The Official Gundamn! Saji Crossroad Crew Fan Club

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
speedstriker

Well guys, as we can clearly see from episode 6, Saji's destiny seems to be a lot more involved in the conflict than we previously anticipated. After manning the gun and pulling the trigger(?) on Lousie, his role seems to draw closer to that of a combatant for the Celestial Being.

It's nice to finally see a decent development for Saji.
Mikhail

Yes Saji is finally getting with the program. He has learned his actions have consequenses and now we just have to see if he follows through. At this point i dont even want to see a Saji Meister. I will gladely accept a Saji that makes decisions and lives with them for better or worse.
thehod

and all it took was a Brightslap from Tieria.
raijinz

thehod wrote:and all it took was a Brightslap from Tieria.
NIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!! 8)
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

thehod wrote:and all it took was a Brightslap from Tieria.
That's an insult to the Brightslap. It was more like a standard come to your senses anime slap.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
ShadowCell

The Brightslap is distinguished by the distinct feeling of justice administered that permeates the viewer as it is performed. A distinct feeling of justice administered permeated me as Tieria slapped Saji. Therefore, I think it's fair to call Tieria's slap a Brightslap.

Of course, it was only, like, a Level 1 Brightslap. It was an okay manifestation of the nature of Brightslap, but it was still only a manifestation. To know the nature, the very essence of Brightslap, one must watch the master.

Besides, even with the Level 1 Brightslap, that still only gave Saji stones enough to run to the gun room. He had to sit there and angst for a minute before he actually pulled the trigger. A true Brightslap, delivered by the progenitor of Brightslaps himself, would have had Saji tearing down those GN-XIIIs with his teeth.
speedstriker

It's fine and dandy that Saji got himself, according to ShadowCell, a level 1 Brightslap, but more important is what will become of Saji afterwards?

Does the manning of the cannons truly represent Saji coming to terms with his previous, nearly hypercritical assumption that he and only he is the victim? This should be a clear indication to Saji's eventual fulfilment of his true destiny of becoming the manliest of man (second only to the Bear) in Gundam 00! 8)
To the end of the GALAXY!!!!
Damn, why is this line so catchy?
Areku

I like Saji, but I'm sorry, the only thing that will make him a manly-man is a Harlockon inspired eyepatch. Nothing short of that could possibly help him overcome his current status of Manboy, the Boy trying to become a Man.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Areku wrote:I like Saji, but I'm sorry, the only thing that will make him a manly-man is a Harlockon inspired eyepatch. Nothing short of that could possibly help him overcome his current status of Manboy, the Boy trying to become a Man.
Why you have insult the dead?

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Areku

hawk of endymion wrote:Why you have insult the dead?
Insult? I thought it was a complement to say that Saji's only path to badassness was to mimic our dearly departed Irishman's sense of style. With the word only automatically meaning Harlockon's the badassest thing ever :P
Lans

ShadowCell wrote:A true Brightslap, delivered by the progenitor of Brightslaps himself, would have had Saji tearing down those GN-XIIIs with his teeth.
Quoted for truth.

Nevertheless, it's nice to see him shade off his 'I'm not like them' toward CB or Cataron. I’m really looking forward to see more Arthurian action next week.
hawk of endymion

Areku wrote:
hawk of endymion wrote:Why you have insult the dead?
Insult? I thought it was a complement to say that Saji's only path to badassness was to mimic our dearly departed Irishman's sense of style. With the word only automatically meaning Harlockon's the badassest thing ever :P
No, nothing will make Saji badass.

The insult was speaking of Saji and Harlockon in the same sentence.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Areku

hawk of endymion wrote:No, nothing will make Saji badass.

Eh, if a timid little Amuro clone could grow up to become Jamil Neate, the other total badass of Gundam, anything is possible.
Wingnut

Areku wrote:
hawk of endymion wrote:No, nothing will make Saji badass.

Eh, if a timid little Amuro clone could grow up to become Jamil Neate, the other total badass of Gundam, anything is possible.
Not this time. Saji is far too overrated to become anything more than he is now.
Time may yet prove me wrong, but until it does Saji does not deserve all the attention he gets.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Areku

Wingnut wrote:Not this time. Saji is far too overrated to become anything more than he is now.
Time may yet prove me wrong, but until it does Saji does not deserve all the attention he gets.
I'll point out that being overrated =/= lack of potential for growth. If anything, it's the opposite. But if you really think he's taken up too much attention so far, wouldn't you want to get something back on that investment and see him become something more? But yes, I agree that so far he's been underwhelming, which is how this whole debate started :P

Sheesh, hatin' on Saji in his own thread...
Wingnut

Areku wrote:Sheesh, hatin' on Saji in his own thread...
I never really cared much either way for him. Given the mess he's gotten himself into now, he should either get some major improvements to his previous character traits, or end up dead and out of the way of everyone else. Either way, it needs to happen either in the next episode or the one after that, otherwise it's the Scrappy Heap for him.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
hawk of endymion

It's actually nice to see karma come back on high and mighty Saji.

For everyone who thinks he is the common man, I really hope the common man isn't as self-centered and naive as Saji is.

I think wingnut has earned a Neo salate for his analysis on Ding Arthur.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

speedstriker

What's going on with this club, guys? Now that Saji has taken his first step toward being King Arthur, no one is even talking about it?

Here's source:
http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... lothg1.jpg
To the end of the GALAXY!!!!
Damn, why is this line so catchy?
Heecarl_Reez

I saw that coming..I saw that...I......

Still give me a shock though..I hope he will give his best anyway.

Now,Setsuna really needs to get a copy of Zeta Gundam and made Saji watch it. :D