Listener Participation - Ep. 013 - The 00 Halftime Report!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
thehod

Second Stringer
Best: Sumeragi (she makes busty female captains proud)
Worst: Lousie (annoying)

Best Episode
Episode 23: the emotional loss of lockon

Best Fight
Episode 23: Lockon vs Ali. It was epic.

Best Team
The Union of Solar Energy and Free Nations (Union Represent)

Best Coach
Graham Aker (he kept to his ideals of using a flag)

Miss Macross Award
Sumeragi (drinking on the job and those possiable Alleujah x Sumeragi )

Red/Yellow Card Award
Best: Lockon
Worst: Joshua (this guy went down faster than Denim from MSG)

Best/Worst Mobile Suit
Celestia Being
Best: 0 Gundam (throwback to the origional)
Worst: Gundam Throne Drei

Union
Best: GN Flag (souped up madness)
Worst: Shell Flag (boring)

AEU
Best: AEU Enact Ali Al-Saachez Custom
Worst: Hellion

HRL
Best: Tieran commander type
Worst: Tieran Long Range Cannon Type

Misc
Best: Alvadore Super GM
Worst: Anf

Best: Union Flag Ghraham Aker Custom
Worst: Hellion

The Aznable Trophy/Mesa Medal
Best: Ali Al-Saachez (this guy is someone you love to hate and even hate to love)
Worst: Patrick Colasour (he is mostly useless and moreso lucky to be alive)
NeoStar9

Sorry about that. I fixed my mobile suit picks.
mutantshark

Best "Second Stringer": Aeolia Schenberg. Who is this guy?

Worst "Second Stringer": Lichtendahl Tsery. Interesting for the part when he died and the way his suit ripped it looked a bit like he was a robot underneath, but of course then normal not-really-caring-about-some-guy-on-the-bridge service resumed.

Best Episode: 13 - The Return of a Saint. I’m not sure, just something about Setsuna and Graham meeting face to face and also that last scene marked the turning-point where I thought ‘ok - this show is officially getting good now’.

Best "Skirmish": Episode 18 - Graham vs. Johann. Short but sweet. Johann’s button-bashing turkey shoot is rudely interrupted and Graham cleaves himself a gundam’s arm, with its own saber no less.

Best "Team": The Union of Solar Energy and Free Nations. Coolest looking/best performing grunt suits, nice uniforms, oh and most racially diverse (token black guys).

Best "Coach": Sergei Smirnov. He has a scar, so you know he’s good.

"Miss Macross Award": Feldt Grace. Not really my department, but she had her moments.

-Red Card: Aeolia Schenberg. So getting shot through a glass coffin wasn’t that spectacular. But unleashing the Trans Am definitely was.

-Yellow Card: - Joshua. He dislikes Graham. He dies.

Best Mobile Suit: SVMS-01E Union Flag Graham Aker Custom. I like it very much. Preferred over the overflag because its rifle looks cooler/better proportioned IMO.

Worst Mobile Suit: MSJ-06II-SP Tieren Taozi. Pink. Its pink. I know there’s a loli at the controls but the thing is pink.

-"The Char": Graham Aker. Do I really need to explain?

-"The Jerid": Michael Trinity. Talks the foul-mouthed talk but severely lacking in the piloting department. And he stole the Dalek’s catch-phrase.
Where's the passion, where's the lump in my throat?
Thundermuffin

Re: Listener Participation - Ep. 013 - The 00 Halftime Repor

Best / Worst "Second Stringer" - (Supporting Character - The Sai Argyle / Kuzzey Buzzkirk Award")
* List only one choice for Best and only one for Worst from the characters listed below:

WORST- Saji Crossroad (Early Saji annoys the crap out of me. Later Saji...makes me feel bad but still annoys the crap out of me.)

BEST- Ian Vasti (I dunno why, but I find him funny.)

Best Episode
- Ep 23. Sniff...sniff...Lockon goes all "Code of Hero"...and Trans-Am-arama was awesome.

Best "Skirmish" (Battle/Fight - "The Undefeated of the East Award")
- Ali VS Setsuna, ep 22. Ali SO had a booty-kicking coming.

Best "Team" (Government/Organization - The "Londo Bell" Award)
* List only one choice for Best candidate listed below:

- Human Reform League- no two ways around it, with Sergei and Soma, they got stuff DONE.

Best "Coach" (Commanding Officer - "The Bright Noa Award")

- Sumeragi Lee Noriega- Hey, she was drunk half the time and still got CB to last for 25 episodes. That's talent right there.

"Miss Macross Award" (Best Fan Service)
* List only one choice for the candidate below with the best fan-service this season:

-Nena Trinity- Sure, there was all that MURDER and stuff...but...bubbly goes a long way...

"Red / Yellow Card Award" (Best / Worst Character Demise)
* List only one choice for Best (Red Card) and only one for Worst (Yellow Card) from the "benched" candidates listed below:

WORST- Dr. Moreno- "Hey, remember that guy we officially met like...an episode or two ago? He's dead". "Oh...huh."

BEST- Lockon Stratos- Although we know now he didn't really get his revenge technically...he went down fighting for what he believed in.

Best / Worst Mobile Suit
* List only one for Best and only one for Worst from the Mobile Suits listed below:

BEST- SVMS-01O Over Flag I like the design. And Graham just MAKES it cool.

WORST- MSJ-06II-A Tieren Ground Type Ugly as sin. They all are, but this is the base.

"The Aznable Trophy" / "The Messa Medal" (Most Valuable Pilot / Least Valuable Pilot)
* List only one choice for Best ("The Char") and only one for Worst ("The Jerid") from the pilots listed below:

The CHAR- Graham Aker- Uh...can't even make a joke here...

The JERID- Tieria Erde- Being Jerid was Patrick's JOB and Joshua's aspiration...but Tieria never really showed me anything other than beam-spam. He definitely seemed the least skilled overall...
Destiny_Gundam

I knew a lot of people would pick Lockon's death as the best, so I feel I need to say why I didn't choose it.

I'd have to say it's because it was brought on by Lockon's stupidity (but not in a funny way). Instead of wasting time monolouging, he should have 'swam' (I guess that'd be the word) away before the thing exploded. Why the thing let him monolouge before it exploded was equally dumb (and cliche). I would have liked it better if Lockon died immediately when Ali shot the cannon.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Strike Zero

Destiny_Gundam wrote: I'd have to say it's because it was brought on by Lockon's stupidity (but not in a funny way). Instead of wasting time monolouging, he should have 'swam' (I guess that'd be the word) away before the thing exploded.
Oh, right, just because it's so easy to "swim" your way through the vacuum of space. :roll:
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Destiny_Gundam

Strike Zero wrote:Oh, right, just because it's so easy to "swim" your way through the vacuum of space. :roll:
Sure, why not.

Ok, so a not as stupid sounding complaint: He had a vernier with him. He should have used that.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Areku

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Ok, so a not as stupid sounding complaint: He had a vernier with him. He should have used that.
It could be argued that due to his previous injuries and any he might have received from the first part of the explosion (even though we didn't see any), Lockon knew he was going to die very soon anyway. (I will agree that the scene would have made more sense if they'd shown a little blood inside the helmet and maybe a stain showing through his suit) But that's all I'm going to say, as I think this is getting off topic.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Here are my votes:

Halftime Awards

Best / Worst "Second Stringer" - (Supporting Character - The Sai Argyle / Kuzzey Buzzkirk Award")

(Best) Feldt Grace

(Worst) Wang Liu Mei

Best Episode

Harlockon vs. Ali

- Human Reform League

- Sumeragi Lee Noriega

- Sumeragi Lee Noriega

- Lockon Stratos

Best / Worst Mobile Suit

(Best) GN-001 Gundam Exia

(Worst) AEU-05 AEU Hellion

"The Aznable Trophy" / "The Messa Medal" (Most Valuable Pilot / Least Valuable Pilot)

(Messa) Patrick Colasour
(Aznable) Lockon Stratos

[/b]
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Flame-X

Re: Listener Participation - Ep. 013 - The 00 Halftime Repor

* List only one choice for Best and only one for Worst from the characters listed below:

Worst - Louise Halevy
Best - Sumeragi Lee Noriega

Best Episode

Dynames vs Zwei in ep 23

Best - Celestial Being

- Sumeragi Lee Noriega

* List only one choice for the candidate below with the best fan-service this season:

- Sumeragi Lee Noriega

* List only one choice for Best (Red Card) and only one for Worst (Yellow Card) from the "benched" candidates listed below:

Worst - Aeolia Schenberg
Best - Lockon Stratos

Best / Worst Mobile Suit
* List only one for Best and only one for Worst from the Mobile Suits listed below:

Best - GN-001 Gundam Exia
Worst - MSER-04 Anf

* List only one choice for Best ("The Char") and only one for Worst ("The Jerid") from the pilots listed below:

Least - Allelujah Haptism
Most - Setsuna F. Seiei
The Loser Villain

BEST: Feldt Grace (here's hoping we find out more about her and her parents in season 2

WORST: Dr. Moreno (The Doctor is out)

Best Episode

Episode 23 (Lockon, Lockon, Lockon)

Harlockon vs. Prince Ali (Awesome fight that involves Gundam's time honored tradition of Revenge)

The Union of Solar Energy and Free Nations (Best Grunt MS, Great characters and I gotta rep the Union)

[u]Best "Coach" (Commanding Officer - "The Bright Noa Award")[/u]

Sergei Smirnov (Wasn't an easy choice, but in the end he wins for being level headed and having a baddass scar)

Sumeragi Lee Noriega (Yay for hot drunken commanders)

Red Card: HOWARD MASOOOOOOOON!!! (Gundam, you rub my face in the dirt)

Yellow Card: Joshua ("I got this! HUH!"*BOOM*)

p.s.: I think Ming should be on there, since he got all burnt and melty.

Best / Worst Mobile Suit

BEST: SVMS-01O Over Flag (FLAG FIGHTERS!!!!)

WORST: Agrissa (CRAB BATTLE!!!!)

THE CHAR: Graham Aker (Stuck to his word and took down a Gundam. Every time he went up against a Gundam he stood his ground, but also knew when he was defeated.)

THE JERID: Alejandro Corner (would have picked Patrick, but he's still alive. And since Jerid is a KIA, I figured that into my choice. As for Goldmember, all he did was fire his weapons, make a speech and fire some more. No skill involved.)
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Chris
Administrator

Sorry guys, but you're too late. We already recorded the episode more than a week ago.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his