TARRRPG Chapter 8: Island Oasis (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
SNT1

--Maria--

There was no way---she almost enters her ship when the bridge started to go away. Infiltrated?... I knew it, this sort of tactic wouldn't work, not on their main base for crying out loud....I'm still alive, though. These thoughts raced on Maria's mind as she looked for the surviving carriers to take her wounded Legend over.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Cybaster

-Emily-

"Wingnut? Is everything alright?"

Emily had noticed that Wingnut almost shot the Red Eagle in the back, without warning, with calculated efficiency and at that precise moment, she felt her fear well up back in her; It was as if Zero was alive, and still teasing her with Wingnut. But Wingnut stopped, and at the sight and the pressure from Wingnut's Zero System fading again, Emily breathed a sigh of relief --- and she wheeled the Unicorn around to keep herself in formation with Lune and Wingnut. The astute would notice that Emily had almost missed the formation by a fraction of a second with her thoughts, as if she was feeling something again, from within the base, Emily narrowing her eyes at the hanger vicinity where the DC's most powerful machines sat.

Something, while dormant --- for now --- that was ten times more intense and destructive than even the Wing Zero itself. But for now, Emily shook her head and quickly returned her attention to Lune and Wingnut. What will come, will come; Emily would have to deal with it step by step.
Last edited by Cybaster on Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
hellbore

-Hellbore-

"Hellbore! Incoming on your right!"

Hellbore turned and saw the charging Epyon and swung the beam rifle in his right hand and fired three shots at it. The hastily aimed fire missed but the black suit kept coming. The Epyon drew closer and just as they would connect Hellbore lifted himself up and over the charge and while he was still mid trust, flipped upside down and fired another Full Burst at the back of the black Epyon.

-Juuso-

Juuso and his team had taken out another detachment of Lions from the DC when the Thanatos' bridge was vaped. As the massive plane began to slowly fall to the ocean below, Major Gordon came over the comm, "All units withdraw from the area and return to base. The Thanatos has taken a fatal hit and the Federation forces have been defeated as well. There's no point in staying unless we want to die." Juuso smiled to himself a little. Raven would not be pleased. "Practice team you heard the Major. We're bugging out." The four metal armours swung in a wide arc and turned toward where the Kamaitachi waited.
Strike Zero

His weapons lock warning tore Strike's gaze away from the falling Thanatos, and towards the glowing Golden Bawoo-type mobile suit that was bearing on him.

He raised an eyebrow, then keyed the COM. "It's... Zabowski, right?"
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
The Big Zabowski

-Michael-

The Black Bawoo's green-yellow GN field shimmered as the sunlight phased through it, the Suit closing on the grey-gold Delta. It was then that the message sounded itself in his 'ear'.

"It's Zabowski, right?"

Michael quirked a brow and shook off the pause in the message as some sort of Federal ruse.

"Shut it, Fed. Cease operations and surrender otherwise I'll open fire. This is your only warning."

Michael opened up a comm to the Ceres.

"Ryker, this is Radachi. I have an unidentified suit here that just knocked the Thanatos out of the sky. It might be Fed. I'm attempting to detain him now."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

The losses suffered this time were immense, the Thantos and a Dark Star Knight as well add that to the losses suffered by their metal armor groups and it was staggering. Sure the DC had received significant damage as well but it was little solace when the group returned so much smaller than it had left.

Upon landing in his transport he opened a line to the Kamitachi and requested to speak with the Red Eagle.

"Sir; I have a request, I'd like permission to launch an independent operation."

Sume Gai

Gai returned to the Hanger. He hadn't done much during the fight save dueling some grunts and scaring off the Alvaraan but for some reason he felt an odd inkling in the back of his mind; something telling him that there was something foul coming their way.

Alex Bloke

Alex was doing what he could to help the remaining DC units; the base was very badly damaged from the battle and losses were severe; even his own unit had received damage; though relatively minor compared to some.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Lowind

-Hiwind-

The Epyon spun to the right around so quickly that the right wing deflected every single blast of the Freedom without much damage thanks to the armor and momentum. Lowind would feel pain if he tried that manuever, but Hiwind neither felt it nor cared.

Hiwind felt the beam sword nick the enemy across the chest as a result of the spin. Not that it caused even noticable damage, but even the slightest scratch was all that Hiwind need to go even more berserk.

"You are dying... Haha... RAAA!" The Epyon started to rev up for another stroke-

-Lowind-

And I wake up, talk a little in meta, then decide that enough is enough. Hiwind was squeezed back into the pure ld area where he belonged.

"Had fun? Let's continue next time, friend."

The Epyon fired a blast from the GN Pistol at point blank range to force the Freedom out of the way, then broke through, diving downwards into the ocean to where the Efreet Custom was last seen.

A few moments later the Epyon broke through the surface with the Efreet Custom dragged along by its arm.

"Hey. Still alive, imbecile? I didn't dare use the Epyon system past the third time in fear of a situation like this..."
Cybaster

-Masamune-

When Lowind dragged the Efreet Custom up from the water, however, two things became apparent. The first was that, with the cockpit hatch opened, Masamune was no longer in it, and the bag which Masamune had underneath his seat --- as well as his trademark Western-style Saber that had been Masamune's primary weapon ever since Samurai Warriors 2 --- was missing. Masamune had, apparently, either drowned in the water or taken a swim.

The second, that would likely become apparent only after a glance in the cockpit, was that the Epyon System was missing as well.
Last edited by Cybaster on Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wingnut

- Ryker -

There was little that Ryker and the rest of the bridge crew could do in this battle outside of monitor communications and pray that the rock ceiling didn't come crashing down on their heads.

However the battle had ended and the mobile suits were beginning to return to the ship.
"Sir, I have a transmission for you from Radachi in the Bawoo K, audio only."

"Patch it through." replied Ryker.

"I have an unidentified suit here that just knocked the Thanatos out of the sky. It might be Fed. I'm attempting to detain him now."

"Understood. Force him to land outside on the island and determine who the pilot is and what his intentions are. I'd have you bring him here, but I don't want a repeat of what happened with you on the Osprey."

- Red Eagle -

"Acknowledged. Open a laser comm between our ships as soon as we get clear of Aidoneus and you can tell me exactly what you have planned."
At this point we need to come away with more than just depleting the DC forces. We need a Gundam head to our credit or it will be our heads that get delivered higher up.

- Wingnut -

"Wingnut? Is everything alright?" came Emily's voice over the comm system and her face on Wingnut's monitor.
"Yeah. We're good here. Why do you ask?"
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Volnixshin

Bio's attempts at transmission with Red Eagle were fruitless. Surely he was just away and couldn't be reached. Taking their leave, the ship headed East for Easter Island, there they would dock and resupply and wait for news on the Fandom main forces.
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
hellbore

-Hellbore-

Hellbore's fire was deflected from the Epyon has he spun around and nicked the Freedom above the beam cannon. This close he was already moving when the beam pistol was fired at where he was. As they Epyon moved away. Hellbore powered down all the weapons and made back toward the island.
Cybaster

-Emily-

Emily was about to begin but soon thought better of it. She shrugged. "No...nevermind. Don't worry about it. ...So what happens now?"
Omega

-Zaine-

Ngh... Zaine mumbled hearing a beeping sound that bought him around A distress signal? He managed to get up which is when he noticed his wound was bandaged. Who did that...? He thought as he decided to enter the Ceres feeling it was time to answer Commander Ryker's question... but he had to figure out something first.
When I was fighting Dante, where did that surge of strength come from?... I had been fighting to avenge my team... my friends, but... Then it came to him. I fought to protect...! The power to protect others... the power to change the world... that's what the Gundam represents... I can answer you now Commander. Zaine thought as he made his way to the elevator leading to the bridge of the ship, having the answer Commander Ryker wanted.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai had secured the Gawain and was getting out when he noticed Tallis nearby.

"Hey Tallis! How are you?"

"Just fine Gai and you."

"a bit worn out but nothing a good meal won't fix; care to join me?"

"sorry I already ate and I have some work to do here for the next couple hours."

"Ah well when that's done how bout some more sim time?"

this time Tallis took a few seconds to think it over

"sure that sounds good same place?"

"yeah."

Wan Fey Lo

as the ships finally moved out of range Wan's transport positioned itself and began sending an encoded laser signal. in it were a list of needed supplies and personnel including a sub a large amount of seemingly random parts.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Omega

Zaine decided to wait until the commander had a spare moment. Instead, he went to take the MS he brought in earlier back to the junkyard to retrieve the pendant he traded to get the suit. the rookie pilot somehow managed to do so, and make it back to the Ceres. He decided to confront the Commander and give him the answer he was expecting to hear... or catch him off-guard with the answer he found after looking back on the battle with Dante. Upon arriving at the bridge , He said calmly, "Commander, I believe I can answer you now." with newfound resolve in his voice.
Kylern

The 747 was placed on a lift in the spot where it had come up from the lower floors. Then it disappeared underground in order to be repaired after the serious damage Kylern put it through. Once again everytime Kylern went out to fight he brought his machine in horrible condition. All the individuals involved in the Temjin felt sorry for the poor machine because its pilot lacked experience and insight to keep it out of the shop.

From the stretcher Kylern began to open his eyes weakly. "So did we win?" He asked looking around to see that everyone had come back safely.

"Yes we did. Good job out there Kylern." The medic said this with a smile as Kylern started to laugh a little.

"Well I'm not dead again but I think I over did it like normal." He tried to lift himself up from the stretcher and found his body hurting pretty bad. It was weak and it wanted to sleep even if its owner didn't. He forced himself from the stretcher and onto his feet with some struggle.

"You should rest sir." Once again this fell on deaf ears as Kylern started to walk towards were everyone was leaving a pretty dumbstruck Medic staring. Kylern pulled the sensors from his head as well as the needle from his arm before heading for the other pilots to see how everyone was doing.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Wingnut

- Ryker -

"Answer me, Zaine? For what question?"

"The question you asked me about what I was fighting for beyond stopping Dante. This may sound cliché but I fight to protect others, and to change the world for the better. To me that's what the Gundam represents, and it's why I can and will still fight."

After a moment a smirk came on Ryker's face. "You're right, it is cliché. However, I can tell that you mean what you are saying and I'll hold you to what you just said. Welcome aboard then, but for now go and get patched up. You don't really look that good right now."

Zaine saluted and said "Yes, sir. I will not let you down." before leaving the bridge and doing as Ryker suggested.

- Wingnut -

"I'm not sure yet. It all depends on what role the DC would have us play from now on. For now, let's just get back to the Ceres and see what happens."

Wingnut pushed forward on the controls and the Wing Zero began walking back across the island towards the dock where the Ceres was.
Observing the damage in the form of scorch marks where the Lohengrin had hit and the many wrecks of mobile weapons from both sides, Wingnut and Zero came to the same conclusion.
Another attack like that and this place might not survive.

- Red Eagle -

Charles was in his seat looking over the details of what Wan was sending him. It was a bold plan, but it was also one that the Gundam Team might not be suspecting, especially so soon after a major attack. And if it succeeded, then it might serve to cool Raven Sterling's temper.

He then sent a return signal that gave his approval to proceed as outlined.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

-Camilla-

Sneering and seeing the battle pretty much lost and the Fandom pulling away, Camilla shook her head and, quickly, wheeled the Sisquiede around. With one more look at Aidoneus Island and vowing to be back inwardly --- Camilla would not be proven incompetent --- she turned away and flew into the sky, heading in the direction of the other SNRI units outside Aidoneus Island's perimeter.

-Emily-

At that, the girl nodded, inwardly noting Wingnut's serious demeanor. He's worried, and very much so --- the Divine Crusaders right now were, metaphorically, an island onto itself, a group boxed in between multiple factions, pincered in between, isolated and alone. As Emily thought about what might happen to Lune and the DC, her hand went to her heart and gripped at the flight suit there tightly; All the Federation and Fandom needed to do now was to hit Aidoneus Island again, and again, and again, until the DC was forced to either evacuate...or surrender.

A Glass Kingdom, Emily remarked grimly.

"Understood, Wingnut, I'll be right behind you guys. After you, Miss Lune." Emily sulked and beckoned, the Unicorn Gundam waiting for everyone else to land first.

-Masamune-

Panting and nearly exhausted, Date Masamune finally hauled himself onto an isolated beach on the other side of Aidoneus Island, dragging himself along the sand until, past the wave line, he finally let himself slump down. Not for long, however; Imbecile, Masamune mentally willed himself, pride, anger and humiliation burning within him. How could he have lost so easily against the other Zero System? That pilot in the Gundam Team dispatched Masamune like it was nothing at all... Get up, Masamune. By the might of Aizu, I command you to get up!

Then Masamune sat up, looked around him, and realized where he was; He was on the DC's home base, Aidoneus Island. In the distance the Fandom were pulling away, retreating. Without him. Masamune hammered his left fist onto the sand in an almost blind rage; The battle was over and the Fandom were defeated.

Masamune was marooned here and, once the DC discovers that the Efreet Custom's pilot had not been killed, as good as dead.

Am I truly finished? Is this it? I will not go like this. Not without revenge. Masamune picked himself up and quickly, quietly, ran off the beach and into the treeline, inside a tall bush to compose himself. Not quietly. After hiding himself in a bush and looking around --- nobody here yet, meaning the DC were probably preoccupied with gathering survivors and repairing their facilities on the other side of the island, fortunately for Masamune --- he allowed himself a sigh of relief and finally dragged his waterproof bag forward, opening the seal and putting it aside. Then, with a deep breath to compose his rage, Masamune opened it and began glancing into its contents.

Masamune had seen this before. It was the Special Operations bag Ishikawa had issued to Masamune long before he even met up with the Kamaitachi, accomodating just that situation --- and within it, sitting snugly, was the Epyon System Masamune took off of the Efreet Custom before the Mobile Suit went down. Absently, a part of Masamune's mind returned to the conversation leading up to that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Pay attention, Masamune. This is your Special Ops bag --- it holds everything you'll need to accomplish your mission in close quarters, if needs be." Ishikawa Shigetaka glanced deviously at Masamune, who was standing next to him before the table in Osaka Castle's briefing room. In front of them, on that table, were various items --- Masamune's kit, which Ishikawa was now grabbing and putting into a black, waterproof bag. Masamune frowned; All this for one girl? "Right."

Ishikawa first held up a small, black box with a single button on it. "Your Stealth Unit, developed in parallel to the Gold Frame Amatu used by the Dark Star Knights. It uses the same Mirage Colloid system the Gold Frame uses --- when activated, it'll render you invisible to virtually everything...eyesight, visual scanning, radar, sonar, microwave, infrared, ultraviolet, contour-scanning, you name it. It'll even render you invisible to Newtype senses, but this thing has a rather short battery time...an hour at most, so be quick."

"So you'll have me be, what, a Ninja like Hanzo and Kunoichi?"

"If it works, Masamune. You don't have a choice."

Masamune sneered. "We'll see."

"Right. Now, these." Ishikawa next held up two cylindrical grenades after putting the Stealth Unit in the box. "Gamma Gas. Instantaneous acting, four second fuse after priming. Causes death in 40 seconds." Masamune glanced at the grenades with absolute disdain; Ishikawa rolled his eyes. "Don't look at me like that. Again, you don't have a choice. Now." Ishikawa put the grenades in the bag and held out two yellow Combipen Tubes. "Antidote, in case you're actually dumb enough to inhale your own gas. Mid-neck, into the vein. Be quick --- you don't have long."

"Whatever."

The next thing Ishikawa held up was a double-sided cylinder with a mouthpiece in the middle. "Compressed oxygen for underwater breathing. 30 minute duration." Then Ishikawa put the cylinder into the bag and pulled up four plastic-like malleable rectangles in yellow wrapping. "Plastic Explosives, for blowing through walls, doors, and windows."

The more Masamune glanced at the bag, the less pleasant he felt about this. "Next. Portable vest, so you can get everything at once in a hurry. And finally..." After folding the vest and putting it into the bag and putting more common items --- flashlight, compass, winch and climbing shot rope --- into it as well, Ishikawa held up the last item on the table --- a metallic, medium-sized Victorian Era-style dual-barreled pistol and a box of long, Spitzer-style bullets. "Modified for added lethality. 20 bullets, armor-piercing, depleted uranium."

"Is that it?"

Ishikawa finally closed the bag and sealed it, shoving it into Masamune's hands. Masamune took it uncertainly. "That's it. Best of luck to you."

"Good." Masamune sneered at that, and walked away. "If I had to listen to you spout more of this dishonor, I'd be kicking your nose in, Ishikawa."

"Honor does nothing, Masamune. Not here."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"..............................."

As Masamune sighed and put on the vest, he pursed his lips together; He'd never thought he'd actually be doing this. When Epyon was advising him to be ruthless and brutal, it felt so right, but now...it seemed overly excessive. If Masamune was going to die, he was going to die fighting --- and if he could take Bian Zoldark with him, all the better.

But now Masamune wasn't feeling too sure. Isn't there another way? Masamune had fought through entire castles by his lonesome before, carved through armies --- admittedly, they hadn't been modern armies with guns and Mobile Suits --- with only his Western Saber and a Pistol, and inspired fear in friend and foe alike with his mere presence. But here he was, moving around like a Ninja...

Shrugging, Masamune continued putting items on his vest in silence, determined to prepare himself for what probably was his very last stand on Aidoneus Island.
Wingnut

- Lune -

Seeing that Emily was determined to see that she was safe, Lune floated down to the ground as well and began walking closely behind Wingnut.
An interesting sight in itself as the seemingly more intimidating Gundam came up only to the bust line of the larger and much less threatening in appearance Valsione.

- Bian -

Not long after Ryker had finished with Zaine, a call came in from Bian himself which Ryker went to his quarters to take.
The Gundam team had been the driving force behind the attack on the island, and Bian could not afford to have the DC HQ go though such another battle.

Ryker's face appeared finally on Bian's monitor. "You wished to speak with me?"

"Yes, and it concerns the future of your Gundam Team. As you may have noticed, they are often a target for Fandom attacks and had they sent a larger force, this island may have fallen. I can not allow that to happen now.
As such, as soon as they are ready to be deployed again, I am going to keep your group as mobile as possible to keep the Fandom from launching a massive offensive like this again. Therefore you will be headed to Asia to help out native forces that are allied with no one repel Fandom advances in the area. Their regaining a major influence in the region would not be a good thing for anyone right now so it will be your job to help those living there to keep them out."

"Understood." replied Ryker. "I'm sorry that we have caused so much trouble for you."

"Do not concern yourself with how much a bother you think you have been. Instead focus your efforts on repair and resupply. Keeping yourself in the best shape possible is what will be of most help to the DC right now."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kylern

Kylern watched as the Gundam pilots walked away back towards their ship without being able to say a single word to them. They had protected the island better than he ever could and now they ignored DC. His energy finally drained from his body as he dropped to his knees panting.

"Sir!" The Medic ran over to catch the outworlder before he felt forward even more.

"I guess in the end I can't help them..." He muttered before his eyes closed and he fell asleep. The medic gave a sigh and with the help of his partner carried Kylern down to the dorms so that he could sleep.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG