PHASE 5: A Dire Ultimatum (Granzi Team)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Cardi Doorl

Wayne smirked at Michael's comment, but Carrah stood up and introduced herself before there could be any more words between Wayne and Mike.

"Ah, Carrah Corker," Wayne, all smiles, stood and took Carrah's hand in a firm handshake, "Some of the mechanical crew told me you were a looker, and I'm relieved to see the rumors were true."

Then Wayne's grip, and demeanor, tightened. "I also know that the guy I'm replacing isn't here because he bit it. Under your command."

Hector's side comment buzzed in the background as this was said, but Wayne caught the gist of it. The guy then starting reading aloud from what sounded like some kind of dirty novel.

Well one out of six is about par for the course.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

"Can't see why they assigned a vulgar joker like this to us, Carrah. Perhaps we could space him and make it look like an accident on his part or perhaps suicide, arrange to get a new guy who doesn't act like a prick," Michael said with venom in Wayne's direction. The man didn't deserve to pilot a mobile suit, let alone work with a team like this considering his attitude.
SNT1

"Ah, Well..." She can't help it--- she blushes at the initial comment and smiles sheepishly.

But then comes the offhand remark that one of her squadmen died, with an implication that somehow it was her fault that he charged (and possibly underestimated) a Natural. It was debatable of course, but regardless, she knew from the start that this man was one to start something---Michael did not like it one bit.

"What can I say, s--- happens, can't control everything out there," Carrah responds, still wearing a smile. What else could she say? She says this while signaling Michael a face that reads 'I got this.'.

It's going to be tough being in the middle with this...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Destroy Gundam

After the briefing had completed, Marcus headed toward the Cynthia's mess hall. Granzi's scoldings had been sterner than he remembered previously, but given the nature of the situation, it wasn't too surprising. He sighed as he sat down at a table. They had been so close to going their seperate ways and then this had happened. He honestly couldn't claim to care all that much about the doctor either way at this point. All he knew was that unless they stopped this latest bunch of extremists, their military careers would be at an end, and a bad one at that. He just hoped that Darius would start taking things more seriously, otherwise he'd probably end up either dead or in the infirmary permanently. Needless to say, he was not in the best of moods as he started to eat the hamburger he'd grabbed before he got to his seat.

"Things were going so well...then those extremists just had to go and start crap up again. I'll tear their suits apart with my bare hands if that's what it'll take to get home and get my record cleared again..."
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Cardi Doorl

After Michael's comment, and before Carrah's, Wayne turned his head to half-face Michael and said, flatly, "Will you shut up?"

Carrah then gave her flippant reply while giving off body language for the White Knight to call off his crusade.

"Right, sweetie," said Wayne, "You shouldn't be worrying your pretty head over matters best left to the boys."

SNT1

After Michael's comments, no surprise Wayne reacts, Carrah could not stop that. "Oh so you're ready to kick ass huh!" Carrah laughs and smirks while playfully punching Wayne in the chest, like a dad would punch a boy while saying 'go get 'em!'

"I tell you what, there's a slight bit of a problem---Michael---And I," she says with a slow and slightly serious voice, then pausing for dramatic effect, "We're already taking care of the asskicking department. So why don't you just watch us from the battlefield on your first sorties to see how everything's done k? Then maybe you can save me when I get to become a damsel in distress--" She snorts at this. She's seen the reports, this guy is a d-for-diploma character.

"Michael, no need to fight back, you might have to spend a lot of time tutoring this guy!" She finally adds preemptively.

She gets back on the couch, opposite of Michael and Wayne's and relaxes like she just came from a hard night's work. After all, she still hadn't really laid down on a soft, comfortable furniture since she was jailed, and recent events had her busy, too. She just took this moment to lie down....for a bit.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

"Sorry, but I don't listen to pricks. If you want me to shut up, meet me in the gym on the Helga. We'll see then who shuts up and flies straight," Michael said threatingly, ignoring Carrah's signals. If it weren't for the fact that he wasn't a military brat and still had some visible heart, he'd be Shema Granzi's ideal man in the romance department.
SNT1

"Sure thing, 'tutor' him now, just make sure you follow orders in battle, and all that....noise," Carrah says nonchalantly.

"I could use a bottle or two or beer right now, but the crew suppliers conveniently did not put a few cases inside," she mumbles. Her job triples in difficulty when she finally realizes there is no hope---she would have to be a mediator, like a mother trying to stop her two naughty kids from killing each other. Josh's team is a lot easier to handle, referring to Winry and Hector's one-sided feud.

She continues relaxing on the couch, pulling out some girly magazine and flips the pages, something she wouldn't have done in front of other people earlier...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Xvlai

- Nazca Class-Cynthia -
- Corridot -

Rob strode out of the briefing room and began to make his way to his room. He felt a little unselted, not just by the sight of Ed but the other pilots of the taskforce having seemingly no common sense or resprect for their authoritys. I can't beleive the gall of some of those pilots! They are lucky Granzi didn't have them all shot.

Rob turned the corner and stopped abruptly. Ed was standing infront of him with what looked to be one of the new pilots from the briefing room. Oh god. Guess there is no way to avoid this one.

"Hey, Ed. Glad to see you decided to come along!"
EZero8

--Kidden--

While egos and tempers were flaring in front of him, Josh merely sat in his chair, resting his head in his hand and observing the arguement. If anything, this was just another day on the job... not like it hasn't happened before with Hector and Winry "arguing." Only this time, Carrah's trio was involved and Josh didn't have to do a thing. He felt a twinge of sympathy for Carrah for having to deal with this, but at this point it wasn't his problem.

Shifting his position a little, he let out a sigh before finally speaking, "Great... looks like our team is even more disfunctional than before. We've got a couple of guys willing out to beat each other rather than the enemy..."

He took a look around the room and gave their situation a little thought. Hector and Winry didn't quite get along, and neither did Michael and this new "Wayne" guy. If anything, a little switching around could help with team chemistry.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Cardi Doorl

OOC: We'll be doing some fast-forwarding in the middle of this here RP. Naturally, you can finish up stuff that takes place before the fast-forward, etc.

I'm hoping the interchange in the shuttle, at least, will continue, even if only for a couple posts longer :P

IC:
Wayne half-listened to the back-and-forth without any visible change in demeanor.

And then, of all things, smiled. Not sardonically, but warmly - or as warmly as his gaunt face would allow. He stepped back so as to be standing next to Michael as Carrah sat herself down and lamented the absence of beer.

With stars dancing in his eyes, Wayne said, "C'mon, Mike, let's not wag our d**ks around in the presence of women. At least pretend to be civil here, Homo Erectus."

~ 36 hours later

- Nazca-class Cynthia -
- Main Bridge -

Shema entered the bridge after having done work in her quarters for the past five hours. Out ahead, the Debris Belt, and the glowing Earth behind it, loomed large. In only half an hour, Granzi Team's ships would bypass the point estimated to be where ATLAS' manifesto was recorded.

The order went out for Teams 1 and 3 to launch for CSP (combat space patrol). Shema didn't have to give any vocal orders; she'd arranged for CSPs to start at this point, as the threat of hostile contact increased exponentially once Granzi Team entered to Debris Belt.

For that matter, Shema intended for her team to be ready to fight when - yes, when - they found those responsible for attacking Copernicus. They'd fight, and this time ZAFT would exterminate them. So long as that woman, that gadfly from the Council, didn't stick her nose into any of this.

Wedge14

(ooc: Safe to assume Rob,Jack and Ed did some pretty uneventful things in the 36 hours.)

Cynthia Hangar

Ed was pretty quick to assemble in the hangar, from what he understood The Harrington Team, and the Kidden Team were the first teams to go out on patrol.

The young man couldn't help but feel a bit distraught at pilotting his mobile again, especially under the eyes of Jack. Ed stood awkwardly in the center of the hangar, waiting for his two teammates. He was a few minutes early.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
RedShirt0909

Jack zipped up his flightsuit, thankful that there had been a proper briefing for this CSP. BARCAP missions are always fun he sighed to himself. Having been on the ship for all of 36 hours, he'd met his team, but didn't know them. Beyond a few basic sims, he didn't know what the two pilots under his command could do. Granzi had started to seem like a much more competent commander than Jack had initially given her credit for, but he was still miffed about being reassigned with no explanation. Yours is not to reason why, Jack he told himself as he bounded down to the hangar in the microgravity of space. Seeing Ed down there, he kicked off towards him. "You ready for this, Flying Officer?" he asked.
Yea, though I sail through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am conning ten thousand tons of 'screw you'
Wedge14

"Of course i'm ready!" Ed exclaimed as he slapped his helmet on his head and aggressively pushed off the ground. He spun around to talk with Jack but put way too much omph into his turn and starting spinning recklessly.

"This is just a patrol right?" He managed t o squeek as he plowed into his mobile suit. (good thing he put his helmet on)

Xvlai

- Nazca-Class Cynthia -
- Hanger Bay -

Rob floated into the hanger bay rather uneventfully, his feelings had been right the new guy was his new team leader. He didn't seem all that bad, hopefully for his sake he wouldn't die like Duke did. Rob kicked off to his GuAIZ R landing nimbly near the cockpit and jumping in.

He had seen Ed performing acrobatics with the team leader, who had introduced himself as Jack. Rob had no interest in talking to them at all, teams members only could let you down in the long run. And Rob was much happier to keep himself distanced and aloof then act like this mission was some kind of game.

As he finished his pre-flight checklist he thumbed his com unit for the team channel, "This is Rob, ready to go."
SNT1

Carrah, with her pilot suit on, sits on the lounge of Helga. Her team wasn't assigned, but one never knows what could happen next. Well, she's alone; better than the spat between her two subordinates as of late...

3000!
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Wedge14

Michael Langley Alvaaron

Alvaaron, was as prepared as Carrah was. He knew that Shema Granzi was a shrewd and calculating woman. If she had units combing the shoal Zone they were certain to run into some kind of hostile.

He had slipped into the lounge shortly after his superior, and silently leaned against the soda dispensing machine. He was silent at the moment.

Teams 1 and 3

For the moment their patrols have had turned up nothing. Edgle nearly collided with an asteroid but sadly he escaped.