TARRRPG Chapter 8: Pieces of the Puzzle/Chapter 9 (Space)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

- Rawn -

"Come in." was Rawn's reply. Smith did so and approached Rawn's desk.
"Glad that you could make it, Captain. We are leaving immediately to the L2 point on an anti-piracy mission given the loss of the Trinary outpost."
Rawn handed him a data pad with the specifics of what to expect.
"Be prepared to launch at any time once we arrive as we don't know when they'll strike next."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Zangetsu

"Roger." said Alex as he stood infront of Rawn. "Sir, should I proced to the hangar and standby in my mech?" he asked.
Wingnut

- Rawn -

"That would be best, although we aren't going to arrive for a while yet, so you will have plenty of time to rest and prepare for action."

- DC Peregrine class, near the battle site -

"Sir, we have the lunar corp fleet in sight, but they need help."

"Send them the coordinates on where to jump. Tell them that they'll end up on our front door in space and to be quick about it." replied the captain.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Strike Zero

- Unknown Space -

Marlene guided her Bawoo through the shifting field of asteroids that floated all around it. Eventually, she spotted her destination: A particularly large, disc-shaped asteroid with several large craggily columns sprouting out parallel along its circumference. Whether it had been formed naturally by some unknown means or somebody had shaped it so, Marlene couldn't say.

This place was the specified location to meet whenever the Nova Prince called for a gathering of the Dark Star knights. Marlene saw it as being a tad unnecessary, but Prince was notorious for wanting to keep people in the dark about his business as much as possible.

Gently, Marlene set the Bawoo down on top the asteriod. The columns loomed above her, casting long dark shadows over the mobile suit and across the rock surface.

Marlene glanced around. There was nobody else here. She glanced at her radar. She detected nothing.

The young knight gave a sigh. "Maybe Zephyr was right. Maybe I was the only one to--"

"HI-IIIIIIIIII!!!"

Marlene let out a gasp and the entire frame of her Bawoo visibly started backward several meters as the high-pitched voice blared over the COM. At the same time, something abruptly dropped down in front of her camera, obscuring her vision. Marlene fought to regain her balance and looked to see a small armored module bobbing up and down in front of her... upside down.

"Long time no see, Marlene-neechan!"

The armored module righted itself, though it continued to bob up and down in mid air, and Marlene was finally able to recognize the unit as a pink and gold Fairlion.

Marlene let out a low sigh. "Long time no see, Elya."

Elya Aizen was currently the youngest Dark Star Knight at only ten years of age. She had flaming magenta hair that she wore tied up in two large ponytails, and bright cyan-colored eyes. Her appearance had all the traits of an innocent, energetic little girl, and she never failed to act the part much to Marlene's constant annoyance.

The Fairlion began gliding in a circle around the Bawoo. "So, how have you been? I've heard some rumors recently... about how you've been getting you're butt kicked by the Gundams. Is it true?"

Marlene's eye twitched at Elya's choice of words, but she couldn't deny the facts. "Yes... it's true..."

A burst of high-pitched laughter echoed over the COM. The Fairlion then doubled over, making it seem as though the machine itself was having a fit of laughter. "That is too funny! I thought Marlene-neechan was a skilled pilot, but I guess I was wrong!"

It surprised Marlene that the Bawoo's controls didn't snap from the amount of stress she was putting on the plastic grips. Control yourself... she's just a little kid..."

"That's enough foolishness, Elya," came a sudden, gruff male voice, cutting into Elya's laughter.

Marlene recognized that voice. "Berith Darlford."

To her left, the regal armored form of a Gyan Kai descended from above and set down on the asteroid next to her. It's pilot could be none other than Berith, another of the Dark Star Knights. He was thirty-seven years of age--an old geezer when compared to the rest of the Knights. He wore glasses and had brown-grey hair of shoulder-length that was tied back in a single ponytail at his neck.

"Aww, c'mon Berith," Elya whined, "I'm just having some fun."

"We have gathered to meet with the Nova Prince. Such behavior is not appropriate here at this time and this place."

"Pfft... you're such a stick in the mud, you know..."

Berith then addressed Marlene. "Are you the only other who has come?"

Marlene nodded. "I suppose so. I spoke with Zephyr, but he said he was too 'busy' to attend. Leon is currently on Earth dealing with the Gundams. As for the rest... I have no idea."

"I know that Raven is engaged with Federation forces near the moon. That aside, I'm also uncertain."

"So we're the only ones who showed up?" Elya quipped. "Man, that blows..."

"Yet, it serves as a clear indication as to those with which I can place my trust."

The three knights froze and turned towards the sound of the deep, echoing voice emanating from high above them. Marlene was able to spot silhouetted by the sun a dark robot descending upon the asteroid.

"He's arrived," she breathed tensely. She set her Bawoo down onto the asteroid's surface one one knee with the Gyan Kai and Fairlion following suit--although the the Fairlion remained bobbing up and down in the air.

The mecha that set itself down in front of them was huge, over forty meters in height. Marlene spared a glance upward for a moment and was able to behold the demonic form that was the Prince's machine: the legendary R-Gun Rivale. Unlike their own machines, the Rivale's body was rounded, almost organic in nature. In place of hands it was equipped with a pair of powerful close-combat weapons known as the Roshe Blades, and on its back were a pair of curved, pointed wings that gave it an even greater resemblance to a devil. The Prince didn't take this machine into battle often, but when he did, nobody was ever left alive to speak of the encounter.

To be in the presence of such raw power... it sent nervous chills down Marlene's spine.

With a slight gesture of the Rivale's 'hand', the Prince signaled for the Knights to rise.

Berith was the first to speak. "My Prince... how may we be of service to you?"

"I have gathered you all to inform you of a change in strategy."

Berith rasied an eyebrow. "A change, my Lord?"

"Indeed. Up until this point, the efforts of the Dark Star Knights have been scattered. Each of you have been pursuing your own individual campaigns, pursuing your own individual agendas. This cannot be allowed to continue."

Marlene felt a tickle of alarm inside her. Does he know...?

There was a slight pause before the Prince continued. "The time has come for a refocusing of efforts. Your new prime directive is the complete and utter defeat of the Gundams and the pilots that the Earth Federation has pulled from different dimensions."

A small smile tugged at the edge of Marlene's lips. “Pardon me, my Lord, but I don’t believe that will be necessary. We won't have to worry about the Gundams for very much longer. Leon is taking care of things down on Earth as we—“

“Leon Bolt is dead.”

The smile abruptly vanished. “W-what?”

“During his assault on Aidoneus island, he lost his ship, as well as his own life.”

For a moment, Marlene didn't know how to think. Then the Prince's words finally sunk in. Her vision seemed to tunnel in around her, and the feeling in her lower body all but disappeared. “He's ...dead? No… that’s… that’s not possible…”

“Waa? Leon-niisan is dead?” Elya whined with a pout. “How did that happen?”

“He was killed at the hands of the Gundam pilot that goes by the name ‘Strike Zero’ while engaging him in hand-to-hand combat.”

Berith sneered. “What a fool. He should have at least died at the helm of his mobile suit.”

“I agree,” Elya chimed with a giggle. “Getting killed while outside your machine is just so lame.”

Marlene didn’t say anything more. She merely sat unmoving, appearing to stare intently at nothing at all.

Strike…Zero…

“Let his death serve as a reminder to the true and unyielding power of the Gundams and their pilots. Many within our ranks assumed that the Gundams were just another nuisance, that they would be dealt with if enough raw power was brought to bear upon them, Raven Sterling included. But I have seen from the start that this was far from the case. The Gundams are the single, most prominent obstacle that stands in the way of our ultimate victory. In order for them to be removed from the path we tread, our efforts must be refocused solely on their destruction.

“As of now, the Gundams are currently on their way to partake in the conflicts of the Asian continent. Berith, Elya, I am sending you there to bolster the strength of our forces, so that they may be defeated when they arrive.”

Both the Gyan and the Fairlion lowered themselves in a bow. “Yes, my Lord,” they replied in unison.

Marlene looked up. “Am I not to go with them?”

“No, you are not.”

“But--! But I want to fight them as well! Please, have me accompany them, and I'll--”

"Demonstrate the same abysmal performance as with your previous encounters? I will not have you waste your energy on yet another doomed venture."

Marlene looked as though she'd been slapped. Her gaze drifted to the cockpit floor and she said nothing further.

“There is a matter I must discuss with you Marlene, privately. As such, I shall have you accompany me back to the Iron Lucifer.”

This managed to get a brief reaction of shock from both Berith and Elya. Marlene was equally surprised. Not one of them, nobody besides Lady Sterling, had ever set foot on the Nova Prince’s personal flagship. Marlene quickly thought through all the possible reasons for him to do so, and realized what it most likely was. Now she was all but certain the Prince knew of her possession of the GN Drive.

“Uh-oh…” Elya whispered, grinning. “You’re in trouble.”

A glance from the R-Gun Rivale in the Fairlion’s direction was enough to wipe the grin from Elya’s face. “Ah…I didn’t say anything!”

Its gaze returned to the Bawoo. “Do you have any objections?”

Now it was Marlene’s turn to bow. “No. Of course not,” she replied quietly.

“Very well. You all have your orders. Now, commence,” he commanded with a flourish of the Rivale’s arm.

“Yes, my lord.”

The Bawoo and the Farilion turned and started back in the direction they had come. The Rivale did the same, a flare of energy from the wings on its back propelling it up and away from the asteroid. The Bawoo followed its leader, making sure to stay tight on its path. The Nova Prince never waited for anyone, and the location of the Iron Lucifer was always kept secret. If she lost sight of him, she would never find her way there, or find her way back.

Even so, she found it hard to focus as her thoughts kept returning to Leon… and that bastard pilot she had long since sworn to kill.

Now more than ever… she would carry out that vow with a vengeance.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Sume Gai

-Ruined Northampton Group-

as the enemy set their ship on a crash course for the group things began to fall apart on that section of the battlefield . the bits were claiming Valkyrie after Valkyrie but soon even the bits couldn't avoid the increasing cross fire and were themselves falling.

The ZAKU types were getting the worst as things escalated. one by one the Slashes playing guard duty were being either damage or destroyed. The Gunners had given up trying to synchronize their fire and now shot everything they had at the Northampton. as they too began to fall. one of them got lucky shooting into the hole made by an earlier attack; it managed to strike something which set off a massive explosion. Even more on both sides were lost as Shrapnel from the ship flew off in every direction.

the end saw the Valkyries from said Northampton gone and The ZAKU's reduced to three, one Gunner,it's Orthro lost, and two Slashes of which one was armless with only one Beam Gatling still active. The Geymalk had fared better since it avoided the main body of forces. but it only had one mother and 7 child funnels. She, frustrated, ordered her group to pull back to the damaged Nazca.

-Northampon groups 2&3-

Now fully embroiled in the battle the initial momentum of their attack was wearing off. About half the Slashes had been damaged or destroyed in protecting their charges. The Gunners had so far remained mostly undamaged but had not managed a good hit on either of the massive battleships. The Geymalks were fairing relatively well; the VF-11's had been reduced to about half of their original numbers.

Group 2 got lucky as their fourth Valkyrie was downed. one of the Orthros' shots lanced into the bridge and out the other side. the command staff who weren't vaporized were sucked into the void.

-Wraith-

As the Valkyrie transformed and let loose a barrage, Wraith dipped below and circled around the fire; firing another two Beam Rifle shots as He did so.

-GN-X fighting Aiden-

The GN-X having fought Valkyries was more than capable of intercepting the missile Salvo with his Vulcans. His response was three shots from his rifle.

-Redemption group-

The Slashes in the center group were doing better their counterparts thanks to the fact that they weren't playing bodyguards; only a third of them had been shot down. Two had even managed to score kills on the Full Armor armor types; the last thing one of them would do as the VF Pilot had enough time to introduce his killer to the 11's Bayonet. The Geymalk was fighting with a particular fervor pushing his mind to it's limits as he took a tenth 11G with his funnels.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Kylern

-Northhamptons-

The ship that had just found its bridge gone floated there rather than exploding in the typical Gundam manner. This allowed its surviving Cheyenne squad to focus what was left of their firepower before finally facing the dust of the ruined forces.

The last surviving frigate though was in retreat as the time was over for this battle. What was left of the frigate squadrons rallied around the last surviving vessel in their immediate area releasing HM missiles at the persistant enemy attackers.

Finally though the crippled frigate with the missing bridge was finished off and detonated... The immediate area around it was vaporized...

-Redemption-

Their fight was going better but still felt the squeeze of the NT attacks. The Captain got a long range message from a DC fleet with coordinates to a safe spot. "I want all survivors to rally around this ship. We are preparing to jump." He gave the order to all remaining units from its original three squads. He was unsure how many actually survived due to the ECM jamming they had errected but hopefully those able to disengage would get the message and follow.

-Kyle-

The enemy unit wasn't showing the same determination that he had seen in the past and it was depressing to say the least. Two beam rifle shots weren't enough to catch him as he pulled high-g turns. But the order to retreat was given and like a good soldier when the battle was over started to back off the fight. But before he dashed away his unit performed its own finale.

"Infinite Barrage!" All hatches opened on the external armor pieces of the VF-25S showing an ungodly amount of missiles. Then with a flickering of his eyes across all the enemy units he targeted every Fandom unit including bits in the immediate area as he could. This was made simple by his own NT powers and with a press of the trigger 214 high maneurvablity missiles were fired in a single volley as he made the final attack to allow everyone to escape.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

-Wraith-

As the Dragoon fleet began to withdraw the remaining Slashes, about 20 in all, moved towards the area where the Redemption group had been fighting. The Gunners, of which only five were intact, pulled back.

The Geymalks also assembled with the Slashes to bolster their defensive barrage but one of them, the one who had been fighting the Redemption's forces, wasn't happy with letting the Lunar Corp fleet leave. He broke formation and charged while at the same time reaching out with his mind. He reached through his teammates' minds and grasped at their Funnels; their minds, being weaker, could not resist his. He forcefully took over their funnels and with 60 remote weapons at his side charged; firing wildly, he broke through a large section of the missile screen.

"GET BACK HERE YOU SNIVELING COWARDS!!!!"

Wraith realizing what was happening tried to stop the boy with his mind while focusing his physical abilities on stopping the missiles that had targeted him but it was too late. Controlling so many Funnels and his own machine was beyond any one man no matter how powerful a Newtype and before he could get close enough to do serious damage his consciousness was torn to pieces. The funnels and machine were suddenly silenced; their master dead all but physically. The remaining Cheyennes and 11s near the Redemption saw to that themselves.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Kylern

Kyle didn't wait to see what happened after his attack and took off after the fleet that was escaping. They had lost Fandom esque numbers of units and he felt horrible for the lost souls. But the rest of the survivors escaped into fold space.

-Dragoon Fleet-

With the coordinations to DC airspace the two ships retreated with a minor number of units left. Probably enough for maybe two squads and a few poor defense units. Their VF-11FA were all destroyed but their sacrifice saved the rest of them from certain doom. Now it was time to spend some time in fold space before re-emerging into hopefully friendly territory.

-Kyle-

The VF-25 returned to the Redemption and after landing his cockpit door opened up. He hopped the new guy wasn't killed in action of course and searched for the guy.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG