Gundam Wing: Phoenix

Your own tale of two mecha.
Delta Knight

Gundam Wing: Phoenix

Wait! Don't be afraid! It's not yaoi! Come back!

*ahem*

Here are the two prologues to an experimental Gundam Wing fanfic I wrote a few months ago called Phoenix. I'm thinking of posting it on fanfiction.net once I write some more chapters. Tell me what you think.

ガンダムW: Phoenix

By: Delta Knight

Prologue I: Survival

“I will survive!”

Those words rang out in Milliardo’s head. In his dazed state, the sentence was the only thing he was sure of. Not just the words, but also their meaning. The words were not his—quite the contrary. They belonged to his rival. But they would have sounded more appropriate coming from his mouth at the moment. His mobile suit, Epyon, had miraculously remained operational after a brutal blast from Wing Zero’s Buster Rifle, though it had sustained heavy damage. He was fortunate enough to have been on the other side of the fragment of Libra at the time. Now he had to reenter Earth’s atmosphere, the nearest location with breathable atmosphere. The colonies were out of reach, as he had used up nearly all of his fuel in battle.

All but the rear one-eighth of the Libra block had been vaporized by the Buster Rifle, so he could not use it as a heat shield for the entire reentry. Milliardo stayed in the remaining fraction of the block until it was burnt up, and then began to continuously fire Epyon’s thrusters downward, slowing his descent. He noticed that he was right above the Kamchatka peninsula in eastern Siberia, where Libra’s block had been estimated to strike the Earth.

He had barely enough fuel to slow his descent enough so that he didn’t burn up, so he would just land wherever he was going to land. When he touched down, he was on the side of an icy mountain. He looked around, and saw a large crevice. He rather clumsily piloted the battered Epyon into the fissure, intending it to serve as a hiding spot. However, it was too easily spotted by satellites and colonies, so he used the whip to cause an avalanche of rocks and snow to collapse onto Epyon. He knew that they could not damage Epyon’s armor, despite the fact that it was already in terrible condition from the Buster Rifle and the reentry. Epyon’s armor was charred, dented, and, in some places, cracked or missing. Then, as a way out, he punctured a small tunnel in the rocks with the beam sabre. He got out of the cockpit, crawled out through the tunnel, and made his way to the small coastal town he had seen earlier.

The walk would take him days possibly even weeks, but at least he was alive. After that, he intended to find his way back to civilization.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ten days later…

Milliardo finally arrived at the village on the eastern coast of the peninsula. He walked, dazed and hungry, (though not thirsty, as he had eaten snow to satisfy his thirst) to a nearby motel, bought himself a room with colonies money, which was generously accepted, went to his room and plopped himself down on the bed.

When Milliardo woke up, his head and stomach cried out in pain and hunger, respectively.

Ugh, where am I, how did I get here, and why can’t I remember anything since Wing Zero destroyed the Libra block? Milliardo never found an answer to any of those questions, nor did he ever remember that lapse of time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue II: Just In Case

January, AC 197…

Mariemaia’s uprising had failed and was over. People all over the Earth Sphere had considered it to be war’s last chance to exist among the human race. All across the Sphere, weapons were being thrown out, nations were demilitarizing, and even the five Gundam pilots had destroyed their Gundams, lest they ever pose a threat to peace. Much as Milliardo wished this peace to last forever, he wasn’t so naïve to believe that destruction of mobile suits would in the long run prove beneficial. There was still a long road ahead for humanity, plenty of time for a new threat to peace to manifest itself, either from within the human race, or from outside.

Most people scoffed at the second idea, and even at the first, though with slightly less disbelief. Milliardo admitted to himself that neither was very likely, but precautions had to be taken. So, he flew Tallgeese III over to Lake Victoria in east Africa. He didn’t want to attract attention, so he flew at about 50,000 feet, too high for someone to see a mobile suit with the naked eye, and no one would be paying attention to military-power radar in a time of peace.

Milliardo left the apartment he was sharing with Noin in Tallgeese III. He flew down near the center of Africa’s largest lake, far too distant from the shores for anyone to notice, and plunged into the depths of the lake. After identifying a large niche in the lakebed, he repeated the procedure he had used to hide Epyon—though he still didn’t remember the event—and, using the SCUBA gear he had brought with him, swam to the southern shore of the lake, and walked onto a beach in the Earth Sphere’s province of Tanzania

I doubt that the destructive power of the Tallgeese will ever be needed again, Milliardo thought, but if it is needed, someday, it will be here.

Just in case.

If I get positive feedback to this, I'll write some more of it soon. However, if I get little or no responses, it doesn't matter. I'll just hold off on writing this until I finish the other two 70,000 word fics I'm working on, each of which is at roughly 20,000 words. That will take quite some time. So share your thoughts.
'Dustin'

A Gundam Wing fanfic featuring Milliardo? I'm looking forward to it. <:
Cel Chad

Hey, I absolutely loved the background (and, to tell the truth, the intro, heheheh, damn hilarious).
You should keep on posting some small chapters like these, just to keep us entertained, although you should pay a little more attention to some descriptions, not that they're bad, but I'm sure you can do it right, and believe me, It would turn delicious!
Keep on Rockin'!
I'm the last man that likes the happy endings, Tim.
Delta Knight

I probably should have mentioned that I'm a painfully slow writer...
"You spoony bard!"
-Sage Telah in Final Fantasy IV.
Cel Chad

It's ok, we'll be waiting for you to continue.
I'm the last man that likes the happy endings, Tim.
Delta Knight

You'll be waiting a long time. As in longer than Aeolia Schenberg's lifespan. Just warning you.
"You spoony bard!"
-Sage Telah in Final Fantasy IV.
TheLegendkiller

This sounds like it'll be cool as hell so get on writing more.
Evil Unleashed<The Legendkiller