TARRRPG Chapter 10: The Gold Monster (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Omega

-Byakuya-

The Beam Shotgun blasts did prove to be a problem. They were slowly doing more Damage. At the right Distance, he simply dodges to the right, leaving the ZetaPlus to get hit by the next blast. switching out the sword for the rifle, He takes aim to disable the optics of the Airmaster.
Kylern

-DC Lounge-

Kylern's drink came out and like Natalia he had ordered a beer too. And like her he drank it straight from bottle instead of from a glass. He remembered getting looks while in France when he had done that but here nobody cared. That was good because he had no intention of changing habits now.

After drinking a bit Natalia looked at Kylern and gave a sigh. "So what are we doing now? Command hasn't given any orders yet..."

Kylern just sighed and stared around the place at its ghostliness. Nobody was around and it was rather quiet except for them talking now. "Don't know yet. Maybe we will be sent on some suicide mission of sorts. Or maybe another nutcase will try to kill Bian." This was a joke of course but he wouldn't be surprised if Fandom did try it again. Fandom never seemed to learn from past failures and kept trying the same thing over and over with similar results.

"Don't even joke about that. Bian is the whole reason I exist and I would die for his dreams." Natalia replied rather irritatedly as she finished off her first bottle.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Omega

-Byakuya-

Alarms started to make apparent a problem. the shotgun blasts had done more damage than he originally surmised, and the arm had malfunctioned and fallen off due to the earlier attack. "We'll meet again..." Byakuya said as he quickly disengaged and left the battle in another direction, taking him away from the squadron of pilots who almost killed him.
SNT1

--Slug--
--Rachel--

Rachel holds off the third shotgun blast to avoid hitting Slug behind, who's coming and looking to slice up the GN-X some.

Apparently, the GN-X had enough for now, and went off the other way. Just as the three GW-bits arrived at the scene, with one of them holding two beam sabers.

"And... and... stay out, you... Overrated lizard!" Rachel exclaims in victory.

"Heh cheesy..." Slug adds.

"...shutup."

"So, why are your friends not so talkative?" Slug talks about the GW-bits, as he tries to contact the party, "Yo, ... do you even have radio on? What a bunch of weirdies..."

He doesn't... know? Rachel thinks. Not even Slug knew that those units were under her absolute and direct control. He doesn't even know that I'm a...

"I'll... explain later," Rachel says...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Zangetsu

Zangetsu landed with the medical team that had gone down to the battlefield. "Well some is better then none, as far as people are concerned." he said as he decended to the hangar floor. He sat down next to the Sonicscreams foot after getting a soda from the machine. "What are we gonna do if they keep employing thoose tactics?" he asked outloud.
Omega

-Zaine-

Zaine had heard Zangetsu's question and went to give an answer. "We take 'em out before they do..." Zaine said, not realizing his voice had an angry tone to it. "...That's all we can do."
Zangetsu

"Tch if only it were that simple, at any time during the battle they could've launched those. Sure we would've been fine but the millita would've been whipped out. We couldn't have saved them or could we have? I don't know but, I do know that I can't let the same thing happn to people I know." Zangetsu said as he stood up.

"Do you know what has to be done to protect others? Total self-sacrifice, plan and simple. You give everything you have to make sure the ones you care about don't get hurt. I failed once by letting Gai die, twice by causing the greif to hurt Tallis, and now the enemy has brought out weapons that can wipe out entire squadrons." he said growing angier by the minute.
Omega

-Zaine-

"..." Zaine hadn't expected Zangetsu's response. Now he had something to think about. though he decided he'd clear his head on the matter later.

"What do you know about the man who basiclly lodged a knife in Tallis when he killed that Gai fellow, anyway?" Zaine asked Zangetsu.
Zangetsu

"....!" Zangetsu focused on the question. ".............Wan. It was Wan who did it." he said. "I hadn't realised it was him till now. It had to have been him that killed Gai and when I went to look for gai he attacked me!

looking at Zaine Zangetsu decied to answer his question. "Wan is a pilot who taste for mechs are very similar to Gai's. He only piolts mechs from Code Geass, knightmar frames. He favors the Gurren a close combat expert with high offensive and defensive capabilities as well as high mobility. Still he shouldn't have been able to beat Gai alone. So the safe bet is that he wasn't. Given that he had to have put a team together, of eitherGekkas or Akutsukis with flight packs."

"That man! He caused Tallis so much pain and killed Gai. I....I....I WILL NEVER FORGIVE HIM!" Zangetsu shouted as he was enveloped in his anger and then......

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!" Zangetsu screamed as his head was engulfed in pain. His eyes flashed from their normal brown to glowing yellow, switching back and forth every few momments. Every newtype on board would eaisly be able to feel this outburst.

(OOC: As people react someone cue a medical team to take him to the infirmary.)
Omega

-Zaine-

Zaine was a bit caught off-guard when Zangetsu screamed in pain. "...Hey! Are you all..." he realized his question was probably the reason Zangetsu was in pain right now. he went to find help, and returned a moment later with a medical team to take Zangetsu to the Infirmary.
Zangetsu

The medical team acted quickly. They pinned and tied Zangetsu down on a stretcher before putting some anestetic in him to force him to sleep. After he had quieted down they wheeled him to the infirmary quickly. His sleep was very restless but, the doctors had done all they knew how. All that remained was for him to awaken.
Omega

-Sidewinder Base-

After arriving at the base, Ruka's Dagger L is connected to a charge station and powered up enough to open the cockpit and find Ruka in there unconscious, having lost a decent amount of blood due to banging her head against the monitor. Thus she is immediately rushed to the infirmary.
Kylern

-DC Lounge-

"I get it, I get it. No more jokes." He placed his hands in front of him trying to cool her down so she didn't hit him. Then he took a drink watching as she already finished one off.

"You better be. If not I'll make sure your mech is in pieces by the end of the day." She seemed serious and then ordered another beer.

Poor Kylern had no idea what to say or what to do next so he just relaxed. Speaking of him mech he wondered how his TEMJIN was doing? Did they repair the damage done by the Legend? He was sure they had because the mechanics here were wizzes and tended to get things done pretty quickly. That and he felt as if he might need it before too long... He felt slightly paranoid for some reason and it was starting to bother him. It wasn't one of those Newtype like bad feelings that typically spelled disaster from what he had seen on Gundam but a sense of deja vu gone bad.

"Hey Natalia I know you told me not to joke anymore so I'm not. Do you honestly think Fandom would attempt to attack this island again now that the Gundams are gone?" He asked rather seriously.

"Hell should I know. But I swear they will pay for damaging my Lion if they show up!" This was followed by her punching her palm hard. She was ready to fight but first she needed to drink this last beer.
Sume Gai

Raven/Wraith

It had taken Raven less than an hour to get what he needed. According to the Data the DC was nearing a point where Aidoneus Island would return to full operating condition. It was a point that was easily exploitable; the guards would relax again and likely be less observant. In addition, threat detection would be entrusted to mechanical systems and their operators would. due to working the odd hours of an incomplete and paranoid base. be somewhat lax in observation.

He had to act now, and that meant alone. Raven quickly readied the 008 and left; under cover of darkness and Mirage Colloid he would sneak onto Aidoneus Island and kill Bian Zoldark.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
hellbore

-Hellbore-

Hellbore was standing around the Freedom when the psychic force emanating from Zangetsu hit him. It was powerful enough to bring him to his knees. He forced himself to his feet ans staggered over to the nearest intercom on the wall. He mashed to activation button and all but yelled into it. "Need a medical team in hanger, Something wrong with Zangetsu." He was having trouble concentrating on his words. He slipped back down to his knees and leant against the wall, unable to support his weight any longer.

-Aidoneous Island-

The doctor had just finished his call to Bian Zoldark when a short bespectacled woman walked into the office. "Hello doctor, I'm Dr. Hakase from the R&D division. I have instructions from Dr. Shu Shirakawa to retrieve one Capt. Jacob Fàkin of the Fandom. He will be moved to the lab off our MS development hanger."
Slightly lost by the woman's announcement, the doctor straightened a little in his chair. "I'm sorry, Doctor, Hakase, was it, bit the prisoner cannot be moved. He was recently sedated and he was extremely violent when he awoke earlier. Also his level of cybernetic integration is amazing for such recent work, we need to..."
"Any such research will be carried out by the R&D division," Hakase interrupted. "It wasn't a request, the Captain is being moved as we speak. Think of this as a courtesy." With that the diminutive woman turned and left the office. The doctor fell back into his chair and let out a long breath.
"Why do we always attract the eccentric ones?" he asked the empty office.
Wingnut

- Ryker -

"Sir, all recovery teams are back on board and the ship is secure."

"Very well." said Ryker.

"Get us underway and set course for Hong Kong."

The Ceres lifted off from the ground and after turning around, headed for the neutral port city of Hong Kong.

- Wingnut -

Leaving Zero's cockpit, Wingnut went to the pilot lounge for a root beer, which he then drank down in two large gulps and crushed the empty can in frustration at his inability to see the missiles coming in time to stop them with the Zero system.
Damn it all. Even with my knowledge of the system it still wasn't enough to save them. I was too focused on the Gilgazamune to see the rest of the battlefield.

He then headed up to the bridge where he found the Light Warriors minus Black Mage along with some guy he didn't know.

"Sir, I'm ready to take responsibility for the failure of the mission. I could have launched sooner and I was too focused on the lone metal armor to be in a position to stop the attack."

"It's not your failure to take responsibility for, Wingnut. Sometimes things just happen like this and even with the best technology and training, there simply isn't anything that can be done about it." replied Ryker.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
SNT1

--Slug--

With the GN unit's 'intervention' out of the way the trip was once again rather quiet and serene.

~~~

A few minutes after landing in the Tokyo base, Slug was met with a barrage of questions from Antonio. 'Was it handling all right?' 'How's the balance?' 'Was the power noticeable?' Things like that that Slug had to answer like a robot. Looking around, as he parks far away from the real military folks, he sees the Jet Dagger with minimal damage on its functional parts yet it was out completely that one of the units had to carry it for a ride. The rookie, Slug remembers Rachel talking about it.

Speaking of Rachel, she had something to say; it seemed so important that her voice actually lowered saying it. But after Slug's wandering around, she's nowhere to be found. A couple of pilots and mechanics he asked had seen her around, but that was moments ago apparently.

"Meh," Slug says, as he heads towards a lounge, grabs a beer, then chills for a bit. It's been an awful long day in Asia.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Cybaster

(Here's hoping I'm IC with Lune.)

-Lune and Emily-

As Julian saluted and left the bridge altogether after giving Wingnut a passing glance, Emily's dreamy look faded --- almost instantly. The helplessness of the previous situation, and the reality of failure, came back to her as she remembered the devastation and, before Masamune and Kirie could stop her, Emily walked away and back towards the windows, pressing her hands against the glass wistfully, staring outside. Her lips were curled in a sad frown as Emily looked.

Emily suddenly looked up and to her right as Lune's hand pressed gently down on her shoulder. Lune winced at Emily's look; even an idiot could tell that Emily was depressed over the Gundam Team's failure to save much of the rebels, and Lune wasn't helping much --- yet. "You okay, kiddo?" Lune asked, squeezing Emily's shoulder a little, and shook her head with slight bitterness; Even as gentle as Lune was, Emily felt a tight, strong grip from her hand from years of Power Wrist training. "No, of course you aren't, it's a stupid question. I'm sorry, Emily."

"No, it's alright, Miss Lune..." Emily sighed, turning back to the outside. "Just wondering if I'm even...about, well, um, stuff and..."

Lune knew what Emily was talking about at once and knelt down until her eyes were even with Emily's. "Hey, kiddo." Lune asserted. "It's not your fault; It's not Kirie's fault, either. What the Fandom just did made me angry, too, but...I've learned from Dad that sometimes these things happen by chance, Emily. Even you and me couldn't have predicted that the Fandom would pull this, and if you did you couldn't have done anything about it in time, either."

"I, I know, Miss Lune, but I don't feel this is right," Emily bit her lip. "My build should've been able to cover this and do something about it even standing here, just like I should've been able to save---"

"We can't win 'em all, kiddo." Lune interjected quickly, sighing and standing again. Emily paused, sagging a little. "We can't ever win 'em all. You're human, Emily, don't ever forget that. The person who says he has won everything is a bloody, dirty liar."

At that, Emily looked up and gave Lune a small, wry smile. "I just wish I'm still useful enough to help you, Miss Lune."

"You are helping a lot, kiddo." Lune answered, and her hand went from Emily's shoulder to her head, ruffling her hair assuringly. Emily's apparently new schoolgirl crush on Julian Starstrider aside --- Lune knew how Emily felt in that regard, at least. Nah...Masaki's cuter, anyway, Lune eventually decided --- she was quite alright. "More than you ever know." And then, smiling, Lune leaned in to whisper in Emily's ear a little. "Just blame Black Mage if you're still feeling down. It's what I'd do, the little creep!"

That caused Emily to giggle and forget her troubles, and Lune's smile widened.

-Black Mage-

And in the Ceres' hanger, looking over the survivors as they were being brought in to the infirmary, Black Mage suddenly, inexplicably, sneezed.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Kylern

-DC Lounge-

Natalia looked over at Kylern as he seemed rather off. His constant comments on an attack were starting to unnerve her a bit since he seemed serious about it. So after running it over in her head she decided to ask him about it.

"Is something wrong?" It was simple but it was enough to grab his attention.

Kylern looked at Natalia and tried to fake a smile. "Of course not. I'm just feeling a twisted version of deja vu." He had no real idea what the hell was happening except it might have to do with his other selves. Maybe it was something to do with Kyle since he still had no idea Kayla was even alive at this point.

"Hmm Okay... if you say so." She still felt somewhat concerned knowing that nothing about this guy was normal for this world. Speaking of which she had to ask about his name since it didn't seem normal at all. "Something has been bothering me. Whats with your name? Obviously its a codename right cause no mother in her right mind would name her kid that."

Kylern cocked an eyebrow since this was the first time someone had questioned his name. "Well its my screen name on Mechatalk. My real name is top secret, not that anyone in this world cares. But basically its a play on of my middle name." Of course he wouldn't say his middle name but clues were it was the name of a certain rebel pilots in space with a chip on his shoulder.

"Interesting..." She contemplated before finishing her second bottle of beer.