TARRRPG Chapter 8: Pieces of the Puzzle/Chapter 9 (Space)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Kylern

-Wolf Dragoon Fleet-

The fleet came out of fold space into an uninhabitable region near a debries field. The reason for choosing this area was because they had the protection of a place to hide. This would give the fleet time to recharge its fold drives for the next fold should they run into trouble.

Kyle's fighter landed on the Redemption and made his way to the bridge as quickly as possible. Something was bothering him and even in this relatively safe/secluded spot he felt vulnerable. "We need to set up remote sensors along the perimeter of our location and set them to detect all wave spectrums including Mirage Colloid particles. If any of them malfunction then we have a GN unit coming towards us..." Kyle spouted off as soon as he entered just to see everyone kind of stare at him uncomfortably.

"Don't worry we have already gotten to it. Just relax..." The Captain tried to reassure Kyle that they were safe and ready but it wasn't helping.

"Alright be we need someone on the sensors at all time. Previous encounters I've seen are random and unexpected and something bad always happens. I wouldn't put it past either Fandom or the Federation to already know where we are and could be coming here already."

"Like I already said we have prepared for the worst case senerio. We just need awhile to have the fold drives ready just in case. So go have a cup of de-caf and just relax for now." The Captain was almost giving an order with that last part. But even though he wanted to keep arguing he knew that this conversation was finished. Kyle lowered his head in defeat and headed off to "relax"...

Meanwhile the perimeter of the field was dotted with remote sensors and a tight web of survailence was set up. Lunar corp was letting anyone slip by without being detected including the most trace amount of Mirage Collide. They had learned their lesson from the attack on the Testing facility and wouldn't be caught with their pants down again.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Wingnut

- Theo Rawn, Grey Wolf bridge -

Rawn took their papers and looked them over. Nothing about them seemed out of order, save that they were cyborgs and had at first impression enough personality to make Maarek Stele look like a Toblerone type character.

"Very well. We will be departing as soon as we get word on the final pilot arriving. If he doesn't show up by the designated time, we will leave without him."

Rawn then handed them both the mission objectives and what opposition they were likely to face.
((I'll post exactly what a bit later.))

"Be prepared to launch at any time after we depart. Dismissed."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

The Twins

they did as ordered leaving the bridge and going to standby in the Hanger. they would remain there; ready to follow any and all orders given.

DSK Wraith

Wraith returned to his ship which had been resupplied with fresh GN-Xs. They then formed up with the fresh reinforcements Sterling had summoned to deal with the threat. A fleet of six ships much like the one sent to the battle of the Trinary. They were however better prepared this time and soon the group's "Aces in the Hole" arrived. The four pilots were indeed arrogant but Wraith could tell they were strong enough to serve his proposes.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Zangetsu

-Alex-

Alex's shutle floated adrift in space. "This is Captain Alex Smith contacting the Federation Ship Grey Wolf. Requesting to board."
Wingnut

- Grey Wolf bridge -

"Captain Smith, you are clear to land using the aft hanger entrence." replied the comm officer to Alex's request.

Good, that makes all of them. thought Rawn.
"As soon as he lands, depart for the area of the former Trinary defense system."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Wraith

Wraith's Task force was nearing the Dragoon Fleet's location; all machines had been deployed and Raven saw no need for stealth. The sensors that were deployed guarantied this.

as the four groups approached they made a point of destroying the sensors in their way. While it was too late to hide their presence their numbers could still be obscured even if only slightly.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Zangetsu

Alex quickly landed in the Grey Wolf and stepped out into the hangar. After surveying his surrondings he found some technichians to help unload his mobile suit.
Wingnut

- Theo Rawn, Grey Wolf captain's quarters -

Rawn was looking over the intelligence report on the group of pirates in the area that he was likely to encounter.
It seemed that a major guild was emerging as a controlling force behind most of the attacks in the area since the fall of the Trinary. It seemed that they were waiting for an opportunity like this to present itself and had stored up a sizable force while they were waiting.

They were led by a man named Gon Jem who was known to also pilot a custom metal armor when going on raids. There were also four other pilots that served both as his lieutenants and bodyguards. Zin, with an electronic warfare system metal armor, Gol, with a custom version of a general purpose model made to carry a large weapon, Ganan, who used a modified artillery metal armor, and Lee Sue Min, who used another custom machine with enhanced mêlée abilities.
All of them were ace level pilots and their machines were equally powerful.

Their flagship was an old Zanzibar class ship and most of their fleet used older Fandom warships and mobile suits that were purchased as surplus as mobile suit technology advanced.
They also made use of some Endra class cruisers and their own massed produced metal armor units. Mostly Gwei and Deins units, but were known to use Dolla types against larger and more heavily armored targets as well.

Rawn's group of the Grey Wolf as well as three Salamis Kais would not have an easy time of putting down this pirate guild and protecting commerce in the L2 area.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Aiden managed to get onboard the Redemption just before it went into a space-fold. He was now getting out of his Phantoma and was looking around for someone that could fill him in on the situation.
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Kylern

-Redemption-

The whole crew went on alert as a Fandom fleet appeared out of nowhere and was entering the debris field. The Captain began to give out orders as all squads got into position aboard the ships.

"I want high powered jamming waves deployed and the fleets position obscured as much as possible. All anti-air laser turrets need to be readied for anti-mobile suit combat and all missile tubes loaded. We have to survive for another 15minutes before we can fold again." His orders were relayed to the crew of the three Northhamptons as well. The entire fleet went under an intense curtain of ECM which doubled as a way to stop any of those damn mobile dolls from being deployed against them. But it also stopped any remote type equipment due to the jamming in the area.

The fleet started to pull back slowly in order to not betray its position as they tried to retreat. Six Fandom ships were out there as well as unknown amounts of mobile suits. The group had no intention of fighting a battle when they could easily just slip away without bloodshed. Plus at this point the Fandom had know idea where they were anyways.

-Kyle-

He had already been heading for the hangar decks when a strange unit landed. It was rather odd and a bit larger than their own variable fighters but he didn't mind having another pilot on hand. So running up to the guy Kyle engaged the guy before the man wandered off to far.

"Sorry but you showed up at the wrong time. We have a Fandom fleet out there and I need you to join with Bravo squad if we have to deploy. By the way I'm Lt. Ryder and commanding officer for the Redemption Valk Combat Force." Alpha team was awaiting him and he didn't have time for a lot of idle chat. Hopefully Dreacon would get to his position in Delta Squad. Everyone was on standby and ready to launch at a moment notice if the enemy deployed its forces against them.

(Still hiding in the field. All forces on standby.)
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

"Uhh..Yeah, I guess this will be my first sortie under Lunar Corp. So im guessing all the other teams have been readied.." Aiden turned around and looked at his phantomas monoeye.

"I'll try my best to help you out." He then turned around and began unlocking the cockpit hatch.
Kylern

Kyle gave a grin. "I guess you haven't heard but Lunar Corp cut us off. We're now the Wolf Dragoons." He gave a cliche thumbs up as the guy turned towards his strange unit.

"By the way what is that thing?" He had to ask before he went to his own deck to meet with Alpha. His VF-25S was also sitting up there ready for him as well.
Sume Gai

Wraith

The fleet had been where Lady Sterling had told him. they were attempting to hide them selves using jamming devices but Raven would not fail. With any need for stealth gone Raven opened himself reached out with his mind. The four in their red machines had done the same the Dragoon Fleet had no place to hide.

-Northampton teams-

in three of the formations 5 Gunner ZAKUs took the front and fired their Orthros toward the smaller ships from outside their AA batteries defense range. most of the beams missed, hit the Chunks of Space debris or were deflected by PPBs but a three managed to get lucky and hit Cheyennes which were not protected by PPBs. As soon as they finished firing the Gunner groups each dropped behind a line of 10 Slash ZAKUs who readied to intercept the imminent missile barrage. Each group continued a general advance toward the Dragoon fleet a Geymalk near the rear.

-Redemption team-
The Redemption team was led by Raven. and 9 GN-Xs, each of which were Fandom Aces. the Formation also contained 15 Slash ZAKUs and a Geymalk. Without the Gunners they could not hope to strike from this range but this group also continued to advance.

Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Aiden turned around, "This is the Laborous Extra-Terrestial Vehicle; Phantoma. And I forgot to introduce myself also. My name is Aiden Sagara, I hope we can work peacefully together." He then slid into his machine and turned on the LEV, "Hello, begin calibrating operational systems?" the mech had an AI that was really quite as simple as a computer that spoke, then understood commands, and nothing else.

"Begin, we need to be ready to launch any moment." After a few seconds the mech was finished starting up and gave a notification also. "Calibrating comple-e-e-e-," He kicked the controls,"-te ready to-*static*--Wear a helmet." Aiden didnt mind the stupidity of his machine and moved it to a better launch position.
Kylern

(Fraking hell! Gai your just trying to piss me off)

-Fleet-

The enemy was now on its attack and it became apparent they would have to fight. All four ships pointed their weapons at the incoming enemy forces and then unleashed a full broad side. The Redemption fired off 6 long range missiles up out of the debris field ICBM style and then sent them after the 6 Fandom ships. It then unleashed its 12 medium missiles launchers at the incoming enemy forces until they got into range of its 24 laser turrets.

The Northhamptons packed more firepower as they brought all their guns to bare against their own troubles. Each ship was armed with two heavy main guns, two heavy missile launchers, eight anti-warship cannons, six medium missile launchers, and twelve laser turrets. And this mass of fire was unleashed in salvos.

Then the VF-11 squads kept on the ships were launched to engage the enemy forces. The Cheyenne's fired off their missile launchers and heavy beam cannons at the enemy forces before using their gatling guns when the battle got to close.

-Kyle-

"Lets get these bastards!" Kyle mounted his VF-25S in its FA pack. All his ammo was refilled and he launched in order to stop the onslaught of powerful units coming at them. All three squads on the Uraga class ship were also launched to help with the battle.

-Captain-

"All units hold the enemy until we can fold out. Meaning I need everyone to return before time is up so you don't get left behind." He gave the order as everyone fought their hardest to defend the small fleet from what could be their deaths.
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

He started to launch as the rumbling of the battle outside could be heard and proceeded to do so at full speed."Ohh..what's this? Long range ship to ship cannon fire? I'd do best to fly below the cross-fire." He was getting closer and closer to using his laser machine gun as enemy MS approached the fleet.
Sume Gai

(sorry; I'm doing as I've been told.[size=0]not that I'm not going to enjoy seeing VFs get beat[/size] do realize that odds are against me though)

Redemption Group

as they moved into range of the enemies guns they predictably opened fire. The group "scattered but in way which preserved the general formation. the Slash ZAKU's took to opportunity to use their Beam Gatlings on the incoming missiles and then turning their attention to VF-11s.

Raven and the GN-Xs each chose a target; Raven chose the VF-25G. opening the fight with a shot from his rifle.

One of the GN-X's was the target of Aiden's LMG fire and responnded by jerking left and firing his own GN Beam Rifle.

-Northamptom Groups-

The smaller groups did thing similar to the larger one breaking apart while maintaining a 2 to 1 formation. the Slash ZAKUs playing a defensive role against the missiles and the VF's.

The Gunners again took aim and fired at the Northampton classes in the best unison they could muster. Two of the smaller ships lost a few Cheyennes but the last was not as lucky; The five shots hit at almost the same time and proved too much for the PPBs to block leaving a gaping hole in the front of the ship.

-Ships-

The Ships in Wraith's fleet had been instructed to act only in defense. and as the Large Missiles headed their way they did just that. each opening fire with both AA guns and larger weapons. however 1 of the missiles broke through to smash into the side of one of the Nazcas. though not crippling the damage was severe

-Geymalks-

as the VF's entered combat each Geymalk deployed it's 2 mother funnels from behind the main groups. These Mother funnels carried their 14 child funnels toward the groups of VFs where they were deployed.

Each mother-child set chose a VF and dispersing around their target fired 14 beams at the target from various directions. No PPB was ready for that many attacks. 8 11G types were ripped apart in the maelstrom of beam attacks

Strike_Rouge_Mk2

A GN-X was close to Aiden and fired a beam at him, he dodged by using shoulder thrusters to get out of the way, Then responded by firing a salvo of missiles from his backpack and continued to keep some distance between the him and the GN-X. While doing so he told the Beta Squad to intercept any other MS that come within firing range of the Redemption.

(9 GN-X aces and a whole bundle of ZAKU's, along with some ZZ MS I'm not famaliar with...Large scale battle ftw?)
Zangetsu

Alex instructed the technicians were to place the Qu Rai and then headed up to see the Captain. He stopped outside his quarters and knocked. "This is Captain Alex Smith requesting permission to enter."
Kylern

-Fleet-

The crippled Northhampton's crew did their best to try and save their badly damaged ship but it became apparent quickly that things were about over. The order to abandon ship was given... But the systems were put on autopilot and the ship advanced towards the Fandom fleet with its guns still firing until its final demise.

The survivors were quickly tried to rescue by the other ships but due to the firefight it was difficult to coordinate the operation. Time was running down until the new fold opened but they had to keep fighting until that moment.

-VF's Squads-

Space became a massive furball with gunfire and missiles flying at the squad attached to the dying frigate tried to keep their own efforts up. This was difficult because the enemy had specifically chosen units to kill them personally. It was insane and many more were bound to die trying to survive the bits because they were the main threat.

-Kyle-

His own target had appeared on the battlefield... The custom Huckebien fired on him but after a quick barrel roll he evaded the single shot and transformed into Battleroid mode. Kyle started his own attack with a blaze of beam gunpod fire along with the beam machine-guns mounted on his hips.