Phase 4: Don't Make A Right (14th)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Gambit01

Phase 4: Don't Make A Right (14th)

-Turkle-

As both sides retreated, Hiroshi pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Captain, the bridge is yours; see to it that all captains get their crews organized; I'm going to the boorish task of writing up the official report; when all is ready, set a course for Ptolemaeus Lunar Base."

With that, the Admiral set out for his rather unenviable task.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hanger

When Nakamura docked his suit, he clutched tightly at the controls, almost rabidly angry at his subordinates.

Ignoring orders, insubordination, indirect threats....

Needless to say, he was NOT a happy camper.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Captain's Cabin

He didn't even start on his report; no need to until all captains had sent their OWN reports to him on their crew and pilots' status and performance. He doubted that Captain Harken wouldn't notice, but the truth was he just wanted to be alone for a while.

Pulling out a case, it wasn't long before the somber tones of a cello echoed out of his cabin....
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Terrace

Terrace was still moping after being forced to retreat from the battle. His Dopplehorn Dagger L was being repaired from the damage it took from that GuAIZ R he had fought. He had no idea what Nakamura's mood would be, so he decided that at the first chance, he would explain himself to his team leader, and accept whatever punishment or praise he got.

To be honest, though, I'm more likely to be punished.
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Sume Gai

Turkle
-Bridge-

Harken waited for the admiral to leave before addressing the Bridge crew, who were all clearly exhausted.

"You all performed admirably out there but you still have room for a great deal of improvement" He paused to let his statement sink in before continuing "For now I'll leave XO Hayes in charge of the bridge; simply follow the admiral's orders for the time being. The night crew will relieve you in an hour and I order you to get some rest after they do."

With that done Harken turned and left. He was going to the Hanger deck; it may not have been proper, but, he wanted to see things for himself rather than read reports from everyone and their grandmother.

-Hanger Deck-

Harken enter and was saddened to see what he did. most of the machines were damaged, some badly so; in particular there was a machine with little more than it's torso remaining sitting strapped to the floor as it was stripped bare. Harken decided to start by talking to the team leaders from his own ship first.

Harken raised his voice and called out, still with a commanding tone "Nakamura, Santos I'd like to speak with each of you."
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
EZero8

--Turkle--
-Hangar-

Darrell wasn't satisfied with his outing at all. Despite their victory, his Dagger L wasn't in the best shape. Sure, minor cosmetic damage, but the perfectionist in him hated to see any scratches on his machine.

So when he climbed out of his suit and actually took a look at his machine, he dropped a loud F-bomb.

Needless to say, he was more concerned about his machine than the hot-tempered Japanese kid who happened to be his commanding officer. Punishment was sure to come for Darrell's various "violations of military conduct" or whatever they called it. It wasn't something Darrell was new to.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
SNT1

--Turkle--
--Hangar--

Mike Santos spent a few more moments in his cockpit, assessing everything he can in terms of his suit's damage. His Dagger's damaged leg is held by supports; can't risk the suit crashing to its knees. In hindsight, Mike thins he should have provided more cover fire for his team rather than playing with two or three other ZAFT units at the same time. He looks at some of the units in the hangar. His two team members went unscathed; the other trio has one unit with some hits. At least on Turkle's side, we didn't do too bad. Bah, I'm not good at this leader stuff...

His train of thought gets interrupted by Harken calling out. "And shat, I'm in trouble." With that, he follows the superior officer's lead. He gave some of the mechanics on the way out a tired slap on the back for a job well done anyways.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
ScornMandark

Turkle
MS Hangar

Stan and James touched down gently, lowering the broken hulk of what remained of Dalos' Dagger on the deck. Immediately, mechanics and medical crew swarmed over the suit. Stan watched, somewhat detached while he tried to grasp what all just happened. James leaned forward in his seat to get a better view of what was happening on the deck.

The mechanic team pulled the manual release on the cockpit hatch, venting the air in the cockpit as the door slid open. The medic team poked their heads into the doorway, silhouetted by the bright lights of the hangar ceiling.

"Still with us, Ensign? We're going to get you on this stretcher and off to Sick Bay straight off. Ready?"

While the medic team dealt with Dalos, Stan noticed Cpt. Harken talking to the other squad leaders. He decided he should at least report in to someone, so he opened his own cockpit hatch and decended the liftwire to the hangar deck. Briefly talking with one of the mechanics, explaining the situation, he headed off towards the Captain.

The mechanic brought over a mech-lift to support the Dagger, which was missing the lower half of its right leg. Fortunately, gravity wasn't a factor in the hangar, but ensuring the suit was well secured was always a top priority.

Seeing that he was involved with another conversation, he decided to wait until they were finished, although he did salute.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Wedge14

-Erin Bruist-
-Ms Hangar-

Erin kicked off her mobile suit. Apparently there was going to be a meeting with the team leaders or something. Thank god she had nothing to do with that. All she wanted to do right now was take a long shower. Glancing a bit further down she saw a medic crew removing someone from a mobile suit. No idea who the guy was.

It was either take the exit where near Harken was or go to where the medical team was. Making a swift decision she headed in the Captain's direction. Perhaps she might overhear something interesting as she sneaked by.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Gambit01

Nakamura was indeed about to T-off on Darrell when Harken's barking command echoed through the hanger. He didn't hesitate before floating over to the ship's captain and throwing him a snappy salute.

Nakamura rather liked Harken; from what limited time he had to spend with the older man, he seemed everything a proper officer should be like; smart, tactically brilliant, serious at all times, and distant for anything personal yet approachable for anything professional at the same time. He was glad command had enough sense to get someone like Harken to reign in his goofy uncle.

Even still, he knew that any ill actions from his subordinates reflected directly on him, and in his eagerness to get them back on track, Nakamura probably made some critical errors of his own. So he mentally prepared himself for the brow-beating he richly deserved.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Sume Gai

Turkle

with both of the people he wished to speak to now here Harken led them out of the hanger, through the pilots lounge and to an office like room he used for writing reports and other logistical business.

He paused at the door and said "Santos you wait here, Nakamura you'll go first."

He entered the office and offered Nakamura a chair before taking his own. looked straight at the young officer who he had to admit reminded him of himself from some time ago.

"Now then I'd like to hear your report on this engagement. How did your team preform? and What damages or injuries did they sustain?"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Kavik Ryx

Dalos was being carried to the infirmary on a stretcher, screaming in agony. One of his kneecaps has cracks, his face and body were covered in burns, and one his arms had multiple compound fractures. The medics were paying so much attention to these that no one had yet noticed a thick needle, piercing the vein of his less injured arm.
Gambit01

"My team?"

Nakamura thought about the most polite way to put it.

"Ensign Manosk received no injuries and performed...decently in light of his inexperience. His mobile suit suffered moderately high damage, though. As for Lt. Brent, his mobile suit has no significant damage at all, but he went out there like a half-cocked cowboy looking for a fight, breaking ranks and forcing me to do like-wise to save his life."
Sume Gai

"Very well Nakamura; Your team survived. For you that is a victory, even if it doesn't feel like one, keep that in mind. Now then unless you have something else to add; you are free to go. Order your men to get some food and rest in whichever order they see fit. We'll hold a fleet debriefing when we reach Ptolemaeus."

ScornMandark

Stan started fidgeting a little. He was really concerned about Dalos, as he was wheeled off to the infirmary. He looked like he was in pretty bad shape, and would probably be in surgery for a while. He saw the captain speak first to Nakamura and dismiss him, and now he wasn't sure what to do. Should he wait for the captain and report in as expected? or should he follow the crash-cart to medical and wait for him?

James had none of this indecision. "Lt, I'm heading to medical to keep an eye on the Ensign."

"Good, tell me immediately if anything changes. I'll wait here for the captain and report." Stan was relieved that James would be there to keep an eye on things.

James tossed off a salute and headed for the door, an uncharacteristically grim expression on his face.

Following the team down the hallway, he caught up to the medical team just as they entered the surgery area. Seeign that they were working hard already, James watched through the window as they worked on cleaning the wounds, pulling bone fragments out of his kneecap area, applying burn creams and dressings to his skin. He noticed a piece of shrapnel still in the Ensign's arm, but he assumed they would cut it off shortly.

Stan stood outside the meeting room, waiting for Capt. Harken to finish. While he was glad James could go keep an eye on the Ensign, he really wanted to get down to medical also. As acting squad leader, there were evidently a lot of things he needed to do.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Sume Gai

(OOC: gambit I'm guessing you have nothing to say so I'm bunnying Nakamura to get us moving again)

Turkle
-Captian's "Office"-

Nakamura rose and carried out the required Salutes before turning and leaving. As Nakamura left Harken called

"Santos; you're next. Come in"

SNT1

Mike walks in with no apparent facial expression. In his right hand was a report.... or was it? It was a folder with no papers. Mike was going to go do the drab stuff when he was summoned. But if he isn't in trouble, then he might have to not do a written essay on what happened.

Mike salutes (with some lack of enthusiasm) the superior officer.

(OOC- still in vacation - 9 more days - responses might still be slow)
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Sume Gai

Turkle
-Captain's "office"-

Harlen observed that Santos seemed rather unenthusiastic but he wasn't about to chew him out for it not after what had happened.

"very well Santos, I want to hear from you what happened out there; How did your team perform and what were the damages or injuries?"

SNT1

"Ahem, sir."

After the salute, Mike starts to scratch his head... "We was doing good and all, uhh, I got hit in the leg because they did not like me, they had like four mobs on me, uhhh, Junior Grade Potzc----Jerzy got a clean shot, uh didn't have the time to confirm if it was s splash one, uhh, ZAFT kept sending and refreshing units, uhh some of them de-limbed already, uhh, Ensign Erin Bruist did well fending off other ZAFTs and uhhh covering the other teams," he says as if he's wandering off.

"Apologies for horrible grammar, sir!" Mike then says straight up after the 'report,' and summarizing, "My team was in short fine, with minimal damages as a group, despite having 2 minutes worth of war games together, sir!"
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Terrace

Turkle
-Pilot's Quarters-

Terrace entered his berth on the Turkle ready to call it a day. However, he was not ready to go to sleep. He decided to a recently purchased history book to pass the time.

His reading continued for half an hour before he fell asleep.
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Sume Gai

Turkle
-captain's "office"-'

"very well Santos you are dismissed make sure your team gets some rest and be ready for the full debriefing when we return to base"

ScornMandark

James continued watching the medical team work. They had been working tirelessly for some time now, and they showed no signs of slowing down. He felt sorry for the kid, he was in a bad way. The doctor had finished prepping his arm for pinning, since it was too shattered to just put into a cast. The medics had applied some sort of burn spray to the worst of the areas; probably a topical anesthetic and dermal regenerator. Not that it would help all that much, but every little bit helped at this point. The aide staff had changed all the bandages twice now. The doctor made some motion to the shrapnel in Ensign Dalos' arm, but James couldn't quite make out what was being said.

He was morbidly fascinated by the display in front of him. He had always been trained to believe that MS pilots never got hurt, they just lived or died. The suit takes the hits, and if you make it back you'll be fine. If you don't, well, you won't have much to worry about anyways. This display of gruesome pain and anguish was shocking to his system, to say the least. He would have a lot to think about when this was over.

He remained, watching.

----------------

Stan stood outside of Harken's "office," catching a few bits of conversation with the other squad leaders. Seems like they fared reasonably well, damaged suits and a few scrapes.

He flagged down a passing mechanic. "Hey, how soon can we tow our suits back to the Mancini?" Not that he was leaving without Dalos, he was just finding out the status of his suits.

He wasn't leaving this ship until either the ensign was released to the Mancini's med bay or the captain physically threw them off.