TARRRPG Chapter 11: Hong Kong Blues (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

"He's heading for the bridge."

"I can see that."

Avoiding the Vostok Laser, Wingnut rocketed away at full throttle to intercept the Gyan Kai, G-Forces pushing him in the seat the whole way.

It was only at the last second that he got there and drew his own beam saber to save the bridge from having a new sunroof.

"Sacrifice the grunts to get in a killing blow. Not a bad idea." Wingnut said as he slowly pushed back the large beam sword.

- Hong Kong defense forces -

The group of Enacts that went after the Fandom forces had not given up on the chase as now all 6 of them were now shooting at Elya's Fairlion from behind.

Elsewhere, a dozen more Enacts had taken off as the fight in the area had intensified. Those units were now headed for the Duskraiders.
"Attention Federation and Fandom forces. Cease your attack immediately and withdraw from Hong Kong airspace at once." As if to put more of an exclamation on their demand the Enacts opened fire in the area of the Airmaster units with their linear rifles.
"Your continued aggression in our territory will not be tolerated."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Strike Zero

- Berith -

As the Gyan Kai locked blades, Berith gritted his teeth out of frustration. He had been so close, yet the pilot of the Wing Zero had defied all odds and managed to block his attack.

"I'm impressed you were able to stop me. However...!"

The Gyan Kai broke the lock and reared back, poised to strike.

"You have made a mistake... by bringing the fight to close combat!"

The GN Drive roared and the Gyan Kai spun once around to the left,bringing its massive sword about in a powerful rotating cut aimed at the Wing Zero's midsection.

- Elya -

Elya was about to pursue the Wing Zero when several shots glanced off the Fairlion's E-field, and she turned to see the Enacts from before firing at her from behind.

"Don't get in my way you losers!" Elya shouted, extending both the Fairlion's arm-mounted blades and rushing the Hong Kong mobile suits. She dipped, darted and whirled around the shots from the linear rifles as she closed the distance and--once she had gotten into range--slashed once at the lead Enacts head, again at its right arm, and a third time at its torso.

- Strike -

The Delta Gundam and the GN-X traded slashes and parries. This pilot knew what he was doing--not too bad for a grunt soldier. However, it was time to finish this and get back to the Ceres.

"Final blow... say goodbye you Fandom--"

Before Strike could attack, or even finish his sentence, a spurt of crimson beam fire came from the direction of the harbor and penetrated the GN-X II's armor several times, causing it to erupt into flames. Strike yelped in surprise and somersaulted the Delta backwards to avoid being caught int he blast. He turned towards the source of the fire and found... the GN-X he had kicked down earlier?

"Oh, yeah! Guess who knows how to shoot?"

Strike's eyes widened. "You! What are you doing here?!"

Xiu laughed. "Stealing your kill! What else?"

Strike wasn't sure what was more baffling, this kid knowing how to pilot a mobile suit--which shouldn't have surprised him considering her earlier antics--that she had been able too steal it from the Fandom pilot, or the fact that she had just helped him to shoot down an enemy.

"Sorry, gotta go, bye-bye!" she said gleefully and darted towards the Ceres.

"Hey!" Strike shouted as he took off after her. What in the hell could she possibly be planning?
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Cybaster

-Emily and Masamune-

Emily blinked as the Psycoblaster only managed to take down one of the Duskraiders, rolling to the left and strafing in kind to avoid the Zetaplus' hip cannons before the Zetaplus pulled away from her and moved away, but she was not frustrated. Instead, as she eyed the Duskraiders from her new vantage point and the Sisquiede swinging back inwards towards the Light Warriors' formation, Emily turned her Beam Gatling on the Duskraiders from behind, blazing shots as she descended back towards the Sisquiede and Valsione, striking at the untouched Duskraider units with a mass of beam fire.

"Still, nice one, Miss Lune!' Emily smiled, waving her left hand. "The others will handle the Fandom, so we just need to wrap up here! Masamune, where are you?"

In reply, the Sisquiede swung upwards in a dash and flew by the Unicorn Gundam, quickly swerving back downwards as Masamune continued to circle around the Ceres, Beam Sabers drawn, eyeing ferally at Rachel and the Duskraider formation for an opportunity to charge in and disrupt their attack run. "What do you think, Imbecile?" Masamune retorted in a short humor. "You keep an eye on Lune, Emily, don't let them charge her. I'll see if I can make a little hit-and-run of my own..."

Emily nodded enthusiastically. "Got it!"

But as Masamune slapped his forehead in annoyance, he refrained from voicing a rampant thought that would not be useful here: there was no point in complaining now, but the best Masamune could do was to figure out how best to make do --- I wish I still had my Musou Attack here --- this would so be over by now if I did.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
SNT1

--Slug--
--Rachel--
--Duskraiders--

"How are we doing on numbers?"

"Not good; The Gareths are picked off one by one throughout; We have three fully operational Airmasters; Fandom is near depleted..."

"Damn!"

The situation gets from bad to worse as the local Enacts started firing on the sporadic Duskraiders. They dissolve further, now with each unit flying around in different vector. Of course it didn't help that one of the Enacts landed a lucky shot at the critical part of the wrist of Duskraider Three, disabling its left arm. "Gaaaah!"

The Unicorn attempts to finish off some of the Airmasters, their flights literally everywhere made it hard to finish off. D2 gets hit, but the range was too great to do realy good damage. D3, who floats lonely and slowly in one sector. As the Unicorn continued to pile on beam gatlings, Slug comes in to give D3 tug as he literally pulls it out of the way of beam fire. "Go!" He shouts as he throws her into the right direction---the exit into the sea.

"Rachel, what do we do; we're being literally pushed out!" Slug says as he took more beams from the gatling---good thing he was far away as he was definitely in the enemy crosshairs.

"Do not return fire on the Enacts!" Rachel instead says; not addressing the situation. Then she sees the Sisquiede, again, charging... again. Rachel instead decides to take him on; the Gundam Team has now taken a position where they could keep every single air unit from making a formation and string an attack run; with their strength in forces depleted in half, it slowly gets harder to damage the Ceres any further.

"Whatever you say, you nerd," Rachel taunts away from the ship as she flies back in mobile suit mode, with two, now three, GW bits further in the back. As she flies backwards, the range between her and the Sisquiede decreases, letting it come closer, with two of the three GW bits flooding its direction with buster rifle fire, if just to throw it off its groove.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Sume Gai

-Gareth 2-

The Gareth continued it's ascent climbing to even greater heights to evade the Falken's solid and beam fire. The pilot saw the Wurger charging and fired at the other machine with his right arm while the left was still trained on the Falken.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
hellbore

-Freedom-

Seeing the beam cannon do what amounted to nothing, Hellbore multi-locked the enemy Airmasters again and blazed away at them with the plasma cannons. He knew he need only hold them off until the Ceres escaped.

-Personal Troopers-

Sara flitted around the Hadron fire and quickly reloaded the Ochstan Rifle. She flipped the rifle to E mode barrage setting and fired at the ascending Gareth as she moved in an erratic path upwards and toward the KMF.

Jacob used the high mobility of the Wuerger to quick change direction twice, once away from the fire, and once again to correct his path. Still on target to hit the Gareth square on, Jacob pulled back the sword and passed the Gareth only to reverse direction and swing the sword in a large back hand from behind the KMF.
Sume Gai

-Gareth 2-

the Gareth began to bob and weave to evade the fire while he kept his fire focused on the Falken. As the Wurger passed the Gareth assumed that it had evaded the strike by its skill; The blow from behind came as a total surprise slicing the Gareth cleanly from the hip to the elbow. The eject system managed to activate in time to save the pilot from his machine exploding but it flew right over the Ceres where the CWIS turrets finished the job.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

hellbore

-Personal Troopers-

With the destruction of their last opponent, Sara and Jacob where free for a few moments. They moved closer to each other and surveyed the battlefield. The Ceres' upper decks were a smoking ruin, the rest of the team holding off the Federation air force, and the Fandom forces where being taken care of by the Zero and Delta Gundams. However, the local Enacts where being attacked by a smaller Armoured Module.

Sending a line to Sara, Jacob quickly outlined a plan. After a quick review, Sara agreed. Ramping up their Tesla Drives to full power both charged at the rampaging mini-mech.

Jacob drew back the right arm to smash the tip of the Crusher into the mech. Sara moved around to attack her from the rear, firing twice using both the solid and beam weapon simultaneously.

((OOC: I'm setting up for a Twin Bird Strike, but I wanna give SZ a chance to respond before overcroading my post))
Zangetsu

(OOC: It's called the Sonicscream.)

Zangetsu saw the torpedos coming and put up his breaker field to block them.

"You'll have to do better than that." he said.

He then boosted forward firing upon one of the Daughseat III with his Burst Railgun and closing in on another one were he fired his beam machine gun almost point blank.
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

Wingnut was now the one gritting his teeth, but for a different reason. Again, he had blocked the Gyan Kai's attack, but was having trouble holding it off.
That's some brutal power. Bet he gets it from that GN drive.

Using the Zero's own power, Wingnut was able to slide his own saber down the length of the Gyan Kai's own as he backed off from the Fandom unit to break the lock.
He then turned to face his adversary and opened fire with the shoulder machine cannons.

- Hong Kong Enact unit -

The lead Enact was quickly carved neatly into several pieces by the Fairlion's sonic blades and fell limply into the harbor.

It's comrades, eager to avenge their leader fanned out to surround smaller mech with one getting behind it and drawing its own sonic blade to make a charging thrust at the rear of the Fairlion.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Omega

-Zaine-

Noticing something going on in the tech shop, Zaine went to investigate. He had to be careful not to knock over some stuff, but once he was clear of that, He was rather surprised at what he saw. A girl with cables sticking out of her head was sitting on a table and one other 'person', who seemed to be little more than a busted skeleton. For once in his life, the young pilot was pretty confused...

"Um... What the heck is going on?" He asked.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis had been scrutinizing the PDAs which contained the original Plans for Micheal's body when to her surprise the familiar voice of Zaine clearly bewildered spoke.

"Well long story short Michael hasn't had a very good day and he needs a little tune up; and KITAI is getting accustomed to her own new body."

Talliis looked up quickly and nodded at Michael and KITAI in turn as she spoke quickly returning her gaze to the PDA.

"this is pretty intricate stuff and you've been pretty beat up; Michael, It could take a few days to fix this much less upgrade."

Omega

-Zaine-

It took a moment for him to contemplate what she said... when he heard the timeframe Tallis mentioned, Zaine quickly made an offer.

"If you need a hand, i'd be happy to help."

Zaine was hoping to be of some use, since a headless mech is the worst thing to fight in.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

"well to be honest I don't know if you could this stuff isn't exactly simple."

Tallis holds up a dizzyingly complicated circuit diagram on the PDA

"We'll have to build several boards like this from scratch and that's not even half the work and even if you can help Michael would have to give you permission first since it is his body."

Omega

-Zaine-

He went over to where Tallis was to get a closer look at the PDA. "Holy..." He understood very little of it, and the rest of the diagram confused the hell out of him. Bad idea...

"Well... would it be all right if I watch?" He was pretty curious on the matter, and how it was done.
Strike Zero

- Berith -

Berith quickly raised his shield to block as Wingnut fired, catching the bullets from the vulcan cannons and deflecting them.

This is not good. Berith thought to himself in the meantime. If this drags on too long, the opportunity to destroy their ship will be lost. I best end this as quickly as possible.

"Show me your warriors might, Gundam!" Berith challenged as charged at the Wing Zero shield first while using it to fire several needle missiles. Once he was in range, he delivered a powerful jab aimed directly for the Gundam's cockpit.

- Elya -

The Enact rushed in, and Elya parried, deflecting the Enact's sonic blade and flipping up and over it as it charged. "Hah! Too easy!"

No longer surrounded, she spun about to face her opponents. The four hair-braid attachments on the Fairlion's head locked into position and tracked onto a single Enact mobile suit each. "This is the end for you!" she chorused. "Rolling--!"

She was interrupted as her Fairlion was suddenly jostled by a burst of beam fire from above. She lost her lock and was sent reeling for a few meters. "What?!"

The sight of one of their own GN-X units swooping in to attack her left her taken aback for a moment, and she nearly allowed herself to be impaled by it lance as it charged. "Hey! What the heck are ya' doing?!" she cried as she dodged around the speeding mobile suit.

"Me? I think I'm just gonna kick your butt!" came the voice of a girl that Elya didn't recognize.

"Oh, yeah?!" Elya retorted, now fuming. "Says you!"

"No," came a new voice, "Says me!"

"Who the--AAAGH!!!"

The Delta Gundam had appeared out of nowhere and smashed the Fairlion with its shield, sending it tumbling through the air once again. The tiny machine recovered, and shoot its head left to right as if it were dazed.

The Delta Gundam motioned its arm towards the Enact squadron behind him. "You guys better retreat," Strike said. "Well take care of this one for you."

"You...! You...! This isn't fair!" Elya whined. "You big meanies! I'm gonna tear you apart!"
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Cybaster

-Emily and Masamune-

"Heads up, Masamune!"

"Wait, what? ---Heeeeey!!! What're you doing!?"

As Masamune continued his pursuit of Rachel, determined not to let her regroup with Slug or the other Duskraiders, he suddenly felt another extra pair of beam fire pelt the Sisquiede's I-Field in addition to the Buster Rifles fired behind him by the GW-Bits --- and looking up, he was just as surprised as everyone else probably was to see Emily firing at him. "Just keep moving, I know what I'm doing!" Emily cried out reassuringly, keeping her barrage for another few seconds, and Masamune shook his head in confusion...until he saw the shots from Emily's Beam Gatling bounce off him and at the GW-Bits, directly from the front, in a surprise attack.

Then it hit Masamune and he angrily waved his fist at the girl. "You...Imbecile! You're using me as a giant Reflector Incom!?"

"You're not hurt, are you?"

"No."

"I knew you wouldn't be." Emily smiled sweetly at that, turning the Unicorn back towards the Duskraiders and swerving upwards right evasively. Masamune sighed. "I'd never hurt you with friendly fire, that'd just plain stink. Right, keep going, we're almost out of this!" At that, the Unicorn Gundam paused slightly as she regrouped into the Valsione's left flank, waiting for Slug and the others' next move.

Inside the Valsione, Lune blinked in just as much confusion as Masamune did. "I'd never see that coming, kiddo, that's for sure, but is that such a good idea?"

Emily shrugged. "I'm positive I wouldn't hurt him."

"Well, as long as you know what you're doing then, Emily," Lune nodded and, turning her head right, winked at Emily with a smile that made Emily brighten up as well, giggling. "Next time, I wouldn't mind if you did that to Black Mage. He always deserved a good kick in the groin, so as long as he survives it? Be my guest. Do you still have that Beam Magnum with you?"

Emily nodded. Lune gave Emily an assuring thumbs-up. "Get ready to draw it again."

"'kay!"

"I heard that! You friendly fire me, Emily, and I'll face-stab you!"

At Black Mage's voice, both Lune and Emily grinned in unison. "Bite me, Black Mage!"

-Camilla and SPARTANs-

The Sonicscream's movements did not escape the underwater SPARTANs this time. Registering the accurate pings of the D-Navi, Camilla smiled deviously as the SPARTAN to her left rolled out of the way of the railgun shot and suddenly edged backwards in a sharp motion, diving deeper and facing the advancing Sonicscream before Zangetsu could blast her point-blank. She was nimble enough; Just before the shots were at range to threaten her Daughseat III, the water attenuation took their toll, causing the beams to disappear far short of its normal range and dissipate in a burst of bubbles and steam.

"You fool," Camilla taunted. "Just being in a Gundam doesn't completely protect you from death. Let me and the D-Navi show you this!"

Wielding her claws readily, Camilla dipped the Daughseat III's head once, firing off two torpedoes, and strafed to the left to look for an opening. Behind Zangetsu, the other two SPARTAN Daughseat IIIs closed in from behind as well, each firing a second torpedo from the Sonicscream's left and right flanks, following Camilla's firing solution in persistent attacks.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Omega

-Zaine-

After a moment, He realized he might hinder her efforts to fix Mike. "Um... forget I asked." He said as he went back towards the hangar, but stopped for a moment to say something. "...I need to talk to you about something, Tallis. When you have a free moment, let me know... All right?" He chose to wait for a response before leaving.
Zangetsu

Zangetsu turned on the breaker field to negate the torpedoes again.

'Hmph, I'm not very suited to under-water combat. So I'll have to try it.' he thought.

With the breaker field off he turned around and charged the two Daughseat IIIs behind him and fired several times with his burst railgun while getting in close to them. It was then he activated the breaker field and boosted forward at full speed, the water just barely slowing him down.

"Time to rip right through you annoying pests."
Last edited by Zangetsu on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SNT1

--Duskraiders--

They're being chased about; They can't even look back at the enemies as they are under fire, constantly, sensors whirling everytime. The last barrage again came from the Freedom, but since it wasn't going anywhere and staying in its place, the Airmasters were completely able to fly by the attacks. However, they could not retailate as it would take time to form up aagin, against units that are well ready for them this time.

--Rachel--

As she keeps pulling the Sisquiede further, her sensors indicate that her bits are getting pelted. Realizing they were utilizing the I-field to bounce the beams, she sounds a 'hmph,' calling out to the Unicorn, "Flashy move, honey, too bad you actually need to be IN range to hurt my mobile suits!" She calls out as the damage received were sporadic and very little.

Once the range was far enough, Rachel decides to turn on her own offense. With quick action and reflexes, the two firing GW bits switch to beam sabers and flew around, both charging and slashing at the same time at Sisquiede's left and right side. Rachel immediately slows down her flight to a near stop and pulls the beam shotgun, aims it at Sisquiede's torso, and blasts a missile attached at it along with the shotgun fire itself just outside melee range.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/