Gun Damn It! It's been a year already

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Gun Damn It! It's been a year already

Hey everyone!

Neo, here!

Well today, a year today(10-12-2008) the first episode of Gundamn premiered.

Man, it's been a crazy year. Soul Bro and myself never imagined that Gundamn would where it is today. A year ago, we were advertising Gundamn on MAHQ, now we're part of it. We've done two live shows at two conventions, did some on of the spot reporting from Comic Con, had a live call in show with listeners and many other things. Gundamn's gone from two hosts to three (the addition of Chris) and sometimes four (Destiny Gundam and AmuroNT)when you include our guest hosts. The response and excitement from listeners has been great and we appreciate all that you guys have done for us.

This year has also been a learing exprience in the aspects of podcasting and show delivery. There have been somethings that worked and somethings that haven't. There's been unexpected tech issues and the reality of life getting in the way also. But after all that, it's been a fun year and I'm looking forward to happens in year two.

I just want to thank everyone for taking a chance with us and being so supportive, we really appreciate it. I also want thank everyone who's spread the word the about Gundamn to others, Thank you.

What's ahead for year two?

Well, I tell you this, this will be more live shows, more calll-ins, more hard hitting mecha topics and some other thins I can't speak about.

Thank you everyone for your support!

Talk to you soon;

Neo
Last edited by hawk of endymion on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Destiny_Gundam

A big congrats to the first, and only, podcast I ever listened to on their one year anniversary. Cheers for more years to come!
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
sephus16

Much love to the only podcast i listen to (and can't help but look for a new one every few days).

Keep up the good work guys, and Here's to another year!
TheGoose

Thanks for the great podcast and getting me into mecha anime. You guys have done a nice job making an infomative, fun, and interesting podcast. Best wishes to the future of podcast, it's host, it's guest hosts, and people who have contributed.
Last edited by TheGoose on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wielder

This has been a good year and a great podcast indeed.

I think you guys have done a wonderful job of making me look forward to each episode. From the entertaining to the informative, from the serious to the hilarious...it's all there. Even the mistakes and nitpicks have a certain charm, if you think about it.

I may not comment every single time, but I do listen to each episode as soon as I can.

Congrats to the entire crew and, of course, to the guest hosts as well.
Battosai28

Oh man, and what a year it has been. As some people here know, I am a witing major, and you were the guys who first made me look at anime as a sort of story telling and not just something to get my action fix. I can't wait to (hopefully) take part in another call in section. that was so fun the the first time.
Like all good things, my 318 days in Japan have come to an end. Thank you everyone for such an awesome year!
Valmanway

Sirs, let me extend my heartiest congratulations.

I love this podshow. Keep up the good work!
Areku

Congratulations on your first year. You may have started advertising on MAHQ, but I'm sure Gundamn! introduced many people to the Mecha Talk forums. I'm one of them; I'd been browsing MAHQ's mecha and anime sections for years, but the news updates for Gundamn! and the invitation to reply opened my eyes to the forums.

It's been a great year, and I'm looking forward to what's in store in the future. Keep up the great work!
xgundamdoodx

ahh yes and what a good year too!!
even tho ive been short of time lately but still you know... i still fit you guys into the schedge ; )
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Battosai28 wrote:Oh man, and what a year it has been. As some people here know, I am a witing major, and you were the guys who first made me look at anime as a sort of story telling and not just something to get my action fix. I can't wait to (hopefully) take part in another call in section. that was so fun the the first time.
Don't worry, there will be one before the end of the year. Now that we are up to date on reviews, we can get to more fun stuff.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

snoops619

hawk of endymion wrote:
Battosai28 wrote:Oh man, and what a year it has been. As some people here know, I am a witing major, and you were the guys who first made me look at anime as a sort of story telling and not just something to get my action fix. I can't wait to (hopefully) take part in another call in section. that was so fun the the first time.
Don't worry, there will be one before the end of the year. Now that we are up to date on reviews, we can get to more fun stuff.
Aww man! Bring on year 2! Can't wait for some more call-ins.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Keep going strong guys!! I want to be able to listen to a whole mess of Gundamn when I get back to Florida!!
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
NastyNate

Thank you for the show its cuz you guys that I got introduced to turn a gundam and victory gundam and I had my doubts with gundam wing. I have learned a lot about anime and character development you know useful stuff that of course english class does not teach. :roll:

Keep it up!!!
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
GN-003 Kyrios

happy first birthday gundamn. after sumbling across this podcast on itunes I've been all over it. I've learned a lot more about gundam and other mecha anime. thanks a lot guys .
The old generation can't build the new era-Quattro Bajina (Zeta Gundam)

General
Unsubdued
Nuclear
Drive
Assault
Module
hawk of endymion

GN-003 Kyrios wrote:happy first birthday gundamn. after sumbling across this podcast on itunes I've been all over it. I've learned a lot more about gundam and other mecha anime. thanks a lot guys .
Thank you, and more stuff is coming in year two.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Rurushu Ranperuji

Happy Birth Day GUNDAMN! ^^;

Haha, maybe epic sugar works should be commissioned for another cake? Oh, I know! Lets have them make a Pundam cake to celebrate!! ^^;
GN-003 Kyrios

I dont know if Chris will like that. But I would love to see the look on his face.
The old generation can't build the new era-Quattro Bajina (Zeta Gundam)

General
Unsubdued
Nuclear
Drive
Assault
Module
Momaru

I just want to congradulate you guys on an excellent year of podcasts. I've been a listener from episode one, and have loved hearing you guys talk about mecha anime. It someow satiates my need to talk about mecha anime as where I live people don't know the difference between Gundam and Goddamn. Please keep up the good work, and I look forward to listening to you guys for many years to come.
Tell me why, at this turning point in our history, must we fight amongst each other and further pollute the earth?
- Char Aznable, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
chainsandguns

Congrats on your 1st anniversary Gundamn crew!

I haven't commented on every episode that has come out but I still support you guys and think this is the best (and only :roll: ) podcast I listen too. My friends that like anime don't like mecha anime as much as I do so its awesome to hear from those who love mecha as much as me.

This year I'll be going to megacon all 3 days this time so I'll definitely make sure I can check out the gundamn panel. Also, do you guys have a "road crew" to set up equipment and whatnot at conventions? Cause I'd totally would be up for that since I live by the Orlando area.

Anyways, you guys have had an awesome first year, and I hope you guys have many, many more!

PS: Thanks for the mention Soul Bro :D
PSN: Ed_The_Crimson
Twitter: @EdTheCrimson
Dropping The X
hawk of endymion

chainsandguns wrote: This year I'll be going to megacon all 3 days this time so I'll definitely make sure I can check out the gundamn panel. Also, do you guys have a "road crew" to set up equipment and whatnot at conventions? Cause I'd totally would be up for that since I live by the Orlando area.
We'll keep that in mind, hopefully we'll become large enough one day to have a road crew.

And keep posted to the forum, Gundamn.net and the show, because we'll give more information as it becomes available.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]