TFtF Discussion Thread #2

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
The Loser Villain

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:Also, if you Titans PCs have been paying attention to Mark Simmons' new Zeta Gundam weapons thread elsewhere on the board, you will note that your Hizacks' 120mm machineguns are useless. This will now be reflected in the RPG, so get ready to have your main weapons do jack squat against AEUG mobile suits. ...just kidding. :P
I just got finished reading that.... No me gusta. :x

So should we start reflecting that in game from now on?
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Xvlai

Sorry for my lack of posting, busy moving myself and my parents so I have not hadand will lack internet for a bit. Ill get my rps out tonight or in the morning tomorrow then I should be gone for a bit.
Fritz Ashlyn

It seems my post will have to wait until the 8th, since I'm waiting for Cardi to post.

Don't blame me, blame him! GOD.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
EZero8

It will take me awhile to post. School is starting up so I'll be a little busy finishing up what homework I have left and doing the usual preparations...
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Montague

As of tomorrow I will be in Puerto Rico visiting family for a week. Feel free to puppeteer my character if things get held up.
"I came to laugh at you."
~ - Quattro Bajeena - ~
wonton bob

Is it me or has this been the bloodiest battle in pilot deaths? How many k.i.a. 7ish? It's a shame Mello is about to bite it soon. I dont see anyway he'll escape Picard's Newtype powersss
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
King Monkey

I feel kind of bad doing this to someone who's left the Contiguous 48, but it's been a week since Jacob shot at Elijah.

And since you're going to be out for a while more, Montague and there are fresh opponents coming, I'm going to invoke the 48 hour rule.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Lans

Hey Reddo, bout Hizack's 120mm standard machine gun. Are we going to reflect what Mark've said on his thread on the RP? Honestly I'm not so sure about the said gun couldn't bite properly on Gundarium Alpha.
mcred23

lans* wrote:Hey Reddo, bout Hizack's 120mm standard machine gun. Are we going to reflect what Mark've said on his thread on the RP? Honestly I'm not so sure about the said gun couldn't bite properly on Gundarium Alpha.
Wasn't Fritzy's joking about this clear enough? :P :roll:

Basically, as far as the Trinary is concerned (Since we've been talking about this) the 120mm isn't useless, but it's no beam rifle either. Glancing hits and stuff like that aren't likely to do anything, but it's not like we're going to have a sceen from MSG where a Nemo can just hold out it's hand and stop incoming rounds without any damage to the hand. Now, against the Rick Dias, with it's Gundarium Gamma armor, the 120 will probably be little more than distraction.

In short, if you've got a 120, and you're fighting a Rick Dias, you're pretty screwed as far as ranged combat goes. Against a Nemo, you'll still be able to put them in a world of hurt, but you'll have to get some solid hits on them.

And stop calling me Reddo. You have not earned that right yet. :twisted:
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Terrace

Once again, checking in on the status of the New Yark MS team, waiting for one or more to bite the dust. These posts can get so jumbled in my mind, that keeping a steady fix on the situation when my character is essentially a non-combatant is almost impossible.

On a somewhat related note, when my character actually reaches ace status (he's only got four more to go, based on his sign-up profile), can I have his Nemo repainted to match this lineart I had made some time ago?
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
wonton bob

New Yark team seems solid so far but can't say the same for the rest of the fleet especially poor Chuikov...poor, poor Chuikov. But the battle is not over yet, it's hard to predict anything around here..pilots could start dropping like flys. As for the colors, I think Pink is the final line they're willing to cross..up to the gods on this one...*psst* I hear if you call mcred "Reddo" he might put a good word in it for ya.
ORegan

mcred23 wrote: And stop calling me Reddo. You have not earned that right yet. :twisted:
Deal with it. If people call me Reggie(which doesn't sound anywhere near my last name), then you get to be called Reddo. You must join me in having stupid nonsensical nicknames. :evil:

And should I just have Patrick fly around? No one has ordered him around yet, so he's more or less just floating there as a battle rages on around him. :?
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Cardi Doorl

wonton bob wrote:Is it me or has this been the bloodiest battle in pilot deaths? How many k.i.a. 7ish?
You weren't around for the two Orbital Battles. They easily eclipsed this, due in no small part to our having built up an immense backlog of abandoned PCs.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
wonton bob

Cardi Doorl wrote:
wonton bob wrote:Is it me or has this been the bloodiest battle in pilot deaths? How many k.i.a. 7ish?
You weren't around for the two Orbital Battles. They easily eclipsed this, due in no small part to our having built up an immense backlog of abandoned PCs.
Ah, now I remember reading that. It took a few months for the next arc to start. Damn those were the good old days.

-Regan, as far as I know Ian is attacking the Kirov from above. I'm not sure where Patrick is...lost track of him awhile ago.
mcred23

wonton bob wrote:*psst* I hear if you call mcred "Reddo" he might put a good word in it for ya.
ORegan wrote:Deal with it. If people call me Reggie(which doesn't sound anywhere near my last name), then you get to be called Reddo. You must join me in having stupid nonsensical nicknames. :evil:
No no no, you two got that all wrong. That comment was directed just at lans*, the rest of you can call me 'Reddo'. Both of you have earned that right (Pretty much everyone on the forum has... except lans*. He can't. :twisted: ).

Anyway... :mrgreen:
Terrace wrote:On a somewhat related note, when my character actually reaches ace status (he's only got four more to go, based on his sign-up profile), can I have his Nemo repainted to match this lineart I had made some time ago?
lol "when character reaches ace status" comment.

Seriously, don't count on getting any custom colors any time soon. Not every veteran or ace gets custom colors anyway, and (IIRC/AFAIK) we've only got three AEUG suits that have any non-standard colors on them, none of which are Nemos (Fritz's Rick Dias Custom and Pan's Rick Dias are totally recolored, while Eddie's Rick Dias Custom has customized shoulders). Besides, if I were a Nemo pilots, I'd be more interested in being good enough to be considered for the Rick Dias units, rather than making my Nemo look purty. 8)
wonton bob wrote:-Regan, as far as I know Ian is attacking the Kirov from above. I'm not sure where Patrick is...lost track of him awhile ago.
Ian is close to passing the Kirov and thus being under it. However, based on earlier posts, Patrick was on the other side of the ship, the side the Eddie and Cowboy attacked on, so I don't know if he'd be able to move to engage Ian. I do know that the Titan pilots who were engaging Eddie and Cowboy were trying to contact each other after their attack, and I guess reform or something, so I'd imagine thats what Patrick should be doing as well.

Psyden

You forgot the other custom paint job, Celeste's Ricky has a white circle on the abdomen.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
ORegan

mcred23 wrote: Ian is close to passing the Kirov and thus being under it. However, based on earlier posts, Patrick was on the other side of the ship, the side the Eddie and Cowboy attacked on, so I don't know if he'd be able to move to engage Ian. I do know that the Titan pilots who were engaging Eddie and Cowboy were trying to contact each other after their attack, and I guess reform or something, so I'd imagine thats what Patrick should be doing as well.
You forget that my character is pretty much retarded, so even he has no idea where he is. :P
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
wonton bob

ORegan wrote:
You forget that my character is pretty much retarded, so even he has no idea where he is. :P
He can't be that low in chromosomes can he? No way Titans would keep him then..I don't think they're that in need of pilots at this point.

Jason is currently under the Kirov (hiding) :oops: I should be seeing Ian soon so might need you as back up...*ahem*

Celeste- that's right. For the while ball I'm guessing. You out of that coma yet? haven't seen you around.
mcred23

Psyden wrote:You forgot the other custom paint job, Celeste's Ricky has a white circle on the abdomen.
Okay, we have three officially approved customizations. Yours we just went "Eh" to and never officially approved/rejected, so it slipped by us and ended up in the RPG anyway. :roll:
ORegan wrote:You forget that my character is pretty much retarded, so even he has no idea where he is. :P
...For the sake of everyone, I'm going to let this opportunity for sillyness pass by. It's too easy. :mrgreen:

Anyway, I'm going to take this time to note that when this thread hits 60 pages (Which will likely be tonight, if we keep posting...), we are going to close it and start a new one. There are several reasons for this, mainly to prevent it getting lost in some error (Which happened to the old thread, and nearly happened to this one a few months back). Not that change should affect anything... 8)

ORegan

wonton bob wrote:
ORegan wrote:
He can't be that low in chromosomes can he? No way Titans would keep him then..I don't think they're that in need of pilots at this point.
The dude can barely read, control himself in space, and needs to be told what to do otherwise he's just useless. He wasn't born slow, he just has head trauma. In the words of that guy from The Comebacks, he's a mush-head. :P