Episode 16 - Repercussions [TE]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Xvlai

- Alexandria-class Kirov -
- Main Bridge -

"I can tell you that the family destiny is drawing near. I can feel it. I know now it will happen in our lifetime. Certainly you know I wouldn't have called upon you unless I was sure the day of reckoning was imminent. I'm sure you've felt it yourself, knowing what Jamitov and Om have been up to in the past month. The ground upon which they stand is shakier than ever, and soon we will be ready."

So, that was it. A silent sigh passed from Sven’s lips. It was if a sudden weight had been removed from his shoulders. That was it. If he had been in a more private setting then the ships bridge he would have even let a smile slip onto his face. The sheer magnitude of the Elder Wolf’s words overrode Sven’s urge to spit bile at the name of Bask Om and Admiral Jamitov. It was near, and he might be able to live to see it coming, if not be able to directly bring it into fruition. Sven did not know what would be required of him but he knew when the time arrived what needed to be done would get done so long as he held breath.

“Sir, as you command so do I obey.”

They were redundant words at best, clearly the man knew this otherwise he would not be here. But in a situation like this Sven felt it best to again give his allegiance. A hard life had taught Sven to finish business first before savoring the sweetness of success. Before he could be side tasked Sven set his mind on the here and now.

“Sir, as always it is an Honor to serve. But before we celebrate, the past has taught us we must fight for our Destiny. I ask your permission to leave and see to my flights business. A man cannot fight properly if he does not know the comrades he fights with”

It is near.
RGM-79 GM

"I'm just used to it sir." Shin looks at the MS after hearing what Gilliarme said and shrugs. "I guess we will find out how good or bad they are soon. Unless we won't be getting into a battle for awhile."
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
ORegan

3 hours ago

Patrick let out a small "hmpfh" as air escaped his large powerful lungs and out his mouth. He was about to answer the question of why he's still bothering him, but there was no time. The time it took him to think was interrupted by Picard ordering Patrick and two people he never met to check out the loud noise.

Miller saluted his 'Commander' and made for the hangar. In an unsurprising fashion, this including bumping into many walls due to his....lacking elegance. This almost assured that he was the last to get on the scene. He looked at Varis as he was next to a HiZack machine gun. The sight gave him a flashback. Everything was black and white. Patrick was leading his squad in a practice fire fight against an apposing squad. Standard capture the flag game.

Most of his men were shot out of action, and were forced to quit the fight. Miller and his remaining men had to capture the enemy flag themselves, but were out manned. Loud gunshots were heard, and Patrick fell to the ground hard, with his face in mud. Patrick's head started to throb, and he let out a small yell while holding his head.

Needless to say, it made a small scene, but didn't do much to distract everyone from the current injury. As Varis was taken away by the medics, Patrick looked, almost dazed, and then walked away.

Nowish

Patrick randomly wandered around the Buxoro. It was exactly like the Hades, and he couldn't really tell the difference...not that he remembered the Hades too well anyways. After some hulking around, he found Miller in a room. No doubt the Commander had heard the news about Varis, but Patrick still felt the duty was his to report it...as it was commanded of him. He gave a quick salute before speaking.

"Sir, um...Ensign..No-talky was injred by a Billy's gun"

*Remember that Patrick calls the HiZacks "Hi Billys"*
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Montague

- Salamis Kai-class Buxoro -
- Main Bridge/Quarter/Hangar -

The browned haired man lowered his salute as he gave a slight laugh to his superior's last statement. He was of course in absolute agreement, "I can hardly think of a time when such flair is necessary." Although Elijah knew full well that certain situations called for such though he was yet to encounter one. The Lieutenant gave a final salute, though hardly an improvement over his first. Just leaving the bridge he loudly spoke, "Its very appreciated that you got me off of that dieing rock, though I don't mind protecting it."

Taking hold of the handle, the Longbowmen's motions already adapting to the 'environment', the Lieutenant sped across the main passage until he reached the Ensign's former quarter. Passing through the doorway he was pleased to find that everything was in order. Jet lagged from the journey Elijah simply placed his satchel on the bed eager to complete the process as he once more left in search of the Lieutenant Kamek, though had heard the name M-Hover tossed around more often.

Having been led into the hangar a second time Robin found the Lieutenant. Standing in his drift he came to a halt as he called out to Picard, though he looked rather busy with the recent incident, "Lieutenant Kamek," he waited a moment for the man to turn before he approached him, "Lieutenant Elijah Robin, of course I'm here as the Ensign's replacement. The salute was his common style, dropping his hand from the pose it fell into his pocket as he pulled out the paperwork Winter had advised him to bring. He held out his arm offering the paper to what would soon become his commanding officer.
"I came to laugh at you."
~ - Quattro Bajeena - ~
Cardi Doorl

- Main Bridge -

Gustaf, your son is more prepared than I had imagined.

"Entirely true. We are only strong if we know our family and comrades."

The Commodore stepped back to address both Sven and Wolf. "Dismissed, both of you."

- Corridor, Near Pilot Quarters -

Leandro slid through the corridors of the Kirov, on his way to his quarters. It took him some time, but he eventually found himself aware of someone on a gripper a short distance behind him. Twisting about, he saw it was a face he'd never seen before; tall, for a woman, and beautiful in a way that was somehow familiar to Leandro.

But what was really interesting was that her uniform decals made it clear she was a pilot. Leandro knew the fight in the shoals over a month ago had left gaping holes in some of the Kirov teams, including his own Alpha Team, so no doubt this woman's appearance meant they were finally getting replacements. This woman could even be the new pilot for Alpha Team, to fill in the vacant slot Mercedes left behind.

With that in mind, Leandro, still clutching the moving gripper, turned to face the woman and called out, "Hey, mujere, you new around here?"

- Corridor, Near Infirmary -

Trent gritted his teeth at the man in front of him. "No, Nick," he sighed, "On the one hand, I suppose you can't. But now what can you do about it? It's been over a month since we engaged Carl Abbey's men in the shoals. The odds that we'll ever run into that particular unit ever again are extremely small, and even then there's no telling if Celeine will still be held aboard their ship."

Really, Trent wondered, what could be done? Nothing, he concluded, except let the war take its course. What Nick wanted was not meant to be.

"Now, I want you to stop staggering around like this and get some rest. I need you in one piece and ready to fly when we set out."

Trent took hold of a passing gripper. As he was pulled away he intoned, "Those are orders from me, Nick. You're not dying under my watch."
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
jim98

-Salamis-Kai Class Buxoro-
-Pilot's Quarters-
-3 hours later-

Warren had just finished unpacking his things. His room onboard the Buxoro was the same as every room he had lived in over the course of his life-a model of efficiency and order. All of his possessions were categorized, alphabetized, and exactly where they were supposed to be according to regulations and his own exacting standards. If there was anything the young ensign desired more than anything else, it was order. So little in life was under your control, he reasoned, so why squander that control by being disorderly?

With that task complete, Warren was left with nothing else to do but reflect on his new assignment. Hell of a first day... He had to admit he hadn't handled the first few surprises very well. Kamek had thrown him several curveballs in their initial conversation, and he felt he had failed to deal with any of them in a fashion befitting a soldier of his supposed caliber. He was so used to regulation, doing everything by the book, that the sight of a CO acting in such a heterodox manner had thrown him off badly. That was something that would have to change. He knew as well as anyone that things rarely went "by the book" in real life. He would learn to adjust, he was confident in that...

Despite those earlier shocks, he hadn't really really been unnerved too much by the unfortunate accident that had befallen his fellow squadmate in the hangar; in fact, it seemed strange to him that the other crew members had gotten so worked up over it. Faraday had clearly been quite shaken, and even Kamek, try though he did, couldn't completely hide his emotions. This unease seemed bizarre to him. It wasn't like Varis was dead. Hell, for all Warren knew, Silverwind could have gotten exactly what he wanted. How many people did he know back in the EFSF who had begged for a serious non-life-threatening injury precisely to get out of this conflict? From the little he had been told, he had extrapolated that Varis was a mediocre pilot at best. If his replacement was a better pilot, then wasn't this a net gain for everyone involved?

Feeling a little guilty for disparaging a fellow pilot, and one he barely knew at that, Warren sighed and took a look at the clock next to his bed. Far too early to be turning in just yet... He opened the door to his room and went out into the hallway, deciding to take a closer look at the rest of the ship.
Cardi Doorl

OOC: Heading to class in a sec. I'll have more for youse guys when I return from that.

IC:
- Mobile Suit Bay -

Picard took Elijah's paperwork and gave it a cursory glance before taking another look at his new charge. He also pointedly ignored Patrick's almost-nonsense remark. Someone needed to get it into that oaf's head that he was no longer assigned to the Buxoro, and Picard figured ignoring someone not under his command was a decent starting point.

"Silverwind's replacement, huh?" huffed M-Hover. "Well, a damned pleasure to meet you. Looks like you're my XO by virtue of rank."

Picard folded his left arm over his chest and scratched his chin with his right hand. "Tell me, since you, unlike my other new guys, seem to have gone through the mill... Zekes came back on that big rock. How eager are you to start killing them?"

OOC: wonton, I'll presume the interaction between Jason and Stukov is effectively over, yes?

- Gryps 1 -
- Near the Intersection of 23rd and Tianem -

You think they know that we're fighting for them? Do they even care?

Stukov, staggering slightly through the colonial streets back to the harbor, hadn't answered the younger pilot back in the bar. But he knew what he would have said. A resounding "no".

Not that it mattered. Stukov had never fought for those people. He knew long before joining the military that nobody cared. The only way to deal with it is to stop caring in turn. That was simply the way humanity worked, and Drossel was smart to figure it out sooner rather than later.

Stukov wasn't yet at the industrial sector, where the harbor could be found, but he marched on (insofar as it could be called "marching") back to his unit.
Last edited by Cardi Doorl on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Montague

- Mobile Suit Bay -

The question posed caused a slight grin to spread across Elijah's face as he gave his response, "As eager as can be, Sir. Though I'm no fool who wants to rush in, I'm a patient man." In truth it was not that he was just a patient man, it was because he wanted to live that much longer. Very rarely do you see a grunt in his position live long, though the ones that do are referred to as spectacular.

He recalled that before the question of the Zekes he was appointed the XO, a position he never held. "I may have won the title by rank, but I lack experience in the position. I'll just have to work that much harder." He gave a slight shrug as he asked his own question, "Is there anything else, Sir?"
~ - Quattro Bajeena - ~
Cardi Doorl

- Corridor -

Once Wolf and Sven had departed the bridge, Wolf turned to his new subordinate and said, "I don't think you ever had the privelige of meeting my little sister or my fiancée, but the two are no longer among us.

"Mercedes was sacrificed, Sven. I hope you understand what it means that you were brought here."

-

Elsewhere, nearer to the bridge, Trent slid on a gripper to return to his command. His mind rambled about, pondering his tight situation.

The military had always had its internal politics, to be sure, but the Titans took it to a whole new level. It had once been that Trent was able to keep himself above petty politics and was thus allowed to simply do his job, which suited him perfectly.

The nature of the Titans was such that it was impossible not to find yourself at odds with your fellow servicemen. Trent found himself wondering whom he could trust and who would be an ally if everything fell apart. The Commodore clearly shared his opinions regarding Bask Om's conduct and Admiral Jamitov's complicity, but Trent figured their agreements likely stopped there. The Commodore and his son were up to something big, and Trent had a hunch it was not something in which he wanted to get involved.

Once again, Trent thought of that poor bastard he'd just left outside the infirmary. Nick was no longer a mere subordinate, but the only insurance Trent had in case the Commodore tried anything. Nick, as far as Trent knew, was still uninformed that Axis had returned to the Earth sphere only days earlier. Trent intended to keep it that way for now.

Taskforce Echo's commander sighed. His trump card was a man so physically weak that information had to be withheld lest if affect his emotions too profoundly, was that it? Trent had less power than he'd ever imagined.

- Main Bridge -

The bridge crew stood at attention as Trent entered their presence. Without wasting time, Trent murmured, "Give me an update on the taskforce's status."

The information officer, a stand-in for the off-duty Sergei Trochinsky, called back, "Repairs on the Herakles will be complete within the hour, sir. All other vessels, mobile suits, and other vehicles are in full condition."

Finally.

"Send an alert out to all pilots and crew," muttered Trent, resting a hand against the arm of his command seat, "Taskforce Echo will leave port in 12 hours to resume patrolling duties. Shore leave is thus cancelled."

"Yessir!" barked back his crew.

Now Trent eyed the Commodore. "Sir, have we heard anything about Axis?"

"Good question, Andrewson," replied the Commodore, standing tall, arms crossed over his chest, and floating roughly halfway between the deck and the deckhead as he peered out the main viewport, "Politically speaking, the Federal government has yet to acknowledge that the Zabiists are even present. There have been no attempts to communicate with them in any way, not even militarily." He then brought his eyes upon Trent and added, "It's only a matter of time before they ask us Titans to do what we were organized to do. I can guarantee the Zabiists will take the initiative and attack us otherwise."

"I wouldn't be surprised if Bask Om or even Jamitov opts to take action against them without approval from the government."

It was faint and brief, but the Commodore barely smirked at the suggestion. "No," he agreed, "I wouldn't be surprised, either."

Psyden

((OOC: Sorry for the delay))

"Hey, mujere, you new around here?"

Grace looks up ahead on the gripper line and sees a man looking back at her. She takes a look over her shoulder to see if perhaps he was talking to some other person traveling along the same gripper who just got transferred about. With no one else around, she hesitantly points a finger at herself.

“Who, me? Yes, I just got transferred today from the San Diego. But I'm afraid I don't speak French. I’m Lt. Jay-Gee Grace Kelborn.”

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Xvlai

- Corridor –

Sven brought his hand up and saluted the Commodore. Turning around he followed his commanding officer out of the room. After passing through the bridge to the corridor, the younger wolf turned and asked a question, "I don't think you ever had the privilege of meeting my little sister or my fiancée, but the two are no longer among us. “

"Mercedes was sacrificed, Sven. I hope you understand what it means that you were brought here."

Mercedes? She was but a blur in Sven’s memory a little girl he had but seen once long ago. Duty calls for us all. Her card must have been called then. These few seconds alone he gave to the memory of Mercedes, destiny did not allow time for mourning. We all have our duty.

Drifting past Wolf, Sven reached out with his left hand and grabbed onto the bulkhead to stop himself, turning he responded, “Sir, I now know why it was I was brought here. And like all who walk the line of destiny I am ready for the final duty to it.”

Taking a breath and shifting his hands Sven continued, “While it has been sometime since I have last lived the profession of warrior. I do understand the ramifications of me being here.”

Looking directly into Wolf’s eyes Sven felt he had not done the question full justice. Sighing, he voiced what he knew might come to be, “I just hope that you sir, understand, that I will not throw myself away in the line of duty. Unless the destiny we have fought for is in our grasps.”

Falling silent Sven waited to for the other man to respond. Bringing his hand up to the scar that served as a reminder to the price of destiny; he rubbed it. Sven didn’t like lieing to superiors but this had been a white lie. He had of course not voiced his entire opinion.

I will not let you be sacrificed by destiny; the wolf pack cannot die out.
RGM-79G GM Command

(OOC: Later then I planned cause of some yard work. Sorry it is short, couldn't think of anything else.)

IC: Ryo finished reading his book before putting his boots on amd walking out of his quarters. 'Guess I'll need to find something else to pass the time with soon or else I'll get bored pretty quickly, I guess I could see if any of the other pilots has a book or something.' he thinks to himself as he begins to go towards the hanger to check on his Marasai.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
The Loser Villain

-Salamis-Kai Class Buxoro-
-Pilot's Quarters-

It took him awhile, but Aaron finally finished unpacking and putting things in there places. Its not as if he had a lot to unpack, its that he kept thinking about the accident. He couldn't help but remember what happened to himself earlier in the year when he was injured by some jet-jockey flying so slow he plowed into a building. When he was finally able to drown it all out he finished the rest of the unpacking in a timely manner.

It was then that he heard his stomach grumble. Looking at the time he realized that it was past the time that any meal would be served in the galley. But Aaron's stomach was winning the argument and he decide to go down and see if he could find anything to eat, even if it came from a vending machine.

------------

Several minutes later
-Galley-

Shoving several credits into the vending machine, Aaron selected an apple and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It wasn't much, but it would fill him till the next meal.

Bitting into the apple, Aaron grimaced, "Gak, so sour."
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Kylern

(Pilots on the Herakles please post)

-Herakles mobile suit Hangar-

The word came over the intercom that they would be moving out today and that everyone needed to prepare for launch. The crew of the ship was getting things ready and supplies were starting to finish unloading. Weapons, ammo, parts, meds, and food were all being carried onto the ship and repairs were finishing. This ship had been injured pretty bad and it was one of the last to finish actually repairing. That must have been why it was taking a bit longer than normal for them to launch out with Echo Taskforce.

Kyle looked at his new subordinate who was a bit more friendly than the other one. So with a smile he placed his hands behind his back and looked up at the Hizacks. "Seems we will be heading out to hunt the rebels soon... This outta be fun. Can I ask you a question? What do you think of the Hizack? Personally I'm appalled that the Federation would adopt such an absurd mobile suit as its standard. I mean it looks like a Zaku, and hell it can't even mount a beam rifle and beam saber at the same time. How ridiculous." He said this with a bit of a mocking snicker as he stared at the one he would be piloting. He would have been better off with his GM...
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Cardi Doorl

- Corridor -

Leandro laughed; a stark contrast from the zealot in the suit bay. He also ignored the unfortunate new woman's error regarding Leandro's language. A grin spread across his grin as he spoke. "I'm Ltjg. Alvarez from Alpha Team, but you can call me Leandro. You better be on my squad. This ship needs pilots who aren't no eyesores, and it'd be nice if Alpha Team had one for itself. You any good in the cockpit, lady?"

-

Wolf remained silent for a moment as Sven affirmed his place.

Sven Haksson, you are as my own blood. If you must be sacrificed before the day comes, be ready. It is an honor understood by few.

Wolf took Sven's hand in a firm handshake and murmured, "Good. Let's find Ryo. He's the other one on Beta Team. His eyes are closed, and he's timid, but he serves his role well enough."

It was just as well, as shortly thereafter they reached the mobile suit bay.

- Mobile Suit Bay -

Picard made a production of scratching his chin before responding to Elijah. "Yeah, there's something else. You're with Buxoro Team now, Lt. Robin. That means you follow my orders to the letter. I'm in charge for a reason, so I don't need anyone questioning my orders. You aren't the type to go around questioning orders to look like a big shot, are you?"

Just then, however, the ship's PA system announced that Taskforce Echo was to leave Gryps in twelve hours. M-Hover huffed and kicked off the deck. "Hope you're settled in, Robin," he called back to his new XO, thus brushing aside his own earlier question, "We're on duty, so let's get to work on these Hizacks."

wonton bob

- Mobile Suit Bay -

Jason staggers toward a section which houses Marasais but unfortunately he's in a daze to figure out which belongs to Gamma team. As he points to the nearest Marasai, he barks out orders to a group of mechanics.

"Heys! Ready my suit!.. I wan *hic* it prepped and loaded to go in five.."

..Can't stand this waiting!..I'll go out and finish this war myself...where's my helmet?? aww sh**!

As Jason looks down, he notices he's still in uniform and after some profanity he stumbles over to the pilot's locker room where he seems to disappear for a few hours..
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Xvlai

- Mobile Suit Bay –

Following his superior into the Mobile Suit Bay, Sven gazed around at the engineers at work. The PA system had informed them that they had 12 hours until they shipped back out. Good, I spent too much time on this rock as it is, it is time to go into space once again. Continuing to gaze around at the assembled Mobile Suits Sven’s eyes fell on a Marasai; the power behind those suits would win them this conflict.

The obvious Zeonic influences did not bother Sven. A weapons aesthetic value was meaningless; its combat potential was all that mattered. During his time stationed at back water bases he had the opportunity to pilot only GM II’s. Gazing at the Marasais he could only feel that the rumors he had heard about these Marasais seemed true, They are bred for war, they will win us this war.

Someone shouting brought his attention to what seemed a heavily drunk individual yelling at the engineers. At this distance he could not possibly hear what the man was saying. Drunk on Duty. Sven tsked. The curse of the fighting man. Watching as the man made his way to the pilot quarters; Sven cleared his throat and poised a question to his CO.

“Sir, how do these Marasais perform in combat against the AEUG? And are their pilots as good as the grape vine suggests?”
Montague

- Mobile Suit Bay -

The abrupt announcement of their departure brought about an end to their formulaic conversation. Unfortunately the Lieutenant was unable to respond as the hurried man was already off to tend to other matters. Elijah let out a sigh of relief as the formalities were at an end and now it was time to get his hands more filthy.

It only took a few steps deeper into the Buxuro's mobile suit bay before he had found the Chief Mechanic. Kicking off of the ground he glided toward the old man as he was correcting two of his younger personnel. Catching hold of a nearby rail the Lieutenant gave a brief introduction of himself to the scruffy man. The veteran scratched his chin for only a moment before replying to Elijah in a positive manner.

Of course there was plenty of work to be done, though the brown haired man was well aware of that before asking. A great deal of time was spent in that hangar as Picard's new XO assisted with the Hizacks, mobile suits very much similar to the ones he used to snipe just years ago. He shook his head, amazed at the progress of nearly a decade. Returning to work the time was well spent as he familiarized himself with the green menace he would be piloting, going as far as offering notes to the mechanic working on his suit for a few slight tweaks. Nothing in terms of performance enhancement, simply personal preference.

All simple ways to familiarize himself with his machinery without going as far as piloting it. The Robin wished to be at the ready for when that time came.
~ - Quattro Bajeena - ~
ORegan

On the Buxuro

Patrick had been wandering around the ship. He heard the PA about leaving in twelve hours, sure, but it didn't really get through to him. after 3 hours, a staff member of the Kirov found him eating an apple in the cafe. The person scolded him, saying that he should be on the Kirov, and asking if he was some kind of idiot.

After being chaperoned back to the Kirov's, Patrick wanted to go to sleep. He looked around for someone to ask, but he could see no one with the commotion the mechanics were making to get things prepared for the departure.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Psyden

“I did manage to shoot down 4 suits on my first mission, if that is any indicator…”

Grace’s contralto voice is light in mood, in keeping with the tone of the conversation, but there is a tinge of sadness in her eyes for her former teammates and shipmates who would never again see Earth, or anything else, ever again.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?