TARRRPG Chapter 11: Hong Kong Blues (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

Berith's attack itself was easy enough to deal with, however Wingnut had another problem. The Ceres was not far behind him and if he simply evaded, it would give the Dark Star Knight a clear path to his original target. There was one chance, and if it failed the Ceres might be doomed.

Wingnut raised the shield to block the missile attack and pitched the Zero so that he leaned forward, but also decreased power to the engines so that he would drop under Berith's attack. As the Gyan Kai passed, Wingnut swung his own beam saber at the right hand in an attempt to relieve the machine of its primary weapon.
Once passed the Gyan Kai, Wingnut increased power and stopped his decent and turned to fire the TBR in machine gun mode at the rear of the enemy suit.

It was up to fate now if Wingnut's efforts would succeed. Even Zero could not give him a definitive answer as to the outcome despite presenting Wingnut with the best option given the situation.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
The Big Zabowski

-Michael and KITAI-

"I doubt he'd want you working on him anyway, Gundam."

Kitty sat up, unplugging the cables from her head and popping the cover closed on her cranium. With light metallic pops, she cracked her neck and stretched a bit, yawning as she looked around. She looked no more than a 21 year old girl, black shoulder length hair and ethnic-neutral features. Her skin was a sickly pale color, which was a stark contrast to her golden tinged eyes, akin to those of the Innovators and Tieria Erde. She then looked over to the kid whom she'd referred to as "Gundam" and smirked slightly, something a bit mischievous more than it was innocent.

"Shouldn't you be saving the ship or something? Sitting on your ass in this bay isn't doing the ship any good ya know."

She kicked her legs over the table, her hospital gown being less than modest as she ended up 'flashing' the pilot right in front of the whole crew. She planted her hands on the table and watched as technicians went to work removing what broken panels they could in order to get to the broken wiring and circuitry of the rest of the body. Michael, meanwhile, was less than impressed.

"I wonder if I'd be a trouble for you guys to just plate the whole damn thing in E-Carbon and Titanium.. Skin isn't doing me much good as much as it serves an ascetic purpose.."

One of the technicians paused and looked over to the eyeless 'voicebox' that was Michael's head.

"Wait, you actually want to be a tin-man?"

"If it means I can just form and bolt a new panel on instead of using a bandage..I'd find it a much easier and quicker alternative.."

"Uh..but.."

"Listen, buddy. I don't have a body anymore. Just this thing. And if it means getting back into action with little to no time wasted, I think I can go without skin for a while."

The techs looked at the head in awe and confusion at the statement. Was Michael actually stating that he'd be willing to be metal rather than looking human? That question was answered by the CMO that had just finished telling Tallis to get the boarding ready and to halt work on what mundane work she had in order to scrape as much manpower back together in order to get Mike back out into the field.

"That's what I was hoping to hear, no offense meant there. Gotta say that you're one of the more ballsier people I've treated when faced with prosthesis.."

"Well, Doc. When you've lost everything and are just a metal tin-man, I'd say that it's a quick and easy solution. Not to mention the fun that could be had.."

"That can wait until AFTER we get you back on your feet and the Ceres isn't being blown up from under us."

Just then, an orderly from sickbay rushed in with a metal crate on a trolley. She was huffing and bleeding on her arm and forehead. The CMO rushed over to her to relieve her of the package.

"What happened?"

"I was on my way to run these boards over to you. We found them in another crate that came with the AI body. They were marked as replacement parts for the two. But I ended up taking a left when I should have taken a right.. 5 crewmen dead sir. 12 wounded. I gotta go.."

"Sickbay?"

"Undamaged sir. We're running on aux power though.."

"Understood, take care out there."

"Sir."

The orderly saluted and then rushed out of the room, back into the fight..

The CMO then turned to Tallis and smiled, patting the box. He pointed a thumb at Zaine as he spoke.

"Looks like our friend can help after all if he knows how to build a computer or plastic models.."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

"Er KITAI, Zaine doesn't pilot a gundam at all; he uses a Huckebein totally different."

Tallis then turned and addressed Micheal's request

"Are you sure Micheal? it would be faster but people might find it a bit off putting."

then some good news came in the form of the spare circuit boards they would speed things up greatly.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Omega

-Zaine-

His face turned a nice shade of red at KITAI's... surprise, but he shook it off and answered the CMO. "I'll do what I can, as i've had some experience with both..." Zaine replied before turning to 'Kitty'. "...And since i'm not a newtype, a headless mech doesn't seem too smart to pilot."
Cybaster

-Emily and Masamune-

Masamune panted once and grinned. "Emily, Lune, blast them now!"

"Got it! Let's do it, Miss Lune!"

"Let's go, Emily! Cross Smasher!"

The GW-Bits' convergence was what Masamune was waiting for and this time, he didn't meet the GW-Bits' attacks head-on --- yet. Parrying both the sabers briefly with upward slashes from both Beam Sabers, Masamune and the Sisquiede suddenly edged backwards and away from Rachel, I-Field Cannon raised readily --- a half-second before Emily and Lune, moving parallel to each other, made their own attacks. As the Unicorn recoiled slightly from the force of the Beam Magnum blast, the Valsione's arms reeled back, cupped together with bright orbs of light shining between its hands, and shot forward, sending a blue-and-red coiling Cross Smasher beam forward.

Both blasts, targeted intensely at both Rachel and the converged GW-Bits, lanced forward and incinerated the sky around them, destroying the missile that Rachel fired at Masamune. Now backing away, Masamune wheeled the Sisquiede around and changed directions in a hurried dash, going straight for Slug instead with two shots from the I-Field Cannon.

"You both are powerful, I'll give you that," Masamune quipped. "But you're both too sloppy to catch me off-guard! Ceres, what's taking you so long!?"

-Camilla and SPARTANs-

One of Zangetsu's railgun bursts caught the left Daughseat III in one of its claws, blowing it off its arm entirely, but they kept advancing --- until Zangetsu suddenly sped up. The right Daughseat III, readying itself, punched out its claw to meet the charge, while the left SPARTAN and Camilla launched another two torpedoes at the Sonicscream from behind.

The eight anti-air SPARTANs were continuing their ardment in the meantime, with most of the missiles targeting Templar Squadron now.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Nero

-DC Airspace-

The squad turned and pursued Rena into DC territory. Somehow it didn't take long to locate her, and when they did, a volley of missiles was fired, aimed at disabling the suit.

When Rena noticed, she wondered out loud. "Don't you guys ever give up?" She dodged the fire hoping somebody would notice.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
The Big Zabowski

-KITAI and Michael-

Kitty blinked inquisitively at Zaine's response to her sitting up. It didn't, or ever would occur to her that modesty is one thing that a lady must learn, especially when in the get up she was in. Regardless, she poked fun at his response about the 'Huckey' being headless.

"Well you DO have aux cameras on that suit, right?"

She turned to Tallis.

"I mean, you've got to be damn near retarded in a literal sense to forget THAT when designing a suit."

Michael spoke up again, the technicians already at work trying to do a plug and play deal with the one spare eye they had. As soon as the input was made, Michael found that he could see once more.

"Nng..bright. Sumbitch. Kitty, the Huckbein does have aux sensors. It may be that he might not be confident flying without primaries. I know I would if I were doing this for the first time."

'Yeah, yeah.."

Kitty crossed her arms and huffed at the notion of a pilot serving on the Gundam team without the ability to fly a damn suit on aux sensors and cameras. Don't they teach these kids these things in flight school?

"And he didn't go to flight school, Kitty. Don't forget the link kiddo."

"Hrmmm~"

With a whine, she snuffed his response and pointed her head skyward in a snarky gesture. Michael meanwhile, was being plugged and patched as quickly as Tallis and the CMO's men could work. Luckily the PDA instructions weren't more complex than that of a Gunpla book for plugging the boards and wires in. It was something Goldberg was counting on when stuff like this happened in the field. Zaine had a PDA shoved into his chest by a technician while he finished connecting a composite 'muscle' actuator back into it's slot after a plug replacement.

"You gonna stand there yammering or help, solider?"

Michael, meanwhile, tested the arm repair. It'd look quite perturbing to see actuators, servos, motors, and joints flexing and working in symphony to work the arm. It looked disturbingly similar to what a human arm would look like with it's skin gone and the muscles exposed..minus the red meaty look.

"Looks good. Lets hope this gets easier.."

"It won't. The legs need more work. We need to fabricate new cores from titanium stock. Hence why I asked Tallis. You broke both of them out there Mike.."

"Nice.."

Mike rolled the one active eye he had and set his metal jaw. The pearly white teeth serving a start contrast to the gunmetal gray color that made up his whole face. With a metallic pop and clink, he popped his jaw and got it working again, the technicians having attached the last of the servo shafts to actuate the jaw.

"Hey, I can eat now..oh wait. You did-"

The doctor shook his head in dismay, holding up a pocket mirror to show Michael the extent of the damage to his 'chestal' area. It looked like someone had taken a grenade and shoved it in his belly button.

"Ah crap.. This is going to get interesting."

Kitty piped up at that note.

"Oh, like more than it already has?"

The lifted up her gown and AGAIN flashed the group.

"Were these really necessary, Doc?"

The CMO was a little rosy-cheeked at the sight but spoke clearly..

"I didn't design the body. Goldberg did. Take your qualms up with him.."

"Hrumph~"

Kitty then dropped the gown back down and resumed her huffy stance. If Mike could facepalm.jpg at this sight..he'd facedesk. The CMO then broke up the comedy with more news.

"This is going to take more work than I thought. We're going to also have to rebuild your chest and lower back. Looks like whatever you blew yourself up with did a good number to your stomach. It'll take a few hours at least.."

"Like I'm going anywhere? Wait.. You said lower ba- I ain't pack-"

The CMO could only groan and roll his eyes while other technicians continued their work plugging and installing what they could into Michael's body.

Kitty walked over to to Michael and looked his body over, then smirked.

"You ain't even packing the pistol, let alone the ammo-"

Mike's arm shot up and grabbed Kitty by the neck.

"Then I'll just build one and test it on you.."

"Oh wow, I'm soooo scared~ Like I'm gonna fe-"

"You will, you will. Goldberg didn't make you anatomically correct just for shits and giggles."

"o_o; Eewww..."

Yes, folks. Goldberg did succeed in building a fembot..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis was as the technician had said working on the legs; fabricating the Skeletal parts that made up the internal frame. s such she was paying no attention to the rather disturbing events unfolding behind her.

She lifted the thigh she was working on and inspected it before setting it aside and beginning on the shin parts. The parts had to be precise to a degree only practiced hand could achieve; all the while she marveled at Dr. Goldsberg's designs.
Last edited by Sume Gai on Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Omega

-Zaine-

He promptly ignored the attempt to poke fun at him by the girl when a PDA was shoved into his chest.

"S-Sorry.." Zaine accepted the PDA and took a look at it for a moment before checking to see which part it matched (Which seemed to be the left foot.) before going to check on the metal man whose upper body seemed to be working. "Great..." As such, before Zaine could say anything, He was blushing again at KITAI's second flash. "Could you please change into something?" He asked before going to where the parts were and picked up what he needed.

Zaine went to where he wouldn't be in the way and managed to get the part on the PDA finished and took the finished part to Tallis before going to check another one.
Wingnut

- Aidoneus Island -

As soon as Rena crossed the line into DC airspace, a squadron of Lions on standby took off and moved to intercept the intruders. The Lions outnumbered the contacts by 3-1, but given the power of the units encountered around the island recently, they would need that to pull out a victory if the power of those that were now coming into range was on par with the others.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
The Big Zabowski

-KITAI and Michael-

Kitty giggled at Zaine's response.

"Hey Mikey, I think he likes it.."

She just couldn't help herself, as the potential for lulz was just too great. With a hop off of the table, she strutted over to Zaine as he walked over to pick up another part, and feinted bumping into him. As she did this, she made sure that her gown fell off a THIRD time, causing the bent over Zaine to look up to a face full of..Kitty's chest.

"So how come you can't fly the Huckbein again? Is it because of me..?"

Michael practically lost it at that..

"DAMNIT KITTY! GET COME F**KING CLOTHES ON NOW!"

"Rrgg..why~"

"Because..just be agreeable with them for once?"

"Hmm..Ah-kay~"

o_o'

Kitty was then lead off by one of the FEMALE technicians who set her up with a maintenance jumper.

"Doc, remind me why I even asked Goldberg for...that"

"Sorry, couldn't tell ya. She is quite the looker though.."

"..Got a point there, Doc."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Nero

-Dagger Squad-

"Hm?" Was the Leader's comment as he saw the Lions coming, "Grr... We'll retreat..." the leader ordered a withdrawal as the squad followed suit.

-Rena-

Man, I'm glad that they're gone Rena thought as she turned to the Lion squad. "Thank you for helping me... By the way, Is there a place where I can land?" She asked as she went towards them.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Strike Zero

- Strike, Xiu & Elya -

"Rolling Cannon!" Elya called as she opened fire on the Delta Gundam and GN-X. Strike dodged around the spiral shots. Xiu wasn't as good--she was forced to deflect whatever she could using her GN defense rod.

"You can't stop me!" Elya said with a grin. "I, Elya of the Dark Star Knights won't be defeated by the likes of--"

"Sorry! Can't hear you over me winning!"

"What?!"

Strike drew the Delta's beam saber and charged at the Fairlion. She focused all her shots at the incoming Gundam, but Strike dodged several, and the impact of those that did hit was lessened by his anti-beam coating. As he closed in, Elya extended her two blades and lunged at the Delta. Strike, however, spun around the attack and ended up facing the Fairlion's back. He drew his second beam saber and rushed at the tiny Armored Module. With a great cry, he plunged the two of them into the E-field--which quickly overloaded and vanished--then into the Tesla drive on its back. The engine sputtered and sparked and, eventually. Shut down all together.

Elya's eyes widened. "No! Not agaaaaaaiiiiiinnnn!!!!" She cried as she plummeted towards the water. She hit the water and disappeared under the surface with a rather large splash.

Strike waited and watched to see if she would resurface. She didn't. He had the feeling, however, that they hadn't seen the last of her just yet.

"Alright..." Strike said, turning to face Xiu and the GN-X. "What are you doing back here and what are you planning to--"

Instead of the GN-X, all Strike could see was a blinking, white-painted outline of where the mobile suit used to be. He stared dumbfounded at it for several seconds before whipping around to face the Ceres again. There it was, speeding towards it and the battle taking place at her stern.

"WOULD YOU HOLD ON FOR ONE SECOND!" Strike yelled as he sped off after her again.

- Berith -

A flash of light was all Berith could see in the instant the Wing Zero swung with its saber. The next, he saw that his the Gyan Kai's right forearm had been cleanly cut at the elbow joint. For several seconds, the severed arm hung in front of him, suspended in mid-air. Berith's expression first registered shock, then quickly transitioned to rage. Everything seemed to move in slow motion as his eyes tracked the Wing Zero moving past.

In his mind, he registered that the exchange had been lost.

He was not, however, about to let it end here.

Reacting impossibly fast, Berith whipped around and hurled his shield at the Wing Zero as if it were a discus. The impromptu weapon deflected the low-powered shots the Wing Zero subsequently unleashed. It struck the tip of the twin buster rifle, and the force of the impact was enough to send the winged Gundam reeling, if only for a second.

Allowing the momentum generated by the powerful throw to carry him, Berith in the meantime twisted the Gyan Kai back in the direction of the ship. With his now-free left hand, he grabbed at the Gyan Kai's severed arm and managed to snatch his sword out of the air by the tip of the hilt just before it fell out of his reach.

His weapon reclaimed, he turned to face his advisory and drew power from the GN-Drive once again.

"Curse you!" he roared as readied the massive sword and charged. Once in range, he swung the weapon, passing the blade underneath the twin-buster rifle.

Victory is mine! Berith thought to himself with a surge of much-deserved satisfaction.

Only, it wasn't meant to be.

A spatter of beam fire struck him from the left, knocking him clean off course. The Gyan Kai ended up missing the Wing Zero by several feet. "What?!" Berith exclaimed as he struggled to keep the Gyan Kai stable.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" came the ecstatic laugh of a young girl over the COM. One of Berith's own GN-Xs came into view, and it was pumping its lance into the air in a show of victory. "Oh, yeah! I got 'em! I got 'em! Who's awesome? I am!"

Berith would come to ponder how this stranger girl had managed to come into possession of the GN-X later. For now, all of his attention was focused on utterly destroying this impudent whelp who would dare interfere in his duel. With unbelievable speed, he charged at the GN-X and let out a great roar.

Xiu's eyes widened. "OH CRA--" Was all she got out before the Gyan Kai swooped in and gutted the GN-X just below the waist and cockpit. Legless, and completely destabilized, the mobile suit plummeted towards the water.
It was caught, however, by Strike and the Delta Gundam. He looked up at the Wing Zero floating above him and keyed the COM.

"Wingnut! Finish him off!" Strike called out.
Last edited by Strike Zero on Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Omega

-Zaine-

After she bumped into him, Zaine had the unfourtunate luck of seeing KITAI's chest again, which made him blush again... But he quickly looked away.

Once a female technician led her out of the room, He asked Mike something.
"How can you put up with her?" Zaine went to hand over the foot to Tallis while he waited for a response.
SNT1

--Slug--
--Rachel--

"SH#T! Not girl-robot again!" Rachel curses as her attacks get foiled. She sees the blue-and-red discs hurling about. There was no choice---she sacrificed her third, damaged bit to take the entire damage for her.

Meanwhile, Slug had ideas of preventing further Rachel rapeage---he goes in front of the Unicorn and fires his beam smartgun precisely at the beam magnum's own stream. Its shattering 50-MW power was more than enough to cancel that magnum fire. Damn, I'm getting better at this! But then, Sisquiede was now heading in his direction. "Welp, gotta go!" Slug says as he fired up his engines and challenges the enemy to a cat-and-mouse game. A guy that could stand up toe-to-toe with Rachel AND her bits and not die, it's probably not a good idea to engage.

"We wouldn't have this trouble if our dear leader KEPT her mobile suit! The Duskraiders are retreating this!"

Slug agrees; they were slowly losing members each turn. They have done their own piece of damage, and as far as they were concerned, they were the ONLY team to actually significantly damage the Ceres. If the other squads couldn't even help, then it's probably not worth sticking around.

With that command, the rest of the Airmasters and Bits follow suit as they backed out of the battle.

I would so be ready for you next time, Rachel mutters under her breath...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
The Big Zabowski

-Michael-

"Ah I dunno, I just do. It's like one of those friendships with a chick where you KNOW you're never going to hit it off, and for that reason just kick each other in the nads every chance you get like one of the guys.

I find it funny as all hell.."

Kitty yelled from a back room.

"I HEARD THAT C88KASS!"

"See what I mean? Oh the lulz to be had..the lulz to be had."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Omega

-Zaine-

"Huh..." He simply shook his head in confusion at the 'couple' before turning to Tallis. "Need a little help with the legs?" He asked, placing the finished foot by what she finished on the thigh.

After what KITAI did, he actually felt safer near someone.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis held the finished second shin "bone" and carefully inspected it.

"this part is really something that one has to do alone since it's so delicate."

Tallis planted the piece with the other three leg parts which were now right in front of Zaine.

"but I think you can assemble the left leg with these."

The circuits and servos needed were already don and Tallis had done her best to make the new frame parts which Zaine would find about as close to perfect as they could have been. Tallis started on the right leg apparently in the zone now that the Shaking of the ship had settled down.

Omega

-Zaine-

"Sure..." He examined the parts and was surprised at how well she did. "Wow..." He carefully began assembling the leg as best he could and managed to do so with little trouble. He muttered something inaudible as he set the leg aside and quickly collected the parts to build the right foot and it's respective PDA then set about putting it together.
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

Somehow, the gambit had worked. Sort of. Wingnut had stopped the Gyan Kai from attacking the Ceres, but now found its attention focused on him now as the shield it was carrying was now headed for him. The shots from the rifle were not enough to stop it as it hit the TBR on the tip, almost knocking the weapon from his hand and as it was it almost sent the Wing Zero spinning.
The next thing he knew, the Gyan had managed to retrieve his beam saber and was aiming for a wide open spot on Wingnut's left side.

However he was saved from a most unlikely source. One of his own GN-XII units had started shooting at him.
What the hell?

"It's her."

"Her? Wait, that girl that tried to steal you earlier?!"

It turned out to be a big break as the Gyan pilot headed for her instead and managed to damage the GN-XII she had somehow gotten her hands on.
"Wingnut! Finish him off!" Strike called out.

"Roger that."
With Hong Kong behind the target, a full power blast was out of the question. Activating the boosters Wingnut moved closer to the Gyan Kai, firing a total of 4 shots from Burst Mode as he closed in on the damaged Fandom unit.

- Ceres -

It had been a rough fight, but the heavily damaged warship finally made it out of the harbor and out to open sea.
With the retreat of the Duskraiders, and the all but total defeat of the Fandom force, the only thing that was left were the underwater Daughseat III mobile suits.

- Templar Squadron -

With the withdrawal of the Duskraiders, Templar 1 and 2 joined the other pair in battroid mode in shooting down the missiles coming at them and the Ceres

"Thanks for the help boss, we're starting to run low on gunpod ammo here."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.