PHASE 5: Natural Coordination (14th Fleet)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
ScornMandark

James turned to Dalos. "Was it something I said?" His slightly wolfish grin belied his innocence.

~~~~~~~~~

Stan had totally lost himself into his novel when he heard a door open and someone drop a bag on the floor. He checked the time, 'Hm, only about 15 minutes. Most take at least 20.' He grinned at the thought and put his book down. Leaving his room, he walked across the hall and knocked on her still open door. "Glad you found it, Ensign Lachance." He leaned against the doorframe, backlit by the hall lighting. "You don't happen to have your transfer orders on you, do you?"
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
LadyTaurucis

Transfer orders. So that was what the official-looking envelope stashed in Sanna's backpack had been. She rolled out of bed and picked up her backpack, giving Stan a sardonic look.

Sanna unceremoniously dumped the contents of the backpack onto the floor. Various necessities rained down onto the ground, although an envelope was nowhere to be seen.

She sighed and gave the backpack a good hard shake. The letter containing her transfer orders fluttered out and sailed to the floor, followed by a thick, well-used sketchbook. It opened as it landed on her foot.

Almost instinctively, Sanna reached down and snapped her sketchbook shut, hiding a rather violent and bloody drawing. She tucked it under her arm as she retrieved her transfer orders.

"Something told me that I would need it for something," she said, offering the envelope to Stan.
Nothing says "Girl Power" like a hot pink, 60 foot tall, weapon-toting robot.

Verbal abuse isn't supposed to be refined!
ScornMandark

Mancini

Stan elected not to notice the gruesome drawing in her notebook. It was hers, after all, and they were in a violent business. He did, however, take notice of her surly attitude and marked lack of care.

He raised an eyebrow as he took the envelope from her. "I should say so, without them you'd technically be AWOL. Anyways, the Captain wanted 'em filed for regs sake. We're due to arrive in Copernicus in about an hour and a half, so here's what I'd like to do. Do whatever you need to, but be suited back up in your pilot suit in 30 minutes and meet us in the Hangar. I'll tell the other guys."

He turned to leave, but stopped by the door. He looked back over his shoulder at her. "Just an FYI. I run a pretty loose squad, but the kind of disrespect you've been demonstrating will land you consequences. Just keep it in check, ok?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

James looked at Dalos in the Medical Quarters. "Hey, are you ok to fly? You never gave me a straight answer before Ms. Sanna waltzed in."
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
LadyTaurucis

"Disrespect?" she echoed in her usual hollow voice, trying to keep any hint of emotion hidden. "I was unaware of it. My mother told me that if I remained impassive and reserved, no one would have a reason to bring up an argument with me." The last part was a complete lie, although Sanna was fully confident in her ability to pass it off for truth.

She smiled politely, however. "I am sorry I come off as disrespectful, sir. Social situations are difficult for me to handle."

ScornMandark

Mancini

Stan sighed a little. Were it only that easy...

"Being that as it may, this is not a social organization. Reserved is fine, sarcastic is not. Like I said, just keep an eye on it. I don't have many rules in the squad, but respect is pretty much the big one. You respect me, I respect you. Anyways, like I said, hangar in 30."

Stan then left the room and went over to the medical quarters to check on James and Dalos.
LadyTaurucis

Sanna narrowed her eyes once Stan was gone, resisting the urge to slam her door shut.

Respect. Is that all people care about these days? I'll show them respect when I blow them out of the water in mobile suit combat. Her grip on her sketchbook tightened.

She forced herself to relax, settling on a quick shower before the meeting.

ScornMandark

Stan strolled into the medical quarters, still a little riled up from his meeting with Sanna. 'That girl is gonna get herself in trouble, and the rest of us by proxy. Lord...' The annoyance on his face was mostly gone when he entered Dalos' room. "Hey James, Dalos. We're meeting in the hangar in..." He checked his watch, "...27 minutes. Pilot suits and ready to fly. We're due in Copernicus in a little over an hour, I want us ready. Dalos, if you're not up to it, don't worry about it. James, if you're not up to it, tough." He grinned a bit, starting to relax again. "Ensign Sanna will be joining us, permanent-like. Play nice."

James raised his hands in protest. "Hey, I'm always nice!"
Kavik Ryx

Right after James left, Dalos walked straight to the hanger where he just started pacing like crazy. He was hyped, but there was no way he was going to tell anyone.
LadyTaurucis

Sanna shook water out of her damp hair as she rummaged through her backpack for what she needed. How long did I take? she wondered. Ten minutes? Fifteen minutes? Am I going to be late, or will I be foolishly early for the meeting?

She paused, one hand still tentatively reaching for her shirt.

It never hurts to be too early, Sanna decided, and wriggled into her clothes. But still, I should unpack what I have. I want everyone to know that someone lives in this room.

Only after she had reached the locker room did she realize that anyone could just wander into her quarters and look through her sketchbook.

It does not matter if they do, she told herself as she searched for a pilot suit that fit her. They can look through it. They can like it or hate it. But either way, they will still be horrified by what they will see.

A few minutes later, Sanna sat down beside the hangar doors, suited up with her pilot helmet on the floor next to her. She closed her eyes and waited...

Gambit01

Nakamura gave the Lt. a contemptuous sneer.

"Oh? Well, Lt, my higher-ranked relative may be a fool, an idiot, a pervert, and a number of other things...but at least he isn't a pencil-necked paper-pusher too ineffectual to be anything else."

His previous experiences had done nothing to endure him to the elder Torring.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Sume Gai

Cynthia

"at least my Father is a proper officer"

Cythia gave Nakamura no time to respond to this insult as she with her nose turned up at the thought of Sahashi's "incompetence" and Nakamura's disobedience.

'ship of fools; daddy was right they need order; badly'
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Wedge14

The tension was getting thick in the briefing room. Erin had to get out of there, and perhaps she could stop this powdered keg from blowing sky high.

"Hey!" She suddenly proclaimed bouncing out of her chair. "We're still off duty for a while! Why don't we all catch a bite to eat??"
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Wedge14

Erin was being ignored!? Her self percieved dominance of her shipmates were suddenly being drained by all these new females. Most definatly they both saw Erin as some kind of rival but they had nothing on her. Nothing at all. But being ignored like this she could take it.

Suddenly and magically Erin's head grew disproportionally large while her body shrunk, her eyes transformed into an angry looking triangly shape her mouth into a box filled with jagged teeth. She waved her tiny little nubby arms frantically as she shouted aloud.

"HEY YOU CAN'T IGNORE ME LIKE THIS!!"

She then took a deep breath returning to her normal self. Noone would notice the strange transformation that took place except the viewers at home.

SNT1

Erin shrieks, Mike winces. He was already on his way to cook, and simply says, "Stand down, soldier. We're not here to babysit ya!"

"We have both princesses on the same ship. This cannot end well," Mike mutters nonchalantly...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Fritz Ashlyn

- Turkle -

Jerzy reeled at Erin's outburst and frowned slightly that she hadn't noticed him practically at her side. For once he had decided to humor her and get something to eat. Lt. Santos left, and Jerzy rubbed his ringing ears. "I'll go with you, ensign," Jerzy said quietly, hoping to avert another outburst.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Wedge14

Erin narrowed her eyes and sent a deathly glare towards her commanding officer but before the true and potent hatred could be effectively been administered by this stare she suddenly jumped back in surprise as Jerzy suddenly announced his presence.

She had not noticed him at all. But she quickly smiled and locked arms with the poor fellow.

"Alright!? Is it just me and Jerzy then? Fine! You're all a bunch of losers anyway!"

She turned her head away in disgust. "Come along Jerzy take me away from these people!"

Sume Gai

Harken

Harken had already left by the time of Erin's outburst. He found himself helping the dazed Admiral back to his quarters so he could shake off the effects of a wrench to the head in private.

Harken entered the bridge soon afterwords and sank, exasperated by the admirals antics, into the chair

"How long till we depart?"

Ms. Hayes had seen the feed along with the rest of the active bridge crew but had decided not to bring it up.

"we'll be ready in another 15 minutes; then all we need is clearance from control."

"Show me the course we'll be taking"

with that a diagram of the moon's surface appeared zooming closer to show the path between their current location and Copernicus.

Cynthia Torring

Cynthia finally reached the Scanlan and gave her transfer papers to the captain

"Did you catch the briefing Ms. Torring?"

"Oh yes; live and in person."

Her tone depicted her disgust but the captain who found he couldn't disagree let it slide.

"Your team should be in the hanger right now"

Cynthia saluted and left she hoped that the pilots here were at least respectful...
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
ScornMandark

Mancini

James walked into his room and quickly changed into his pilot suit. He ran his hand through his hair and tucked his helmet under his arm. Not much time to prep, he had stopped by the mess to grab a bite before changing.

He headed over to the hangar and stopped when he saw Sanna sitting outside the hangar door, eyes closed. He floated down the hallway, totally silent, with one hand outstretched towards...

The button for the hangar doors, which started opening abruptly with a loud grating. 'Hmm, probably should have maintenance look at that,' he thought with an grin. He waved at Sanna as he floated past and nearly doubled over when he saw Dalos pacing laps around the hangar deck. "You're moving well for being bedridden for weeks... What's your secret?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stan headed to the bridge again to find the captain. "Sir! Lt.J.G. Loonis reporting back."

The captain of the Mancini nodded and waved him in. "You find her transfer orders?"

"Aye sir." Stan handed them over while the captain browsed through them briefly. In his head, he reviewed what he had read on the way to the bridge.
Transfer order #408236RJL
Ens. Sanna Lachance, Pilot
Effective: Immediate

This order serves as notice that Ens. Lachance is transferred to the 14th
Advance Fleet under the command of Rear Adm. Sahashi, specifically as
a pilot on OMNI Enforcer Drake-class Mancini. Personnel files attached.

(Signed),
Adm. Joe Krench
There had been several pages of personal information on Sanna, which were quite interesting. Stan wasn't sure if he was supposed to have read those; but they had been, of all things, stapled to the transfer order. Who even used paper orders anymore, let alone stapling the personnel files to the back?

Regardless, after reading over her background information, he knew he had an interesting time ahead...

The captain finished browsing the order and files attached and turned back to Stan. "Well, the papers are in order, I'll have Henderson file them en route. For now, prep your squad. And..." He hesitated a moment, "...Keep a lid on this, for now."

Stan nodded and saluted. He understood perfectly. He headed to his quarters and changed quickly. As he floated into the hangar, one of the personnel files floated through his head.
PsyCore Report #OPF2398466

Attn:
Lachance is considered a failed Coordinator, but an apt pilot.
Considered mild Class-3 security risk.
Unrestricted access to materials under observation.
Report to command structure if deemed neccessary.
LadyTaurucis

Sanna opened her eyes as a grating noise assaulted her ears. The hangar doors were open, but whoever had just gone into the hangar was no longer in sight.

She picked up her flight helmet and hurried inside, in case the rest of her squad was already present.

Thankfully, she wasn't the last one to arrive. James and Dalos were there, but Stan was yet to be seen.

Sanna ignored them and gazed off at the mobile suits docked in the hangar. She deeply admired them in a way - they felt like everything she wanted to be: powerful, dangerously effective, emotionless, and obedient until the end.

Obedient to who, though? she asked herself, dimly aware that someone else had just entered the hangar.

ScornMandark

Stan floated into the hangar and looked around. "Ah, good, you're all here." He smiled to himself, then barked out, "Mancini's Falcon Team, atten-SHUN! Assemble on deck!"

He waited a moment for everyone to land in front of him. He was pleased to see Dalos up and moving, but he didn't say anything yet.

~~~~~~

James spun awkwardly in the air as Stan came in and called for the team to assemble. Regaining his orientation, he kicked away from Dalos and landed a few feet away from Stan, straightening into a salute. "Lt.J.G. McAlister, reporting!" He tried to keep the smile from before off his face, and was mostly successful.