Ep. 022 - The Geass Menagerie

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 022 - The Geass Menagerie

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 022 - "The Geass Menagerie"
- Unplugged Version: 64 kbps - 133 min., 31 sec. (2:13:31) - 61.1 MB
- Remastered Version: Coming Soon!

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo News!?"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:19:05

02. Epic Sugar Works (Commercial)
Runtime: 0:19:05 - 0:19:40

03. 1st Segment: "Code Geass R2: Reviews of Episodes 13-16"
Runtime: 0:19:40 - 0:50:11

04. Interlude: "Watch Out!" (Transformers: The Movie Remix) - Jem & the Holograms (Remixed by Tony Bacala)
Runtime: 0:50:11 - 0:55:26

05. 2nd Segment: "Gundam Round-up!: Mobile Fighter God Gundam"
Runtime: 0:55:26 - 1:31:10

06. Florida Oriental Trading (Commercial)
Runtime: 1:31:10 - 1:32:47

07. 3rd Segment: "Code Geass R2: Reviews of Episodes 17-20"
Runtime: 1:32:47 - 2:06:41

08. Preview: Next Time on Level Nine! - "Kojima Critical"
Runtime: 2:06:41 - 2:08:34

09. Outro: "Closing/The Usual/PSA from Neo"
Runtime: 2:08:34 - 2:13:31

Just in time for our first anniversary, here comes a new episode chock loaded with 8 episode reviews of Brittania's Wayward Son, as well as our inevitable round-up for G Gundam! Also, thrown in for good measure is an favorite interlude from our early days. Although it's shorter than previous eps, I hope this makes the start of your work week a bit better.

BTW, those that have been interested in listening to Level Nine, don't worry, the premiere episode debuts this week! I'll post later in this thread on where to get it when it drops.

Much thanks for listening & the feedback! Have at you!

Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - MechaTalk Forum - Level Nine - MySpace - FaceBook - Spill - Mevio - iTunes - Main RSS Feed

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://www.podshow.com/feeds/gundamntheshow.xml

[email protected]
Last edited by Soul Bro Ryu on Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
yazi88

Damn, less than 5 days and now another episode, no sleep for me again tonight, GUNDAMN YOU SOULBRO!!!
Valmanway

Very nice, man, very nice.
Wingnut

Dang. Wasn't episodes coming out this fast a sign of the apocalypse or something?
Downloading now.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Areku

I'm not done with the whole episode yet, but I just had to say: Soul Bro's "man" from G Gundam is Hoy, Domon's little sidekick starting in episode 26. I dare someone to question this.
Wingnut

Okay, I will. Hoy and Ming are Shinta and Qum done right.
They provide the little kid factor that interacts with the hero and everything that the pair in Zeta did, but they were not a hindrance in any way to Domon like the two brats on the Argama were to everyone else on board. Plus they actually served to let Domon show off a softer side and be nice to someone he had never met before. A definite difference compared to how he had interacted with everyone up to that point in the show. Even those kids in episode 1 didn't effect Domon like Hoy and Ming did.
IMO as well there isn't anyone in G who would fit that description that the rest of Soul Bro's "men" carry.

Also on G, you only briefly touched on the supporting crews that the fighters had. You mentioned what all Rain was to Domon, and hinted that Chibodee's girls performed the same role for him, but there wasn't a word about George's butler Ramond, or those two monks, Keiun and Zuisen, that looked after Sai Saici. And who could forget the woman who was assigned to keep Argo in line, Nastasha Zabigov?
They're all just as important to the other Shuffle fighters as Rain is to Domon and thus IMO deserved mention as well.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
snoops619

I'm on the Code Geass segment atm.

IT WAS SUZAKU!
Demon Lord of L5
Location: DARWEN IN THE COUNTY OF LANCASHIRE IN THE KINGDOM OF ENGLAND

ok there is a list of a number of things needed to said and a quick warning to Soul Bro, take up a defensive position.

1st. Good show I like to say I prefer the large reviews with devoting a majority of the episode to reviewing X number of episodes of X show.

2nd. I'll also admit to being one of those people about G Gundam but after watching the first episode I was hooked. And Areku I thought the same as you.

3rd. I would like to I was not one of those drone Suzaku haters whom said Suzaku did it. I believed it was Rolo at the time and lull and behold I was SMEGGIN' right.

4th. I would like to say to Neo thanks for my defense and for letting loose me on Soul Bro and you may loose the ill informed title in the next few sentences.

And here are folks the part you all have been waiting for:

1 Adam I told you where I come from and you said it wrong. I AM NOT SCOTTISH I AM ENGLISH WITH A SCOTTISH LAST NAME. I COME FROM THE TOWN OF DARWEN IN THE COUNTY OF LANCASHIRE IN THE KINGDOM OF ENGLAND

2 How dare you steal my thunder about Mobile Ops, the guy whom gave you some hope about this game coming to the West. (side note Neo I'm also going to buy the game when it comes out)

3 Soul Caliber IV on Live let us organize something and even have it on a podcast with members of FTS doing radio commentary because all I have 1 thing to say to for your challenge on this episode is:

COME AND HAVE A GO IF YOU THINK YOUR HARD ENOUGH!!!

BECAUSE I THE DEMON LORD OF L5, ODENST WILL NOT BACK DOWN TO THAT CHALLENGE :twisted:

BECAUSE I THE DEMON LORD OF L5, ODENST
WILL NOT BACK DOWN TO THAT CHALLENGE
Destiny_Gundam

I don't think I was ever much of a skeptic when it came to G Gundam. I think it's because I read Chris's reviews of it and how he says it got better.

It was Turn A that I had seen the mecha designs for and went "WTF? This isn't Gundam!"

Back to G, I marathoned it the first time, dubbed, and it was pretty fun. My favourite character was Allenby, and I guess I would also say the Burning Gundam was my favourite. And yes, I call it the Burning Gundam. Burning sounds a hell of a lot cooler than God Gundam. I also liked the Dragon Gundam though.

The Devil Gundam is probably the greatest final boss from any Gundam series (with Rau in a close second).

I disagree with Domon and Rain being the best Gundam romance though. I give that title to Garrod and Tiffa. However, the Love Love Tenkyouken is undenably one of the greatest scenes of any series.

No, I didn't cry at the end of Geass ep 18. I had a firm belief that she was alive; a belief that paid off. I see you're as ill informed as ever, Neo. :wink:

Oh, and Paul Dobson (Graham) was Naraku. Yes, Graham will get those jewel shar... I mean, Gundams!
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Areku

Wingnut wrote:Okay, I will. Hoy and Ming are Shinta and Qum done right.
They provide the little kid factor that interacts with the hero and everything that the pair in Zeta did, but they were not a hindrance in any way to Domon like the two brats on the Argama were to everyone else on board. Plus they actually served to let Domon show off a softer side and be nice to someone he had never met before. A definite difference compared to how he had interacted with everyone up to that point in the show. Even those kids in episode 1 didn't effect Domon like Hoy and Ming did.
IMO as well there isn't anyone in G who would fit that description that the rest of Soul Bro's "men" carry.
(Insert appropriate emoticon to demonstrate I'm speaking lightheartedly) I'll point out that half of what you said fits Rivals like a glove. Albeit Rivals wasn't the only person to have this effect on Lelouch, but neither did Hoy; Ming and the grandfather and Allenby, even the chubby Gundam-jacker, all had this effect on Domon to some degree. And really, what are Soul Bro's "men" if not normal nice boys, going about their lives, who get caught up in the protagonists antics? You compare Hoy to the Argama brats, but what about contrasting him to, say, Saji Crossroad? Upon inspection, I think you'll find they have remarkably similar personalities. (More emoticons)

*With the possible exception of Keith, or whatever his name was, in 0083, but wasn't he one of the youngest people and about as normal and carefree as anyone in 0083? If he's allowed to bear the title "Soul Bro's Man", how can you disregard Hoy?
Wingnut

I wouldn't know. I've lost most of my interest in Geass, and Saji is an extremely overrated character. Perhaps the most in all of Gundam. At least by the people that do this podcast.
Yeah, he gets caught up in a lot of crap and provides a nice alternate viewpoint to events in the show. But aside from go into space what has he really "done" in the show? Nothing. Soul Bro himself said he couldn't pull off stealing Setsuna's own gun properly.

If Soul Bro were to have Hoy as his "man" of G Gundam, than he must also include Ming and perhaps their grandfather as well. Hoy alone isn't eligible of the title.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Demon Lord of L5 wrote:ok there is a list of a number of things needed to said and a quick warning to Soul Bro, take up a defensive position.

1st. Good show I like to say I prefer the large reviews with devoting a majority of the episode to reviewing X number of episodes of X show.

2nd. I'll also admit to being one of those people about G Gundam but after watching the first episode I was hooked. And Areku I thought the same as you.

3rd. I would like to I was not one of those drone Suzaku haters whom said Suzaku did it. I believed it was Rolo at the time and lull and behold I was SMEGGIN' right.

4th. I would like to say to Neo thanks for my defense and for letting loose me on Soul Bro and you may loose the ill informed title in the next few sentences.

And here are folks the part you all have been waiting for:

1 Adam I told you where I come from and you said it wrong. I AM NOT SCOTTISH I AM ENGLISH WITH A SCOTTISH LAST NAME. I COME FROM THE TOWN OF DARWEN IN THE COUNTY OF LANCASHIRE IN THE KINGDOM OF ENGLAND

2 How dare you steal my thunder about Mobile Ops, the guy whom gave you some hope about this game coming to the West. (side note Neo I'm also going to buy the game when it comes out)

3 Soul Caliber IV on Live let us organize something and even have it on a podcast with members of FTS doing radio commentary because all I have 1 thing to say to for your challenge on this episode is:

BECAUSE I THE DEMON LORD OF L5, ODENST WILL NOT BACK DOWN TO THAT CHALLENGE :twisted:
ohh....

that's a major burn you received, Soul Bro.

Oh, um, Mr. Demon Lord, Sir,

Tell me how Mobile Ops when you get it.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Demon Lord of L5
Location: DARWEN IN THE COUNTY OF LANCASHIRE IN THE KINGDOM OF ENGLAND

I will my friend and how would you like to be informed via e-mail or pm on here or Myspace or even a message on X-box Live .
And also do you want some info on DW:Gundam 2 and other things happening at the London Expo

BECAUSE I THE DEMON LORD OF L5, ODENST
WILL NOT BACK DOWN TO THAT CHALLENGE
hotlimit

Awesome episode, I'm definitely going to check out G Gundam now. Looking forward to the discussion on Wing.

It's also good to hear about Level Nine, I've got a bunch of people who are going to be all over that when it's out.

By the way, I'm glad to hear those awesome remix insert songs again, that's one thing that impressed me about Gundamn! so much in the first place.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Demon Lord of L5 wrote:I will my friend and how would you like to be informed via e-mail or pm on here or Myspace or even a message on X-box Live .
And also do you want some info on DW:Gundam 2 and other things happening at the London Expo
Whatever the easiest.

Sure, whatever you can get from the London Expo would be great.
Just let me know.

thanks
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
CanadaMan

I could never sit through G Gundam, dub or subbed. It was just too horrible for me.

Nice episodes, and nice Gundamn mixes. Keep it up boys!
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
Areku

CanadaMan wrote:I could never sit through G Gundam, dub or subbed. It was just too horrible for me.
Horrible is a strong word. Without elaboration, I'd even say it sounds like a trolling word. What didn't you like about it?
CanadaMan

I think the entire thing. Normally I can find at least one enjoyable thing out of anything I watch and enjoy it, but G Gundam ... had nothing. I could sit through most of Victory, but not G. Odd eh?
Twitter
Areku

CanadaMan wrote:I think the entire thing. Normally I can find at least one enjoyable thing out of anything I watch and enjoy it, but G Gundam ... had nothing. I could sit through most of Victory, but not G. Odd eh?
Well, that's a respectable sentiment (as long as you saw episode 6 before passing judgment :wink:)
CanadaMan

I try not to pass judgment early, because the series might pick up as it gets going. It's not that I hate G Gundam, it's just not for me.
Twitter