TARRRPG Chapter 5: African Assault pt. 2

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

TARRRPG Chapter 5: African Assault pt. 2

((I'm going to try and keep the threads shorter if possible from now on, and we just hit a good place to start a new one, so I did.))

- Bian -

"I'm sorry to say right now that we don't have anything going at the moment that would require your services. Just try and rest for now. I'll see if I can confirm what you dreamed about Kayla Ryder in the meantime."

Bian took notice of his appearance again and noted that he was still in the clothes that the infirmary made him wear.

"You should probably go back to the infirmary now. The doctors are no doubt having a fit over you being gone. I'll see to it that you have freedom to move about the island as you wish however."

- Wingnut -

Running down to the hanger Wingnut found the other pilots for the most part right where he had left them.
"Guys, we've got a problem here. That female pilot that was shot. She died. But that's not the problem. I don't know why, but someone stole her body from the infirmary and we need to find the guy that did. We need to lock down this hanger to keep him from getting away, so please give me a hand with it."

Wingnut started to run off and help seal the hanger when he turned back to the others. "And don't worry about that order. I talked to Ryker about it, and we're not exactly going to follow it as the ones who issued it intended."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Zangetsu

"Thank you all I really apreciate you support following that order." Zangetsu said, just as Wingnut came in and explained the situation. "Okay what do we need to do?"
Kylern

-DC HQ-

"Thank you sir... and please do keep me informed. I have special interest in the whereabouts of the Ryder twins." He said this as he started to get up from his seat. When the Commander told him to return to the infirmary Kylern looked down to see he was still not dressed appropriately.

"Sorry sir... Was sort of in a hurry. I'll return there and thanks for the trying to help me. I greatly appreciate it." He gave a salute and then left the office. Turning down the hall he headed back for the infirmary and that doctor/scientist who wanted to continue to run tests on him.

-Federation Battleship Ceres-

Major Taylor sent a message to the captain of the Osprey as they entered the Atlantic ocean. The ship remained in air the entire time in order to decrease the time it would take to get to the battlefield.

"This is the acting Captain of the Ceres. I have called to tell you we have just entered the Atlantic Ocean and will arrive on your location within the next few days. We also have the 1st Variable Fighter squadron with us led by Lt. Ryder." The Major issued the message via satalight communication. [/i]
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

"Well, help close and lock the doors for starters. Then we need to make sure we have enough guards here in case he tries to get out anyway."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai and Tallis Stenner

Gai checked his gun again and then spoke up.

"I'll take some men and sweep the upper decks, I'll warn Kirie and check on Emily, as well."

Gai turned and found Tallis was behind him listening to the group.

"Tallis you and your men get some sidearms and lock down the hanger." with that Gai turned and left motioning for some guards to come with him.

-Medical ward-

Gai sent the guards first telling them "Don't hesitate to shoot if there is a threat."

Gai then opened the door and stuck his head in asking "Kirie? Emily? are things OK in here?"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Cybaster

-Kirie and Emily-

The latter, for the most part, was still very much incapacitated. Having been stabilized to 0 Hit Points and asleep, Emily was lying on one of the medical ward beds, hooked up subtly to the life sign monitors around the top of her bed, oblivious to everything. At least she seemed okay; Just unconscious.

But where was Kirie?

"Is something wrong, Gai?" A voice suddenly rang out from behind Gai and the guards just as Gai finished his question; Kirie was standing behind him, still in flight uniform, with a sheathed katana in one hand and in the other what looks to be...a cup of extra-large vanilla latte? Where'd Kirie get that from? "Oh, that," Kirie's head nodded towards the latte. "I got it down at the vending machines a few corners away...Don't ask me why we have vending machines on a military warship. Trust me, I don't know either."

Kirie moved his head sideways left and right, glancing at Emily and the medical ward past Gai. After Gai moved, Kirie shuffled past him briefly and set his latte down on a nearby table. "Sorry, I was at the washroom, and while I was around there I thought I might as well get a cup of coffee. We're okay so far...So what's happened? Why the general alarm?"
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai wasn't very surprised by the Latte heck he knew they had Hamburger Machines somewhere.

"well we think there may be an intruder. The Pilot of the Astrea died and now her body is missing. I wanted to make sure you two were OK; and warn you. I trust you'll guard Emily?"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Kylern

-DC HQ-

After arriving back in the room the Doc wanted him to lay back on the table again. And once again wires and crap were stuck to his body and head so the DC could run their tests.

"So whats the point of this might I ask?" Kylern asked as he tried to relax but found it awfully difficult. His AI was also plugged up to the system for some reason or another.

"I just want to make sure your doing well in this dimension. You had taken a nasty hit during that last battle and I believe the limiters need to be hightened for you." The Doc pressed away at the computer a little as he monitored brain waves and vitals.

"Ok but what was it at last time?"

A few seconds later the Doc replied after looking up the data provided by the mobile AI on Kylern's wrist. "63% And I'm going to lower it 48% to prevent you from hurting yourself. Meaning you will only be able to access 48% of the 707s power unless you forcefully remove the limiters. I believe this will be more comfortable at your current level but it also means your unit will behave no better than a top of the line mass produced unit of this dimension." Kylern gave a bit of a sigh and realized how crappy he was at this.

"So basically your telling me I'm a failure..." A hint of depression could be heard in the guys voice as he realized what he was being told.

"No thats not it. Compared to data collected on others from your dimension your abilities are sub par. But that seems to be because you don't possess the seed of a Newtype like all them did. That doesn't mean your a failure but you need to work harder to reach their level." Kylern wasn't convinced... He just sighed and leaned further back. His entire body seemed to betray him as the sedatives started to take affect. Within seconds he drifted off to sleep as they continued to run brain wave tests to see if they missed anything.
Cybaster

-Kirie-

Kirie nodded and raised his katana for a second.

"Sure, I'll take care of it. You just do what you need to do, Gai." He simply said, and reached out to grab his latte again. "Don't let him get away, whoever he is."

-????-

Calais, Northern France

He is late.

The Grand Lighthouse Cafe was a small, beautifully-built coffee house situated on one of the old piers of the city of Calais. On the tip of Northern France, Calais had remained a neutral port, somehow, despite the Fandom's general hold on the rest of Europe; As such, the already-bustling city grew even larger as millions, perhaps billions, flocked to the neutral port to sought either life, opportunity, or simple escape.

One particular person at the cafe was searching for neither of them. Bald and with dark skin, and with a wise, veteran's look about him, the man was seated at one of the seaside tables with a cup of lemon tea, looking out at the horizon. Much of him was oddly dressed (but who wasn't nowadays?) : He had on a pair of opaque, black round sunglasses and was wearing a set of plain-looking dark green overcoat and pants with black leather shoes. One thing was sure, however: He was a little out-of-place.

Not that he minded. He hadn't intended to be there long. But things were not going the way he had intended.

He is very late.

It wasn't as if Calais was difficult to find. It was a very large city; An eyesore on the map of Europe. With the current navigation systems, any single idiot could find it. Unless, of course, said idiot was a complete clueless with directions --- Of course. The man chuckled to himself, taking a sip of lemon tea, and continuing the glance at the tranquil, sunny sea beyond, ignoring the chatter of the others around him. There was only one explanation; How could he have forgotten? It explained why he was late.

But at least the man was content to wait since he was going to have to one way or another --- If it turned out the way he hoped, it would be worth the entire prolonged exposure. That was, of course, if he took up the man's offer for a meeting about a job, here in Calais. And eventually, the man smiled, nodding to himself, even Masaki Andoh and the Psybuster would find his way to Calais, direction dunce or not...

(Anyone who wants to play Masaki for a bit here, go right ahead.)
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Zangetsu

"Okay!" said Zangetsu as he went around with some men to lock down the doors. "if anyone spots anything out of the ordinarysay something don't keep it to yourself."
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

"thanks Kirie."

With that done Gai set off to join the search.

Raven
-Great Wall observation deck-

Raven was waiting. perfectly still and perfectly quiet. His cloak not even fluttering a millimeter in the still, cool air. He knew the time to act would be soon....

Icer team

"Captain, are we there yet? Honestly who puts a base in this out of the way city?" The question came from Snow, the youngest of the group.

looking about Captain Icer realized that they were indeed there so his response was "yes; and someone who wants to remain hidden, I suppose"

the city was quite, it wasn't a huge city but definitely a large enough one that the federation would keep an eye on. the entrance they would use was a personnel only entrance far too small for any kind of mobile weapon.

The began the descent down the ladder making sure no one was watching, just as instructed.

hellbore

-Hellbore-

Hellbore took the news with a bit of a shock. Who would want a dead body, and why? He realized he didn't have a sidearm and thought to look in side the Freedom. Climbing into the cockpit , amazingly he found a standard issue ZAFT pistol in a storage space under the seat. Hmm. Must of crossed over with the suit.
Taking his new weapon, Hellbore made his way to search the upper decks of the ship.

-Jacob-

With the help of the two men, Jacob made his way to the infirmary and was helped into a bed. Sara came up to him with a worried look on her face. "Hey," she asked, "want wrong with you? Thats twice you've had to take those pills. What causes you so much pain?"
"It's nothing I want to talk about," he replied.
"Why?"
"I just don't want to. OK." Jacob rolled over. He couldn't tell her, about the accident, about him.
Strike Zero

- Osprey -
- Hanger -

Strike was up and moving in a second. There were more than enough guards here to keep him from leaving if nessecary. Better to search the rest of the ship. He drew the side-arm he had strapped to his side and followed Gai towards the upper deck.

This was it. The cloaked man had arrived at his destnation: a ladder leading up to a service hatch, which in turn led to the outside of the ship--specifically the roof of the massive transport plane. The man's escape had been planned so that he would not need to exit the ship via the hangar--the way out that the crew was most likely to cut off once his presence was made known. Once he had made it to the top of the ship, getting away would be an easy task.

The man draped Kayla's body over one shoulder as carefully as he could, then began the climb up to the top. It was made difficult with the use of only one arm, but he managed to make it to the top in just under a minute.

Once he reached the top, he managed to keep himself perfectly balanced as he released his grip on the ladder, reached up, and tugged on the ladder's release lever. A great rushing of air filled the corridor as he pushed it open. In comparison to the previous climb, this proved to be not-so-difficult--as soon as the wind outside caught the hatch's lip, it was flung open and slammed atop the Osprey's armor plating with an ear-splitting CLANG.

It was only when he began to pull himself up when he noticed the one thing that had served to give him away his entire time on the ship: what appeared to be a tiny sensor bolted on the side of the entryway. No doubt its purpose was to indicate to somebody somewhere whenever the hatch was being opened.

"Hmph. Problematic."

Time was now of the essence. He hoisted himself up and out onto the Osprey's expansive roof. Any normal person would have most likely been blown away then and there. However, somehow, despite the powerful rushing air-currents that surrounded him, he managed to keep himself perfectly balanced in a standing position atop the speeding transport plane. Taking the Captain's body in both arms once again, he turned and, with his slow and steady walk, began making his way towards the back of the craft.

- Thanatos -

"At any rate, I personally witnessed the Gundam Astrea being thrown out of the enemy craft moments before self-destructing. I suppose we will have to prepare for the worst."

This news left Leon stunned for several seconds. Kayla had attempted to blow up the Osprey? And to take revenge for him?

By all regards, this meant that she was now dead. Even if she had succeded, there was no way the crew of the ship would have let her live after pulling such a stunt. The poor girl...

Leon felt remorse for it. He had dragged her along for the high-risk mission--part of the responsibility lay with him.

As much as he could, he quickly pushed aside the feelings. There would be time for it later. For now...

"Thank you, Lowind, for telling me this," Leon said finally. "Now... you said you wanted to know about Thanatos. What would you like to know, exactly?"

EDIT: Added a few more RPs.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Kylern

-Ceres-

The massive battleship sped across the Atlantic Ocean at top speed. It was the fastest ship in the Federation fleet as well as the most heavily armed. Over all this monster lived up to the hype. But before entering Africa to meet up with the rest of the fleet they would meet up with another carrier for another unit. This other unit was the 101st Airborn assault unit made up of Federation Flag mobile suits. They would help boaster the already powerful attack force and almost guarantee a victory over the Suez.

Finally Europe came into view and the ship rendezvoused with a second Gaurda class ship carrying the elite strike force. Now they just needed to get to Africa and meet up with the Osprey.

-DC HQ-

After the tranqs wore off Kylern found himself laying there again on that same hospital bed, hooked up to the same machines. The doctor who had been assigned to work with him was nowhere to be seen. This gave the college student a moment of breath time. He sat up and gave a glance at the test results that piled up on the desk.

"Test results show no hint of Newtype abilities. Also shows no special mental and physical traits. Research on individual known as Kylern shows a lack of quality compared to other individuals drawn from separate dimensions." He read on and his anger started to rise again. Frustrated he threw the papers in the corner and started to change into his clothes nearby.

"Damn scientist thinks I'm a nobody... I'll show him I'm not a damn nobody." He had changed and before anyone else showed up he left the room. He was feeling better now and ready to do something. So quickly he headed for the hangar and his White Knight which was standing there looking rather lonely. "I need info on Fandom movement in this area..." He asked his mobile AI.

"Sir a Fandom troop transport is moving 200km north of us towards a Fandom island outpost. Satalight has tracked two Tausendfuessler class carriers." "Good we are going to ruin their day... Lets get going." He put on a wicked grin and hopped up into the VR and launched out of the island base. His machine transformed the Phase Shift System weapon into Blue Slider and chased after the two ships.
dreacon

Mother Wind-
Dreacon had fallen asleep for a bit, but even in his dreams he could not find rest.

~Dreacon stood surrounded by thousands of corpses, in all states of decompesition. He wanted desperatly to move, he wanted to go away from this place, but he couldent climb the walls of the dead around him.
"Is this what it is, to be a "hero"?" he thought to himself.
Knowing that as his farther befor him. a "Hero" of his callibur is just a murderer. For ever walking as Death on two legs.
He looked around him at all of the bodies feverishly looking for a way out.
When he herd knocking. He looked all around again.
the knocking came again.~

Dreacon slowly opened his eyes, the dream over at last.
The door knocked again. He put his tunic on and sat up.
"Who is it?"
He inqured to the door.
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
The Big Zabowski

Osprey Medical bay

"Well, the bullets have been successfully removed, but he's still worse for wear. Should we use that tank we just had installed?"

The Chief Medical Officer of the ship scratched his head and looked back at the ailing Fandom pilot, blood and gore covering the gauze and wrappings on the young man's body as he laid on a stretcher at the end of the bay. He then looked down though a doorway to another room near the operating center, where several Iron Lung type machines were held. Next to those units could be seen large cylindrical tanks lying horizontally along a wall on the left side of the bay.

Inside they held a glowing blue liquid that bubbled slightly as one would watch the tank go through it's cycles. With a slight smile the officer nodded and signaled several medical technicians to load the mortally wounded pilot into the tank.

"So they deciphered the code as calling this thing a Bacta tank? Strange.. And to think it's just a mix of bacteria and algae compounds."

"Yeah, they've started to institute them all over the Federation, with the Bacteria being easy to replicate and grow. Just throw some sea weed in there and boom, you got a guy alive and kicking after he wraps a car around a pole.."

"Well, let's hope this works. If we're to be the preeminent task force in the Federation, we might as well be able to use these.."

As the doctor finished, he watched the the Federal pilot was loaded and sealed into the Bacta tank, and it began to bubble and stain pink with the blood that still seeped from his wounds.

((Yep, if we're pulling crap from other dimensions, might as well pull a Bacta Tank from Hoth. XD))
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Zangetsu

"Hangar secured." Zangetsu said as his group had finished locking up. 'This is strange.' he thought. 'The enmy hasn't tried to escape through the hangar or take the bridge hostage. What is he expecting to do fly off.' it was then Zangetsu remembered. "Ohh, no we missed a spot. Come on men follow me." he then pulled a radio he cliped to his belt. "Wingnut the hangar is secrued. I'm taking my teams to begin a search through the service areas. It's the perfect place to hide when people aren't looking."
Wingnut

- Ryker -

The bridge was monitoring the situation and heard Zangetsu's report.

"Zangetsu, this is Ryker. We're showing an open hatch on the top of the ship in section 39. The intruder might be trying to escape from there."

- Wingnut -

Wingnut heard the report over the radio he too had, but the whole situation was not making sense at all.

Who would want to steal a dead body of all things? Was it because she was a possible newtype? More importantly, someone had to have snuck onto the ship at some point to get her.

The situation was rapidly getting too complex for Wingnut's liking.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai was first to reach the hatch as he had been closest; he had heard when the nearby corridor filled with wind. Not liking his choices Gai put his gun in the holster and began to climb.

When he reached the top Gai remained below the Hatch opening and readied his gun before poking his head above, prepared to duck back at any moment
Last edited by Sume Gai on Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kylern

-Kylern-

The Temjin 707 sped across the sky away from the base. The Doctor/Commander gave him permission to explore the island and Kylern just took it a little further. It was a glorified joyride with the intent to do mischief. And mischief he would do because he had plans to show he wasn't a failure.

After what seemed like an hour of flight time he finally noticed the two Fandom transports. He decided to send a report to DC HQ to cover his ass. "This is DC pilot Kylern of the White Knight. I am intercepting two Fandom mobile suit transports moving through our defense perimeter. I will be engaging and eliminating the enemy." Then he shut communications off and unlocked his weapon systems for combat.

"Alright lets do this!" The music player turned on and heavy metal started to play in the cockpit. It was time to seek and destroy which was the song by Metallica which started to play.