenant bit the potentially humiliating bullet and walked in.

"Lt. Nakamura, reporting as ordered, sir!"

----------------------------------------------------------

Hiroshi rubbed his nose where his nephew had slammed a wrench just moments earlier. Having told Harken to take the bridge, he could finally apply first aid...and continue to watch the video intently.

"Atlas...."
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Sume Gai

Harken

Harken had certainly not forgotten why he had Called Nakamura to the bridge. As the Lieutenant enter Harken turned, a rather Serious look on his face.

"Nakamura, I'm sure you know exactly why I called you here; your 'stunt' at the end of the briefing. While I certainly can't deny that the rear admiral needed to be stopped, what you did was most unnecessary. As such you will be punished. I think that I shall be lenient this time due to circumstances but I the future leave such things to me. For the remainder of the week you shall be on latrine duty. Do you have any objections?"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

ScornMandark

Stan watched with growing impatience as Ensign Dalos continued pacing as if he hadn't heard. A muscle started twitching in his jawline, a sign of his annoyance.

Sanna spoke up, "Are we heading out immediately, then? Or is there something else we're waiting for?" Her tone was impatient, anxious, yet oddly not eager. It seemed as though she was more trying to hide any sort of motivation asides from annoyance and impatience.

Stan decided to overlook it. Just as he was going to respond, the chief mechanic of the Mancini headed their way. "Yo! Change of plans! Launch is delayed for a bit, at least for Falcon 3. We just uncovered a nasty hydraulic jam in the neck. With the total overhaul we had to do on the suit, we missed it entirely until just now." She tossed her firey red braid back over her shoulder as it caught up with her. "Shouldn't take too long to clear up, he'll be ready to launch in 10 to 15."

Stan turned to the chief. "Thanks, Chief." He turned back to the squad. "Alright. Falcon 3, remain in the hangar until you can launch. Falcon 2, stay with him. Make sure he doesn't hurt himself. Falcon 4, with me. We're gonna run down the pre-flight checklist on our suits, then when we're ready we'll take positions on the forward hull, prepped for arrival in Copernicus. Falcon 2 and 3, do the same whenever the suit is finished being prepped."

James nodded, a little disappointed to be waiting behind. "Aye sir, I'll keep an eye on him."
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
LadyTaurucis

A rush of adrenaline surged through Sanna. She saluted briskly and started off towards her mobile suit, roughly jamming her flight helmet on as she walked.

She took the lift up to the cockpit of her Dagger and climbed in. The metal of her mobile suit seemed to warm up and "greet" her in a special way only she could understand as she began the pre-flight diagnostic tests.

Nothing alarming, everything looks fine... Sanna leaned back, awaiting Stan's order to get moving.

ScornMandark

Stan returned the salute and kicked up to his cockpit, buckling down his helmet as he went. He was a little concerned about Ens. Dalos' mental state after being cooped up in sick-bey for so long. That kind of experience could really mess a guy up. Both the medical stay and the reason behind it, really. He also noted with amusement the enthusiasm that Sanna expressed about getting into the cockpit. 'There it is... he thought. 'Let's see what those shrinks were talking about.'

He started through his start-up sequence, typing in his activation codes and selecting his preferred user interface. He selected the standard loadout of weapons, looks like the ammo's been topped off, and fuel gauges read full. The batteries started humming as the Dagger started drawing a more significant amount of power, activating the main computer and warming up the servos. 30 seconds later, the Dagger interface read

"All Green"

He nodded shortly, and flipped on his comm panel. "Control, this is Lt. J.G. Stan Loonis. What's our status?"

"Falcon 1, this is control. We are due to arrive in Copernicus in approximately an hour and a half. Please launch and take defensive positions on the forward hull."

"Acknowledged, Control. Falcon 3's suit has a servo malfunction in the neck, so he and Falcon 2 are remaining until repairs are completed."

"Understood."

Stan flipped the comm back to Sanna. "Falcon 4, let's go. We'll land on the forward bow and stay on alert until we get closer to Copernicus. We don't have the time or the fuel to run through any simulations, so let's stay sharp."

With that, he strode to the launch deck. Because the Drake-class only had external launch platforms, Stan simply desengaged the locking clamps on the hull and floated off. "Stan Loonis, Launching!" The irony of that phrase while he simply floated alongside the ship was not lost on him. He twitched his main thruster a bit to pick up a little speed and landed on the forward hull. He touched down gently, and planted his feet squarely. He double checked the safety protocalls on his CIWS and Carbine and turned his radar up to max range. No need to accidentally nail a friendly.

~~~~~~~

James watched Dalos pace and pace and pace. The brace on his leg made an odd thump every other step. The mechanics were busy pulling out one of the hydraulic cylinders in the Ensign's Dagger L's neck and already bringing up another.

"Yo, D. Seriously, are you ok to fly?"
Kavik Ryx

Rolling his eyes. "Meh, I'll just fly guard if if have to. "Someone has to do it and I'd like to see you try.

(OOC: the smaller type means that it was mumbled.)
LadyTaurucis

Sanna waited a couple minutes for good measure after Stan had launched before moving her mobile suit to the launch deck. She looked out at the expanse of space around her and exhaled sharply. I can do this.

"Sanna Lachance, heading out."

She had only meant to nudge the Dagger's speed up, but in her excitement, she sent her mobile suit blasting forwards. A growl of frustration escaped her as she turned her mobile suit around and directed it to the forward bow.

Her cheeks burned with embarrassment as she landed.

"Sorry," she muttered quietly to Stan, cutting off the acceleration with a little unnecessary force. Wonderful. My first non-training flight, and I've already messed it up.

ScornMandark

Stan smiled a little as the eager Sanna overshot by a hundred meters or so, then turned around and throttled back. "Welcome back, Falcon 4." The smile in his voice made the teasing rather gentle, really.

"Alright, hopefully we won't have any issues on the way in, but you never know. I'm uploading a scanning map to highlight the sectors to keep an eye on. The radar on these ships are good, but there's no harm in double checking." He tapped 2 keys and a CG map of space popped up in a window on her main monitor. The Mancini showed up in the center, and there were 2 green dots on the bow. "As you can see, your sector is port and ahead, I'm starboard and double ahead. ETA is still a bit over an hour, so plug in and hang tight."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Fair enough. We're wingmates, buddy, so if you guard, so do I." James decided he hadn't heard Dalos' mumble, it was easier that way.

The Chief kicked back towards the 2 and landed near Dalos. "There it is, the neck's back in order." She wiped a grease smear from her cheek, only smearing it further. "You are clear to launch, comptroller's been notified. Good Hunting!" She headed back towards the maintainence office, braid floating a bit in the zero G.

"Sweet! Alright D, let's hit it!" James flew to his suit's cockpit, strapping his helmet on as he went.
Sume Gai

Harken

still a ways out of Copernicus, the radar officer a large black man spoke up.

"sir I've got what looks like a Contact. I think it's an O.M.N.I. Drake but it's not moving."

"how far out?"

"pretty far sir; I can't even be sure it's a drake but that's the best guess."

This was interesting there shouldn't be a drake out here besides there own; could it be?

"alright, change of plans, helm change course towards the ship but keep our distance; com inform the admiral and ask him to join us on the bridge then relay to course change to the other ships."

Harken needed to confirm this contact before anything else then they would decide what to do.

Wedge14

Lorenzo

He had just put his tea down when an untimely interruption occurred as an officer interrupted him.

"What is it Miles? You should know that me and Miss Julia are not to be disturbed."

"I'm so sorry sir, but we've just picked up radio chatter. Theres a nearby fleet and their on to us."

"How can you be so certain?"

"We overheard them discussing an unknown Drake class."

Lorenzo stayed calm. "Miss Julia, I am so sorry to leave you know, but I have to take care of some unfortunate circumstance." With that Lorenzo rose to his feet and bowed to the young girl, his blue hair falling gently as he did so.
He gracefully left.

"Miles there is no point, in sticking around here much longer. If they find us we will lose too much to our cause. Let's pull back to point B with the rest of the fleet."

"But sir, wouldn't that eventually lead them to O'Connor's unit?"

Lorenzo stopped and grinned slowly. "With the added bravery of our allies awaiting us at point B this backwater fleet will surely succumb to our noble cause, or be eliminated."

A few moments later the Drake Class ship Medusa's thrusters lit and the lone ship started to move away from Copernicus.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Sume Gai

(since Gambit's MIA)
Hiroshi Sahashi

The rear Admiral didn't hear the beeping of the console which would call him to the bridge. nor could he have answered if he did. The tones of his beloved Cello were echoing through the room and it's myriad pictures of cats.

Harken

somewhat distressed the Coms Officer reported the Admirals lack of response to the captain

"Sir I'm getting nothing from the Admiral sir."

"Right send Nakamura to find him."

"Nakamura?"

"yes he's the only person we can spare at the moment"

just the the Radar officer spoke up.

"Sir the enemy Drake is moving sir it's trying to flee."

"Right inform the fleet, level 1 alert, match speed with the ship but maintain distance this could be a trap but it's too good a lead to pass up."

Harken was acting without the Admiral's authority but since the Admiral was missing Harken was in charge.

Nakamura

as the request was forwarded to Nakamura he swore. "Baka-Uncle!" Now rather than launching with his team he'd have to go and find the idiot of an uncle and commander.

ScornMandark

Stan was still grinning a bit at Sanna when he felt a rumble through his cockpit. The stars took on a slightly different orientation as the ship altered course a little and sped up to full combat speed. Readouts suddenly popped into his field of view. Tactical maps, projected courses, and a brief text communique from the fleet.

"Contact with possible ATLAS ship. Changing course to intercept."

"Crap..." Stan realized he had left his comm with Sanna open. "Ensign, you reading this? Better bunker down, this might get rough."

He switched his comm to broadcast mode. "Flight deck, what's the status of Falcons 2 and 3?"
Kavik Ryx

Dalos seated himself impatiently in his Dagger's cockpit tweaking the OS. It would be another 15 minutes until he would be ready to launch. Waiting was getting to him, and all he could do was grumble c'mon.
LadyTaurucis

"Loud and clear," Sanna replied in her usual monotone. However, she felt a twinge of nervousness. This was the first time she was going up against real, live people who were out to shoot her down.

Her eyes hardened as she came to a conclusion. Then I'll just shoot them down before they can shoot me down.