PHASE 5: A Needle in a Haystack (ATLAS)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Kylern

"Who said anything about me being worked up?" Kyle worked on his good guy smile and then gave a sigh. What the hell was he doing anyways? This was a waste of time and effort because no matter what they lacked the man power to keep up. It didn't take a genius to realize how much trouble they were ultimately in. And now that the boss had gone and done his little stage craft none of them would make it from this little adventure alive since both EA and ZAFT would have them all killed.

"I just don't want a blunder to happen in the next encounter. We don't have the troops to waste on a poorly crafted battle plan." He placed his hands in his pockets and stared around. The new uniforms hadn't been released yet so they were all still a rag tag bunch of individuals. He himself was still in his OMNI uniform with his rank and medals still attached from the previous war. It was days like this when he missed a good ole fashion slugfest against GINNs.

"So what do you think of the boss's little announcement?" He asked rather interested as several daggers seemed to be prepped for a mission. He watched as winches were attached and wondered just what they were going after out there.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

"What? You mean that little act that was just played? I personally don't have an opinion on these things. I'm here for the money, I don't personally approve of all these anti-coordinator acts, but this is one job I will not let go." Mao simply smiled and let out his thoughts.

"I can guarantee you, and everyone else here, that this ship is gonna stay up and running till' the very end!" By now most of the people in the hanger have heard his statement, and he meant for that to happen.

"I personally think that this little trip of ours is definitely gonna get us all killed",he said in a lower tone,"But I can say that all the people are so insanely driven by this cause to kill all coordinators, that they can make it through this alive." He started to laugh at how he saw what everyone was doing in this organization.
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Kylern

"I hope your right... I'm not convinced yet we will all survive." He gave a sigh and stared at the mechs all around. They had the newest piece of mobile suit technology OMNI could build and yet they still had a difficult time on the Moon. His own performance sickened him because that was pathetic. He hadn't survived the first war on just luck...

"Well man I hope you can do half as much as you say. We will need this ship in tip top shape if we are to fight a two front war." With that he felt the conversation had come to a relative end. He left all the data in their hands and after giving a half turn he started to walk away towards the exit of the hangar. He needed to find something new to get into...
Wedge14

Briana Waters

Waters swept her graying hair away from her face as she watched O'connor's broadcast for the last time. The man was nothing more then a psychopathic brute. But he had a commanding presence one she very much lacked, also his knowledge of warfare proved rather valuable.

She locked over towards Neilson Wayan's the ships one armed XO. The man had lost his arm in the prior war, and was quickly dismissed as an invalid. A place like ATLAS gave him a home and purpose. The things ATLAS could give to it's members was much more then the EA could even muster.

Wayans spoke with a slight quiver in his voice.

"Mrs Waters I don't know about that man...."

"I understand your thoughts Wayans...but O'connor is one of our greatest Allies..."

"He makes the crew uneasy."

"He also keeps them in line. Don't you see how some of them look up to him?"

"Yes...I guess you have a point there. I'd just rather we had Hertz or Reinbach leading our ms teams."

"Hertz and Reinbach have their own tasks. And i'll be frank O'connor doesn't have the delicacy needed to fill in for them..."
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Cardi Doorl

- Girty Lue-class Nosi -
- Pilot's Lounge -

Enzo had a vague feeling that Chien was mocking him, but the young pilot had trouble figuring how to counter in what he thought was a verbal sparring of some kind.

Left with nothing, Enzo merely told what he knew: "I don't know what he did. After the video was shot, the Commander told us to leave the room and return our rifles to the armory. That's all I know, okay?"
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
The Loser Villain

Chien

After listening to what Enzo had to tell him, Chien was still a bit confused on the whole matter.

"Yeah, kid its fine," he said with a puzzled look on his face. "I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what they say to use next."

"What do you think of all this?" he asked while turning towards Jack. He decided to see if maybe the mercenary had any idea.

Patty

After O'conner's return of her salute, she dropped her salute and stood at attention.

"No questions sir, I understand perfectly."

The mission didn't sound all that hard to her, find the Hedland and get her back up to speed and bring her back to the rest of the fleet. All they'd have to do is keep an eye out for the enemy and support the Hedland if said enemy showed up. Should be a cake walk.

Saluting again, "I'll get right on it sir and gather the two Ensigns," Patty closed.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
PhantomBread

Nylias adjusted the collar of his uniform, succeeding in doing little but irritating the chafed skin under it as he did. He abandoned the futile attempt at comfort and simply unbuttoned the outfit, letting it hang open as he entered the lounge. He'd not made a point of getting all that familiar with any of the other pilots on board, a fact that he'd made a note to rectify. With what the future was boding, it seemed best to know who he was relying on to watch his back.

The young man entered, noticing a small group having some sort of discussion as he entered, trying to remain relatively unassuming until he could maybe interject and strike up something with the rest of the crew.
ORegan

Jack simply listened to Chien and Enzo speak. 'Looks like the little guy can grow a pair of balls when up against the wall' he thought stroking an imaginary beard. It was interesting to not Enzo get defensive about O'Connor, meaning he may end up being a peon for O'Connor to use to carry out his will.

"What I think? I think we took her for a reason. The whole operation was based around taking her alive. It wouldn't make sense for her to just be killed on screen after wasting so many resources to attain her. If they wanted a coordinator to execute, they could've been alot more discrete and kidnapped one off the streets. The chick we took must know something, maybe she has the plans to some doomsday device or something equally awesome."
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Wedge14

Mathew O'connor

The commander grinned. "Go at it lt. And don't take any crap from the ensigns or the tech people. If they get out of line just do what i would do."

And with that the commander was quick to turn around and make his way to the lounge. For certain the lazy pilots of the Nosi would be sitting on their butts up to nothing.

Aura Shyne

The young pilot was actually left alone for once. Sitting alone in the messhall she lazily flipped through a magazine. A travel magazine of all things...

Ziryab

-Girty Lue class Nosi-
-Near Main Bridge-

Despicable, Helmsman Cherryh Suhndey continued to fuss, glaring at an errant thread from his new ATLAS uniform whilst floating down the hallway towards the bridge. The midnight blue thread along the left shoulder of his long-sleeved uniform jacket floating lifelessly in zero-gravity, mocking him he thought.

So much for being that rag tag of a group, promptly plucking the thread out and tossing it to float in the vast expanse of the hall.

"If I ever find who is responsible for this," grumbling lowly, "I shall flog them into sensibility with the latest edition of Gentlemen's Fashion!"

A slate grey undershirt followed by a longsleeve midnight blue jacket with black shoulders and sleeves yet blue shoulder stripes and black belt. And along with it was a knee-length, black skirt with a vertical midnight blue strip at each thigh and the black leather boots. The ATLAS symbol, a blue water and grey land earth with a giant corduroy colored capital 'A' slapped on it, Cheeryh could almost manage to put up with. But even after mixing and matching the gendered, ATLAS duty uniforms to comfortably accommodate himself, he still found little consolation.

Maybe save for continually adding to his ever growing checklist as to what he did not like about the uniform.

He could care little if the others wore it, but himself kowtowing to this group's dresscode was an affront on the level of someone loudly passing gas in front of him and pretending it didn't happen. The dark colours challenged his pastel loving tastes and the dyes, he felt, were likely inferior and probably irritating his skin. The whenever he walked he felt like it was designed to ride up over his knees or his legs to constantly rub against each other if he pulled it down.

Note to self--ask if we have skirts in plus sizes.

And the material? He still wondered what 'five for fifteen credits' thrift store or shoddy eastern european sweatshop this peasant quality material came from. Material better destined as cleaning rags, he said upon trying on the uniform in his quarters.

His checklist was nearing the boots before going back up when he had reached the bridge. Floating in for his shift's rotation to began he greeted the ATLAS head Briana Water and one-armed XO, Neilson Wayan, in the aloof friendliness one would give a loose acquaintance.

"Anything from the Hedland or 'the contact' yet?"
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
The Loser Villain

Chien

"Hmmmm," Chien pretended to think about what Jack had just said for a moment. "I'd hate to say it, but the walking whiskey makes the most sense. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the Commander has in store."

It was hard to argue with what the merc had to say. Perhaps ZAFT was using this scientist to create a gas that turned naturals into mindless slaves. The though of that alone sent a shiver up Chien's spine.

"I'm not going to be some orange picker for a coordinator and their pet robot!" He shouted not realizing he hadn't said his idea about the gas out loud.

He was going to continue on talking as if nothing had happened when another pilot entered the room wearing the uniform O'conner had apparently been wearing in the video. Chien was still wearing his blue Earth Alliance uniform and wasn't sure when they had begun handing out the new ones.

"Hey guy," he said to Nylias, not knowing the man's name, "Where'd you get that? Are they just handing them out in the mess or something?"

Patty

Following the Commander's orders she couldn't help but smile. "Yes sir," Patty said in an upbeat tone. Something about the Commander seemed to disarm her sixth sense for danger. Hopefully it wouldn't be needed for the upcoming mission.

Following the exchange with the commander she floated into the MS Bay and looked around to see if any of the pilots assigned to her were there, but both of them weren't. The techs were already attaching their Dagger L's to the shuttle. At least they were already on their game.

As she looked around she spotted the Chief Mechanic, Mao Foulken talking to Lieutenant J.G. Kyle Ryder, but as she approached to question them if they knew the where abouts of the pilots, Ryder left.

"Chief," she called out to Mao, "Do you have an idea where Ensign's Shyne and Cagliari are?"

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
PhantomBread

"Something like that..." he said, the pilot leaning against the wall near the door and folding his arms across his chest. He chuckled for a moment, "I think it's somewhat fitting, we're clearly rather far gone, eh? No use wearing the old duds, I don't think we'll ever be able to go back now."

The pilot looked down to the ground for the moment, another slight chuckle escaping his lips as he grinned, "I don't entirely know what to think. I mean, it's what we signed up for, right?"

He waited a moment before looking back up and nodding to the other pilots, "Ensign Alastar Nylias, Team B, Dagger L, by the way."
Kylern

-Ryder-

Even though he seemed to always be moving around he had been pretty busy. First he had offered his help to the technician teams in working on combat operational systems. This had been because he had one of the longer experience trails in OMNI mobile weapons starting back with the Mobius and Mobius Zero. That had turned into a misunderstanding between him and the Chief Officer which was ironed out easily.

Next he headed back to his dorm to pick something up and found a new uniform waiting for him. Not that he wasn't complaining... it was pretty cool. So out of respect for his rank and this unit he changed into the new ATLAS uniform. It seemed to fit pretty good and after checking himself in the mirror he looked pretty snazzy. Now that he was dressed in his new gear he headed out again in order to find something else to get into. He hated feeling lazy and would do every labor work if it was productive to the group.
Wedge14

Wayans

Wayans quickly removed himself from the captain's chair and offered it to Cherryh Suhndey.

"Mr. Suhndey..." he said motioning his arm towards the man's seat. "Mr. Hertz and the Medusa if on schedule should of entered the shoal zone yesterday. But due to the nature of the area it could take days before they find us...."He drummed his fingers against a nearby console before continuing.

"We've lost contact with the Hedland...O'Conner is sending out some of the men to go look for it."

Strike_Rouge_Mk2

"Do you have an idea where where Ensign's Shyne and Cagliari are?"
Mao turned to see one of the few people he actually got a chance to meet with prior to be assigned abourd the ship, during his little interview with the captain."Uhmm...Who are talking about? I know Mechs so far, but not people." Seeing as noone else was really around he felt curious.

"My best geuss would be that they're in the pilots lounge. But is there any reason you need them?"
The Loser Villain

Chien

"I get what you mean," Chien said in response to Alastar's comment about the uniforms. "I'm only wearing this as a formality, I was never in the Earth Alliance. They simply gave me this when I signed up. Guess it was in case we had been captured or anything."

He walked over to the other pilot, sizing the man up to see if he could read anything from his stance and body language. "Guess there's no need to be disguised now that they know we're runnin' around and ready to crash the peace party." He smirked at his own comment, he was after all his own favorite comedian.

"So, you're on Team B," he was now standing in front of Alastar and extended his hand, "Ensign Chien Hsu, also Team B and pilot of an Aile Dagger L. But I used to blow up Coordinators back home before joining this merry outfit. How about you, got an interesting past?"

Patty

"Uh, yeah. I need them to fly their Dagger L's. We've been ordered to make contact with the Hedland and guard it till it can make it back to the rest of the fleet."

She raised her left eyebrow at the Chief, "So, you've never met them? Hmmmm, I guess they could be in the mess hall or lounge. If you happen to hear anything tell them to get suited up. You can't miss Ensign Shyne, she'd dressed rather, eh unique."

Strike_Rouge_Mk2

"Well, I guess that I don't have anything to do now the techs are now heavily at work. I'll go and look for that Shyne character since she'd be so easily spotted. I'm getting hungry so I can kill two birds with one stone if I go to the mess hall." Mao turned around and headed for the mess hall.

"Well I hope you can find the other person you're looking for."
Ziryab

Bridge

Cherryh paused in mid-zero-g-air, looking back and forth between the helmsman chair and the captain's chair. Habit--a developed preference back in his pirating days for taking command from within the driver's seat. But there was nothing for this ship to do other than float about--oh well. He waved the offer for Wayans aside and was about to make his way towards the helm chair instead, stopping to view the same console as Wayans was.

"Make certain we maintain as many forms of contact with O'Conner's team as possible. Losing and having to find them would just eat away at time," reading the console in dissatisfaction.

"I take it we haven't gotten the slightest bit of staticy transmission from either the Hedland or the Medusa either?" questioning with a frown. "I don't suppose you people have some sort of coded meeting coordinates told to one another?"
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
PhantomBread

Alastar grinned, "Nah... parents worked for a company in east asia, sorta signed up cus I had nothing better to look for in life. Gene-freaks show you up in the fields my parents wanted me to go into, so that was a no. Sorta fell into ATLAS even moreso..."

He sighed, "Regardless, this whole peacenik crap wouldn't last anyway. Best to just wipe'em out now before this snowballs and drags earth down the crap chute again, I say."
The Loser Villain

Chien

“I like the way you think,” Chien said to Alastar with a grin, “Well, in due time we’ll have all of them taken care of.”

He then thought about what Alastar had said about where he had lived, “East Asia Fed huh? I’m from Taiwan, where’d you guys live?”

Patty

“Thanks,” Patty said as Mao floated away, “If you find her, have her meet me in the briefing room in fifteen minutes.”

Mao had mentioned the pilot’s lounge as being a possible location for them, so she decided that would be the next best place to look. If she couldn’t find them there she’d have to ask for a ship wide announcement to be made. She’d rather it didn’t come to that, so she made a b-line for the lounge and hopped that at least one of the pilots she needed was there.