TARRRPG Chapter 4: African Assault

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

- Bian -

The new man was quite arrogant to say the least. Everything about him screamed "mercenary". While Bian knew that he could not be trusted, he also knew that if he let him escape it could come back to haunt him at an inopportune time later.

"Considering your actions, one might think it was you who was rude to us waltzing up to our door like you did.
Before I agree to let you join I would like to know why you want to join us. Frankly you don't strike me as one who believes in an ideal or a dream to justify why you fight, so how would I know that you wouldn't run off to some other faction if it suited your fancy?"

- Wingnut -

"Well, I haven't known you long either, but I wouldn't turn against you unless you became a credible threat. Fortunately, that seems highly unlikely."

It was then that the guard returned with the computer technician and approached the group.
"Ah, good. There's some information that we need to get out of this suit's computer and we need a pro to help out. Follow me."
The tech did so as both he and Wingnut climbed up on the Bawoo and activated the manual controls that opened the cockpit hatch.

((TBZ, that's KITAI's cue.))
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
sephiroth00055

-DC HQ-

"Well, I am unable to tell you that I would not." Sephiroth exclamed with a more serious tone. "To tell you the truth, I only fight fight for one thing, me! Its my dream to be the best pilot ever and to drive the strongest suit. I want to be known and feared everywhere. I have no ambition of ruling the world. I leave that to people like you. You seem to be the next stop on my Train to power. If it isnt you then its someone else but neither you nor anyone is going to stop me. It would be nice to have the strongest guy on your side, would it not?
Strike Zero

- Osprey -
- Hanger -

Things had happened so fast, Strike barely had any time to react. He had been helping Stellar out of her cockpit when the sound of weapon fire rang out through the hanger. His first instinct had been to shield Stellar while he searched for the source of the gunshots. It didn't take long--the female Fandom officer that had accompanied the defector Zabowski onto the Osprey had gone and shot the man in the back, screaming something about how he'd ruined everything for her. She was then hit by another smatter of bullets fired by Gai, and finished off by a wrench deathblow courtesy of Emily.

The two were promptly hurried away to the medical ward. That should have been the end of their problems... except the Gundam Astrea the woman had rode in on suddenly came to life. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the Gundam was about to explode or something similar.

Wingnut took his Re-GZ forward to try and get rid of the Gundam. Emily was faster. In an astonishing display of light, the Unicorn Gundam transformed into Destroy mode and tackled the Gundam Astrea and sent it flying out into mid-air. The machine then exploded in a firey, emerald burst of GN-particles, putting an end to existence permanently.

Finally, with that out of the way, Strike finally had a chance to relax and to take in what it was the Zabowski had come onboard to tell them. The Federation was planning on eliminating Newtypes? Even those who were among their own ranks? Could it really be true...?

It was then that Zangetsu posed the question that would have come up sooner or later. "If the order came down," he said, "would you kill us?"

Gai was first to respond. "Never. At least as long as you fight beside the rest of us, after all..."

Strike waited, expecting him to continue, but he didn't.

"Thanks Gai," Zangetsu replied, seeming relieved. "What about the rest of you?"

"Well, I haven't known you long either," Wingnut said, "but I wouldn't turn against you unless you became a credible threat. Fortunately, that seems highly unlikely."

Strike was about to chime in his own agreement when, to his surprise, Stellar stepped forward and approached Zangertsu. "Stellar... would never make Zangetsu die," she said. Then she smiled at him.

"Nor would I," Strike said, unable to help chuckling at Stellar's odd phrasing. "You're our friend, Zangetsu. We could never do that to you. The same goes for Emily."

Even as he said this with as much reassurance as possible, Strike couldn't help but feel uneasiness tickle at the back of his mind. Of course he wouldn't want to do it... but if it was an order from the higher-ups... they would be given no choice. What would be the Federation's reaction should the Gundam team refuse to carry out an order? Would they attempt to force them to obey? Or would they use the other, more obvious method for dealing with insubordinates...?

- Osprey -
- Medical Ward -

Despite their best attempts, the medical teams couldn't revive the fallen Captain Ryder. It would seem that Gai was a rather excellent shot--the bullet that had pierced her lower back got some internal organs. They couldn't fix her up in time before she'd bled out. It was strange though... the woman had gone into cardiac arrest far sooner than anybody would have expected. It was almost as if she didn't have any will to live... as if she wanted to die...

The medics decided to switch their focus over Zabowski--better to worry about patients who were actually still alive. They had moved over the room where he was being tended to, leaving the captain alone.

As they exited, another decided that it was time for him to come out of hiding, and enter the stage.

A figure emerged from a shadow in the corner of the room. His face was that of a stoic mask. He had dirty-blonde spiked hair, piercing blue eyes, slightly tanned skin and wore a dark, brown-grey cloak that flowed around his body, as well as obscuring his face short of his nose. As he walked, however, one could catch glimpses of a dark uniform underneath his garment... a Fandom uniform by the looks of it.

He approached the Captain's bed, taking long, slow strides, observing her still form. Even in this state, she still managed to hold a slight aura of beauty around her. He stopped once he had reached her side.

"Don't give up, fair lady," he spoke softly.

The man ran a hand softly over the Captain's pale forehead.

"Your usefulness has not yet expired."

Then, the man reached forward and gently scooped the lifeless Kayla into his arms. Her head rested listlessly against his chest as he pulled her closer to his body. With a slight furl of his cloak, he turned, and simply carried her out the medical ward door.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Wingnut

- Bian -

Bian inwardly was repulsed by what Sephiroth spoke of. Such desires had no place in Bian's plans. However he was right about having a powerful pilot on his side, although he was by no means the most powerful pilot there was, nor was his machine. Kylern and Alex had proven that by forcing him to stop fighting and come down and talk. He was a wild card, but not beyond a measure of control.

"Very well. I formally welcome you into the Divine Crusaders. I will see to it that your machine is repaired, though it may take a while as we have not seen the design before."

Bian then left the room and approached the lead technician and told him to repair the machine that Sephiroth had used, but to also add something extra.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Alex Bloke

Alex had watched quietly as the proceedings involving this Sephiroth followed through. He then followed commander Maier and waited to speak with him. It was most likely nothing but it was required procedure to inform his commanding officer of any malfunctions; no matter how small.

He had heard exactly what Bian ordered of the technician, thanks to his cybernetic ears, but he wouldn't let anyone know what he had heard without express orders.

after Bian had finished with the tech, Alex approached and spoke.

"Commander Maier, I am obligated to report that there may have been a malfunction within my emotional suppression circuit during Mobile Unit disconnect, however, self diagnostic has detected no errors and the unit seems to be working within standard parameters."
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
The Big Zabowski

Bawoo K

Wingnut didn't even have to open the hatch to the manual override, as the hatch had been left open by Michael after he had exited the craft. On the seat, he would find a package envelope that was quite thick, and upon feeling it's contents would feel a thick stack of papers, and several drive disks similar to a flash drive at first feel. Around him the cockpit was quiet, the suit itself shut down completely.

And as the technicians went to attempt to turn the suit on, they'd notice that their inputs into the console would just sound off dead keystrokes in the cockpit. The suit, it seemed, had been locked out to every one. Everyone that is, except for her pilot.

Then a technician scanned the computers for any activity, and with a EMF and Gauss meter would find something odd before the meters would fizzle.

"Sir, it seems that there's some sort of magnetic jammer activated in this suit. Our equipment is ruined for the most part. Must be some new Fandom countermeasure."

Wingnut, and all of the people around the suit would notice the localized field would cause all electronic equipment to jam and fail once they were placed within 10 meters of the suit. Any suits docked alongside it would also show catastrophic computer failure, resulting in them becoming "bricked."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Wingnut

((Uh Gai, I think you got confused there mixing Bian and Maier there.))

- Bian -

"Commander Maier, I am obligated to report that there may have been a malfunction within my emotional suppression circuit during Mobile Unit disconnect, however, self diagnostic has detected no errors and the unit seems to be working within standard parameters."

"It sounds like the system was late in activating after combat was over. I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again."

Bian started to leave, but turned back to Alex.

"And do please keep what you heard to yourself. I'd rather not have to use that if I don't have to."

Bian then walked down the corridor for real this time.

- Wingnut -

"Sir, it seems that there's some sort of magnetic jammer activated in this suit. Our equipment is ruined for the most part. Must be some new Fandom countermeasure."

"Terrific. So aside from these papers and such, what we have here is basically a 50 ton paperweight. Have someone get a forklift or something and push this suit out of the way of the rest of our units. I've got to talk to the Major about something."

Wingnut then headed to Ryker's quarters with the info. Briefly looking through the papers, it seemed that everything that Zabowski had said was true.

Federal Order A-1141

Captain Zabowski. The Gundam team will now be tasked with the following information that you must relay back to Commander Ryker and his men as soon as possible. We will be bringing the war to a new level with Anti Newtype protocols to help curb the tide of Newtype experimentation within Fandom.

This includes but it not limited to the detaining of possible Newtype candidates and the possible extermination of such subjects in order to prevent them from falling into Fandom hands. It is imperative that the following dossiers on the families of these certain subjects are turned over to the Gundam team.

"Son of a bitch..."

Wingnut soon found a list of names of those who were on the Federation's watch list. Sure enough Kyle, Zangetsu, and Emily were all on that list along with several others.

Kayla Ryder. A sister of his perhaps?

Wingnut reached Ryker's quarters and entered without knocking.

"Sorry for the intrusion sir, but I have something you need to see."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kylern

-Cheyenne Mt. Federation Base-

Alarms were going off inside the massive base as a new type of ship was being loaded. All that was left were the Templar 1st Valkyrie unit led by Lt. Ryder. This ship was a new Minerva class battleship called the Ceres. Its acting Captain was Corporal Taylor. This man was an experienced naval commander and had commanded many ships in his past. For now it was his job to make sure this ship and its collection of transforming mechs made it to the battlefields in the Middle East before the main offensive started. Reports came in that there had been a fight and the crew of the Ospery were holding for a little before moving into position.

The massive ship was finally loaded up and it was starting to raise into the launch catapult. As they final countdowns were played the electromagnetic rails started to hum with energy. Finally the count hit zero and the ship was launched on its maiden flight. Engines roared to life as the wings unfolded allowing the ship to fly in the atmosphere. this was the most powerful vessel in the Federation forces and it was bound for Africa to meet up with the hard pressed crew of the Osprey
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
hellbore

"Would you kill us?"

"Same here. I would never hurt any one of you intentionally." responded Hellbore with the others. "I don't know if what Zabo was saying is true but bloody hell..."
Hellbore trailed off, lost in thought.

He watched as Wingnut and some techies entered Zabo's Fandom suit and came out with an envelope and started ruffling through some papers he found inside. He both visibly stiffened and swore. Hellbore got a very bad feeling suddenly.
sephiroth00055

-DC HQ-

Sephiroth was now bored out of his mind. His mech was in repairs, so he could not drive it. He knew none of the people except Bian and the two pilots he fought, but his pride would not let him speak to either of them. He approached Bian and said, "HEY, do you have any mechs that I could drive? I am bored out of my mind. Come on, please, I have got to have something to do before I die of boredom." He eagerly waited for a reply. "Oh yeah, I had also thought of some stuff that we could change on the Terror Judgment. When I am done I will show you and maybe you can make the changes. You all have lots of money and parts right. The Terror Judgment will be so cool." Sephiroth Turns around and leaves, lost in the thought of his upgrades. In the background you here "... and it will have fitfy cannons, and boom, all the other guys are dead..."
Lowind

"I hope you are all right. Don't worry, I do not care to know what's wrong with you." Lowind said as he helped Jacob to his feet. "The two of you, help the Captain to his room."

Lowind then left the hangar himself for a quick break.

-Half an hour later-

"Sir, what are you doing?"

"Oh. I am trying to reestablish communications with whatever that was that fired that volley in the previous battle. I want some answers. That Leon is a careful person, so he is the only one that knows what happened exactly." Lowind said as he tried another channel. "But, there is something called trial and error."

"This is a top secret channel. You have no business here." At last something other than static.

"Oh. I am sorry. This is Captain Lowind of the Kamaitachi. I suppose you are the one responsible for the the missile attack in the battle an hour ago. We are requesting information about your force and possibly better coordinated fire support in upcoming battles. Your secrets will not be compromised, I assure you."

"If you are unable to cooperate we will be forced to mark your craft as a renegade and a danger to everyone, due to the fact that your attack did as much damage to us as it did to the enemy. Don't want things to get too nasty, though. Personally, I think we can get along." Lowind said, eagerly awaiting an answer.
Volnixshin

Bio and Otto had finished make adjustments to his new shield, allowing it to attackh to his back like a defensive backpack, and slide the shotgun and machine gun into holsters between he and the shield. Otto himself, had been practicing with his heat hawks in his manipulators. So far, no word from up above to attack the Osprey, but they were ready to jump into action at anytime.

To kill time, Otto and Bio often sparred to keep sharp. They wern't acting, but they knew their next objective.
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
Strike Zero

- Thanatos -
- Bridge -

"We're receiving a communication? From who?" Captain Lister said.

"Unknown. Whoever it is, I believe he may have stumbled upon our frequency by chance," one of the bridge officers replied.

Lister frowned. If that was the case, then it would be better to ignore the communication. The Thanatos, while now in action, was still subjected to secrecy until ordered otherwise.

"This is a top secret channel," Lister said, responding to the signal. "You have no business here."

"Oh. I am sorry," came a reply. This is Captain Lowind of the Kamaitachi. I suppose you are the one responsible for the the missile attack in the battle an hour ago."

This managed to capture Lister's attention. Whoever this man was, he was very intuitive if he was able to deduce that much. He also recognized the name Kamaitachi. That was the transport ship the commander had coordinated their attack with. But this man was unfamiliar... as far as he knew, the Kamaitachi was supposed to be under the command of Captain Kayla Ryder.

The transmission continued. "We are requesting information about your force and possibly better coordinated fire support in upcoming battles. Your secrets will not be compromised, I assure you."

At that moment, Leon arrived on the bridge looking less than happy. He had arrived back at the Thanatos about half an hour ago, along with the Vindicator squadron. Normally the man appeared cheerful, but after the recent defeat, he wasn't in the best of moods.

"What's going on?" he asked, joining Lister at his side.

"Communication from the Kamaitachi. I'm not certain how they got on our frequency, but they are requesting information about our ship and our force.

Lowind wasn't finished. "If you are unable to cooperate we will be forced to mark your craft as a renegade and a danger to everyone, due to the fact that your attack did as much damage to us as it did to the enemy. Don't want things to get too nasty, though. Personally, I think we can get along."

Leon arched an eyebrow at this. "Who the hell is this guy?"

"He says his name is Lowind, and that he is the Kamaitachi's new Captain.

"What? New captain? What happened to Kayla?"

"He didn't say."

Leon recalled the name Lowind... he was the pilot of that black Gundam Epyon that had accompanied him. But why was he now in command? It couldn't be that Kayla was...

"Let me handle this." Leon stepped up the communication's station and reached around the operator to activate the COM. "Calm down, pal," he said. "Nobody said anything about being unwilling to cooperate. Since the Thanatos has now entered combat operations, I will be glad to share with you information on its specs and capabilities.

"But before we get into that... I'd like to know why are you now the Kamaitachi's captain. What happened to Kayla Ryder?"

- Osprey -
- Medical Ward -

"What the....?!"

The doctor stood at the door of Kayla's room, staring at her bed disbelievingly, for the bed that she had previously occupied... was now empty. Which was impossible. She had been dead. Dead people didn't just get up and walk away on their own.

...right?

"Go...go tell somebody! Tell the captain!" he said to the aide standing at his side, who nodded shakily and ran off to tell Ryker the news.

The cloaked figure traveled swiftly, yet calmly down the Osprey's winding series of corridors, being careful to stay out of sight while making his way to one of the ship's many access hatch that led to its roof. From there, he could make his escape.

Not far now....
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Kylern

-DC HQ-

The 20 yrs old man known in this dimension as Kylern woke up to a horrible realization. He had seen the anger, madness, and final death of his other half in this universe. He had seen Kayla die in his dreams and he had felt the horrendous sadness and despair she had felt and he left him in a cold sweat.

"Its alright sir. Your just having a nightmare." The doctor from before had been monitering his newest subject from another world. The brain wave moniter had spiked during the so called nightmare and the Doctor/scientist had been rather concerned. But like a trooper his subject woke up. "Is this guy a newtype or does he have some sort of connection with members of this world? How odd, maybe I should look into this." The man was thinking this through as Kylern shook his head and tried to catch his breath.

"Shes dead... Kayla died... I can't believe shes dead... She wasn't suppose to die before meeting her brother again." He kept talking to himself seemingly unaware of the man next to him. Then Kylern turned an eye to the doctor before looking over at the wires coming off of him. He just realized he was hooked up to some sort of machine and quickly he pulled the wires off him and got off the table.

"Sir you need to lay down for a bit. You took a hard hit from that previous battle and your not ready yet." Kylern ignored the man and grabbed his arm mounted computer.

"Kylern you need to listen to the man. Your not ready yet... It seemed the limiters were set too low for you and you almost killed yourself." The AI typed out with what seemed to be concern. Really its only concern was that it wouldn't be able to fight again if its pilot was dead or injured.

"Shut up both you. She's dead and you wanna keep me here asleep. I don't know what you want out of me but there are more important things than tests and sleep." Kylern then started to walk away. He needed to meet this Bian fellow that ran this place. He had seen SRW Divine Wars and if they were the same fellow then he knew that despite the tactics the man had what was right for the world in his mind. That to him meant the man could be trusted and it was time to not only introduce himself but to figure out what the hell was going on.

So out of the lab he went and towards the mans office he was going. After getting directions from a wall terminal Kylern found his destination and knocked. "Sir I'm the new transported individual Kylern. I would like to have a word with you." He asked this before entering.
Sume Gai

Alex Bloke

Alex had been assigned to escort Sephiroth for the time being. They were on their way to the MS simulators when Kylern, in clear distress, came running down the Hall.

"Kylern, your physical condition is poor. you should be resting."

however before he had finished Kylern was long gone.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Wingnut

- Bian -

Despite the newcomer, it was a slow day at DC HQ which left Bian to study reports and intelligence data from various sources.

He was interrupted by a knocking on the door of the room that served as his main office on the island.

"Sir I'm the new transported individual Kylern. I would like to have a word with you." He asked this before entering.

Bian looked up at the man, clearly disturbed by something he had experienced.
"Yes, Kylern. Have a seat and feel free to tell me what's on your mind."

- Ryker and Wingnut -

Ryker had looked over the damning order and other materials that went with it and was appalled that such an order could be given.
Wingnut noticed the Major's similar reaction to his own and spoke up.

"I have to say I don't exactly like this either, sir. I can understand not wanting newtypes to fall into Fandom hands to be experimented on or turned into a weapon, but what they would have us do here is a bit too extreme in my opinion." It's like they want us to be Titans or something, only worse.

"I agree. However, this is a direct order and I can't ignore it. Fortunately it does not explicitly state what I am to do other than make sure that these possible newtypes don't fall into Fandom hands."
Ryker looked up at Wingnut with a smile. "I think you can see where I am going with this."

Wingnut relaxed and also smiled. "Yes, sir. I can. I'll let the others know that there's nothing to worry about."

Wingnut then left the room and returned to the hanger to update the other pilots on the situation.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kylern

Kylern walked in and sat down in a chair. He still looked like he had just gotten out of bed but with this seething anger he didn't care. Sadly he hated being angry and the fact he was just bothered him even more. Mentally he just wanted to rip something up but part of him wanted to break down... The problem with having chronic depression, it made his moods rather swingy at best.

"Sir I'm having a few issues with whats been happening. For one what am I doing here? I mean this war has been going on for awhile and nobody has drug me kicking in yet... Actually I'm pretty worried about the other individuals from my dimension. I think this universe is going to leave them all scarred for life even if we return. I just honestly don't know what to do... And second it seems someone close to me in this dimension has died. I actually saw it happen in my dreams... The Federation and Fandom are on a dangerous crash course and we need to stop them especially with this new Federation order to hunt newtypes." It might have seemed rather odd that he knew more of this being as new as him. It was the benifit of being one of the last members of Mechatalk that joined this war. This all bothered him and he felt powerless to prevent more deaths out there. Plus with this new guy joining DC he felt even more concerned. That guy was a loose cannon and would destroy DC if they let him be.
dreacon

Dreacon sighed as he looked up at the ceiling of the small room he's been asked to stay in untill the Command of the Mother witnd could make heads or Tails of the story he'd given them. About his world, his gundam, his life story. it all seemed like something out of the overactive imagination of an Otaku.

He wasent sure howmuch time had passed after he had been brought onto the Motherwind, most of his personal items were confiscated, including his Lighter. laying around for what seemed like Days with an unlit Malboro Red hanging out of the corner of his lip.

He was starting to think again, about his past, his days as a blood covered Patriot lap dog and the faces of the innocent he had been forced to kill when he was a boy. Even Leia, his Queens parents.
Was it his fault? He didnt realy know, after all, back then he was a mindless soldier just following orders.

He wondered what they had done with his gundam. in the last 6 years only 3 people had ever been alowed to work on his Mobile suit. and he still didnt quite trust the other 2. to make maters worse, next to noone in his world understood Zero-Point energy, one mistake with that could easly devistate half the planet...

he rolled over, the cold metal of his Robotic left arm sending a chill up his back. "Just a bit longer till they let me out of here." he thought aloud.
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
Wingnut

What Kylern had told Bian for the most part was nothing he didn't already know.

"I can't say exactly why you weren't brought over until now as we don't entirely understand the system that brought you here to begin with. I too share a concern for those brought over from your world. They have the power to shape this world in any way they choose, and will no doubt be the key to ending this war which has gone on for too long already. However, as you say, they might not be the same person they were when they got here. War has a habit of doing that to people.

I am curious to know what makes you think that someone close to you has died. As far as we can tell, there are no other relatives of yours here. Who is it that you believe has been killed?"
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kylern

Kylern was slightly hesitant... This guys presence was something he hadn't accounted for. There was definatly a reason he had been able to lead a mass rebellion against the Federation in that anime. This man was something else and he didn't have to say much to get his point across. Finally he drew in a deep breath and then gave a sigh.

"This will sound odd but a Fandom officer named Kayla Ryder was shot by the Federation and I believe it has to do with the Federation order to eliminate Fandom newtypes (yes he doesn't know the whole story and assumes they killed her because of it)." He only knew about part of the order before coming over here and its details were foggy about it at best. The teleporter had affected his short term memory slightly.

"I just fear more individuals are at risk and we need to move in order to protect the targeted individuals. I think theres a list of names and locations in the Federation's hands of targets to either eliminate or control." He offered all he knew in hopes this man could ease his fears and give him somewhere to go. Kylern had always dreamed of being a hero and this was his chance to make a difference in someones life.