TARRRPG Chapter 5: African Assault pt. 2

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

- Maarek Stele -

The attack by the enemy unit was easily dealt with as the missiles were met with vulcan fire and Maarek moved right to evade the railgun rounds.
The enemy was now trying to get in close.

Sorry, I don't have time to play with you right now.

Maarek then waited until the enemy was closer then boosted "above" the unit to avoid the charge and rolled around to fire several beam rifle shots into the metal armor now behind him.

- Anti-ship team -

As with Marrek and his Nu Gundam, the incoming missiles were met with vulcan fire and destroyed while the railgun shots were simply dodged. The force clearly was trying to lure the attackers away from the ships they were attacking.
However, they were too late to make a difference as the attackers managed to quickly destroy 3 more Musaka class ships and damage two more.

With half of Jusso's fleet out of action the attackers regrouped and began anti-MS operations with the GM Dynames taking very accurate fire at the Dragoons, picking off two of them in the first volley alone from long range and removing the left arm and wing from another.

The Jegans, while somewhat outmatched by the GN-X units had the advantage of being in space where they too could move freely and kept at a distance, boxing in the GN-X units with rifle fire while dodging return shots and keeping the enemy suits at arms length (figuratively of course).

Worse still, a Federation convoy had arrived to pick up a load of finished VF-11s for transfer to Earth and had added their own Jegans to the defense effort of the Lunar Corps asteroid thus covering the holes left from the losses taken by the LC defenders.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Raven's Fleet

By this time three mobile dolls had been destroyed but the many of the slower defenders had paid in blood for this though the defensive fire around the satellite had weakened so had that from the Fandom ships. Various strikes from either missiles or beams had had left all but the lead Nazca without their main beam cannons though they had kept up a powerful barrage.by moving closer together and coordinating their CIWS.

the maned GuAIZ's weren't as lucky though, the ten guarding the fleet remained relatively intact, with only one loss, but of the ten that advanced on the squadrons of the Lunar Corp only four remained.

with things getting bogged down again. The captain of the lead ship called for further reenforcement though there was little hope of them coming.

Wraith

this duel, if this sloppy struggle could be called such, was nearing the end Kyle's desperation was apparent even with Raven's mind closed. A combination of Kyle's panic, the constant movement of the two combatants and the kick of the gun caused most of the shots to miss completely. The four that hit however were ineffective; even though they were armor piercing rounds they simply lacked the power to actually pierce Wraith's armor.

A gun with enough power would have broken Kyle's wrist. THings were moving from bad to worse for kyle as a sliver of metal from the tip of one the gauntlet's fingers fell into the remaining wheel assembly and jammed it.

as they neared the Wall Wraith realized what was about to happen and braced himself with his feet and vernier. immediately after the impact Wraith struck a powerful overhead stroke that would if it landed cleave Kyle clean in two.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
dreacon

Dreacon was not sure what kinds of mobile suits were used by the fandom, as he fought he colected Data on the mobile suits around him. He stayed close to the Wolf, nit trying to et in over his head, or leave leave the ship without a strong Mobile suit in its defence range.
Ex was pefrorming supurbly, His pet design was proving itself, at least in his own mind, he would barley finish thinking and the Gundam would move the way he wanted it. The Fins ere moving and attackin almost of their own volition, oin so far as to Dodge Stray shots.

Dreacon could feel there was a good number of newtypes fightin here. But with all that was going on he couldent pinpoint any of them. He thought breifly, that even in this world, Newtypes like him were treated as weapons.
Newtypes, the nex step in human evolution, the Chosen, Superior race.
Granted the suposed ability to atain instant understanding of oneanother, and yet they still Fought, Why?

"Whats Wrong with them?" He said angrely.
"This isnt what We're for!" He said, his anger builing inside him.
"THIS HAS TO STOP NOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!!" He yelled at the top of his lungs.
A glowing "Force" Spread out from his gundam.
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
Kylern

Kyle found his chance to escape as they hit and the enemy latched into his boots armor. Quickly he disconnected it and then in the same motion used to escape a bear hug he slipped down just as the enemies sword came down crashing into the wall behind him. Too bad for Wraith but his vibrating sword cut into the heavy reinforced metal of the wall and lodged itself in there after only going in so far. While it wasn't deep it gave Kyle enough time to recover from the previous shock and with one piece of armor missing he used what was left of his thruster power to take off back out of this place.

(You might not like it but I'm escaping this time. You locked into the wheels and I just disengaged the boot. Your hands were full and there is no way your getting back ahold of me. A tout a leure)

He had finally escaped and now it was a dead straight drive back to his VF. The base was rocking from missile and beam fire and he wondered just what was going on. His Valk was still sitting there in Gerwalk mode waiting for him like he had wanted. Hopping up he opened the cockpit and sat back inside to start it up.

"Welcome to your end!" With that he fired four internal micromissiles up into the tunnel collapsing it and cutting off an exit. That guy was stuck in there and with that the VF turned around and left the service shaft.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

Wraith

It was far from Wraith's end; though the missiles blocked the way out. Wraith could make his own. He moved toward the airlock that had been locked out. The thick metal would take time but it would fall.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Cybaster

-Melodius-

Necronomicon, outside Lunar Orbit

TM had not changed much since last we saw him, three and a half chapters ago; he was still his snide, cynical, and masked self, and he was walking with Melodius in the Necronomicon's hanger and production sections, on a gangplank elevated 60ft above the ground flanked by inactive machinery and scrapped frames of various Mobile Armors and Mobile Suits. It was almost a repeat of the previous scene with Melodius and his Master, with one crucial difference: Blaster Mari, standing at the other end of the walkway behind them with her arms crossed and her expression a mix of suspicion, disdain and depression as she tried to look the newcomer over from afar.

What was she to make of him, Mari wondered? Sure, he was darkly handsome, and seemingly much more likable and less egotistical than Tuxedo Mask, but he felt the same as TM generally --- Mari could tell that Melodius had his own designs, although they were probably not Melodius' own, and that those agendas involved TM and her. And it wouldn't be to her, or anyone else's benefit. Mari frowned, turning away; Melodius would have to be watched as well.

TM was smiling from ear-to-ear. He could sense the Metagaming emanating from Melodius --- different, but stronger. He could be an asset, even if Melodius did have his agendas; but whatever those were, TM was confident he could defeat them if Melodius chose to turn on them. TM would use Melodius for now, until the Council of Evil could get back on its feet and back into plot relevance. "At last! Nice to see another metagamer here who isn't completely suckered into the plot of this world. Melodius Greye, is it...?"

Melodius nodded. "It's an honor to finally meet you, TM. It's good to see your reputation and Base Attack Bonus precede you." A pause, Melodius inwardly scoffing at the incomplete frames around him. "So, how did getting Put On a Bus feel?"

"It's overrated." Was all TM said, shrugging. "Getting dropped out of plot relevance was fun for awhile, and in a Forum RPG there's no worries about being killed off if you're far away from the main plot or being hunted down by other players in case your own comes back, but it gets boring after awhile, doing nothing that affects the world."

"I know exactly what you mean, having a Character Sheet but never using it. All those awesome Save Bonuses, Ability Combinations...the Stat Block..." Melodius nodded again. "What good is having 18s across the block if you don't have any use for it? Or Class Levels, for that matter? I hope your skills haven't gotten rusty during that time..."

"Oh, trust me, it won't seem that way from the IC posts, but we've been busy enough. Haven't we, Mari?" TM turned and shouted back just as Mari disappeared behind the elevator behind them, frowning derisively. "We've been living like Space Pirates...no, not those Space Pirates, the Crossbone Vanguard's nothing but awesomesauce, too. Along the Outer Rim of the Earth Sphere, preying on supply convoys from the Federation and Fandom...sad state of affairs, but that's what I get for getting Put On A Bus. Oh well. I'm kinda hoping you'd be able to liven things---"

Melodius nodded. "Believe it." Indeed, TM has his uses. "How many of your original Council---"

"Other than Mari, we've got about four others, kinda new here. Most of the original guys left, though...lost five to the Federation patrols, the rest got bored of me and left to find their own living. Bunch of disloyal sissies...don't blame them for deserting a sinking ship, though. Plus, they're NPCs, so. I'll introduce them to you later, but as you can see, we're kinda running on empty as far as crewmen..."

"As soon as we pull into Side 6, I'll get you some men for the Necronomicon. I'd like to pick up some Custom Magic Items from there, too, as soon as I get my hands on a Calculator and a copy of the SRD." Melodius answered. "But afterwards, we're going to Trinary. Have Mari and your men prepared."

"Ah, Magic Items. The---" TM blinked at Melodius at the sudden realization of what he said; Melodius didn't look back. "The Trinary? That soon?"

"Cut off the head and the rest of the body dies, Tuxedo Mask...destroy the Trinary, and the Federation's hold on power in the Outer Rim will disintegrate. That'll get the Federation off the Necronomicon's back. Plus, it has all the supplies and equipment we'll ever need to fix the Necronomicon and get the Portal working again." Melodius shrugged. "More than enough to let us take on...other operations."

"You think we're strong enough for a raid on Trinary?"

"We will be, after we get to Side 6. Let's get started, shall we? That Save Bonus isn't getting any higher just standing here, Tuxedo Mask. Head to the bridge and get your pilots together; I'll be in my quarters settling in."

"Right." As Tuxedo Mask then nodded and walked ahead of Melodius on the gangplank, Melodius inwardly chuckled to himself. Oh, yes, TM had his uses...the main one was as a distraction away to pull Raven and Wraith from Project Sirene, and the Moon. Shame...you escaped my senses, but you couldn't escape my Master's, Wraith. This attack against you from Lunar Corp and the Federation provided me with just the opportunity to leave the Moon undetected. Too late now. Don't get your Grapple Bonus in a bind...come and follow me...

Sooner or later, though, both TM and Mari would have to be ditched...sacrificed to Wraith, and the Federation or Fandom. Melodius grinned to himself. It was only a matter of when...
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
hellbore

-Juuso Eljas-

Juuso was rightly pissed. The Federation interference had been much stronger than expected and now with reinforcements the tide had become even stronger against his forces. He rolled wildly to dodg the Fed ace's attack. He still lost a wingtip to the highly accurate fire. He decided that enough was enough.

"This is Commander Juuso Eljas of the Merciless," he called over the Fandom general radio band, "All ships pull back and mobile forces disengage. There no point in fighting on now. We've lost this one."

His remaining Musaka's launched their flares, even though close to 70% of his force was destroyed. The Dragoons boosted to the flagship and most made it back. The mast damaged one were destroyed by the fire from the Fed pilots, leaving just 3 from the initial 9. The GN-X's were cut off and destroyed by a mob of Jegans and the badly damaged Musaka was finished off.

By the time they had shaken off the more dedicated pursuers, Juuso had lost 8 out of 12 Musaka's, all 20 ZAKU's and 8 GN-X's and 6 Dragoons.

He sent a message to Ravens fleet from the Meciless' bridge. "I suggest you begin pulling out. There is nothing more to be done."
dreacon

The Fandom's signal to retreat seemed to snap Dreacon out of his daze.
What had brouht it on? he wondered. He'd never before questioneed this kind of fighting, even among new types. Dreacon looked over his controls, all of his panels were red in color. What ever happened had drained a good part of his Gundam's Energy, now it was back down to 25%.
He shrugged it all off, remembering there was a battle to be won and a Ship to be defended.
He was not fighting any where near his normal level, but that didn't it was best not to go in over his head here until he had better understanding of what he could come up against.
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
Kylern

The VF-25 boosted off giving a bit of trouble as it went. He guessed the mines had done more damage than he had hoped... It was almost like controlling an elephant if that even made sense. But once he had re-attached his FA pack the extra armor held the machine together a bit better and things were easier.

Kyle then noticed a Federation fleet had arrived and by george it was the Gray Wolf. He had never been so happy to see that piece of junk ever. But looking back at the damage he saw that the facility had taken very critical damage and the scattered parts of Thunderbolts sickened him inside. He could see the shattered remains of the defense teams also along the rocky surface. He opened up communications with the ship.

"This is Lt. Ryder, member of the EFS Ceres and temporary head of defense for Lunar Corps Mobile Testing Facility. A member of the Dark Star Knights is locked inside the facility and I need him captured. We also require assistance relocating equipment and personal back to the Moon." He issued these requests looking back at the service shaft. Deep in there was the man that had come close to killing him and despite a fear of that crazy a-hole he wanted him dead. Something scared him about the guy that had dodged bullets, absorbed his pistol fire, and cut through metal with his sword. Nothing had even damaged him and it irritated the VF pilot. Even though his spirit to fight was pretty much damaged he was still ready to try. All that was left out there was the last remaining Fandom forces that monster had brought here.

Transforming in battleroid mode he decided to show them the true power of his machine. All hatches opened and 214 armor piercing micromissiles littered his armor. His computer system locked onto the retreating Fandom forces and once he had gotten the homing lock he fired his entire FA pack's missile component at the remaining Fandom ships and mobile suit. The HM devices spread out in a bloom and like the judgment itself rained down from space... what would survive this final barrage? "Infinite Barrage..." Kyle named his new attack in a SRW kind of way.

(edit: Looked on Macross Manual and its 214 missiles not 108. That was the number on the Thunderbolt's Full Armor option)
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

-Raven-

The airlock hatch opened and security personnel entered; Kyle had failed to warn them of Wraith's armor and they carried only pistols. luckily for them Raven had decided against fighting. They failed to notice what seemed little more than a black shadow pass quietly through the airlock they carelessly left open.

-Fleet-

the three ships, seeing that the battle was going nowhere, began to retreat. they ordered a recall on all units. As they exited the satellites defense perimeter Kyle fired his missiles the ships began the best barrage they could muster and working Mobile Suits joined in.

There were just too many missiles; most headed for the ships were shot down leaving only a few, which paled in comparison to the already significant damages but several more GuAIZ suits were destroyed, leaving the fleet at 15 active units 6 being mobile dolls.

Wingnut

"Lt. Ryder, this is Captain Theo Rawn of the Grey Wolf. I'm sure we can accommodate your requests and help you transfer supplies and personnel to the moon."

Rawn noticed that Kyle seemed a bit different from the last time they spoke and figured that war was starting to have an effect on him.

"I'm a bit surprised to find you here though as last I heard you were still on Earth with the Gundam team. I also see you got yourself a new toy to play with."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.