Episode 15 - Pyrrhic Victory [TE]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
ORegan

*Quick post*

Patrick after the battle did stay outside of whatever ship they were on. I'm pretty sure it's called the Buroxo or something close to that nature. He wanted to make sure that they had been fully protected before returning to the ship for repairs...plus he wanted to keep the beam rifle for as long as he could. Picard might take it away from him when he docks.

After entering the hangar, Patrick got out of the unit and fell asleep in the Pilot's lounge. That couch was comfy. The fact that he killed another human being did not even phase the poor oaf, as he comfortably snoozed away.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
wonton bob

June U.C. 0082
Virginia

A fifteen year old Jason Drossel sits on the kitchen floor with his back against the fridge. With a quick swipe, Jason wipes blood from his lip. Jason's father stands over him clenching a small knife. From his bruised knuckles and blood not belonging to him nor Jason covering his shirt, it is obvious that he has been in a recent fight.

"You're lucky you're my son but if you EVER grow spineless again I'll gut ya, understand boy! Get in my way again so help me.. Don't ever tell me that's enough!" His father's eyes widen. " It won't ever be enough till they're all dead! They killed your mother and siblings for god's sake!" Jason's Dad gives one last look of disgust as he leaves spitting out a final venomous observation. "Why couldn't it have been you..."

As soon as his father left, Jason blocks the pain and quickly gets up and runs outside. He runs for what appears to seem like miles into town toward a group of older boys who are following a family.

"Thats them. They arrived from Side 6 Last night." A youth whispers in the group. They pull out clubs and knives just as Jason catches up to them. Their cautious eyes now fixated toward Jason.

"Wait!" Jason shouts as he approaches the group. "Count me in on this one." Jason demands.

As the shuttle doors open Jason snaps out of his day dream. Taking a step onto the Buxoro hanger bay Jason is filled with a new determination. If it is possible that the dead watch over us, then from whatever circle of hell his father's soul is trapped Jason hopes he observes his son's upcoming actions in the war.

You there old man? I'll show ya suffering. I'll show you I'm not a waste.

Jason kicks off toward the exit on his way to the pilots lounge.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Kylern

The young officer straightened his uniform and walked into the hangar of the Heracles with the intention of meeting the last two pilots alive on this vessel. For some reason Kyle felt rather uncomfortable in the Titan's uniform because he had always worn a EFSF uniform since entering the Academy. Plus the blue seemed to clash with him... But that was getting way off topic and exactly a professional conversation. Actually as he entered the mobile suit hangar he felt even more at odds because something just seemed different about here compared to the bridge or combat bridge. He even got some eyes from a few weary mechanics who had been working non stop since the battle started and even ended. It was almost as if their eyes were piercing him and telling him that he wasn't welcome down here.

Shaking his head Kyle threw the uneasiness off and just remembered being back in the regular military. He had gotten along well with them all, maybe he was just readjusting to a new setting. It was natural to be intimidated by a new surrounding but he couldn't let it rule him. Instead he decided to take a little charge and find these two pilots on his own. And that meant asking the first guy that seemed to be of a rank higher than common laborer down here.

"I am looking for the two Hizack pilots stationed on this ship. Could you please point me in their direction because I need to talk to them." He said this with a smile but a voice that said he wasn't playing around. He didn't want to appear to serious but he also didn't want to look like a pansy who was just looking to make friends with everyone. He was an officer after all and he liked to think that he had a position of some authority even if he was just the assistant to the Captain.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Psyden

Ensign Pendragon hears Kyle from his cockpit hatch.

“If you mean the pilots who just sortied, you need look no further than their machines.”

Constantine jumps off of his Hizack (pushes off towards ground would be more accurate) and lands in front of Kyle.

“Now, Ensign…”

Pendragon puts his hand to his chin to try and place a name to the man before him.

“Roberts? Aw, yes, you were on the bridge when Capt. Berg summoned me and Ens. Lepak. Does the Captain need something?”

A technician walks up to Constantine.

“Sir, the Kirov has order a Fleet wide debriefing that will begin in 5 minutes. The AV equipment has already been set up in the briefing room.”

“Thank you. Now, if you will, go tell Ens. Lepak.”

“Yessir.”

During the entire conversation with the technician, Pendragon stays focused on Ensign Kyle Roberts, waiting to hear what the other man has to say.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
ORegan

Patrick sleep wasn't going as smoothly as it had when he first plopped his head down. He started to dream about his days as a foot soldier, commanding a team of his buddies and teammates in a mock battle against another team. It was a couple days before he would leave for Officer training and piloting mobile suits. It was a normal simulation, and it was going according to plan...but then the pain started to hurt Patrick's sleeping cranium. His dream self hit the floor, and blood blocked his vision.

With a yell, Pat woke sweating holding his head screaming "IT HURTS!!!!" Almost on the verge of crying, the large Titan saw Drossel enter the room. Collecting himself as best he could, he stood up and saluted.

"Sir, I got a kill today, Sir."
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Cardi Doorl

- Salamis Kai-class Buxoro -
- Pilots' Lounge -

Before Jason Drossel could have the opportunity to say a thing, M-Hover pulled himself into the room with Varis Silverwind VII in tow. After essentially shoving Jason aside to get to the head of the room, Hades Team's CO bellowed, "Alright, at attention, you idiots! Apparently Commander Trent wants to address all suit teams at the same time, so let's look damn good and pay attention."
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Cardi Doorl

OOC: I know the Herakles guys aren't in position to hear Trent's words of magnificence, but we'll assume this RP takes place in a timeframe in which you guys are in your brieifing room and listening. You can RP yourselves into your room after the fact.

OOC2: Note that, although the screens showing the other teams are behind Trent, the cameras are in fron of Trent, so that the other ships' teams aren't looking at Trent's back ;)

- Alexandria-class Kirov -
- Briefing Room -

Trent took his position in front of the screens at the head of the briefing room. One by one, the screens behind him flickered and resolved into camera views of suit teams from the other ships. There was Alpha Bate and his team from the Kalinin, and there were the paltry two-man teams from the Herakles and Ipswich, and so on.

"At ease, everyone," intoned Trent.

The de facto commander of Taskforce Echo scanned across the room, then said, evenly, "I'll state it frankly. The performance of our mobile suit teams, overall, is pathetic."

With a subtle shifting of his weight, Trent continued, "Look at the battle we just survived. Hell, the fact that I used the word 'survived' instead of 'won' is indicative enough of the problem! We had every advantage in our favor, but in the end we count ourselves lucky that we didn't fare worse. In small-scale cases, sure, we had admirable accomplishments, such as Herakles Team fending off a numerically superior foe, and a number of pilots scoring multiple victories. But on a wider scope, this was a complete disaster!

"There was absolutely no cohesion between mobile suit teams. The Kirov teams spent more time bickering than advancing, and the Hizack teams were slaughtered as a consequence. The list goes on, but none of you are stupid enough to need them all spelled out*. With camaraderie like this, it's a wonder the AEUG even bothers fighting us.

"This ends now. This pettiness, this self-centeredness, this tribalism - it all ends here. We're one unit, dammit, and our lives depend on each other. I don't care if you're the big-shot ace or a rookie; your life depends on everyone else in this outfit. You will see every man as your brother and every woman as your sister, no matter what ship you're assigned to. All you have out there is Taskforce Echo.

"I absolutely will not tolerate seeing any team - especially you Kirov teams - fighting like mobs of disorganized thugs and children. From now on, I want all pilots to understand the greater whole of which he is a part. If I have to go through heaven and hell, I will bind together you disparate stones and build a wall to withstand the tide of blood. Only then will you understand that looking beyond yourself will turn us into a force much greater than the mere sum of its parts.

"Currently, Taskforce Echo is en route to Gryps Colony. When we reach port, I will allow shore leave. I want all of you to think about the disater we just escaped, and what part you played. Look to the men and women beside you. Look to those from the other ships. Regard them as your own flesh and blood. Put them before you. Don't fight for a vague ideal, or for a career, or for pay, or whatever it is that clouds your brotherhood and divides us from one another. Fight for your fellow man, because only he will fight for you in return. Only then can we bring down the barriers destroying us and become truly unbreakable, because that's the only way Echo can survive against this nation's enemies."

Trent paused and looked over his subordinates once again. Had he been the type given to raging outbursts, this would have been the time to let loose. Not being that type, however, meant that all he could do was speak with a certain barely-suppressed passion.

"This is the time for penance. Go back to your suit bays and work with the technical crews to repair anything you can. Be thankful to have survived this battle. Remember those who fell. From this day forward, we only have each other. Dismissed."

---
* - Patrick Miller notwithstanding.

Kylern

"He didn't really want to tell you guys anything. I'm here to introduce myself since I guess I'll be your replacement pilot once new mobile suits are brought to the ship. So yeah, nice to meet you." He said with a smile as he tried to appear natural. His first impression was quite different from the way the Captain had talked about them on the bridge but he didn't let that bother him. He didn't think these guys were all that bad, even though he didn't really know them. First impression told a lot and he saw a bunch of hard working soldiers who were doing the best they could. That was all that mattered after all.

"I guess we need to go see this debriefing. I just wanted to thank you and the other Ensign for your good work at protecting this ship. There was a lot at stake and we weren't in the best situation to be out there." He said this again as he headed for the room where they were holding the broadcasted debriefing.

Upon arrival he had taken a seat and listened to the well delivered if disheartening message. At least their team was praised... That meant a lot even if he hadn't been out there. He was a member of this ship and it brought a little pride that they were named to have done well. But was he really ready to be sent out into the battlefield with the others? It wasn't as though he didn't have the training... He was an EFSF soldier and had gone through basic mobile suit combat training. But that was with a GM... Not a Hizack or any of these other odd mobile suits the Titans deployed. He almost felt like he was a member of the old Zeon forces with them around. That was slightly unnerving since he was from Earth and had lived through the One Year War. But he would get over that and show them all that he was good for something.

Once the debriefing was done Kyle sort of sat there for a second unsure of what to do next. Where was he suppose to report to next since he was in limbo on this ship about where to go or do next.
EfreetCustom

Alex was standing in the door way as the braodcast was going on. He had a discorded look on his face as he knew that the mission could have gone ALOT better, even though his team was praised for there work.

"Hey, so are you the new pilot?" Alex said over the few crew members in the debreifing room to Ens. Roberts.

"What are you gonna do now Roberts?" Alex said with a smirk on his face waiting for a reply.
"This is no Zaku boy! No Zaku!!!"
wonton bob

-Buxoro-
-briefing room-

As the door opens Jason could have swore he heard a yell but instead sees the giant stand.

"Sir, I got a kill today, Sir."

Before he could answer Jason takes a large step forward to balance himself. Jason righted himself and gave a hard stare toward his CO.

of all the people this guy is still alive!?

With gritted teeth Jason stands at attention.

***after the meeting***

Jason walks over to Miller with a large grin. "So you're still in one piece Big guy? so to speak. And did I hear you right? You got a kill?"

Not sure if it was the truth or one of Patrick's delusions Jason decides to play along until he can check the battle logs.

"Hell's a poppin'! " Jason jumps up wrapping an arm around the giant's neck. "Ya hear. Gryps, We'll celebrate in a bar." Jason grabs his chin and ponders loudly. "Hope they don't notice I'm underage."

Jason's focus returns to Miller. "The Universe is changing my friend. We're at a crossroads and must decide our next step over a beer."

that and not having to put up with Kamek after Gryps...god how I hate colonies but its worth it at least this once.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Kylern

Kyle turned in his seat as someone else approached him. His eyes were laid on the second pilot on the Herekles mobile suit team. He didn't know the guy but the fact the guy was smirking while talking put him off. It was slightly settling, almost as if this guy had something else on his mind. But Kyle decided to play nice and just returned a friendly smile.

"Not sure actually. I was probably going to return to the bridge until I'm given a more permanent position on this ship. But congrats on getting some reacknowledgment from the brass. That was a hell of a fight out there." He said this trying to make a little small talk even as he continued to sit there. Now though he was turned around in the seat with his arms on the back of the chair crossed as he watched the other pilot.
EfreetCustom

"Hahahaha yeah, it sure was a hell of a fight you got that right....but its not like i enjoy fighting you should probably get that idea out of your head before you do anything in a mobile suit." Alex said to Ens. Roberts

Alex said all this very casualy, as he thought to him self that it seems like he was trying to make friends.

"How 'bout we get something to eat.....all that fighting has gotten me starving." he said to the new member of his MS team.
Kylern

Casually Kyle got up from his seat and turned it back around to face the front. Then he gave a nod to the other guy who gave a pretty good option to do next. Something to fill his stomach sounded good, after all he had been pretty stressed during that operation... Something about him always feeling like the next beam would crash into the ship killing him all was always at the back of his mind. There had been a few times enemy units had gotten close to them and all it took was a stray beam to be the end of them. That was not how he had wanted to go out of this world... But everything seemed to go well and they were all alive this time.

"Yeah food sounds good." He said returning the invitation. But when the guy made a comment about not liking to fight he gave a mental sigh. He wanted to say that had been a soldier in the EFF but decided not too. Something the Captain had said or implied told him that it was a bad idea to let to much information get out. Plus it wasn't really their concern what his previous job was. Even though despite how cool it was to be a Titan he still missed the regular forces. He got to stay near Earth more back then and could spend more time with his family. Space had a lonely feeling to it and he had no intention of ever moving up here and staying when this was all done and over.
Psyden

Ens. Pendragon can only wonder what the battle had been like for the rest of the taskforce. The Herakles took a beating, but Pendragon finds the skill of the enemies lacking. Such a large force should have been able to easily overwhelm a pair of rookie pilots in Hizacks and destroy an already lamed ship, especially when they were in the high performance Rick Dias. The fact they have not speaks volumes about their skill level, except for that sniper, that is. To be able to hit a moving target through debris as thick as it was is definitely a mark of a true sniper. But that line of thought, and of his new, albeit temporary subordinate will have to have to wait, for fatigue is finally catching up to him.

Walking up from behind the other two pilots, Constantine clears his throat to get their attention.

“Listen up. After you two get something to eat, you are to go straight to bed. After we all rest up, we’ll be hitting the sims until we arrive at Gryps, got that?

Not waiting for their acknowledgments, Pendragon steps around them and towards the hallway that will take him to his quarters.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
EfreetCustom

"Jesus, whats his deal, we can't even get to rest up tomorrow?!" Alex indirectly said to Ens. Roberts in an annoyed voice.

Although Alex was acting up he still knew what Pendragon said would definitly improve his skills as a team member, Roberts as well. With that last battle Alex learned that he must improve his combat skills if he going to live through the next battle. Alex signaled to Roberts to follow him.

"Do you have much experience in MS use Roberts?" waiting for a good answer he hoped.
Kylern

(OOC: We need to go ahead and find a stopping point since this thread will be closed and the next Arc will start)

Kyle listened and mentally smiled. He hadn't been ordered around like that in a long time and especially by a guy his own rank. But he wasn't going to say anything because he couldn't argue with the fact that Pendragon was the team leader. It was just an odd feeling but he placed his hands in his pockets as the guy walked away and looked at the other pilot.

"He's just thinking about the best for the team. Its a good idea after all but food comes before sleep, and since this isn't a battlezone anymore sleep comes before training. After all we have all had a long day and could use some peaceful shut eye." He said this with a slight smile as he followed beside the other pilot who was heading for where the chow was. But then the guy asked a question that Kyle didn't want to answer. But he thought of something rather quick and natural.

"A little. Basic training only though." He said with a shrug of his shoulder as they entered the cafeteria. Kyle grabbed a sandwich and something to drink to sit down at a table. Then he began to eat at a normal pace. He was hungry and had to keep himself from scarfing it down quickly.
Cardi Doorl

- Alexandria-class Kirov -
- Main Bridge -

Trent sat heavily in his command seat after returning from the debrief. The Kirov, at the head of Echo's formation, was leaving the debris of the Hatte shoal behind her, entering open space. If one squinted, a tiny spot could be seen - Luna II. Echo, however, was headed for Side 7's Gryps Colony.

"Blame the pilots, Commander?"

The Commodore's question sounded almost innocent, but surely the man knew that nobody would be fooled. Trent doffed his hat and set it aside, running his hand through his now-uncovered hair reminding him that taking a shower sooner rather than later would be advisable. "Not just them, Commodore," he replied, "Blame goes all over this time. I simply focused on the pilots' failings because I was talking to them at the time. The skippers need a talking-to themseves, especially Winter and Sullivan for retreating prematurely and letting Abbey get away."

"Is that so?"

"That's hardly the end of it," sighed Trent, "Someone far back in history once said that victory has many fathers, and that certainly holds true for this disaster of a victory."

The Commodore's tone grew darker as he said, "I find it interesting, the way you dance around the issue you don't want to vocalize."

"I can't say I follow."

"You can't fool me so easily, Andrewson. I know the look in your eyes. There's someone you blame more than anyone else for all of this. I've seen the look more often than not - don't think I haven't. You just won't admit it, probably something about your past. Funny thing, your past. What exactly were you doing before you were dragooned into service during the war?"

Trent glared at the Commodore, rank be damned. "You're overstepping the bounds of the observer, sir."

The main bridge's door opened at that moment, wedging a silence between the two men. Wolf floated in and saluted the two men. Still looking Trent in the eye, the Commodore intoned, "So I am, Commander. Nonetheless, it is something to think about."

It was not long after that the Commodore and his son had departed the main bridge, leaving Trent alone with the bridge crew and his thoughts.