Going to Iraq EDIT FOR 2010! In KUWAIT!!!!!!

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
goufx

J-Lead wrote:Just beware those MRE's. :) (language)

hey hey HEY! MRE's are not half bad, i had them at my encampment (CAP version of bootcamp). the only thing you have to watch out for is that cheese. never thought i would ever say this about cheese, but i would rather eat chilled monkey brains than have that cheese again.

my MRE had pork, bread that you could put cheese on ( look up at the top paragraph), clam chowder, etc. the only thing is, we had to eat everything cold ( well, it was the summer, so not too bad) because the cadets were not able to use the warmers, eat the candy, chew the gum, etc.

Mod Edit (Red): Fixed the BBCode... again...
dreacon

I havent seen an MRE this whole year, and as such, have no problems creating human waist, if anything the food from the cafetiria makes the trip to the bathroom too easy, too often, and most of the time, unwanted.

Renton: "Eurika, what i mean to say is."
Dreacon:"SAY IT." (Feels stomach pains)
Renton: "I mean i."
Dreacon: "its 3 bloody words, say it!!!" (Keels over with pain.
Renton:"Eurika i, (DVD Pauses, dreacon runs outside to nearest latreen, un knowingly, female and pops a squat, relizing what he's done as he leaves.
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
J-Lead

dreacon wrote:Renton: "Eurika, what i mean to say is."
Renton:"Eurika i, (DVD Pauses, dreacon runs outside to nearest latreen, un knowingly, female and pops a squat, relizing what he's done as he leaves.
...Is this a true story?
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
goufx

dreacon wrote:I havent seen an MRE this whole year, and as such, have no problems creating human waist, if anything the food from the cafetiria makes the trip to the bathroom too easy, too often, and most of the time, unwanted.

Renton: "Eurika, what i mean to say is."

aww, c'mon. nothing happened when i had my MREs.

Mod Edit (Red): Enabled BBCode so the quote tags would work.
dreacon

100% true story.
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
thenuke9000

Nothings worse than eating MREs straight for over a month and only being allowed to use the chemical latrines (aka porta potties) because we were in mixed company and slit trenches/"utilizing the woodline" were unacceptable due to POSH and CO2. Even though that was on rare occasions because of the after affects of what MREs do to the digestive system.

BTW, stay safe over there and keep up the good fight.
BOOMER SOONER
Oh my God its a GUNDAM!!!!!!!!!!!
TUCK FEXAS
young_oldtype

Is it still "the most dangerous place on Earth" out there as some would say it? Stay in one piece Dreacon-sama.^^
Theoden wrote:[/color]Spears shall be shaken, shields be splintered! A sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

See bullcrap here.
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN:
Praxis
dreacon

well, Renton finaly said those three bloody words but the lovly bootlegers who made my Eurika 7 disks kindly forgot to make sure that thte last half of the show had subs so i had to give up on that.
it anoys me so.....

"Sama"? please dont boost my ego, i do that enough "dono" or "san" is good enough.
dreacon

well i just lost my cushy job a few days ago, i'm goin' out on the road soon as i pass a kidney stone.
Rei Murasame

Out on the road? What area would you be in?
"And I... should contemplate this change...
To ease the pain.
And I... should step out of the rain...
And turn away..."
dreacon

the southern part, going back and fourth up to central iraq, i myself am on cob adder
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot

May the glory of Victory be yours.......

Seriously goodluck

Just do us all a favor and come back in one living piece

*salutes*
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Started on October 14,2007
Rei Murasame

COB Adder is near An Nasiriyah, so I'm assuming that when you say "from South to Central", you mean down to Basra and Qasr, right the way down to the border of Kuwait, and then also right the way up to Balad Airfield just north of Baghdad? That seems like quite a distance - would you personally see the entire length of that route?

I gather that you are supposed to protect lines of communication and transport along main and alternate supply routes. Does this mean you'll be likely to see a certain amount of combat now, and be at risk of FEP and IED attempts?

If so, that sounds pretty dangerous...
"And I... should contemplate this change...
To ease the pain.
And I... should step out of the rain...
And turn away..."
dreacon

Well, i', in Convoy Sec now, so yes there is an increased Risk of getting Maimed or killed, and we're on the Eve o Ramadon, or however thats spelled.
so it could get a little hairy. how ever at this point in the deployment with 4 months to go, we've not had any IED,EFP Strikes, no Complex attacks at this point. the only injury we've got so far was on account of a Drunken iraqi loosing control of his car (he's lucky he didn't get Ventelated)

Now me, i'm not worried, too much is riding on me to come home. and I've been on the brink of death twice before, and as you can see, i came back both times
RedBlitz

Sucks about your Eureka Seven thing, i'm sure you will find the subbed ending someday!! lol

Hope everything works out and good luck!! Altough it looks like you have every under control, may you obtain absolute victory!!!!!!!!!
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
NightFall

So are you alright? Please tell me your all right.
dreacon

Still going strong and headed out on my first mission outside the wire tomorow, i'll be out for at least 3 to 4 days, so if i don't show back up, send out the 08th team.
NightFall

dreacon wrote:Still going strong and headed out on my first mission outside the wire tomorow, i'll be out for at least 3 to 4 days, so if i don't show back up, send out the 08th team.
Hell I'll send every zaku we got! Stay safe and good hunting out there!
dreacon

Well, thats 2 missions under my belt now. So far i havent had need for any MS support. bit i did (its not mean its fair game acording to the ROE and LOW)
Bounce a Golf ball off a Rock throwers head.
NightFall

Bounce a Golf ball off a Rock throwers head)) Not sure what that means and you most likely can't say but sounds like your kicking ass! Rest easy.