The Meisterfication of King Arthur

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Chris
Administrator

The Meisterfication of King Arthur

So I had a pretty wacky idea while talking to Paul on the phone. A lot of people seem to be convinced that King Arthur is going to become a pilot for Celestial Being. We're going to have a fun game and assume that's true. In this thread you're going to come up with Gundam Meister codenames for Saji (mine was Pizza Wussicus). Only one entry per person. We'll pick the top 5 or so and announce them on the next episode of Gundamn (not 22 since we already recorded that). Post away!
Last edited by Chris on Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Areku

*shrugs* I'll make a somewhat serious suggestion and go with Pegasus. Trusty support and rapid transport (didn't the Pegasi carry Zeus' lightning bolts?), I think it'd make a good name for the pilot of the 0 Riser (which appears to be a support craft and extra equipment carrier), and still fits with the pizza-boy mentality. That, and I understand the Pegasi were fairly common. Volition, as in choice, as in "Crossroad".

Volition Pegasus. Or Pegasus Volition, whichever sounds better.

Edit: About how long would you estimate you guys will be taking suggestions? I know some people felt they got burned when they waited to post in the 00 votes for episode 14 and were told it was too late.
Chris
Administrator

Areku wrote:About how long would you estimate you guys will be taking suggestions? I know some people felt they got burned when they waited to post in the 00 votes for episode 14 and were told it was too late.
This isn't really serious, it's just for fun. There's no set time. We won't be recording the next episode for awhile, so submissions are open-ended. We'll cut it off when we start recording.
Kavik Ryx

I'm going with "Link Cucaracha." I think the name is pretty self-explanatory.
CanadaMan

Saji Crossroad's Meister Codename: "SoulBroRyu's Man King Arthur"
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
T.V.

Assets Extra

Edit:
Changed it back. "Lone Star" is bit of a cop out...
Last edited by T.V. on Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sume Gai

Pizza D. Livery
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
T.V.

Sume Gai wrote:Pizza D. Livery
rofl!

Pete ZaDeeh Rivuree - for Gundamification. ;)
Lans

Sume Gai wrote:Pizza D. Livery
LOL! That's dead right on the spot. He ought to have that codename!
AceWhatever

Wussy McNeverlaidlouiseicus
V2Buster

Only Soran Ibrahim and Neil Dylandy got code names though, so Celestial Being isn't some sort of weird fraternity where members get baptized with a club moniker. Flashbacks seem to confirm that Allelujah/Hallelujah has gone by that name since childhood, Tieria really has no reason to have a code name, and Billy refers to Sumeragi as Sumeragi so that's obviously her real name. It would seem to me that Soran and Neil only got code names because they were the only two Gundam meisters that held residence Earth side during the Armed Interventions. Allelujah and Tieria normally stayed on the Ptolemeios, and both technically never existed on the grid to begin with.

But if we're going to ignore all that and give Saji a handle anyways, I will choose one in the memory of the dearly departed Mrs Halevy (aka Mrs Robinson) and go with the code name "Ben Braddock".
ShadowCell

CC's New Favorite Man.
snoops619

Antonio 'where'd I park my pizza-truck?' Motsarella-Banaguchi. The first Italian Meister?
Sume Gai

snoops619 wrote:Antonio 'where'd I park my pizza-truck?' Motsarella-Banaguchi. The first Italian Meister?
except he's not Italian. (I don't think there are any prominent Italians in 00)
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
snoops619

Sume Gai wrote:
snoops619 wrote:Antonio 'where'd I park my pizza-truck?' Motsarella-Banaguchi. The first Italian Meister?
except he's not Italian. (I don't think there are any prominent Italians in 00)
If CB can train their pilots to be a monotone boy-who-thinks-he's-a-gundam or boy-who-might-be-a-girl-who-might-be-a-robot then they could probably train you to be a boy-who-is-japanese-but-thinks-he's-italian. Ahh the wonders of Celestial Being.
Lans

'Pepperoni n cheese'?
snoops619

Gun-Dammit I just thought of an actual good one playing off the 'neverlaidloise' remark: Saji: The lone Attis of the Apocalypse. I'll understand if this entry is null and void.

Attis is a man in Greek mythology who castrated himself out of sexual jealousy. The Lone ____ of the Apocalypse is a Space Ghost: Coast-to-Coast reference.
Koshernova

Luhkitmai Reakshunseens

See if someone cracks it. Here's a hint: Ten Shin Han.
Chris
Administrator

V2Buster wrote:Only Soran Ibrahim and Neil Dylandy got code names though, so Celestial Being isn't some sort of weird fraternity where members get baptized with a club moniker. Flashbacks seem to confirm that Allelujah/Hallelujah has gone by that name since childhood, Tieria really has no reason to have a code name, and Billy refers to Sumeragi as Sumeragi so that's obviously her real name. It would seem to me that Soran and Neil only got code names because they were the only two Gundam meisters that held residence Earth side during the Armed Interventions. Allelujah and Tieria normally stayed on the Ptolemeios, and both technically never existed on the grid to begin with.
You're thinking about things way too much. This is supposed to be something completely stupid, so there's no need to bring in explanations about who has codenames and who doesn't.
Areku

Sheesh, if Saji already has two whole topics and 00 is still running, I shudder to think about how many Saji topics will pop up when the official 00 topic ends. Might even give Char a run for his money.

Even though this isn't supposed to be serious, I'm going to stand by Volition Pegasus. It may be too serious for this, but it retains enough little jabs at Saji that I'm content with it.
Kosh wrote:Luhkitmai Reakshunseens

See if someone cracks it. Here's a hint: Ten Shin Han.
I'm getting "look at my reactions", but I can't figure out what the "eens" means. Did you perhaps mean "Reaksheeuns", or is it just over my head?