TARRRPG Chapter 9: Race to the Orient (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

as Tallis sat there two people came in one after the other. First was Zaine, who offered her a round in the sims. Before she could say 'no' Zangetsu entered.

His words reminded her of what Gai had promised. She barely noted the rest of his sentence even the transformation which would normally surprise her.

She didn't know how to answer. 'Should I become a pilot?' her first thought was that being a pilot would be a lot more dangerous and she might die just like Gai had. Then something crossed her mind 'Gai wasn't afraid of death, was he?' With a violent shake of her head she cleared that thought. 'no he wasn't'

As she made her decision Zaine whispered in her ear; as he backed away she nodded; a kind of determination in her eyes now.

"yes' I will I'll become a pilot."

With that she stood and made her way over to the open simulator. Zaine had taken the one she usually sat in; now she entered Gai's. As she booted it up Gai's preferences came up; the mech colors had been set to Black and Gold. Tallis didn't think it would be right to use them so she made a slight modification before beginning.

Her mech appeared; Black and Silver.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
SNT1

--Slug--
--Rachel--

(Continued from prev. post)

"Yeaaah it is you Slugger! How ya beeeen! Omagoshomagoshomagosh!!! How long has it been?" Here comes Rachel tackling Slugger, preparing for a bear hug.

"Whoa!--" Slug is now really surprised and confused. Just who the hell is this chick? An Ex that I somehow forgot about? One of the girls in that bar in Beale Street? Bourbon Street?" After the hug, Slugger conveyed a confused look rather clearly, yet trying to keep a smile to not upset the girl.

"You don't remember?" she says, "It's me! Rachel! Rachel from Flagstaff! I was the one who taught him how to SWIM! Among other things!" She points out rather loudly to Antonio, much to Slugger's dismay. Slugger could have sworn Antonio saying "cute" in a sly fashion. But still, now he remembers. The feeling, however, is not completely mutual, even if he has to attempt to act out an equally overjoyed facade, "Heyyyy!" Slug says.

Oh wow, should I be happy? Yes, I should be happy.... I think.

Another bear hug from Rachel that can damn near cripple anyone else. Now there are more spectators.

Then Rachel punches Slugger in the arm, "Jerkface! I thought you never wanted to go to the military!"

"Ahem," Antonio interrupts, pointing Slugger's jacket. Sidewinder. "Ah, nice!" Rachel praises. "Still, I can't believe it! You, of all people! A pilot!, I mean.... good job!" Slug twitches, what the hell is that supposed to mean?

"Come on, we have a lot to talk about!" With that, Rachel just jerked the living heck out of Slug's arm and dragged him into the nearest chairs.

The next few minutes would see a lengthy conversation; but more like Rachel doing 80% of the talking, about her fabulous trip to being a top pilot in her academy, her successes, and everything. Slugger was more reserved and brief about his accomplishments, which was actually comparable to Rachel's.

The happy-go-lucky Slug who usually doesn't care much is suddenly in an intimidated corner. Antonio leaves them alone. Maybe Slugger would do a an even better job about the talking part and the asskicking in the air part.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Cybaster

-Emily-

Emily ran, stopped herself, and skid slightly along the ground Sakura-style when she finally found Lune coming out of the infirmary. "Miss Lune, are you okay?" Emily asked, leaning forward, hands on her knees and panting heavily to catch her breath. "...That was...somebody made a mental attack...did all that...lucky I had my Winged Purple Elephant...guard me..."

There was a pause, after which Emily looked up and pouted sadly.

"...And Night Chaser...Gai...he's gone, Miss Lune. Whoever...set that attack off...got him beforehand..."
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

Wan's team reached the Fandom Hawaii base. It was, by this time, rather late but there was still time for Wan to report to the Red Eagle on the outcome.

"The operation did not succeed, however, It resulted in no losses to our own forces and..."

Wan slid a disk across the desk on it the Red Eagle would find the video of the Gawain's defeat from various perspectives.

"...We managed to destroy one of the Gundam Team's number. Use this correctly and we can boost the morale of our own and reduce that of the DC; I leave it in your very capable hands."
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Wingnut

- Lune -

So that explains it. It was her doing. She must be extremely powerful to project an image in someone else's head like that.

"...And Night Chaser...Gai...he's gone, Miss Lune. Whoever...set that attack off...got him beforehand..."

This bit of info brought Lune back into focus. "What? He's dead? What do you mean they 'got him beforehand'? When was in danger to begin with?" said Lune in an almost demanding tone of voice.

- Red Eagle -

Charles thanked Wan then dismissed him to look over the video handed to him.
While he confirmed the mech killed as being part of the unit with the Gundams, he was disappointed at it not being an actual Gundam that was shot down.
That would have made this video all the more useful. Still, I suppose that Sterling's propaganda masters can spin this to a positive light for us somehow. If nothing else it will show the public that the enemy isn't invincible as they have seemed up to this point.

Charles then set about making a copy and sending it in an encrypted transmission to Raven Sterling herself as she would want to hear of this immediately.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
hellbore

-Hanger-

As Strike landed the Delta, both Hellbore and Sara heard the report. Both let the line to bridge go dead just as Wan's attack hit. Sara was an oldtype was wasn't affected at all. Hellbore however developed to him what felt like his eyes where being squeezed out of his skull. Fortunately for him, he had had headaches this bad back home and he had grown used to it.

The feeling passed in time and Hellbore breathed a sigh of relief. He lifted the chair to exit the cockpit and climbed out. He stood on the chest of the Freedom and looked across the hanger. He saw someone new exit the blue mech along the wall opposite his machine. He grabbed the winch and rode it down to ground level. He trotted across the hanger and called out, "Hey, ah miss, wait!"

Sara turned and saw a black haired man coming toward her. She stopped and said, "Me? Can I help you?"

Hellbore hesitated when he saw the DFC suit, but went on anyway, "Uh, yeah, I haven't seen you around before. Sorry, but, who are you?"

"Oh, of course, I'm Sara Klein of the DC, I was put on the Ceres at the request of Mr. Zoldark." She offered her hand.

Helbore took it and noted how soft they where, unlike his from the months of piloting. He couldn't shake the feeling of familiarity. "This may sound strange, but have we met..." Between the blue-hued hair and the DFC, it was so close... "Ah, never mind, sorry for asking." The moment passed. "Nice to have you on board."
Cybaster

-Emily-

"!"

The sudden, almost-demanding tone of voice Lune took with Emily startled the girl, causing her to take a step back, clasp her hands above her chest, and gasp. For a moment, Emily couldn't say anything in stunned silence, staring at Lune frightfully; After a few seconds, though, Emily recovered enough to compose some words. "...I...I don't know! Gai went on a patrol...then there was this weird radar noise...and then there was some fighting and Gai just vanished! Nobody can even sense him anymore...it's like he's just been...been..."

Emily sighed.

"It's like he's just been wiped off the map. Kaput...doesn't exist anymore. Everyone around here...even Hellbore and Zangetsu, I can feel they think Gai's dead..." Then Emily fell silent, and shook her head to let Lune register everything she said. "...Oh, I...I can only do that when I'm defending someone, send Winged Purple Elephants with CR10 to someone's head if they're under attack like that, Miss Lune...the Purple Elephant guards my head --- I've sent...sent one into Zangetsu's head before when...when the mess with Mike really hurt his head. I can't attack people like whoever did all that just did."
Omega

-Ruka-

Ruka came to a few moments later when a lot of noise woke her up. She noticed the way Rachel was talking to the man, and wondered...Is that guy Rachel's boyfriend? She was tempted to ask, but instead focused her mind on the man running the place. "Um... do you know anything about Phase-Shift Armor?" She asked then continued, "I was... Oh, I'm Ruka... Um... I was wondering if you could install PS Armor on my Dagger L?" She managed to say without much trouble.

-Zaine-

Good... at least she's not crying anymore. Zaine thought as he climbed into the simulator Tallis normally used. "Wonder what range you're good at?" Zaine asked before beginning the simulation.
Wingnut

- Lune -

"Damn it all." Lune said then sighed before continuing more calmly. "I get a headache then find out that one of our team is all of a sudden dead. Wouldn't that make you angry too?
It's not you kiddo, it's the situation. Dad really is hoping this team can make enough of a difference to end the war someday. Losing team members like this is like losing part of a dream to him."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

-Emily-

Emily nodded and put her hands down, seemingly slightly calmer.

"...No, not really angry, Miss Lune. Just sad..." Emily sighed wistfully. "Everyone feels so gloomy right now, I wish there was something I could do to kick the gloom away...sometimes I feel that I should've been a Cleric instead of a Pallymonk, maybe then I could cast Resurrection on Gai as soon as I hit 13th level and everyone would be happy again, but...n-no, don't mind me, Miss Lune."

You can, y'know. It's called Retraining.

Huh? Emily blinked mentally, trying to peer psychically around for whoever might've said that...but coming up empty, Emily shrugged it off. The strange voice was gone. Maybe it was just the gloom getting to her, too. "Mr. Zoldark's dream...? Miss Lune, if I may ask...how do you feel about your Dad? Do you like what he does more after seeing where he worked?"

A pause.

"I mean, what would you like to do if the war ended? I don't even know how I got here to begin with, so I wouldn't know much about this world, or what I'd be doing if I stayed in this world after the war ended, but..." Emily shook her head. "Right now, being in the DC doesn't sound nearly as bad as it did before. I guess...I have you to thank for that, Miss Lune. That's why I really want to do this and try my best...being in the Light Warriors, I mean. And protecting you when you need us, even if it means putting up with Black Mage...blech!"

At that, Emily winced comically at the thought of Black Mage, hoping that the gloom in this corner of the ship would at least melt away for Lune and her.
Wingnut

((Damn, that's a deep question to ask. One I don't really know the answer to. I hope I don't get out of character with this one.))

- Lune -

Emily's question was something Lune had asked herself a couple times with definite answers not coming to her. "My dad? I never really liked what he was doing. Even as a kid I was mostly alone. He made sure I grew up to be the best person I could be, but he wasn't home most of the time. Especially after mom died. I guess her car accident made him realize that you had to "make the future with your own hands" as he once said. He then joined up as one of the founding members of the Fandom. I'm still not sure why, but I think it was more an escape for him at the time than anything.
As for the DC, well that I can at least see why he left the Fandom. I'm not sure if an armed conflict was the way to go, but it's a moot point now.

I guess I got good at being alone and didn't have a problem with it. At least not until I met him, Masaki that is. There's something about him I can't describe, but I'm kinda drawn to it anyway. Maybe he's like the free person I never got to be or something, but I never felt like I needed anyone else all the time until I met him.

Did you know that he was the first person to ever tell me that I was cute? It was just a random comment, but no one had ever said that they thought of me that way.
And then there's you guys. Sure Black Mage is a creep and a lech, but even he seems to genuinely care about me somewhat.
Kirie and Masamune are a bit odd, but they seem honest and good enough.
You're probably the closest thing I've had to a real friend, Emily who didn't want to be around me because I was Bian Zoldark's daughter."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

(Sounds about right.)

-Emily-

Emily nodded sincerely, listening intently to Lune's words as she described her feelings. Many of them Emily felt for --- and when Lune admitted that Masaki was the first person to think Lune was cute, Emily succeeded on her Will Save and resisted the urge to titter happily and accidentally break Lune's line of thought; Sure, Emily was a 3 Monk/2 Fighter/4 Paladin/2 Occult Slayer and a powerful Newtype, but Emily was still a girl. Looking at Lune reminded Emily that she wasn't alone, that there was someone normal that Emily could relate to, like, and fight for in this world.

No dice on the Will Save vs. Tittering when Lune made her critique on the Light Warriors known, though. "Oooooooh, thank you Miss Lune!" Emily beamed happily, spinning around once with a lively air. "Y'know, you're the first real friend I've had in this world, too --- most of the others are boys so I can't really talk to them; Kirie's a nice boy, awesome with that King of Hearts thingy, too, but he steals my XP; and Tallis was too busy being googly-eyed over the robots to really talk to anyone. So I'm really, really glad to have met you, Miss Lune. I don't think I can truly understand what you went through as a kid, and I'd be lying if I said I did, but...I feel for you.

"And I can see why you like Masaki. He's a nice guy, too, straightforward, honest, brave...I like those cute cats of his more, myself. But when I really looked into him back on the Sub, Miss Lune, I could feel he wasn't really free..." Emily hugged herself and bit her lip. "...On the outside he looks free, but inside...something's driving him in this world, too. Revenge for someone he lost or something that happened in the past..."

Emily looked back up at Lune with a wry smile.

"He's still a very good person, though, Miss Lune, and you're mostly right about him. I hope Masaki's alright..."
SNT1

--Slug--
--Rachel--
--Antonio-- (might as well give him credit lol)

"Um... do you know anything about Phase-Shift Armor?" A girl approached Antonio, "I was... Oh, I'm Ruka... Um... I was wondering if you could install PS Armor on my Dagger L?"

"Hm?" Antonio responds, "Hi. We actually are testing PS Armor right now, but we don't have any tools to do that here just yet, or any modifications, for that matter, until this next big mission is done."

"But we can offer you some Sidewinder engines to give your unit an extra oomph!" Antonio adds a sales pitch, well not really selling to the individual pilot but the Federation. He hasn't even looked at Ruka's unit (or anyone else's for that matter).

Meanwhile, Rachel continues the barrage, chatting up Slugger and seeming to make sure that she made up for those ten or so years that they haven't seen or talked to each other. Slugger still tries to look interested, but it soon became clear that he needs some rest with all the yawning.

"I'll let you go Slugs," Rachel beams, "But I'm still hungry. I need to go grab a bagel or something." With her temporarily out of the way (i.e. thirty steps away from the food), Antonio comments on the events, "Ex, Slug?" Slug replies, "Naw naw, heheh, I wish, she's just a friend from waaay back in Flagstaff."

" 'I wish?' "

"It's complicated."

"Hm."

"Welp, gotta hit the sack for real this time," Slug comments as he goes back, smiled to Ruka on his way out as an act of courtesy, and left for his bed.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Omega

-Ruka-

"If by that, you're saying you can make the Jet Striker go faster, Then it'll have to wait until i can test it in battle." Ruka replies. "Which reminds me... Is there a pilot here I can spar with? the Dagger over there is my unit." She points to her Dagger after she says that.

When Slug smiled, Ruka felt like she might faint again, But she shook it off. Ruka waited for a response.
Kylern

-Kylern-

After drifting back to sleep for an unknown amount of time he woke feeling a sense of distress. His dreams or nightmares depending on your point of view were getting stranger and more real by the night. He felt unexplicient anger, fear, and pain almost on par with he would feel in real life. It was insane and he felt like he was slowly fracturing into multiple parts.

The reason for all this was the revival of an even more powerful Kayla and the reconnection of Kyle. These two were like giant wedges in his brain trying to tear him apart despite the neural inhibitors. Both figures were drowning him in their sheer strength and he knew if he didn't cope quickly they would destroy him if something breaking happened.

Staring down at his hands his brain thought it was seeing something that wasn't there. He could have sworn his hands were starting to disappear like one of those movies with people that didn't belong in reality. He refused to fade away even if that was possible in this world. Instead he clenched his fist and felt his nails dig into his palm till blood was drawn. That meant he was still alive which was good. Now he just needed to get up out of this bed and get back to something productive. But the more he tried to move the heavier his body felt until he collapsed back into his pillow.

"Whats wrong with me?" He asked himself into the darkness realizing he was alone. Nobody would answer him and nobody would be there to help. He was utterly devoid of support as he fought to hold onto his identity and sanity.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Omega

-Zaine-

"Hey Tallis, let's do something unique. We'll pick machines that compliment what we're good at." He said and brought the Huckebein Mk. II up on the screen. "Here's mine. what's yours?" He asked. Figuring she might have some trouble, he brought up Three different suits for her to choose from. "Here's three i'd recommend choosing from. My specialty is close range. My suggestion would be to pick the suit that compliments your range." He then waited for Tallis to choose one.
SNT1

--Rachel--
--Antonio--

Antonio agrees with Ruka. He signals to Ruka and heads on out, to check the Airmaster units and the Dagger L.

"Which reminds me... Is there a pilot here I can spar with? the Dagger over there is my unit," Ruka said...then Rachel comes back with bagel and cream cheese, munching... "I'll spar with ya..."
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Omega

-Ruka-

Ruka jumps at Rachel's comment but quickly recovers, almost tempted to hug her, but the food she's carrying talks Ruka out of a hug. "Thank You! I promise I'll give you my best!" Ruka exclaimed happily, not realizing she picked up one of Zaine's habits. Ruka then says, "I'll give you a minute to finish eating first." She then calmly walks over to her Dagger and climbs into the cockpit.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis' machine had already been selected well before Zaine made his suggestion; the data for which had been uploaded just recently by the DC. It was the original version of the Huckebein 009; "painted" Black and Silver and equipped with a Mega-Beam-Rifle, a Beam saber and a boosted rifle.

"Gai recommended I try this one."

Tallis who was still rather inexperienced didn't want to make the first move.

SNT1

--Rachel--

"Hah! Ok, I can multitask," Rachel replies, "Wait wait! Just simulator matches, I don't want to fly around in the middle of the night," She adds.

Few moments later, while munching a second bagel, she climbs up her own unit and gets it hooked up to a simulator and Ruka's Dagger.

"Check, check, safety, check, I'm ready to roll," Rachel says systematically. She selects her own unit, An Airmaster Burst armed with nothing but 2 buster rifles and a beam saber.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/