TARRRPG Chapter 10: The Trinary Sea/Chapter 11 (Space)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Strike Zero

- Cain -

"All right. Tell His Majesty that the Steel Dragon accepts his offer," Byakuya replied. "However... I would like permission to carry out an independent operation."

Cain nodded assent. "His majesty expected as much. You may do as you wish. Just remember... in exchange for your new position of power, your loyalty and obedience to the Prince must now be absolute. Otherwise..."
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Omega

-Byakuya-

Byakuya simply nodded before turning to leave. he powered up his Tau Drive, then shot off in the direction of Earth.
Wingnut

- Maarek Stele -

Maarek smiled as he saw the psyrods deploy. "I was waiting for you to do that."
Stele rocketed up over the beam shots and deployed 4 fin funnels. One at each of the psyrods and began shooting at them. He then continued to press the attack with several shots from the beam rifle.

- Alex Smith -

Seeing the beam shots deflect off of the planet defensors, Alex stowed the rifles as he dodged the fire from the shorty rifles and closed in with both beam sabers now drawn and firing the 90mm machine cannons all the way in as he made a horizontal slash on one of the Mercurius units.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

-Melodius-

"You've learned nothing, have you? These aren't just weapons --- they're extensions of my consciousness. You'll have to do better for that boring old attack to hit them!"

Then the oddest thing happened. As the Fin Funnels pursued the Psyrods, the Psyrods nimbly curled around the blasts, dodging them, leading the Funnels on --- then the right Psyrods lunged at the Funnels, blazing with electromagnetic energy, and counterattacked. Seeing Stele's beam rifle begin firing, Melodius reacted in turn, and drew his own Beam Saber as the Dezpada approached and charged, spinning it defensively, batting aside Stele's beam shots with quick reflexes (but not before one of the shots managed to land a hit on the left binder, which was quickly sealed off but caused a slight power loss to the binder thrusters there).

With a quick slice, the Dezpada then stabbed downwards towards the MP Nu Gundam's head, followed by a lunge and a smooth forward jab.

-SPARTANs-

The two Mercuriuses Alex were fighting attacked and defended in tandem, the first with Planet Defensors still deployed and blocking the vulcan fire just as the second, with Crash Shield lit, sliced down at the Qu Rai's Beam Saber, batting it away from the first Mercurius. Shortly after, the second Mercurius' Crash Shield countered with a slash at the Qu Rai's left arm, while the first Mercurius' Shorty Rifle fired a short burst at him from behind.

This action left one of the Vayeates open, however, and Mellia's Beam Saber slice managed to catch it just as it was about to fire a second blast at the Grey Wolf. Wordlessly, the Vayeate was carved into two, and blew up in a bright energy fireball, but the other three Vayeates had finished charging at this time and, now closer to the Grey Wolf, fired three large Beam Blasts at the ship again while moving back closer to the Mercuriuses.

The other pair of Mercuriuses raised both Planet Defensors in a semi-circle field to parry Maria's shots --- they did not need to dodge Maria's shots at that range --- and countered with their Shorty Rifles in turn, Crash Shields raised to add extra defence to their attacking one of the twins.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Sume Gai

The Twins

Mellia did not stay to relish her kill but rather as the Veyeates fired again she transformed and charged another this time from behind; She launched two of her Grappling stingers, one at the lower back and another at a part that she believed to be some kind of energy condenser for the rifle. The edges of the rocket propelled kunai glowed as the beam edges came to life.

Maria evaded the shorty beam rifles with a flip like maneuver as she continued to fire the Beam Gatling; switching targets slightly to fire at the Planet Defensers rather than the machines main bodies. If she couldn't break the field she would hold their attention till Mellia could move in.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Omega

-Byakuya-

Earth... Haven't seen it in a while... Byakuya thought back on several things, but they were unimportant as he needed to reach Earth.
A bit of Debris floated by; which was bigger than the GN-X he was piloting. a quick jab with the GN Lance gives him a makeshift shield as he rode into the atmosphere towards the ocean between Japan and China.
Wingnut

- Maarek Stele -

"If you insist." Maarek said as he drew his own beam saber to parry Melodius's attacks.

His fin funnels then stopped attacking the psyrods... and now positioned between the rods and the Dezpada fired at the wires that connected them to their host mobile suit.

Maarek then increased the range between the two by flying towards the Mercurius and Vayeate units.

- Alex Smith -

One Mercurius was easy enough to deal with. Two was a bit of a problem, but it was worth it to allow the Jegan teams to open fire on the other Vayeate units while the sisters kept the other pair busy.
He held off one with his left saber while activating the right beam shield to block fire from the second as he spun around in place. He then thrust upward and drew his right rifle and fired back at the unit that shot at him then looked at the other and fired the large caliber vulcans in the head at it.

- Grey Wolf -

The ship was fairly well equipped for dealing with long range beam fire thanks to the exploits of the Osprey in the African desert. Anti-beam chaff was fired shortly after the Vayeate's shots were determined to be inbound on the ship. They were slightly late however and a blast managed to hit the ship taking out the forward part of the starboard catapult as well as some general hull damage which was quickly isolated by containment bulkheads.

"Evasive action. Target the blue mobile suits and open fire." shouted Rawn.

The three forward turrets turned to starboard and took careful aim so as not to hit their own units and fired three salvos at the Vayeate formation.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

-Melodius-

"I don't think so."

As Melodius and the Dezpada advanced, he could not retract the Psyrods in time. One of Stele's Fin Funnels managed to catch one of the Psyrods and, with a well-placed shot, severed it. However, as Melodius pursued and pressed his attack, the remaining three Psyrods circled around --- and moved in front of Stele. Positioned and surrounding the MP Nu Gundam, the Psyrods emitted their energy around and at it as the Dezpada rocketed upwards and turned, firing a burst of yellow beams at the Fin Funnels to catch Stele on two fronts.

-SPARTANs-

The two Mercuriuses that Alex fought moved back at once, Planet Defensors deployed to catch the variety of shots that he fired, and returned fire with their Shorty Rifles, sending a total of four shots at the Qu Rai. Having caught onto Alex's game, however, the two were moving back, closer towards the Vayeates and the other two Mercuriuses.

A little too late, however, as a second Vayeate was caught by the Grey Wolf's subsequent barrage and got its Beam Cannon shot, forced to let it go as it exploded; Mellia's attack managed to carve another Vayeate's right leg off. Moving back, that single Vayeate fell back without any offensive means, while the two other Vayeates that did have them switched to a lower-powered, quicker mode of fire, and shot a volley at the incoming Twins.

The two Mercuriuses Maria fought kept their parry up, aligning their Planet Defensors together to block her Beam Gatling shots in a spray of sparks while, now together, the four Mercuriuses collapsed their formation in and brought their Shield Wall back up, covering a 270 degree angle of fire around the three Vayeates.
Last edited by Cybaster on Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sume Gai

The Twins

As the two stingers missed Mellia retracted them on their cables. The Twins then used a series of complex rolls and boosts to evade the fire and reposition themselves. Now that they were together they were far more dangerous.

Alex would soon receive a transmission in which were a series of target points and times. If Alex consented they would launch a coordinated strike. Maria would start by using a series of missiles to blind the Murcuriuses' then she and Alex would use combined fire to pound the shield and hopefully the Planet Defensors. during this Mellia would move behind the group and fire all four of her Stingers at the group.

Faste

As the battle continued Faste held his own against now three Jegans.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Wingnut

- Maarek Stele -

"Trying to surround and shock me? That won't work either." Maarek said as he recalled his fin funnels back to him as he moved further away and drew the hyper bazooka from his backpack. He then fired off three rounds of scattering pellets designed to damage and jam electronics. Those would likely keep the psyrods off him long enough to re-deploy two fin funnels around and behind the shield the Mercurius units had put up and attack them from behind.

- Alex Smith -

Smith activated his beam shields to stop the shots from the beam rifles and then got the transmission from the twins.
Not bad for a pair of robot chicks.
"Roger, proceed." said Alex over the comm to the twins as he drew both rifles and opened fire with them and the shoulder machine cannons at the designated points and times.

- Jegan Teams -

It was turning out to be a stalemate between the older and newer Jegan models as neither side had been able to land a killing blow. Between the customizations of the pirate units and the higher specs of the Normal types, the two groups were unable to make any headway against each other.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

-Melodius and SPARTANs-

"You've gotten better," Melodius nodded, and as the scattering pellets stopped the Psyrods in a burst of stunning energy, leaving them afloat momentarily, the Dezpada used the opportunity to move forward, blaze past Stele, and move in front of him. At that time, one of the Mercuriuses Alex fought was caught from behind by the Fin Funnels and exploded; the rest of the Vayeates, and another Mercurius, would be incinerated by the combined fire from the Twins and Alex's Qu Rai.

That's far enough.

"All units, fall back at once!" Melodius ordered quickly, and moved at a full retreat away from the battlefield, the Dezpada limping from a previous hit from Stele's Nu Gundam while retracting all three remaining Psyrods. At that order, the two remaining Mercuriuses turned promptly and began retreating as well but, at that reduced speed, Melodius frowned, Stele would no doubt be able to catch up to the Dezpada...and pretty much everyone else. "Mr. Evist, that includes you as well. Fall back at once and abort the mission!"

It had seemingly been overall a blunder --- Melodius' group had not managed to destroy a single one of the Grey Wolf's Mobile Suits, and now, Stele and Rawn had the perfect opportunity to finish Melodius off --- once and for all. On top of the Pirate Guild, his Master would not be pleased at all if what Melodius had hoped for failed...
Sume Gai

Faste

"very well" With that Faste and his men launched a combination of flares and Asteroid Balloons as cover and fell back along with Melodious' own troops.

"Mr. Greye I do hope you realized that was the most likely outcome of this operation. Next time I suggest you and I pool more of our resources."

The Twins

As the enemy withdrew the Twins sent requests for orders.

"do we pursue?"

The Pirates screen would buy some time but the group could, likely, break through if they were so inclined.

Wingnut

- Rawn -

"Status of the convoy?" Rawn inquired.

"They are driving back the pirate forces there, sir."

"Very well then. Pursuit course on the enemy forces. Tell Maarek that he can continue to engage."

I'll not let that suit escape again if I can help it. There are too many questions that it can answer for me.

- Maarek Stele -

"You heard the Captain. Continue the counterattack and bring down those suits." Stele shouted as he again opened fire with the shield beam cannon at the Dezpada while moving forward to help the others press the attack.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

-Melodius-

I can't say I didn't anticipate it, but I still can't believe it, Melodius sneered to himself, the Dezpada rolling to the left quickly, barely avoiding Stele's deadly blasts and making a sliding turn, firing another volley of missiles at the pursuers. They're actually pursuing me? As the Dezpada then turned back and rocketed forward in retreat at full speed again, Melodius narrowed his eyes, focusing; It was another matter if he could survive all the way there, and Stele was not to be trifled with --- that much Melodius had known ever since their previous encounter.

In front of him and the retreating SPARTANs, the large shoal zone, ever an eyesore, loomed, and the Dezpada seemingly doubled its efforts to try losing them in the shoal. That was where Melodius, with a nod, knew he needed to go. There, he would be safe.

The Garden of Thorns.

(Waiting half a turn for Sume to decide whether or not to have the Twins pursue.)
Sume Gai

(I thought that was obvious.)
The Twins

As ordered the two Wild types transformed and pursued. Maria after firing her own missiles and using her gatling to take care to deal with those from the Dezpada, opened fire on the last Mercurius from behind Mellia as they approached

Faste

"Well it looks like our friends don't want us to go; All right men it's time for our last surprise."

with those orders Faste's men launched another volley of fake asteroids, eight in total. This time there were explosives inside; nothing that could kill an MS outright but enough of a blast to cause damage.

The Twins

The first shots from Maria and her missiles collided with two of the eight balloons setting off the explosives within and forcing the twins to slow, letting the distance between them and the enemy grow even further. They quickly resumed pursuit, another volly of Beam shots lancing toward the last SPARTAN.[/b]

Cybaster

-Melodius and SPARTANs-

The third Mercurius the Twins fired at was promptly destroyed, but it did little to hinder the SPARTAN retreat, as Faste's attack did little to halt the Twins. Melodius nodded in approval at that as Stele and the Twins kept their pursuit, noting Faste Evist's resourcefulness in these times; Perhaps he did deserve his survival in these parts. His smile, however, was more of pleasant surprise than of approval, as the group of SPARTANs finally neared the edge of the shoal zone known as the Garden of Thorns, surprise that he actually managed to pull Rawn's Mobile Suits this far using himself as bait; Melodius himself, he noted, didn't have that much confidence in this happening.

And just at the edge of the Garden of Thorns, only a few meters inside the shoal, the Dezpada and the few SPARTAN Mercuriuses and Vayeates that could still fight...suddenly turned around and halted. Melodius sighed. It was time. Thrawn actually fell for it! It took losing six SPARTANs to make Thrawn actually fall for it. Then again...this has been a relatively simple plan; Thrawn was probably expecting something more complex and elaborate. Better make the best of this one, in any case, then --- if he survives, Thrawn will not make the same mistake twice.

The Dezpada suddenly lifted a hand up, and a yellow flare lanced out of the forearm, above Melodius, and burst in a display of fireworks.

"SPARTANs, fire!"

And from inside the cover of the Garden of Thorns, behind and around the Dezpada, a metaphorical storm of fifteen large Beam Blasts, smaller beam rifle shots, gatling gun fire and missiles suddenly came at the pursuing Federation Mobile Suits from the fifteen Mercuriuses, fifteen Vayeates and five Serpents positioned in ambush beforehand, at Stele, the Twins, and the Jegans, and as the Dezpada in turn contributed another volley of yellow spreading beams as it moved inside the shoal, Melodius grinned. It was still early; The final act was yet to come.

"Tuxedo Mask, to me. Shadow Company, encircle and strike at the Grey Wolf immediately! Mr. Evist, your remaining pilots may commence their run at their leisure."

As the large, bulky-looking Duraxyll likewise appeared behind the Dezpada, moved downwards, and positioned itself to take aim with its Buster Cannon, Shadow Company --- the Forbidden at the forefront, the Raider following, and the Mark II Unit 0 riding on the Raider --- shot out of the Garden of Thorns from some distance to Melodius' left side, past the flank of the besieged Federation pursuers...and headed straight for their main target with little but the mission --- and bloodlust --- on their minds: The Grey Wolf, Alex, and Theo Rawn himself.
Wingnut

- Theo Rawn -

The Garden of Thorns. Not the most welcoming of places. And for good reason. Like it's UC namesake, it too was made of the debris and colony remnants from early in the current war when both sides were using nuclear weaponry openly. Fortunately both sides realized that if this continued it would result in the mutual annihilation of both sides and perhaps humanity itself. There was now an unwritten pact that both sides would not use such weapons again during this war.

"Sir! High energy reaction ahead. Incoming fire!" shouted the sensor operator.

Rawn saw it too. A large wave of beam fire headed for the ship.
"Fire all anti-beam shells! Stand by for evasive action." Rawn knew that turning the ship at this point would only give the enemy a larger profile of the ship to hit and thus waited until the beams had passed before turning.

Again, the countermeasures were not entirely effective and some beams reached the Grey Wolf causing moderate to severe damage along the forward part of the ship which included the loss of the lead gun turret on the dorsal side.

Once the wave had passed, Rawn ordered "Hard to starboard. Bring us about 180 degrees and head for the rest of the fleet at maximum speed!"

"Sir, incoming mobile suits on a different vector."

"Recall our mobile suits at once. Tell them to forget the pursuit and cover our escape. Then begin broadcasting minovsky particles at maximum density. I don't want them getting another clean shot at us."

- Marrek Stele -

*flash* The burst went though Maarek's head that he needed to evade and do so now made him jerk the MP Nu into a downward motion that allowed him to escape the enemy fire.
"Sh!t! They were waiting for us!" Two of the Jegans that were near Stele were not so lucky and were torn apart by the beam barrage from the various mobile suits while a third lost two limbs.

"A retreat signal? 'Bout the only thing we can do now. All units, haul ass back to the Grey Wolf. We've been had on this one."

Maarek then turned and raced back to the ship as ordered and found three mobile suits headed for the Grey Wolf/. A pincer attack? Not while I'm around.
Stele then took careful aim and fired off three full power cannon blasts at the enemy units.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

-Melodius-

"You'd be awfully naive if you thought I'd let you ruin this, fool." Melodius smirked to himself as, in front of him, the besieged Federation Mobile Suits all began retreating at the sight of Shadow Company attempting to move by them, towards the Grey Wolf. As Tuxedo Mask snapped off three large, intense green beams from the Duraxyll's Buster Cannon from Melodius' flank, at one of the Twins, Melodius pushed the Dezpada forward again, towards Stele --- and half of the Mercuriuses and Vayeates rocketed out of the Garden of Thorns and kept up a quicker, less intense barrage of beams while the remaining units kept up their suppression bursts from within the shoal, covering their comrades' advance.

It's time to stop fooling around with you.

Then, with the Dezpada advancing, focusing on Stele, Melodius closed his eyes, reached out --- and felt his consciousness seep into the Dezpada, melding with it. Something clicked in both his mind and the Dezpada's systems --- and an immense wave of Newtype pressure lanced out from the prototype Project Sirene Mobile Suit.

System Fafnir, activate! +8 Insight Bonus to Attack and Saves, go!

Then Melodius opened his eyes. At once, he felt his Newtype perception vastly broaden, heighten, as he no longer saw the battlefield only in his eyes, but that of the Dezpada as well. His soul was now the 20ft Mobile Suit he piloted, facing Stele's --- and the Dezpada charged, faster than before, and raised both binders again, this time switching off the normal Full Burst mode and firing three more controlled, more accurate yellow beams at the MP Nu Gundam's rear, primarily aimed at the racked Fin Funnels. Despite this, Melodius hoped Shadow Company would strike at the Grey Wolf as soon as possible and stop fooling around with the Mobile Suits --- if the swarm of Jegans and the remainder of the Task Force's ships got back, Shadow Company would be out of luck.

That would be hopefully where, Melodius actually found himself hoping for once, Gon Jem was smart enough to exploit the situation on the other end of the task force, at least.

-Shadow Company-

Quess, today...today... Gyunei muttered, at a loss for words, with only anger in his head as he swerved the Raider Gundam sideways to the right, soaring above Stele's distant beams with a near-grazing of his underside. After Quess' was killed, Gyunei had momentarily felt unstable, but Melodius and TM's forceful commanding had managed to calm him down enough for combat. Somewhat. Ironically, staring ahead, Gyunei was behaving more like Shani rather than Clotho --- supposedly Zero's counterpart. You...you!!!

Seeing a certain Mobile Suit still ahead of them, as the sole obstacle --- for now --- between them and the Grey Wolf, Shadow Company broke off into three directions and, unanimously, targeted Alex's Qu Rai. Gyunei, sneering, moved first, transforming back and blazing a single red-colored beam from the Raider Gundam's Zorn beam cannon from below left --- just as Heavy Weapons Guy turned around from above and past the Qu Rai, raising the Deflector Binders, and caught Gyunei's shot. Under the propulsion of the Deflection Field, the Zorn blast was ricocheted back, and lanced at Alex from behind for a second attack.

All this time, Zero wheeled the Mark II Unit 0, took a rough aim at some of the retreating Jegans heading their way, and fired off another two large beams at them while the three remaining members of Shadow Company continued their push towards the Grey Wolf.
Sume Gai

The Twins

As the enemy came out from the Garden of Thorns Maria and Mellia split and took evasive maneuvers with a series of rolls and turns. The retreat signal came as they did so; the twins wasted no time changing an evasive turn into an about face. Mellia let the Tail Booster spin backwards and let off six missiles as they began to put some distance between themselves and the SPARTANs.

Mellia being the lighter and faster of the two reached the Shadow Company first. She, determining them to be a threat to the Grey Wolf, transformed and raising her ASS Made a powerful vertical strike at the Raider's back.

Faste

"My my Mr. Greye this is a lovely game of cat and mouse."

Faste and his men moved ti within the group of Spartans and were now working with them to advance to the Grey wolf.

Wingnut

((All these NPCs to control. It's not fun anymore and I'm starting to get cranky over it.))

- Maarek Stele -

Another flash went through Stele's mind as sensed the beams incoming from behind and spun out of their way, taking one off the shield.

What is he up to now? he wondered as the Dezpada continued to close in.

Maarek returned fire with shots from the beam rifle at Melodius as he continued backwards towards the Grey Wolf.

- Alex Smith -

Alex dodged the blast easily, but was hit by the return blast which damaged the backpack and thus his speed and maneuverability considerably.
"You bastards will pay for that!"

He then started firing almost wildly at all three enemy units with both rifles and machine cannons.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.