AmuroNT1's Bag O' Code Geass FAQ

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Chris
Administrator

AmuroNT1's Bag O' Code Geass FAQ

For our next numbered episode, we're going to be wrapping up our coverage of Code Geass R2. Since we've talked about the show so much, we probably won't be covering Code Geass again for a very long time. Because of that, AmuroNT1 wants people to ask questions about the show, manga, novels or games. He'll find the answers and discuss them on the show. General questions are acceptable, but it's really better if it's something you can't easily find an answer to. You can ask pretty much anything you want about Geass. Although we haven't nailed down when we'll be recording the next episode, it'll probably be Sunday, Nov. 2. Since it'll take Amuro time to find the answers, we'll be cutting off questions on Friday, Oct. 31 at 11:59 P.M. Start asking away, and we'll try to cover as many questions as we can on the show.

EDIT: Please don't ask stuff like "is Lelouch dead?"
Last edited by Chris on Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
AmuroNT1

Re: AmuroNT1's Bag O' Code Geass FAQ

Chris wrote:EDIT: Please don't ask stuff like "is Lelouch dead?"
For the record, I'll probably answer this first just to get it out of the way. And yes, there's a definitive answer.

EDIT: Also, I feel the need to throw in a disclaimer here. Some questions (quite a few, I imagine) might end up with non-answers; something along the lines of "we don't know", "the staff didn't say", or "that plotline was dropped". The fact of the matter is Code Geass' staff left a whole mess of plot threads dangling (of their own volition), and had to completely excise several more (due to the scheduling problems related to R2's time shift). If your question ends up being one of the ones I have to give a cop-out answer, I apologize in advance. Trust me, it annoys me as much as it does you.
Last edited by AmuroNT1 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Soul Bro Ryu

I have one.

Is Marianne dead?

Inquiring minds want to know. ^_^

(J/K. I'll save my real questions for the segment. Prepare for a grilling!)
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Ohmygodiamonfire

Q1: Was it ever explained who Orange-kun's Geass canceller works?
Destiny_Gundam

How is it that Destiny_Gundam knew all along Nunnally wasn't dead? What kind of super procognitive stallion is he?! :wink:

In all seriousness, I don't have any questions. I understood pretty much everything that went on in the show.

I'm sure you'll cover the basic "What was your favourite KMF, episode, male character and female character?" questions.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Areku

Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:Q1: Was it ever explained who Orange-kun's Geass canceller works?
Well, presumably it works by undoing the modifications done to the brain by Geass (such as undoing Chuckles' memory wipes and Lelouch's commands), and in the process also heals damage done to the brain by Geass (hence, Lelouch can reuse his Geass). However, in order to fully answer this, I think we need to pose another question (which I was about to post, and this is why I'm responding directly to your question).

Beyond Lelouch's deductions early in R1, has there been any extra information on how Geass works? By that, I mean sub-questions like:
  • Why does Lelouch need to make direct eye contact when Rolo does not?

What determines what one's Geass will be?

What is it about Geass that allows it's power to increase over time (and use)?

How does the Code function? Ie, how does the immortality/regeneration work, and what enables a Code-holder to bestow Geass?

Which came first: Code or Geass?

How did the answer to the previous question first come into being?
Also, have there been any indications on the nature/origin of Suzaku's "superhuman" abilities?
Kavik Ryx

Why/how did CC suppress her code?
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Destiny_Gundam wrote:How is it that Destiny_Gundam knew all along Nunnally wasn't dead? What kind of super procognitive stallion is he?! :wink:
You weren't the only that said she wouldn't die.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
yazi88

Destiny_Gundam wrote:How is it that Destiny_Gundam knew all along Nunnally wasn't dead? What kind of super procognitive stallion is he?! :wink:
Well I can answer this one easily, its because he's CANADIAN PEDOBEAR! He's had his sights on Nunally for a little too long, then came Anya..... :twisted:

Actually I do have a question for AmuroNT1, is there any info about Nina having a traumatic experience in her past that makes her extremely twitchy bitchy around elevens?

Also another question, what the hell happened to Sayako at the end?

Last question to the Gundamn! crew (and AmuroNT1 of course) are you satisfied with the show. (Already know Neo's opinion from a geass thread)
Destiny_Gundam

hawk of endymion wrote:weren't the only that said she wouldn't die.
Yeah, but those others aren't as awesome as I am :lol:
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
CanadaMan

Was it ever revealed what C.C.'s true name was?
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
T.V.

Beyond Season 1's foreshading is there any other material that delves into Spinzaku's special relation with Geass and/or C.C?

Also, is there any (new) information on what Goro Tanaguchi had to change for season 2, compared to what he planned initially?
Other than that, is there any reason why so many plot threads were started only to be ignored later on?
(As in, were they intended to be finished but couldn't due to circumstances, or the staff didn't care, etc.)

Besides Orange-kun, are there any other characters who got more/less/different exposure due to fan reaction?

Edit:
(This is more of a general question directed at all the Gundamn! talking heads, and not neccesarely just AmuroNT and deals with personal impressions rather than production facts.)

I'm also curious which character you thought had the most deserved/fitting death*, and who's character arc was handled the best.

*Personally I'd say Diethard since his character arc came to a close after having a pretty consistent showing/influence throughout R1 and R2, and was concluded very fittingly in the end.

P.S.
Have any of you been (slightly) miffed at Orange's super duper revival?
I mean, I liked him in R1, but his survival and 'superbadass' role in R2 felt like it influenced the plot in a way it shouldn't have.
I'd say it would've been better to give him exposure in flashbacks surrounding Marianne's death when they decided to give him more prominence because of fan appeal, but now he became an important player in current events even though it felt tacked on.
IMHO he became Code Geass' Mary Sue, considering how his reappearance has been handled by the production staff.
Last edited by T.V. on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rurushu Ranperuji

He's alive damn it! I will hear no more of this other nonsense! Even is he was dead he'd come back and save all of us, I mean he's our Lelouch! /Jesus syndrome

No but really, was it ever explained how V.V. got his code? C.C.'s was inherited, I'd assume his was too, but when and how? Picture drama, or novel details perhaps? Realistically probably not, but maybe I missed something.
Zeonic Glory

Were there any characters that you thought should have had a different fate in the end?

Is the Guren S.E.I.T.E.N. faster than the Lancelot Albion?

What exactly is the Needle Blaze of the Tristan?
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Reven

What do you guys think of Schneizel's plan to basicly nuke every captial city on the planet?
Chris wrote: Hey, the Guntank a piece of crap. Long Live the Hildolfr!
yazi88

Would you do compare this show to an earlier Sunrise show which I've just seen recently, GASARAKI? I've found quite a few similarities (and differences of course)
Chris
Administrator

Reven wrote:What do you guys think of Schneizel's plan to basicly nuke every captial city on the planet?
yazi88 wrote:Would you do compare this show to an earlier Sunrise show which I've just seen recently, GASARAKI? I've found quite a few similarities (and differences of course)
I'm not sure about what Amuro is going to choose to answer, but these questions don't really fit into the mold of a FAQ. These are opinion questions, not questions for which there's an objective explanation or a "yes or "no" answer.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
AmuroNT1

Honestly, yeah. I was more aiming for more fact-based questions than opinion-based ones. I can still answer the easy ones, like "What's your favorite character/KMF/episode?", but some are a bit harder (for example, I haven't seen Gasaraki). ^_^;;
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
skyknight

OK, let's do some fact-based question.

How did u think Charles found the time and resource to modify the memories and surroundings of Ashford Academy, and what memories did Charles know what to erase and what to keep? This was one of the gripes that I had for R2, since it took a big chunk of the series in the beginning.

In terms of the knightmare frames, how you suppose the pilot's compatibility is determined? Lloyd wanted to keep Suzaku alive in S1 as he was the best pilot for Lancelot, and in R2 he mentioned that a pilot of 60% compatibility is dangerous to pilot the Guren 8+... (that ridiculous long name), and do you ever wonder how proficient Kallen is with knightmare frame?

Of course, let's not forget the whole GUNDAM'jacked plot in the later series of R2, why would Lloyd and Cecile leave the upgraded Guren (as they thought Suzaku would be the better pilot) behind and not take it with them :shock:

And I'll think of more when I have time.
yazi88

Chris wrote:
I'm not sure about what Amuro is going to choose to answer, but these questions don't really fit into the mold of a FAQ. These are opinion questions, not questions for which there's an objective explanation or a "yes or "no" answer.
Sorry about that, I was kinda rambling on there and didn't notice but I'll stick with questions with regard of FAQs. Like this one:

Are there any news/announcements for new Geass games? Cause since R2 is finished maybe a sequel to the DS game of 1st season's cause it was awesome.