The end of the DCAU

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.

What was your favorite DCAU show?

Batman
42%
Superman
4%
Batman Beyond
8%
The Zeta Project
4%
Static Shock
15%
Justice League
27%

Total votes: 26
Anonymous

The end of the DCAU

The last episode of Justice League Unlimited aired February 18, ending the continuity of shows begun with Batman: The Animated Series in 1992.
The DC Animated Universe is over! I don't know if anyone else here was a fan, but for me this is a big deal. It went on for so long, it felt like it would never end. I loved Batman, Batman Beyond, and Justice League. I never really saw why people didn't like JLU, personally I thought it was great. They knew it would be the last show, so they had lots of heroes animated. I probably should've given Superman more of a chance, too (although I didn't really like Static Shock at all). Well, at least I'll still have the memories...and box sets :D .
HiZaku

DCAU is over? As in permenantly? Wow, it's about time. In my oppion, the whole thing went down hill with Battman Beyond. I never really got into the newer shows, somehow the lacked something that Batman and Superman had. Well, goodbye DCAU.
DEARKA: (Interrupts with a laugh) Calm down, Yzak.
YZAK: (Angry) That’s what you always **** say!
DEARKA: (Laughs) I guess I do always say that.
Vega Vaikyuko

I liked Batman: The Animated Series and Batman Beyond a lot, but aside from that, it was just okay (some of the Superman episodes were worth watching, but it still seemed meh). In any case, I'm glad it's finally over. I disliked Justice League after the first half or so, and JLU seemed even worse.
toysdream wrote:...any wave with a frequency between 1 and 300 GHz could fit this loose definition, whether it's a wave of light or sound or, I dunno, chocolate.
Anonymous

And with the end of the DCAU, ends a chapter in American animation. I really doubt if the US will ever do something as good as that again. I enjoyed JLU more than 99% of new anime. Looking at current and upcoming shows it looks like they're taking a step backwards. Pity...
ZeonfromHell

Awww! No more animated DC shows?! That sucks!

I must say I really liked Batman: The Animated Series. There were so many aspects that maade that show great. The vioce acting was the best though. Batman really, really sounded like a mean, tough bad ass. And since it was animated, they had almost no limitations in illustrating battles. Very cool. And Superman was good too, though it could have been better. The Justice League was also fantastic.

Hopefully in the later generations they will overturn this ruling and make animated shows again. It would be really cool for our children to watch the Man of Steel beating the snot out of Lex Luthor, and then saying to our kids "I remember when I was ten years old and watched Superman on Saturday mornings."

God Bless America!
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
kfrooster

So with Justice League Unlimitied finishing up last year, there won't be anymore Justice League? Nooo... the last thing I remember is Lex Luthor teaming up with Darkseid and disappearing. It seems so unfinished in retrospect. But all the shows you listed were great to watch as a kid and eve up till now.

Currently own Batman Beyond Seasons 1 and 2 as well as Justice League Season 1 and 2.
solid snake

Well maybe if DVD sales are strong enough they'll bring back one of those series. I like Superman the best personally, followed by Batman Beyond, Justice League, and Batman. Didn't really care for the other two.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.