TARRRPG Chapter 6: Point Alpha

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Sume Gai

Alex Bloke'

Alex stored the definition of XP as such based on Emily's definition.

Code: Select all

XP/Experience Points - single numeric evaluation of combat experience and merit
needless to say this did not help him to understand what the girl was saying and now she was asking about 'Dice'. Deciding not to ask he merely waited for Kylern's answer
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
dreacon

-Grey Wolf-

Dreacon had spent a few Weeks on the Wolf, and had not yet met any of the pilots on board. All of the repairs and rearming of Ex was finished, so he decided now was a good time. He wanted to meet on in particular, he felt a strong NT reaction from him. "Kyle" he tought his name was...

Standing in front of the pilots door, he rang the bell and hoped he wasent still resting....
Last edited by dreacon on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
Kylern

-Kylern-

He listened as she gave a defination of XP to the cyborg and couldn't help but grin at the guy's confusion. "Don't worry about it Alex... Its not important in your case and is used for a game." He shifted his stance and watched as he was asked another question regarding gaming from the girl. This time he had to really thinka bout a good response and he found one.

"Sorry but my set didn't cross over with me when I was drug to this world. I do though have a program similar to the one that was on Wizard's of the Coast's website." He forced his Mobile AI to act like a personal computer and almost instantly the program was shown on the small screen. "Virtal dice dear Emily." He laughed as he activated a small hologram from the ever interesting device. He chose a D20 and rolled it pulling up a 5. Not a very good throw at all...

-Kyle-

(Dreacon he doesn't have an NT response until he re-establishes a connection with his sister.)

Kyle had been rather bedridden for awhile as he recupertated from his tanglement with Wraith and his unfortunate mental break. But he was feeling better now and could get up and operate rather well. and what had he been doing this past few days? Why working on a program for his new VF... He had been studying its specs and operations for future use.

Someone was knocking at his door which was slightly startling. "Come on in." He answered still sitting at his laptop working on some things.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
dreacon

Dreacon entered and looked about, he saw the pilot but couldnt feel any NT response from him, "No ping." he thought to himself. he closed the door behind him.

"Its Kyle, Right?" Dreacon said as he looked over the pilot. The way he sat spoke volumes, "A VF pilot. Just like Ben" He thought to him self.
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
Sume Gai

Alex Bloke

A game? this girl had, for the whole time, been talking about a game?

that did explain quite a bit though...

Raven

Raven had been resupplied and his fleet was currently in near lunar orbit. They were doing a surface scan of the moon looking for anything that might indicate where that MS had come from.

among his new supplies were replacements for his damaged mechs including more mobile dolls totaling 15 of the 30 now. the machine he had requested, the other "Raven", had arrived and was ready to launch at any moment.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Kylern

-Ryder-

"Yeah I'm Kyle." He spun in his seat to face the newcomer to this group. A look over and it was clear this guy wasn't a native of this universe like himself and instead another dimension. But which one he wasn't sure, probably not that world most Gundam pilots came from. Quickly he flipped a switch near him so that the lights came on in the room revealing a sparce quarter where Kyle obviously had no intention of staying.

"So is there something you need?" He asked curious why someone was wanting to see him.
dreacon

Dreacon put on a cocky grin "Well i'm not sure about this world, but where i'm from, its a good idea for a man to at least meet the people he's goin to fight alongside." he Said. "The names Dreacon Epsolis, and i'm sure you've already herd all the stories about the new pilot from another universe."
He said, already tired of the stories about him floating around the ship
Kylern

-ryder-

He gave the guy a look trying to figure out if he was serious or not. Was this guy that full of himself that he would compare the two worlds. Or did he just not understand that Kyle had been injured this whole time? He wanted to humor him a little but then again he still wasn't in the best of moods.

"Sorry but I haven't heard of you. I'm not all that interested in the newcomers to this universe for personal reasons." Meaning they were the cause of his stress. If the Gundam pilots had never come then his sister would not be dead. There was also that strange man that continued to haunt him in his dreams... That person was the reason he felt so tired all the time, almost like a vampire feeding off of him. Kyle ground his teeth in frustration at his inadequecy at dealing with everything.
dreacon

It didnt take a Newtype to tell kyle was annoyed by this little vist offered out of a kind of respect. Then again, he was acting like an ass. It wasent his place to go around assuming to know anything about anyone in this world.
He steped off his high horse. "sorry, didn't mean to toot my own horn like that. the thing is, that i dont know a thing about this world, or whats going on here. the messages i've sent to the Federation HQ seem to go ignored for one reason or another. So i figured a pilot might understand a bit better, its hard to fight when you dont realy have any idea of the pixles let alone the big picture."
Kylern

"Well if your looking for the Federation then your on the wrong ship. Actually I'll give some advice... Keep a low profile. The federation is hunting down 'talented' pilots if you know what I mean." He was talking about Newtypes of course and figured this guy got the clue.

"But basically don't trust either the Federation or Fandom. Neither of them have the best interest for any of us in their crusade to wipe each other out." He was slightly angry and kept seeing his sister face over and over. He had finally calmed down just to get fired up again. What was everyone thinking in this freaking universe? "So don't bother sending messages to HQ anymore. I wouldn't even have come on this ship if I didn't trust the Captain and I'll probably leave again once we get back to the moon." He couldn't stand being on a Federation battleship anymore.
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Mao didn't see anything else to do. "I thought no damage would be involved, but I guess this was inevitable!" Mao quickly blasted the foot thrusters and blinded the mech, allowing him space to reach for his saber and followed with a quick slash.

The incoming barrage was too much for the nimble craft, so much that Itsuki and Kyon both were hit, taking them out of the game. Tsuruya , however, managed to do a U-turn and opened all weapon bays. Trying to get straightened, Tsuruya fired her remaining missiles and shot a laser with following machine cannon fire.
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

Wan was certain Mao's next move would be to switch to melee so as soon as the thrusters flared he was certain a slash would follow. Wan's shield prevented the thrusters from harming him but the saber would be another matter. Wan quickly moved right to evade and drew his fork knife. The weapon wasn't designed to go up against sabers but hopefully Wan could make it work...

Icer team

the younger two on the team let their kills go to their heads and tried to keep firing on the last jet. Icer however saw the danger and immediately broke formation; Frost however was boxed in by the younger two and couldn't do so. The missiles and lasers counted 3 kills. but Icer himself had escaped.

Icer ascended into the sky and drew his blade the two pilots were on a collision course.

Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Mao was still coming down on his slash, and saw the Guren pull a blade out. Ignoring the small size, he continued and accelerated harder towards Wan Ley Fo.

" Gah!! Is he trying to kill us!?" Tsuruya tried to break off while managing to fire a final laser milliseconds after the over-heat drew off. She quickly did a barrel roll to the left and boosted away, still trembling.
Last edited by Strike_Rouge_Mk2 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wingnut

Sume Gai

Gai had to agree with Wingnut's supposition; it was highly possible just the incident with Psydek had caused Mike to become angry; the bloody scene Gai had found spoke of a violent and rage filled encounter.

"It may be something to do with being a fused being; not to mention what Psydek did to him. either way if what happened was something he chose to do we'll have to keep an eye on him."
"Whatever you do, be discreet about it. Until Ryker gives further orders on the matter, I don't want to do anything too drastic like relieve him of duty.

The pair reached the hanger and Wingnut went over to the chief mechanic's office.
"Chief. Go ahead and fix up the Bawoo, but place what you find on this disk into the system as well in a way that no one will notice it." Wingnut said placing said disk on the chief's desk.

"Will do sir. I just don't want to see him or anyone else on the ship get hurt because of a stupid move."

"Neither do we." replied Wingnut. "That's why we're including this in his machine, and hopefully we will not need to use it."

Exiting the office, Wingnut met back up wit Gai.
"He should be getting to Ryker's office about now. I hope he doesn't go nuts over the fact that we know what really happened out there."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

"I certainly hope so and don't worry I'll be discreet about watching him."

Gai quickly checked the time; he only had about 30 minutes.

"Sorry but I have something I promised to do"

With that Gai turned and left for the simulators.

Wan Fey Lo

it had worked! Drawing the fork knife had distracted the pilot who charged headlong at him. Wan raised the right arm and fired the wide area EMP from almost point blank.

Icer

Icer pulled to the left (Tsuruya's right) and fired his chest Vulcans as the Jet zoomed passed him and fired a slash harken at the back of the jet.

Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Both Mao and Tsuruya got a relatively similar signal on their screens representing a "GAME OVER" and both pilots landed on the airstrip. Mao couldn't manage to get a "nice match" out and uttered three words."I. Hate. You."

Tsuruya, still shocked of the close encounter, wobbled out and away from the Falken. Saying, under her breath,"Never....again..."
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

The pilot seemed a little sore over the loss but it didn't matter to Wan

"feel free; as long as you can help topple the federation I care not what you think of me"

Wan switched to a private com

"Icer, I'm certain you'll correct the mistakes your team made, right?"

Icer was indeed frustrated by the rookie mistake the group should have easily been able to evade or at least block the attacks.

"yes sir; they will run fifty laps before the day is out"

Frost was irritated that he had clearly been lumped with the two younger pilots

"Sir! I didn't-"

"Solders don't make excuses for their deaths! you will join Hale and Snow!"

hellbore

-Juuso Eljas-

The Harbinger had reached orbit some time ago, but time had been spent ferrying supplies to the re-entry transport that would carry them to the Fandom base on Hawaii. Only Eljas and the "Eljas Team", as they were now calling themselves or the "Practice" Team as he called them, would be aboard.

Juuso sighed to himself. -_--' I'm doing more of that. Must be getting old. He watched as the Ensigns argued amongst themselves about something. They were still the blind fanboys they were before. He hoped that they would grow up soon. A technician caught his attention and came over. He saluted and said, "Sir, all preparations are complete. You can begin boarding now."

-----------------------

A violent ride later, the transport had reached Hawaiian airspace. Four doors along the bottom of the aircraft, and the four Metal Armours dropped out, the doors closing behind them. The transport needed the extra weight gone in order to land safely. The MA's lined up on the runway and skidded to a halt leaving large skid marks on the tarmac. They quickly moved off as the unwieldy transport came in for a landing.

Eljas noted that there where eight more units on the base. Four were tiny compared to his Metal Armours and another three were planes of an unconventional design. The last seemed to be one of those Gundams that Raven Sterling was obsessed about. He keyed his external speakers and said, "I am Cmdr. Juuso Eljas of the 23rd Patrol Fleet, I have been given command of this base's mobile weapons. You are now all a part of the "Anti-Gundam Taskforce."