Going to Iraq EDIT FOR 2010! In KUWAIT!!!!!!

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
dreacon

ok its like this.

We were driving down one of the many Run down out skirts of a Rundown City. at i'd say, 15, maybe a whole 20 KPH.

I was sitting in my Turret just keeping an eye out for things. When a gunner in a Humvee comes over the comms.
"Hey we got some (Army technical term) Kids throwing (Blaphemey) Rocks. On of the little (Rooster Masticator) Almost hit me! Keep your eyes out, and Remeber your (Incestful words) ROE!"

A few moments later i herd rocks hitting the Armor of my ASV. I called up to my TC.
"Wolverine, This is Bone Claw."

"Go ahead bone Claw"

"I got eyes on those kids"

"Roger that. Nail em soldier."
He says as he reaches back and hands me a Golf ball.

so i poped out of my "Rat hole" cocked my arm back and let it fly.
i herd it make a Thunk as it hit him square on his forehead. his little buddies help him up and they all ran off. I droped in my hole thinking
"how could anybody be dumb enough to throw rocks at somehing with this much fire power?"
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
NightFall

dreacon wrote:ok its like this.

We were driving down one of the many Run down out skirts of a Rundown City. at i'd say, 15, maybe a whole 20 KPH.

I was sitting in my Turret just keeping an eye out for things. When a gunner in a Humvee comes over the comms.
"Hey we got some (Army technical term) Kids throwing (Blaphemey) Rocks. On of the little (Rooster Masticator) Almost hit me! Keep your eyes out, and Remeber your (Incestful words) ROE!"

A few moments later i herd rocks hitting the Armor of my ASV. I called up to my TC.

"Go ahead bone Claw"

i herd it make a Thunk as it hit him square on his forehead. his little buddies help him up and they all ran off. I droped in my hole thinking
"how could anybody be dumb enough to throw rocks at somehing with this much fire power?"
Wow... Yeah talk about having a death wish. I would think you guys would be clear to fire if something like that happened but then again what do I know right? Anyway good throw! Any Idea how old the stupid kids were?
Areku

My understanding of the current ROE is that the soldiers are cleared, if fearing for their lives, to use any amount of force they deem necessary without giving a warning shot. In fact, one version I've heard is that they are not allowed to use warning shots. Regardless, I have heard accounts of soldiers letting off an entire magazine, with as many as 18 confirmed kills without the use of warning shots, when surrounded by protesters throwing rocks. The soldier thought he was in mortal peril, and the subsequent investigation found he did nothing wrong.
NightFall

Ahh Thanks!
dreacon

And i step in to tell it like it is in theater

The ROE (Paraphrased) More or less says i can act based on the level of threat presented using minimal fire power (not realy an option, they gave me a Ma-Duce and a mk 19) and thats only if i have PID Positive identification.

Thanks to the way we're fighting this war, "hearts and minds" and said instances of opening fire on protestors/Rock throwers. you have to be DAMN sure you've got PID and the right treat level to shoot, other wise its a free vacation lo lebonworth. and i'm too good looking for prison.

Now when we first got here, we were authorised the use of "Pen flares" but an almost willy nilly use of them on the roads before i started gunning has drained the supply of them, and as a result miles of paper work get filled if you use one.
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
RedBlitz

dreacon wrote:ok its like this.

"Go ahead bone Claw"

US Soldiers... they can even take you out with golf balls!! lol nice! 8)

But I have to agree with you, what's the point of throwing rocks at something that has that much armor and that much firepower? It's like their asking for a bullet in the face!
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
Turinu

They throw it at such things because they know America ain't gonna do crap to try and kill them.

Plus, it's fun.
J-Lead

It begs the question of how big the rocks were. Are we talking pebbles, or rocks big enough to cause serious injury?
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
NightFall

dreacon wrote:And i step in to tell it like it is in theater

The ROE (Paraphrased) More or less says i can act based on the level of threat presented using minimal fire power (not realy an option, they gave me a Ma-Duce and a mk 19) and thats only if i have PID Positive identification.

Thanks to the way we're fighting this war, "hearts and minds" and said instances of opening fire on protestors/Rock throwers. you have to be DAMN sure you've got PID and the right treat level to shoot, other wise its a free vacation lo lebonworth. and i'm too good looking for prison.

Now when we first got here, we were authorised the use of "Pen flares" but an almost willy nilly use of them on the roads before i started gunning has drained the supply of them, and as a result miles of paper work get filled if you use one.
Thanks again. Sorry if I annoyed you.
dreacon

The rocks were big enouh to chip the Armour on my tuck.
goufx

oh, just found out something interesting. my mom has a pen-pal ( i know, don't ask) in baghdad, and he said that because iraq has no copyright laws, you are able to by dvds and games for around 4 or so bucks. not bad.... but, you have to sign a paper stating you are not able to bring a ____ load of stuff back. bummer, eh? lolz, anyway, pick me up some MRE's, k ol' buddy? lolz, talk to ya later pal.
dreacon

heh, i never signed such a form. as a result i've bought enough stuff to last me a while.
i've gotten at least 12,000 dollars worth of stuff and i havent spent more then 300.
goufx

well, he is an ambassador or some government some-such. i think....

anyways, you should not hvae told me that... MUAH HA HA HA!!!!!!! tell me if you see macross 7, gundam seed destiny (DO NOT SAY A WORD) or something along those lines. lolz, jk. can you give us some details on what ya got?
dreacon

Well i'm back in iraq after a lovely 2 weeks of leave. and i been busy.
heres why::

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v292/ ... 20Wedding/

needless to say, Trinity Leia *Epsolis* is in the works. ((*Is used to denote, that it is not my real last name))
poor thing though is doomed to have dark hair dark eyes and nearsightedness

and yes before you ask THE ROCK IS REAL, both the one on her finger and the one around her neck, payed in cash.
Join the Army, hooah

we had a few arguments, mostly about some of her new age ideas that are best not discussed here. or maybe its the whole her north to my southern upbringing.
2 days after the Wedding i got my first tattoo an oddly enjoyable expiriance. and it was dedicated to my love for her. She's the Lalah to my Char.
on other news i'm using a new lappy, the old one died 3 days before i left, and 1 day after i bought her first new computer.
Godbless you lappy 2600, it was a good run, 3 yo, Rest in peace.
but any ways, as i said i'm back in Iraq, with only 2 months to go it seems that time is slowing down, i've taken to sleeping out of bordom.
Sume Gai

So nice to hear your wedding went well. I wish you both the best of luck.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
DougCos

Congratulations and good luck
dreacon

well, heres the update, not much time thus simple

3 days to go
Wingnut

Ah, good. You're not dead. Us in the RPG section were begining to wonder.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
dreacon

No just wishing i was sometimes.
living in a tent with 12 other men, all of them, manly and hoaha. and me being small, somewhat efeminine and without internet slowly falling into the insanity that comes with the lack thereof
RedBlitz

dreacon wrote:No just wishing i was sometimes.
living in a tent with 12 other men, all of them, manly and hoaha. and me being small, somewhat efeminine and without internet slowly falling into the insanity that comes with the lack thereof
Almost there soldier... this is your final mission!! lol

Glad to se you're still alive, good luck with your future!!
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei