TARRRPG Chapter 6: Point Alpha

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

A transmission interrupted the fight and seemed to be asking to speak with Wan who answered after finishing an odd 'roll and twist' evasive maneuver.

"I am their leader, Wan Fey Lo, and you are?"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Cybaster

-Emily and Black Mage-

Black Mage shook his head as the L-Gaim drew near to the DC Submarine, hovering quickly above the water, and watched as the Valsione landed in there --- followed by the Psybuster. Black Mage shrugged to himself. Hey, a Mobile Fortress and two Doven Wolfs? Still a good score count, so I could at least say I burnt something down here instead of letting the Gundam Team level this whole area before me, Black Mage thought. The L-Gaim was now lined up and, after automatically giving clearance requests for landing, began its approach. "Alright, let's get it over with. L-Gaim, Black Mage, on final approach to---"

"Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibbbbbbbbbbbbsssssssssssssssss~" :D

Then Black Mage became acutely aware of the Unicorn Gundam butting in front of him on the landing queue on the Flying Armor SFS and then charging towards the Submarine's hanger entrance; At first it seemed that the Flying Armor would not fit, and would crash the Unicorn smack into the hanger, causing a mess. Emily kept smiling, however...and she kept going, at this point her heart overriding her brains, seemingly.

Before Black Mage had decided to do something about it, Emily and the Unicorn Gundam leapt off once it was only 500ft away from the DC Submarine, fell slightly...and stomped both legs onto the tail end of the Flying Armor. As the Unicorn Gundam then 'skid' along the water surface, legs kicking up water dramatically (and drenching the hapless L-Gaim behind it; "There is so much wrong with you, little girl," BM grumbled), the Flying Armor tilted upwards and glided up, in a loop, and barely managed to clear the ceiling of the DC Submarine --- a few second later, without a Mobile Suit, the Flying Armor's autopilot protocols kicked in and it glided itself away from the sub, and towards the Ceres.

And then the Unicorn Gundam, sliding dramatically and stylishly along the water, glided itself into the hanger, skid a 180 degree turn, and slid itself to a stop safely --- just in front of the previous machine. That was when Black Mage likewise had managed to pull the L-Gaim into the bay and stopped in front of the Unicorn Gundam, and hastily unbuckled himself from his restraints. Then grabbing a knife from underneath his robes in anger, Black Mage blew open the cockpit hatch, stomped over to the opening, and began looking for the Unicorn's pilot. "Okay, little girl, you wanna play? How about we play 'Rock, Paper, Scissors in the Eye' with this knife I'm holding here? I'll even go first and give myself a head start! Aren't I just nice?"

Said pilot, panting with exhilaration and joy at the stunt she just pulled, promptly made her way out of the Unicorn Gundam's cockpit in a blaze of bright pink normal suit fabric, and before Emily looked around for the people she wanted to see here, she took care to deal with the one that she didn't first. "Haha! Perfect landing and a roll of 18 on the Tumble check without Taking 10 with the Clearance Request! Let's see you do better next time, nyah!" :D

By that, Emily had given Black Mage a big, very audible raspberry.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Kylern

-Kylern-

Watching he was rather shocked by what just occured. The two mechs did a really strange almost dangerous manuever upon entry into the hanger. Being one of the ranking pilots on this ship he felt as if it was his responsiblity to lay a few ground rules. The knife pulled out of the cloak wasn't something he wanted to see either.

"HEY! Cut it out you two. This hanger is way to damn small for you to be pulling such stunts." He ordered from the ground pointing at both of them. "This is a DC ship and what you pulled little Miss could have gotten people hurt. And you Dark Knight whatever put that knife away. This isn't the place for those kind of toys." He was stern in his presence. And despite the fact both of these were powerful Newtypes they would find him to be impossible to read. Instead they would both feel a bit of pain if they attempted anything funny.

"Now that the formalities are over welcome to DC and our little squadron."
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

Alex Bloke

Alex had been briefed on the dangers of Black Mage and didn't think Kylern in his weakened state was in any condition to tangle with him. He put himself between the two

"Greetings Black Mage I am CX-00013; Current Commander, of the Vela and Juno; Please put the knife away as you will have no need of it here."

Alex then turned to the Gundam team pilot and spoke

"Hello miss and Welcome to the Vela."
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Cybaster

-Emily-

"Hi!" Emily promptly greeted, waving as she winched herself down from the Unicorn's cockpit. "I'm Emily, it's nice to meet you." After touching down, Emily unhooked herself, walked over to Kylern, and held out a hand for a handshake. Kylern was probably going to be Emily's first friend in the DC proper. "And I'm actually---"

Then she noticed how Kylern resembles Kyle a little and for a moment, it gave her pause. But once Emily noticed that it *wasn't* Kyle --- close, but no cigar --- and that it wasn't worth trying to read him anyway, she shook herself out of it and resumed her greeting.

"...Ummm, anyway, hi! How are you? And how's your Base Attack Bonus progression coming along? Using Rogue progression?" As Alex walked up to her, Emily turned and waved at him as well. "Hello!"

-Black Mage-

Black Mage was merely standing there once he had gotten to the ground, arms crossed and knife put away, grumbling at Emily, Alex and Kylern --- something about little girls running around with giant robots and all that. "Hi." Was all Black Mage could be made to say. In a foul humor but with an otherwise unreadable expression, Black Mage stomped by the two and began walking further into the Submarine.
Kylern

Noticing that mister Black Mage had no intention of of being friendly he instantly took a certain distaste for the ex Fandom elite. He quickly brought his arm mounted AI terminal and activated a non-visible keyboard. It was visible to him though through his visor and he quickly began to type up a message in mid air. Finally he sent the short email to Alex who should be coming in pretty soon.

-Please keep watch for the ex Fandom Black Star Knight on the ship.-

He finished and the red laser beam that had been across his eyes vanished and he took the girls hand. "Nice to meet you Emily. I'm Kylern the pilot of the White Knight." Then the topic grew kind of odd as she spoke in D20... Being a geek in his own world he saddly knew what she was talking about.

"Actually I've been progressing in Fighter lvls to agument my Ranger levels." He had to think about it and that sounded a bit right.
Sume Gai

Alex Bloke

Alex received the message half a second after it was sent it response he sent his own message to the security personnel aboard who would start watching Black Mage as covertly as possible.

He was left however wondering what the two were speaking about; Perhaps some kind of code?

"Miss If you would like our lounge is that way"

Alex indicated the correct direction with a stiff pointing motion.

Wingnut

- Lune -

The expression on Lune Zoldark's face could only be described as a blank "WTF?" expression at the antics of one Emily Stormgunner.

In addition to her stunt in parking her machine and intentionally raising the ire of a very dangerous person the way in which she spoke was almost an alien language in itself.

Normally dense as he is, Masaki picked up on Lune's confusion as he too had been there once.
"Apparently that's normal for her."

"You've met her before?" asked Lune

"Yeah, she was at a Federation base I stopped at. She's part of that Gundam team of theirs."

"Are they all like that?" she asked in a wondering tone of voice.

"Thankfully no. I think she's the only one."

Thank god. Lune inwardly shuddered at the thought of an entire combat unit full of people that acted like Emily. One of her was arguably more than enough in Lune's mind.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Terrace

Terrace returned Heavyarms to its berth in the Ceres, thinking about the enemy he had faced. Techs were already swarming over the wreckage of the Leopard Destroy, which he had brought into the hangar, trying to find out just what had been the pilot's intention.

He left them to it.
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

A response came from the radio." I am Mao Suzumiya and I just happened to see what your team has been doing for a few minutes so I was wondering if you were up for a friendly battle between our teams. I happened to have only four members, including me, so it would be a good chance to see if my team could handle being outnumbered by a team of your skill."
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

"very well then; there is laser training equipment in the hanger we'll use that if you want to fight." Wan then switched to the teams frequency.

"Icer, go get equipped for a practice match against this Suzumiya character"

the team then landed and using their landspinners headed for a nearby hanger.

Cybaster

-Emily and Black Mage-

"Oooooh...Ranger/Fighter sounds nice!" Emily grinned, jumping up and down excitedly. "Are you a Two-Weapon Fighting Style Ranger or a Sharpshooting Style Ranger, mostly? Oh, wait! Your machine...it's Sharpshooting, right? Wow. Totally cool." As was, Emily decided, that she's finally found someone who was actually willing to talk back to her in d20 lingo. It made making friends easier around here... "And Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Repeater Gunpod, I take it? How far up are you in the Weapon Focus feat tree, Kylern? I'm thinking of taking Combat Focus if I take more Fighter levels, but---heeeeeeey, Kuro! Shiro!"

Suddenly Emily seemingly lost approximately 85% of her interest in Kylern as she ran past him, towards Lune and Masaki, and knelt down...giving Masaki's cats gentle scratching/tickling behind their ears. Kuro and Shiro giggled as Emily smiled fondly. "How've you two been? It's so nice to see you both!" Then finally, Emily stood up, stared evenly at Lune, and held her hand out in handshake greeting. "Hey there, too, Miss Lune! That machine of yours is totally awesome, by the way --- can you teach me how to throw a Cross Smasher if you have time, pretty pleeeeeease?"

"Aaaaaaargh!!!!!"

Emily was suddenly cut off by what sounded like an agonized/annoyed cry of mental pain from Black Mage as the blue-robed, large-hatted former Dark Star Knight suddenly stomped back, causing Emily to squeak out "Eeep!" o_O and shuffle quickly back a few in a blur of bright pink. Black Mage didn't look amused at all, certainly. "What is with you, little girl? Do you radiate stupidity and annoyance wherever you step? When I get my hands on you, I'm gonna take your equally-stupid Unicorn Gundam and smack the whole thing upside your h---"

Suddenly, as Black Mage walked over to Emily, he stopped --- and his eyes caught onto Lune. At once his speech cut off --- and there was a heart over his head. Don't ask me how that got there. "H...hohohohoho...ha, ha..."

And just as quickly, Lune and Emily sweatdropped at him.

"....Ha....Hubba Flubba Wubba Bubba!!!!" Black Mage finished in a blubber of incoherent words, and as he felt her, Masaki and Emily's eyes on him, Black Mage snapped out of it...momentarily, as his mind struggled to recover some dignity and make the next move. oO(Wooooow...*that*'s Lune Zoldark? Snap outta it, Black Mage! You're talking to one of the most totally hot women in this entire RPG! Say something sophisticated...maybe praise her bandana, but say something sophisticated, sophisticated, sophisticated...) Finally, after a moment's silence...Black Mage got himself organized, threw his hands into the air and he literally ^^'d as he finally thought of the thing he wanted to say:

"I am the Black Mage! I carry the Buster Launcher that makes the Mobile Suits fall down in burny stuff!!!!"

Silence.

"Oh yeah," Black Mage thought, still ^^ing. "She totally wants me."

Emily's response at that, standing flabbergasted, was a simple ._., pretty much, as she slapped her forehead. "Eeeeeep. Roll Natural 1s on your Diplomacy and Perform: Flirting checks much, Black Mage...?"
Kylern

Kylern listened to the girl go on an on... Actually she didn't even give him a chance to answer, not that he had a real answer anyways. His weapon wasn't a repeater gunpod anyways. It was a Phase-shift weapon system which allowed him to use a variety of ranged and melee weapon types. But before he could finally open his mouth she seemed to completely ignore him and go for the cats leaving him rather stunned.

"Is this girl 5?" He asked himself mentally as she continued on an on again. Then that Black Mage fellow almost lost his cool again at Emily but then with amusement he watched as that went completely out the window. He had walked beside Emily as she made a comment about a Nat 1 and he grinned. "Add a nat 1 for Intelligence check as well." He added this in a whisper as he watched the seemingly angry anti-social fellow go gah gah over Lune.

He wanted to laugh a little but his insides started to bother him again forcing him to cough a bit. And thankfully he covered his mouth as specks of blood covered his hand. Maybe Alex was right and he was still to weak for this sort of interaction. His eyes looked back at his white VR and wondered if he could draw that sort of power again without this sort of pain.
Wingnut

- Lune -

"............." was the whole of her response to Black Mage's declaration.

"Right. Um, Emily was it? The Cross Smasher comes with the machine, and usually only the super types get that kind of weapon. Plus, it sounds like you have enough to worry about already.
I'm going to take a nap. Wake me if anything interesting happens."

What Lune did not bother to share with the others was her annoyance with the entire situation. Whatever was supposed to be at Point Alpha obviously wasn't as it was nothing but a trap from the beginning.
She considered letting Masaki have it full force after leading her there to be captured or worse, but decided against it as Masaki didn't seem to be the type to even be capable of being part of a plan like that, let alone come up with the idea himself.
Someone had to have used him to get to me. Not that it was much help as the list of people who potentially wanted to use her for some nefarious end or another was quite high and it seemed that Masaki was known well enough by the black market of this world that any number of people could have tricked him into getting her there.

Entering the room provided for her, Lune hit the bunk with a thud, quite worn out from the battle and soon fell asleep.

- Ceres -

Above the DC submarine the Ceres also was on a parallel course to Aidoneus Island although far away enough from the sub to not give away its position. Given that the Unicorn had a transponder on board in case it were ever separated from the ship, it and Emily could be found again, it was easy to match pace and course to their mutual destination.

In his quarters, Ryker was looking over the data Wingnut had given him and did not like what he saw.

"Tell the engineers to install a failsafe in the system when they rebuild the computers of the Bawoo K. And make sure that Radachi can't find out about it either."

"Right. I don't like this, but it doesn't seem like there is any other option if he might do this again." replied Wingnut.

"Indeed. Dismissed."

Wingnut then left the room to see to the repairs while Ryker signaled the bridge.
"Have Captain Radachi sent to my quarters at once."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai was apparently too late as he saw Wingnut leaving as he approached but he didn't want to leave the matter be particularly if i could be a danger to one of the Gundam team.

"Hey Wingnut!"

Alex Bloke

Alex remained close to Kylern; as his physical status was still rather dubious and Black Mage was still there. Alex was determined not to leave Kylern without protection.

Strike_Rouge_Mk2

And with a such a quick response Mao drove the team to their hangers, and himself to the Rouge E. They all got ready quickly and had the laser equipment ready also. Mao found it pointless to use the Destiny silhouette as the laser equipment couldn't connect with the large beam cannons, so he used the standard Aile Striker with beam rifle and shield. The Rouge E and Falkens were now on the runway, waiting to launch.

"Wan Ley Fo was it? We are all set to go. Its only polite to let the challenged team set the rules. Dont go easy on us now." He then checked to see if the laser equipment was working by firing invisible rounds into the air. From the screen however, there was a pink flash erupting from the beam rifle's barrel.
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

"very well the rules are simple one hit; one kill; shields count as a miss"

Wan's team was lined up in a line like formation with him in the center and Icer on his immediate right.

"ready when you are."

Strike_Rouge_Mk2

" Well then, I guess that we are ready." Mao and his team then hit the air in a diamond formation with the Rouge E leading towards the five mechs in a lined formation.

"I'd be happy to make the first shot, but we are gonna test this new formation." Mao said as he rose above the Falkens allowing them to fire a volley of six multiple lock-on missiles towards the opposition.

"Alright guys, set the enemy combat sphere to 50 meters, make sure to stay out of their space." that said the team broke off in different directions with the Rouge following behind the missile trail.
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

The line formation broke as soon as the missiles were fired at them. Wan ascended and the other four broke off to either side staying on the ground.

Wan raised the arm and after extending the smaller emitters released a wide wave of Radiant energy which fried the "missiles" navigation systems and caused them to explode in midair. the grounded units the opened fire with their arm guns moving in teams of two and filling the sky with "bullets". Wan began to fire his guns at Mao's own machine

Strike_Rouge_Mk2

As quickly as the missiles were launched they were destroyed and incoming "fire" was approaching Mao. Using the shield, Mao blocked the shots and returned fire at the red machine that read "Guren" on his screen. The Falkens thens opened their nose sections, revealing the tactical laser systems, and fired the blue lasers down on the supporting machines, while barely dodging incoming fire.