Ep. 009 - Heavy Metal Queens (00: Mo. 4, Music & Women)

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Vent Noir

One thing I forgot to mention that I think could be a major part of what's making it hard for me to like the show... I'm finding I really don't like Celestial Being's agenda all that much - I find myself agreeing with the people in the show who are criticising them. I guess it's pretty hard to like a show where the "good guys" are doing things that you don't support, especially when they never seem in any danger of losing.
auriga

You'd be quite surprised that most of the people who are very much into the show... Share your sentiments. I'd say more people root for the superpowers than the Meisters.

And about the Meisters losing... There's a lot of that past episode 6.
Gai Daigoji

auriga wrote:You'd be quite surprised that most of the people who are very much into the show... Share your sentiments. I'd say more people root for the superpowers than the Meisters.
Really? I hate the superpowers (or rather there leaders) I find them to be grumpy old men who want to keep their power even if it meant sacrificing peace.
Lets Gekiga-in!
Kavik Ryx

Gai Daigoji wrote:
auriga wrote:You'd be quite surprised that most of the people who are very much into the show... Share your sentiments. I'd say more people root for the superpowers than the Meisters.
Really? I hate the superpowers (or rather there leaders) I find them to be grumpy old men who want to keep their power even if it meant sacrificing peace.
Gai Daigoji, welcome to politics. Heck this is the most politically sensible Gundam Series. UC had some military conduct, G Gundam was suprisingly political, and you can see some thought put into many of the events in SEED and DESTINY. This one; however, is the most complete, and is one of the more interesting parts of the series.
Gundamium Alloy

Great show. It was so cool to hear a part of the show on Gundam soundtracks. I was curious, which Turn A Gundam soundtrack to you recommend? There are a few of them and I also came across a live version. Without ever seeing the show I don't know which ones to consider. I'm also not sure which Victory soundtrack to consider. Any suggestions with Victory? Thanks again.
Chris
Administrator

Gundamium Alloy wrote:Great show. It was so cool to hear a part of the show on Gundam soundtracks. I was curious, which Turn A Gundam soundtrack to you recommend? There are a few of them and I also came across a live version. Without ever seeing the show I don't know which ones to consider. I'm also not sure which Victory soundtrack to consider. Any suggestions with Victory? Thanks again.
I'd suggest everything, basically. Turn A has three OSTs covering all the music from the series, plus a live concert album with Yoko Kanno. If you want a general sampler of what the Turn A soundtrack is like, try the live concert. Victory has three OSTs that cover the series, plus a fourth one called Hornet's Nest. I'd suggest the three OSTs.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Gundamium Alloy

Chris wrote:
Gundamium Alloy wrote:Great show. It was so cool to hear a part of the show on Gundam soundtracks. I was curious, which Turn A Gundam soundtrack to you recommend? There are a few of them and I also came across a live version. Without ever seeing the show I don't know which ones to consider. I'm also not sure which Victory soundtrack to consider. Any suggestions with Victory? Thanks again.
I'd suggest everything, basically. Turn A has three OSTs covering all the music from the series, plus a live concert album with Yoko Kanno. If you want a general sampler of what the Turn A soundtrack is like, try the live concert. Victory has three OSTs that cover the series, plus a fourth one called Hornet's Nest. I'd suggest the three OSTs.
Which soundtrack is more of a sweeping symphony sound? One soundtrack over another or one series over another? Thanks.
goufx

hey soul bro, you and the other gundamn crew did i nice job with episode 9. great job again. may i ask the e.t.a on episode 10, i can't wait.
Chris
Administrator

goufx wrote:hey soul bro, you and the other gundamn crew did i nice job with episode 9. great job again. may i ask the e.t.a on episode 10, i can't wait.
Please don't ask this. Soul Bro is a busy man and works on the episode when he has time. It'll come out when it's done.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Soul Bro Ryu

goufx wrote:hey soul bro, you and the other gundamn crew did i nice job with episode 9. great job again. may i ask the e.t.a on episode 10, i can't wait.
Thanks, man ^_^

It should be up tonight, if it kills me. The SRW segment is being a bitch to edit, but I think I have it on lock, finally. Just a heads up to those interested, this episode is another whopper and I think our best segment so far is in it. More details about it when it's posted, though...
Chris wrote: Please don't ask this. Soul Bro is a busy man and works on the episode when he has time. It'll come out when it's done.
Not to busy to party tomorrow, though! The forces of Gundamn! will finally meet at Megacon, gang. Brace yourselves for impact!
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Gundamium Alloy

The soundtrack to Patlabor movie 2 sounds very interesting. Lots of epic sounding drums. Really sets the mood of the film which was rather dark and filled with mystery and politics. I recommend this soundtrack to anyone looking for a new one. The composer is Kenji Kawai, who has composed most of the Patlabor soundtracks. He's also the composer of Gunparade March. That is another good sounding soundtrack.

CD Japan doesn't have music samples of some of the older soundtracks. Unless I'm missing them there. For instance, V Gundam, Gundam X or ZZ Gundam. I just purchased Char's Counterattack. One word: Awesome! Thanks for recommending.