Ep. 006 - Holidays of Steel, VOTOMS & Mecha-On-Film

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Leroy Landers

I really enjoyed listening to this episode, I look forward to hearing what everyone else thinks about VOTOMS once they've seen it. I got a kick out of the sticker story what a way to sell the MSG movies!
Arbiter GUNDAM

Congratulations on another great episode guys! :D

Your holiday gift ideas were pretty amusing; Soul Bro did you get that red Char phone yet?

I don't have much to say on VOTOMS because I haven't seen it yet.

Mecha on film? Holy crap if we could get a Gundam live-action movie made with the same level of detail as Transformers, that would be so frickin' awesome! I watched my new 2-disc TF DVD last night and the bit where they talk about how they created the Transformers is amazing. Did you know that one part of the movie took 38 hours to render one frame of CGI for that one sequence?
But sadly, as you said, a Gundam movie probably won't ever be made here. Odd thing though, you'd think Bandai would be able to afford to make one. Aren't they mega-rich? Blizzard's footing half the bill for their WarCraft movie.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
bertman4

Great show guys! I'm a long time anime fan and recent Gundamn downloader through iTunes. I'm really glad you guys covered Votoms as it is one of my favorite mehca anime show. I had the pleasure of working on fansubs (as script translator) back in the 80s for the Votoms OAVs and the Mellowlink OAVs. I want to make one nitpick. Chirico, although spelled with a "ch" is pronounced like a "k" so his name is Ki-ri-ko. Keep up the great podcasts!
Bertman
xgundamdoodx

Good Job!

Man a live action gundam (thats not G-savior T-T) would rock! i think that they should do the one year war tho...it gives more verity...

Hmm Cristamas? id just replace all my action figures/models...ive had them since i was like 8 and most are missing parts/broken T-T
Kavik Ryx

The more I think about it, VOTOMS could make the transition to live action with little or no problems. Nothing in it would really look silly in real life, save Vanilla's yellow afro. Also a really could director could easily streamline the entire series into even a single 2 and a half hour film.