MAHQ gaming clan?

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Scyron

Jak Stoller wrote:In CoD4 you realy need to play headquarters for kills (not captures) with a good balanced team to get some healthy Exp (I usually get around 800 to 1200 exp before challanges roll in), if you play the game with a head on your shoulders it's easy to walk through a prestige every four to five days.

When I come off vacation (30 days of leave, thank the lord) I'll see if I can talk my clan (Oryx) into helping out. I already play with Guyver and a few others.

--Jak

I played with you on containers once, not sure if it was a private game but that was the first time I played that stage. It was fun even though I think I only played that map with you. I think I saw Guyver in one game too when I was playing with my regular goon squad.

Don't be afraid to invite me or message me when I am playing assassins creed or oblivion, I tend to play them till I am able to get in on halo3 or cod4 action.
Mwulf

How many of you guys are playing COD4 w/ the clan?

I just played a couple games. I'm not on very often, but I think I'm gonna hafta figure out how to mute other players before I play any more. And maybe level up some more. Almost every time I die--where I see how I'm killed--it's always some redsight rifle, and it only takes a shot or two.

Or maybe I should hook up a mouse and keyboard.

Anyway, it was fun.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Wedge14

You're prolly getting M16'd.

With stopping power it pretty much takes one solid burst to drop anyone.
I've played online for like 19 hours i think..and i'm lvl 41. (keep in mind this is my first fps since dukenukem3d). I'll play a few games with you sometime.

And i have a mouse and board for mine. I don't think COD4 supports it on ps3. (it be pretty unfair if they did.)
Last edited by Wedge14 on Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Chris
Administrator

Mwulf wrote:How many of you guys are playing COD4 w/ the clan?

I just played a couple games. I'm not on very often, but I think I'm gonna hafta figure out how to mute other players before I play any more. And maybe level up some more. Almost every time I die--where I see how I'm killed--it's always some redsight rifle, and it only takes a shot or two.

Or maybe I should hook up a mouse and keyboard.

Anyway, it was fun.
One of the most important things about surviving in COD4 is to effectively use cover. You want to limit your time in open spaces and use buildings to your advantage as much as possible. Crouching around doors and inside buildings can also help because it makes you harder to shoot. As far as leveling up, I would recommend for now you stick with Domination since you're at a low level. You only get 5 points per kill, but you get 15 points per flag capture. I'd also recommend you examine what Challenges are available to you now and actively try to complete them, as they can get you lots of XP. I play almost every night, so you can usually find me like last night.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
G.Squirrel

If anyone is interested, I have COD 1, COD UO, COD 2, Battlefield Vietnam, Counter Strike Source, Halo (1), and the Orange Box if anyone is interested in FPS PC games.

VR7, I sent you a pm about TF 2.
thehod

I would love to join the clan but I dont have a PS3 yet. Please if you do expand into other games please let us know.
solid snake

New updates are now up for the Xbox 360 version of COD4.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
goufx

hey chris, please do not forget about computer gamers, like me. sure, i am up to date on the releases of next gen stuff, but i do not have a job, so i have a kick LA-LI-LU-LE-LO dual core and a ps2, but i am mainly pc. please do not forget about us. i will help you out if you decide to make a mahq console and pc gaming clan, i will ally my clan with yours and spread as many good things as possible to help. k?

mod edit: please do not circumvent the swear filter plzkthx, we have it for a reason and circumventing it makes our work harder than you think
Neue Ziel

COD4 [360] Lv 12 5th Prestiege

Gamertag> Panzerkroc

I only play Hardcore Search or TD.Everything else is unblanced and filled with P-90s and M-16s with Juggernaut......

I'm in "Kng6" and "Guch" but I'll join MAHQ
I'm back.
goufx

i play many things. on COD4, name is goufx, on most other things, my name will either be wingzero, wing zero, maybe savior. most of my names will include the tag :EpyonL: (:Epyon: Empire's leader is what it means :twisted:). if i have already said this, sorry :) .
Albireo_818

Well, if you guys want to play with me on 360 Halo 3, COD 4, Frontlines or R6 Vegas 2, i'd be happy to. I am on holidays right now, so i should be on fairly often.

Gamertag: Potatomasher117 :lol:

Yeah. i'll play with you MAHQ boys. me and my clan... :twisted:
Call me Albireo or Al, without the _818
"A Clever person solves the problem. The wise person avoids it!"-Albert Einstein
Zeonic Glory

I'm at level 26 so far, and I've added the MAHQ clan tag. Feel free to drop me a line (gamertag is the same as my name here). I'm also up for Halo 3 and I might get Frontline soon.

edit: I usually play on weekends, and I also have a vacation this week, so I'll be up for some CoD4 games.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
VR7

I now has an PS3.

If you guys want to run MAHQ gatherings for Armored Core 4 (I have 300 FRS points :D) and later on MGS4, I'm game. My PSN name is NoelShourai.
-noel
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Jesus, how did you manage that? I got my ps3 about a week before you, too.... -_________-

I guess it's because I've been working on DMC more.

I'm still working on my FRS points (I feel like I'm just doing terribly), and I'll join in as soon as I have enough practice with my machineguns.

PSN "seraphiczero," I think. o__o

We should form a firing squad of mechatalk machinegunning ACs and just dissolve a few people, haha.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
WhiteWingDemon

Any PC version of this clan?
Perhaps one on Xfire?
I mainly play Call of Duty 1, Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, and Gunz: The Duel
VR7

Seraphic wrote:Jesus, how did you manage that? I got my ps3 about a week before you, too.... -_________-
Because Armored Core 4 is great. :P

Many of the missions in hard mode feature even more encounters with enemy Nexts. Bring MADNESS-XA weapon arms, they're perfect for these particular encounters, especially if you need to save time for S-ranks. They only come with four shots, but with the exception of Marche Au Supplice, you only have to worry about two Nexts at most. Don't forget to carry a Sirius cannon as a backup weapon.

Madness arms can be unlocked by clearing Marche Au Supplice on hard. A good idea is to build a 049AN with aerial capability and have it hide in the map limit corners with an Ogoto cannon, dual sniper rifles and maybe some backup laser blades. Stay at high altitude and take pot shots at the Nexts as they come to you--usually because you're hiding in the map limit area, only one at a time will come to you. Use Ogoto whenever you're guaranteed a perfect hit. (i.e. they are on the ground and at a perfect firing angle)

But for the most part, I referred to this site for a general idea of what weapons to bring to missions and what to do.

Note though, you can still get S ranks on some missions like Marche Au Supplice and Seed A Barren Earth without having to use Madness arms.

Our squad of Mechatalk ACs should consist of more than a bunch of machinegunning ACs. (I use a machinegun/laser blade AC) I say we include a variety of roles ranging from missile boats to Kojima snipers, they'd work wonders in team vs team matches.
-noel
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Yeah, I got the madness arms a few days ago. I don't like them too much because I tend to miss a lot. >_> Dual Sirius cannons are heavy, but they can usually take out an AC in two volleys, and you've got 24 shots compared to the 4 (technically 2) for madness. That's what I used to beat Marche au Supplice. I have about half the missions left to S rank.

And I'm not completely serious about having a machinegun only squad. I only wanted to see how well our opponents could handle taking fire from four pairs of motorcobras simultaneously. =D

It took me three days to S rank the first mission which was completely ridiculous. In one instance, I ran in with dual moonlights and came out with only 2000 damage but still got an A. How sick is that? I couldn't S rank it until I tried fromac's method. =/

Anyway, I just felt like getting that off my chest. See you guys out there. @,@
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
VR7

The other team would probably laugh and then use aerial snipers to floor us. :P Machinegun ACs can have aerial capability, but it'll be lacking compared to a mid or long range AC due to machinegun EN requirements.

Usually I don't recommend bringing twice of the same weapon. With my main AC, I bring a Zakajj on the left arm, which is perfect for PA busting and extra extreme close-in damage. The Motorcobra is great because it can be used at mid range like a rifle, but two of them or a Motorcobra by itself won't be able to pierce primal armor that well, let alone do reasonable amounts of damage per second.

Unless, of course, we bring one guy with PA busting equipment...
-noel
velocity7

Do we have a MGO clan starting here or anything?

If not, is anyone planning to start one? Or should I start it?
goufx

just got DMC 4 for the pc, an' supprisingly, they did one heck of a job. they give you the choice to either have a slower combat mode or faster one, they controls are a little bit weird, but easy to get used to. if you want me to give a full explanation about what i thought of this game, just pm me.