Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: Double Helix Discussion thread.

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
mcred23

SNT1 wrote:Thanks for the sarcastic reply
The comment asked for it. :|

Seriously, why is it people are so turned off, or seem offended, by having to do some non-battle stuff? Interact with the other players. People, even in militaries, don't just fight and then sleep and leave each other alone. They interact with each other. Every war story ever shows this. That's what you should be doing when there isn't fighting, and if you have to use some initiative and start it on your own, then do it. Besides, these RPG's are supposed to be telling a story, and some character interaction that doesn't involve robots shooting each other is kinda important to that...
SNT1 wrote:Hey, that's how the last few RPG's died, I reckon! Players finally running out of things to say, leading characters doing zero about it!
No... just no. I'm not going to go into detail, since we are already far off of this thread's intended topic, but that is not it at all. They died largely because their plots never got started enough to move them along, inspite of efforts to the contrary.
SNT1 wrote:Oh by the way, RPG characters talking about anything =/= real people talking about anything. Really, do I have to get Mike to talk about how Titans are 5-0 this season or how LittleBigPlanet is gonna kick ass just to please GM's? Or Carrah rant about Twilight being the BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR?
Why not? Make stuff up. Try and have some fun that doesn't involve shooting things. At the very least, talk about the shooting parts or something, and see where that leads you. RPG's can just be "shooting, shooting, shooting" without some character stuff. Those are the ones that die the quickest.

And that will be all on this subject that will be posted in this thread at this time, we've gone far enough off-topic on an issue that shouldn't even be an issue. Back to this thread's intended use.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

hey guys, i probaly wont be on for awhile...im not feeling so good. cold or something. ill be back when i feel better
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Hey guys just telling you ill be getting back on later today. (Sorry for double post)
LadyTaurucis

WB Strike Rouge. :3

I'm not sure if I should wait for Kavik Ryx to post before making a post myself... I don't want to look like I'm hogging the thread, but then again I don't really want to hold up ScornMandark or anyone else...

Decisions decisions >.<
Nothing says "Girl Power" like a hot pink, 60 foot tall, weapon-toting robot.

Verbal abuse isn't supposed to be refined!
Cardi Doorl

You certainly won't look like you're "hogging" the thread, considering there've been some posts up since your last one, so if there's something for Sanna to say/do in response to Stan's last statement, go right ahead.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

Well, as much as I don't want to say it, being attached to too many RPGs is catching up to me, and so I'm leaving Double Helix. It was great playing a character like Michael (considering he started out as the strong silent type and slowly began to change into a more sociable person), so if it's no trouble, I'm putting him up for adoption as an NPC. Good luck to all.
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

I think that whole discussion thing was a good idea. Anyone want to have a random talk with the good ole' mechanic?
Wedge14

Would you like to put your mechanic with the away team Mao? There will be lots of things for you to do if you put your fellow with them.

Trust me! They're gonna have lots of fun.

It's sad to see Nu go. I'll have to beat his ass down on those other sites. I'll probably take over his character if noone is willing.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

What do you mean? Mao is my character, but what is this "away team"? :?:
The Loser Villain

Strike_Rouge_Mk2 wrote:What do you mean? Mao is my character, but what is this "away team"? :?:
That's what he meant, put your character Mao with the away team. Its the team of three pilots (Enzo, Aura and Patty) along with some mechanics going to find the lost ship Hedland. They make repairs and try to get back to the main fleet. It would be cool if there was somebody to direct the mechanics rather then them just doing stuff.

So yeah, you should put Mao on the team.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
ScornMandark

@Kavik Ryx - I'm gonna have your suit have a minor technical glitch to allow you to catch up with us if you want to, but I'm going to start moving things along.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Kavik Ryx

ScornMandark wrote:@Kavik Ryx - I'm gonna have your suit have a minor technical glitch to allow you to catch up with us if you want to, but I'm going to start moving things along.
Fair enough
Cardi Doorl

(for those who don't read the TftF Discussion)

Sorry for my absence the past few days, all. I've been running around like the old chicken with my head cut off, to the point that I haven't even had a chance to jump on a computer to so much as announce how busy I'll be. I'm not sure to what extent things'llslow down for the rest of the week for me, and I'll certainly try to squeeze in time for RPs, but expect some spotty attendance on my part at least until next week.

I know this is a little harder on this RPG, what with the faction I'm leading on the cusp of getting into a tussle, but I'll try to get us on track in spite of it all.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Oh I see, yeah that'd be fun, I could pilot a Mistral and get blown away by debris XD But yeah that'd be fun, I'll be happy to go along but how are the mechanics gonna get there? unless theres going to be a "Random Encounter" I guess were using a normal space ship right?
Wedge14

The ship has already left but make Mao present inside the small ship and all should be good as gravy.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Alright i got it
Ziryab

Just a heads up. I'll be gone during most of the first full week of November and maybe the second depending on how my connection looks.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
LadyTaurucis

I don't know when I'll be able to post next... I've got an essay which I don't even have the motivation to write due in one and a half weeks. I'll probably try getting a post up once I take care of that assignment.
Nothing says "Girl Power" like a hot pink, 60 foot tall, weapon-toting robot.

Verbal abuse isn't supposed to be refined!
ScornMandark

Fair enough. We've set up to be in place for whenever we get to Copernicus, so I think we'll be ok.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
SNT1

So aside from small char. developments we really don't have a clue as to what direction we need to take this RP, with all 3 major plot players MIA (Cardi, Wedge, Gambit) for more than 2 weeks (after threatening to Death Row nonetheless).

I think... the RP is still breathing. Any suggestions on what we could do here other than just take in the crawling pace? I think Death Row isn't an option, with 90% of us not really RPing it may very well mean self-destruction.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/