TARRRPG Chapter 10: The Gold Monster (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

TARRRPG Chapter 10: The Gold Monster (Earth)

- The Eastern coast of China, 2 days later -

Dawn crept up on the Chinese coast and with it crept the Ceres as well. Her crew having accepted the loss of one Sume "Night Chaser" Gai, pressed on with their mission each mourning in their own way.

What awaited them further inland would further test their ability to fight amidst incredible circumstances.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

(vagueness time Wingnut)
Alex Bloke
-The day before-
-Aidoneus Island: Level 2 Restricted Dock-

Alex stood before the DC's newest ship or what would be their newest ship when it was done. It looked a lot like a submarine; long and dark blue with a crest on the bow that resembled a capitol 'Y' in with a circle around the center and an additional prong pointing straight upwards. In addition there were two gear like parts on it's underside; presumably for underwater propulsion

Alex had been invited in by Apollo who had been commissioned to help arm the vessel. As of now many of it's systems were incomplete; including what technicians had guessed was a flight system. In addition it's weapon load out was pitiful; two top mounted cannon turrets, some kind of Missiles and Depth charges. Apollo was somewhat eagerly explaining this

"... we jus don know what ta arm her wit. Heck we aren't even sure what her name is yet..."

Just then a sensor in Alex's body went off; a sensor which hadn't gone off since Alex entered this world. The particular sensor was used for mining in the asteroid belt in his world; it was designed to detect the presence of a certain resource. Alex was compelled to investigate.

"Excuse me."

Alex's Cyborg feet carried him quickly to the surface... out of the base.. and to a spot on the beach. What he saw there caused him to send an emergency signal to Doctor Bian..

-The Next Day-
-Bian's office-

what he had found on the beach the night before had several implications. One of which needed to be followed up on immediately. He had requested to launch an investigation team. They had to find out more about what was down there and if possible claim it before anyone else.

"...If there is more We must find it and ensure that neither Fandom of Federation get a hold of it."

Tallis Stenner
-the present day-

Tallis had kept running maintenance and in her spare hours was using the simulators to train as a pilot.

The sim battle two days ago bugged her. She had continued to evade as best she could to keep Zaine from forcing her into close range combat. but her stability was sloppy and eventually she lost her balance during a backwards boost and fell over. She had tried to block with her saber but it was to no avail as Zaine was able to knock the saber away and land a killing blow.

(Omega if this is unacceptable please PM me)
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Wingnut

- Fandom strike force, 50 miles north of Hong Kong -

The large force was steadily herding the local insurgent force northeast toward the coastline where they would be trapped and wiped out.
The force consisted of various machines from different member groups and included BuCUEs, Gan-Dolla metal armors, along with BABI units for air support. As well as their trump card mobile weapon that was only used when needed.

Unfortunately for the Fandom, the resistance level provided by the locals was greater than anticipated and more than once had to be used to wipe out the native mobile suit forces.
((OOC: Any Tieren type may be used for the locals except Soma's custom and the space type.))

As such rumors about the mech had spread to both the Federation and the DC of a large gold colored mobile suit blasting its way through China. This was worrisome to local Fandom commanders as it could draw unwanted attention to themselves, perhaps even by the Gundam Team itself.
Fortunately for them, help was on the way...
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Omega

Zaine

Zaine was on the observation deck thinking on the sim battle two days ago. Should've held back on her... i'll do that next time. He proceeded to the hangar to do some maintenance on the Huckbein Mk. II. After arriving and climbing up to it, he noticed Tallis. Deciding to go talk to her, he climbed back down and went over to her. “Do you... um... have any free time on your hands later?” He asked once he got close enough for Tallis to hear, hoping she wouldn't catch the slight blush on his cheeks.
Last edited by Omega on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Volnixshin

Bio and Otto moved from the sub to an Gaw Kai, and started traveling to Northern Hong Kong, apparently a strike Force was there and soon they would meet up. Otto had a large canister of extra weapons, and Bio was suited up as if he would just leap into battle. His armor strapped on, shield with guns mounted in on his left arm, the submachine gun attached to his rear skirt and the axes mounted on the forearms. He want to look as presentable as possible to the new unit.
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
Cybaster

-Emily and Kirie-

Ceres Lounge

"Kyaaaaaa!"

That was the sound of Emily doing a somersault, then falling on her back, and then hitting the blue gymnastics mat with a dull *THUD*. Emily blinked upwards; Kirie was standing next to her, holding a hand out to help her back up. Again. With an intake of breath, Emily picked herself back up and grabbed Kirie's hand, feeling him pull her up onto her feet, and looked out the window of the Ceres' lounge. It was empty, signed up for, except for her and Kirie.

"Never charge your opponent blindly, Emily." Kirie raised a finger and waved it gently. "Always be sure of your steps. If you charge in only focusing on your opponent, you're bound to overstep and leave yourself open. Now let's try it again."

Emily nodded enthusiastically. Eager to give Lune some alone time of her own (probably to dream about Masaki, Emily tittered inwardly, of course making sure that the other Newtypes on the Gundam Team, or anyone, for that matter, won't know about it or hear that), Emily had decided to pass the time, once the Ceres was out of danger, to pester Kirie into teaching her how to fight like he did. Kirie's answer wasn't exactly the answer Emily hoped for: "You need to start from the basics first." Hence, while Black Mage and Masamune were off doing their own things, Emily had signed the lounge out and had Kirie help her actually explain her Class Levels --- namely her Monk ones.

And Kirie had agreed, at least, that it was a good idea to train Emily; In case someone did sneak on board the Ceres again and went after Lune that way, then at least Emily wouldn't have to rely completely on Kirie and Masamune to rush over there fend him or her off.

It wasn't looking too good on Emily's end, but it was still early, despite the Ceres beginning to arrive at their destination. Emily clapped her hands once and crouched, entering a stance with her left side facing Kirie, her left hand curled upwards into a fist, her right hand raised and curled horizontally beside her head --- the stance of the 'Toho Fuhai-ryu' Martial Arts School. Kirie bowed and crouched as well, entering the same stance himself. For a moment, neither moved.

Then Emily sauntered forward. Her steps were steadier this time, and stopped herself short just in front of Kirie, jabbing her left fist out. Kirie sidestepped to his right, towards Emily's back; Emily followed up by swinging herself backwards and hammering her right arm horizontally at Kirie's head, retracting the left arm, causing Kirie to raise his right arm to block the blow --- just as Emily slid back, turned again, and poked her left hand out at Kirie's stomach.

Emily almost connected. Before she could, she felt her legs give way as Kirie gently kicked at her heels, and Emily promptly plummeted onto the mat again with a small bounce. Routinely, Emily blinked and giggled as Kirie stood over her again and held out his hand. "That's actually pretty good, Emily. Nice follow-throughs, improvisations, fluid movements. But you need to watch your low side as well; Keep tabs on your feet, too, because while you were busy punching at me, you left them open."

At that, Emily took Kirie's hand again --- he's really strong, Emily mused excitedly, must be all that XP he keeps stealing from me --- and stood up. This had 'long day' written all over it, training Emily in the ways of hand-to-hand martial arts fighting.

But Emily was patient, and willing. And Kirie was as well.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
SNT1

--Rachel-- (need to work with me here for a bit here Omega)

It took them a few moments to get started, and once it got under way, at least on Rachel's side, it was a very non-aggressive sparring. Of course, that's because Rachel is more focused on dodging and just returning some fire here and there, very contrasting on how she really fights in the real world. No need to get overly forceful. In due time Ruka shoots one of the buster rifles, disabling Rachel, who is now down to a gun and a melee weapon.

She decides to answer the question, "Wha... me? Him? Boy--friend? Ahahah!!! nonono! He was a friend, my neighbor when I was a kid, I haven't seen him for ten or eleven years--"

She was interrupted when they get the call from the Federation to get ready in 2 hours, there is to be a meeting regarding the next mission.

Rachel continues, "Ruka, We're going to have to stop here," she says while cutting her side of the simulation down, "Get a moment of rest; this mission might be a deep one in China."

With that she powers down everything to grab some rest herself, then take a shower and get ready for the meeting.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Omega

(I'm still on for today, just waiting for you.)
-Ruka-

"All right." Ruka says as she shuts down the simulator on her end and then disconnects it from her Dagger L before shutting it down. "Oh...Got some good data, Thanks." She goes for a shower and a quick change of clothes before heading towards the meeting room.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis wasn't sure what to say to Zaine, while she did have 'free time' later she had already decided to spend it training and she didn't want Zaine to waste his time like before.

"Er.. sorry I have things to do."

Tallis hadn't averted her eyes from the machine she was working on thus she missed the blush on Zaine's cheeks.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Omega

-Zaine-

"Oh... Sorry to have bothered you..." Zaine said. He went back over to the Huckbein and climbed into the cockpit for his usual routine from the Exia.
Lowind

"Sophia. It sure has been a while, eh?" Lowind said to the artificial face on his computer screen.

When he had salvaged the AI system previously and recompiled it, he had taken care to remove "her" need to follow the Laws Of Robotics encoded within any advanced enough AI system used by the Federation. As a result, the AI has been allowed to optimise her own programming.

"So. Have you done what I instructed?"

<Yes. I have managed to infiltrate Fandom system networks. False information and rumors have been spread across this theater.>

The Fandom do not have much human resources. In fact, nearly 30% of the units stationed on Earth are surrendered Federation or independent soldiers. Lowind had personally managed to confirm the loyalty of the forces stationed on the Kamataichi. He was also quite pleased to know that he was not as hated as he thought.

<Though, why do you want to start a mutiny? I thought you are only interested in fighting, regardless of side.>

"That used to be true. But something is going wrong. I am... afraid. Anyway, the second part of the plan starts now. You are originally a Federation AI system, it should be easy to enter their network. Let the Gundam Team know what we are up to. Please." Lowind rather reluctantly said the last word. This was what he needed to do now that Sophia is no longer obliged to follow human orders.

<If you say so.> The chat program deactivated.

Lowind's own paranoia caused him to constantly keep his Newtype abilities active, hoping that they would let him know what is happening behind his back.
Cybaster

-Camilla-

At that time, a blue-and-black Sisquiede appeared with a burst of speed above the Federation airspace in the area, circled around, and landed onto the runway with a quick thud; After whirring to a stop, the cockpit opened, and Camilla climbed out as she slowly winched herself down to the ground from the Sisquiede's cockpit, eventually touching down onto the concrete. Once she did, Camilla crossed her arms and paced forward, looking for anyone in charge who could tell her what she was doing here.

SNRI --- and Richter --- had been infuriatingly vague on that regard.

Camilla kept walking, looking around for the applicable base personnel, here on 'official SNRI business' to assist this base on a certain operation...and inwardly, Camilla couldn't wait to be finished with it. She sneered. Her brother got all the best assignments in SNRI, and the sooner Camilla was done here, the sooner she'd be done with Richter. She never liked the de-facto head of the Strategic Naval Research Institute, and not even her Master could force that --- the man was up to something, a pain. A pain that would eventually have to be dealt with once Richter decides no longer to trust in her and her Master.

Eventually, and Camilla inwardly hoped, soon.
Volnixshin

Bio and Otto would soon be approaching the area where they would meet up with the Fandom Forces. There were reports of insurgents in the area, something Bio had knowlegde in from before. Bio had downloaded a new martial arts, capoeira into his systems, along with some music systems to keep his energy flowing. He and Otto looked fowards to their arrival.
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
hellbore

-Ceres-

Sara had pretty much stayed in her room for the past two days, leaving only to eat. Now was such a time as she entered the mess. She picked up a sandwich of indeterminate type and sat down at a free table.

She noticed the man who called himself Hellbore across the room getting up. He waved at her a she waved back politely. She took a bit of her sandwich and was surprised at how the taste was so much better than the sandwich looked.

Hellbore, finished with his tuna sandwich, left the mess to head back to the hanger. He spent his time there alternating between messing with the OS and watching the crew work. On his way, he passed the lounge and heard strange grunting noises and thuds. Intrigued, he knocked and entered.
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

Wan had spent the two days doing further research for possible future attacks and secretly testing his increased powers. Then something stuck out, another newtype seemed to be keeping vigil with his mind and from the brush of two minds Wan sensed a hint of nervousness.

"I wonder who that might be?"

Kylern

-DC HQ-

It took him awhile but he finally started to awaken yet again after sleeping for an unknown period of time. His previous experience had escaped him and now he felt the need to get up and actually do something. He pulled himself out of bed and started to get dressed as quickly as he possibly could. Which wasn't exactly quick to start with because he still hurt from how long he had been sleeping in bed.

His uniform was nice and sharp as he got ready. The final thing was mobile AI attached to his arm. He was uplinked to his system and after quickly accessing the network found that the Ceres has already left and the only person he knew that was left was Alex. Though the robot dude was never very entertaining so Kylern decided to just find something else to do. Maybe someone was left to annoy before getting some sort of job.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
SNT1

-Slug-
-Rachel-

It was 1200. There was an assembly with a moderate amount of people; mostly pilots, and a few superior officers. The briefing room isn't very packed, but one can feel that the atmosphere is of anxiousness, excitement, and intrigue.

Rachel and Ruka, freshened up, enters the room. Slugger can be seen already in a seat. Rachel spots him, says a quick "Hi," gives him a warm smile, and sits right next to him. Ruka follows suit. They were about fifteen minutes early.

---

"For the visitors, we like to welcome you all to Tokyo Air Base," The colonel starts; he had a thick Japanese accent. "Let me cut straight to the point---As you may well know, the Fandom has been launching masive operations in the Asian front. The Japanese Archipelago is being taken over by them from the south. However, we are not to focus in the domestic affairs." One can see some confusion in some pilots' eyes.

The colonel continues, "The biggest concern for us right now is in China. We have confirmed reports of a Fandom army assembling in the region, plus reports of a new weapon being used."

More reaction from the pilots' faces. Some with worry, in Rachel's case; excitement. Slugger is indifferent.

"There's reports that the Ceres, formerly of the Federation now flying under the DC banner, heading to China as well, to investigate the situation," This statement started all the whispering, mumbling and hushing. It was the hard news that any Feddy didn't want to hear, but knows about anyway. "Unless fired upon... you do NOT engage the Ceres. Focus your forces on Fandom. I repeat, do not engage Ceres unless acted upon. They are a formidable squad, and we would like to minimize damages, as of now, we see no strategic reason to engage the rogue warship."

Good idea, Slug mentally notes. He's the only one to witness first hand their strength, even when the Fandom dumped collective strength on it they still managed to stay afloat. Who knows what kind of improvements the DC gave them, after the reports of the failed Fandom siege?

Rachel, however, snorts at all this. She has the technology, after all, that the Ceres hadn't seen yet. At least, according to the last reports.

The local base would loan the six ZetaPlus A1's for the operation.

"Mission starts at 1600."

It seems like the pilots had no questions. "Dismissed!"

---

"So, you're coming huh? Do I have to watch your back?" Rachel jokes, while meeting Slug outside the room.

"All I have to do is fly around and demonstrate its capabilities, "Slug replies, referring to his mech, "Maybe I'll help you stave off an enemy or two when you get in trouble." Emphasis on 'when.'

"Pleeeaaase," Rachel rolls her eyes, but still, with a smile.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Cybaster

-Camilla-

Without a word, as soon as the briefing was dismissed, Camilla stood, crossed her arms and walked away in silence. Her orders regarding the Fandom were expected --- after the debacle at Aidoneus Island, the Federation and Fandom were no longer under the temporary alliance against the DC and were back at the same state of war. However, the orders to leave the Gundam Team be caused Camilla to bite her lip bitterly; Wasn't the whole purpose of her being on Earth to go after the Gundam Team?

And perhaps knowing Camilla, Richter had declined to give her overriding power against those standing orders. Camilla chuckled mirthlessly; It was quite logical, in fact. Camilla didn't like Richter, and if Richter gave her the overriding authority, Camilla was just bound to go off by herself and do what she felt was better. Which Richter couldn't have.

"Right."

With one more look at the others --- those girls getting chummy with each other, Rachel and Ruka, was it?...they caught Camilla's attention for a brief moment, as did that other guy who looked familiar but Camilla couldn't place for now --- Camilla walked off, outside and back onto the airfield, and walked towards her Sisquiede to make preparations. To hell with those orders anyway, Camilla thought; Her Master sent her here for the Gundam Team and that was what Camilla would fight if needs be. This time, against the Gundam Team, she and the Sisquiede would not fail.
Wingnut

- Fandom anti-rebel task force, 1400 hours -

"Sir, our forces are in position to make the final push to eliminate the North China resistance force." reported a Lt. to the force commander.

"Good. If they think that the town they're near will keep us from attacking them, they are gravely mistaken. Begin the attack in exactly two hours." replied the commander.

"Yes, sir."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Southern China

Rosewater couldn't wait; soon he would again taste the trill of battle perhaps this time against worthy opponents. The groups standing orders were to harass fandom patrols but Marcus found little joy in that and upon word of the Gundam team's approach Had chosen to disobey his orders and going deeper into enemy territory attack the Gundam team.

His machine was covered in the protective full armor panels and held a beam rifle and shield. the rest of his team in the highly agile Vincents had proved their merit in several Blitz attacks so far. even though the machines were tiny and lacked "power"; speed and timing made them far more dangerous than most would imagine.

Alex Bloke

Alex had received permission to lead the operation using the forces which had originally been set up for a search mission. it was mere coincidence that he ran into Kylern.

"It is good to see you active how is your physical condition?"