TARRRPG Chapter 9: Race to the Orient (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis thought for a moment before answering.

"something did seem to be bothering him.. but I don't think-"

at this time the Delta landed but not the Gawain. Tallis was confused; even as the minutes ticked by the Gawain was nowhere in sight.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Zangetsu

Zangetsu who had just finished catching up with Stellar and had left the infirmary felt Wan's attack. 'Arghhh!!! Zaraki mind helping out here.' he asked.

'Tch, fine.' thought Zaraki as he shielded Zangetsu from the attack.

"Something is happening outside." said Zangetsu as he made his way to the hangar and found a large group of pilots standing around. "What happening?" Zangetsu looke daround the hangar and noticed the missing Gwain. "Where's Gai?"
Omega

Zaine knew the Delta returning by itself was a bad sign... the realization of why came to him. "Gai... was worried he might not be coming back..." He muttered. Damn... an ace shot down is never a good thing... Zaine thought to himself. He knew he needed to train and become a better pilot to help this ship, especially with one of their aces dead.
"I'm... sorry, Tallis, but I think Gai is dead..." He told her, knowing she'd face the truth sooner or later.
Zangetsu

Zangetsu stood completly still for a moment, mouth agap. "Wait before you pronounce him dead." Zangetsu said as he tried to find Gai with his newtype abilities. It took him forever but, he found him kinda. "Gai is alive for now but, I can't pinpoint his location." he said as he fell over from the strain.
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

by this time Gai was too weak to be detected; what Zangetsu had found was Wan. Wan was not happy about the intrusion; so, in response, He jabbed at Zangetsu's mind and sent the images of the Gawain's destruction.

Tallis Stenner

"NO that's Impossible"

Tallis didn't even wait to hear anything else. She rushed to the Delta and Cornered Strike before he could get away.

"Strike where's Gai What happened?"

her voice made it clear she was frantic.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Strike Zero

Strike gave a start as Tallis rushed over to him and began to franticly demand what had happened to Gai. He could only shake his head in response.

"I'm sorry... I don't know for certain. By the time I arrived, he was nowhere to be found. But... I have to assume that he was shot down and killed by Wan Fey Lo. The Delta's scanners couldn't even detect a trace of the Gawain, much less Gai..."
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Volnixshin

Bio had strapped his newly aquired armor from Otto onto his body. It was sligthly heavy, but it had thrusters on its legs and shoulders. It would do him some good, and in the time, it would increase his muscle mass. Afterwards, Bio and Otto boarded their ship and headed north west towards China. It would be a long trip, so Otto and Bio put together a rigourous training schedual. Soon they would meet with fellow Fandom forces.
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis to this point had not realized that she cared about Gai anymore than anyone else aboard the Ceres. The value of what you have cannot be appreciated till it is lost. This Proved true once again: It had been thanks to him that she was with the Gundam team; and what of his promise to teach her how to pilot? The idea that he was gone felt somehow alien to her

"no.."

This time her voice was soft and pleading but she soon found herself wondering the halls of the Ceres with no destination in mind...

Zangetsu

"AAAAHAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" screamed Zangetsu as Wan attack went through. he lay there there on the ground as he processed the images Wan had sent. "Gai.......The Gwain was destroied by.......By........By a man named Wan. He has the Gurren and a team of Akutskis. Gai didn't stand a chance by himeself." he said finaly standing up. "Down a member....How?" he said as he went off to vent his frustration in the sims.
Omega

-Zaine-

Wait a... I hope she isn't going to do that. Even if Tallis would hate Zaine for it, He had to find out where she was headed. Wan... when I find you... i'll kill you! Zaine thought but quickly refocused his mind on Tallis. Zaine then ran out of the hangar after her.
SNT1

--Rachel--

She didn't even hear Ruka's next question as she jumps of her unit. She signals with her hand to Ruka to get down the ground. With a colorful expression she reports, "Captain Anne, reporting!"

After all the pleasantries she finds the Sidewinder ZetaPlus and cut to the chase, "Are our units being upgraded?"

"Well, not now," a figure appears from the midst of the military folks. "You can call me Antonio, I'm the head of Sidewinder."

"Ah," Rachel notes, bowing and shaking hands. "You pilot that beauty? Seems like quite a joy ride," Rachel points to the decal-laden unit with ovesized engines.

"Hah, no. We have a test pilot, who had a brush with the war. he can tell you all about it from a pilot's perspective. Unfortunately he's a bit of a shy bird, I can still drag him out if you want me to," Antonio jokes.

"Ha! Naw, that's fine, in fact like a guy I used to --"

*flashback of Slug trying to chase Rachel with his RX-78 Model kit*

"--err, know, thats...like that," Rachel stammers, "Boy that was a boring trip. I could use some Advils eh?"

"Heh, come on in, The Federation bigs apparently want us to spend more time with your group and how we can improve the Airmaster units."

Rachel follows Antonio, What's with all these images? Oh god, he's around isn't he? Waaaiiiit... no way, he never wanted to go to the military and its 'discipline. Then again, 10 years... What does he look like? Ack! I don't even know if he's really here!'
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Omega

-Ruka-

She decided to go relax in the base. Ruka found a lounge to relax in and ate a meal. After noticing a guy leading Rachel somewhere, she tries to talk herself out of tailing them. Sadly, curiosity gets the better of her and she's soon following behind them(far enough to hopefully avoid being noticed).

-Zaine-

It doesn't take long for Zaine to find Tallis. He'd normally leave a girl alone after something like this, but something wouldn't let it be the end of it. It seems his body reacted without him knowing, and he found himself holding Tallis by the arm. He decided to say something... "Tallis... I... He meant a lot to you didn't he?" Zaine asked hoping he chose the right words.
SNT1

--Slug--
--Rachel--

Going towards the lounge, for her abilities, it didn't seem to take much to figure out she's being followed. Rachel stops, turns around, walks a few steps, and finds Ruka. Rachel just sighs and shrugs, then contiuned forward again.

meanwhile, Slug apparently decides to see the new units up close. Holding bottled water and an energy bar he walks out to the lounge where he sees Antonio. "Yo, how'd they go?"

"Awesome dude. Cool people. You should check out the leader of the squad. She's quite something!"

"Oh?--" Slug sees the 'leader of the squad.'

Rachel stops dead in her tracks when she sees the man before her, with all the flashbacks flashing in her head now.

"Slug?" She barely squeaks out.

"Eh?" Slug isn't so sure what she's so shocked about yet, except for the fact that his name's known.

DUN DUN DUUUNNN
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Cybaster

-Light Warriors-

Among the Light Warriors, the effect of Wan's attack varied. Masamune merely winced at the slight, brief poke in his mind that passed in a few seconds, shaking his head off of it; Kirie, being more mentally honed, felt it as well, slightly stronger, the headache stopping him in his tracks. Hurriedly, Kirie clasped his hands together and cleared his mind and heart, blanking them with rhythmic breathing --- just as quickly, Kirie's mind cleared of the pain and he fully recovered, and remembering his own mission, Kirie quickly moved into a dash and began looking for Emily again. Black Mage, perhaps strangely, felt nothing at all, and he blinked quizzically in the Ashura Temple's cockpit as various people in the hanger suddenly ran around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Emily was a wholly different story.

"Squeek!" Emily squealed, falling to her knees at the pulsing mental pain and clutching her head hard with both hands. She closed her eyes and shook her head; It wasn't going away, and Emily knew that if she didn't do something soon...panting, Emily focused, and concentrated on a single thought in her head, formulating something to defend her with the Power of Belief.

"...Must...think...of...CR10 Winged Purple Elephants with +15 Will Saves!!!"

When said Winged Purple Elephant appeared in Emily's mind and cutely glomped her, the pain disappeared, and Emily giggled as she felt ticklish. She stood, clutching herself, and then burst out giggling --- the worst of Wan's attack was no longer affecting Emily anymore, not with CR10 Winged Purple Elephant with +15 Will Saves guarding her. And then Emily gasped, hands over her mouth, when she realized that Lune did not have this protection if it affected her.

Mentally sending a second Purple Elephant ahead to her, Emily broke into a run and continued to run off to find Lune, hoping that the attack wasn't having an adverse effect on her --- and that Emily's Purple Elephant was in time if it did.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Omega

-Ruka-

After getting caught by Rachel, Ruka silently turned around and went back to the lounge. After finishing her meal, Ruka decides to go to the hangar and ask the mechanics to install an armor system she heard about in the academy. Upon reaching it, she noticed a man facing Rachel, and outright fainted.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis eventually found herself in the simulator room; the same one that she and Gai had used earlier that day. She sat on bench as she had finally accepted the fact that he had died. She let her tears flow in the quite lonely room.

it was a few hours before she was found and by that time her tears were spent but the red around her eyes would give it away.

Omega

-Zaine-

After she slipped out of his grip and wandered off, Zaine found the pendant he dropped, picked it up, and resumed his search. a few hours later, he found her in the simulator room. Zaine decided to simply get in the simulator, and booted up a training program. "I... know it's not much... but i could use a sparring partner." Zaine said, wanting to try and cheer her up. Noticing the suit wasn't a model he was familiar with, he ended up blurting out a remark. "What the... heck is that?" looking at the suit in confusion.
Wingnut

- Lune -

Lune was walking out of the infirmary after getting something for the headache that had come out of nowhere on her when for some reason an image of a Winged Purple Elephant entered her mind.
What the hell...? she wondered as she shook off the image and what was remaining of the pain as she saw Emily running down the hallway towards her.

- Ryker -

"Acknowledged, Strike." Ryker said with a note of sadness in his voice. "Return to the ship. I'll contact Aidoneus and get them to do a more thorough search of the area."

So they finally managed to get one of them. This shows that we have to remain unified at all times or more lives will be lost.

"Helm, continue on course for China."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Zangetsu

Zangetsu stepped out of the simulator pods and noticed Tallis and the new guy. "Tallis I'm sorry about Gai but, none of us have proper timeto mourn his death. he sad as he sat down next to her. "If you don't mind my asking are you going to still try and be a pilot? We need one now more than ever. I'll help you in any way I can, including by taking revenge on Wan for this.....This......Injustice...." he managed to say before his eyes started to tear. he brought his sleaveup and whiped his eyes as they turned slightly yellow. "I promise he will pay, Tallis. He'll pay with his life. Won't he Zaraki?" said Zangetsu as his eyes turned compltly yellow and he gained a pycotic apperance.

"I'll tear him to sherds. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!" laughted Zaraki before returning to Zngetsu.
Omega

-Zaine-

Zaine got out of the simulator, curious about Zangetsu's question. "Tallis can pilot an MS?" Zaine asked, He turned to face her and decided to whisper something into her ear. he approached her, and bent down to where she could hear him. ("If you want to be a pilot, then i promise you that i'll help you in any way possible.") Zaine said to her in a low tone, emphasizing the word promise, before getting up to move away.