Episode 15 - Roman Defeat [4th]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Fritz Ashlyn

Episode 15 - Roman Defeat [4th]

((All AEUG players please continue posting in this thread.))

- Outer Shoal -

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

With Pan Heyden seemingly settled in to his temporary work, everyone else went back to their duties. Filmore shrugged again and smiled as he imagined the trouble Jungst must be having with Gates. Debris from the routed Republic of Zeon fleet tumbled past the Dervish and finally began to thin out as the big ship rumbled its way to the edge of the shoal zone. The captain had moved to Jane’s comm station, for one thing to watch as messages were passed between the surviving ships in the 4th, but primarily because he anxiously awaited a clear repetition of the message sent by some unseen AEUG vessel.

“It’s still totally broken up. I can’t make out anything,” Jane said, shaking her head. The voice message was still almost entirely rough static. Abbey frowned and crossed his arms. “We’re almost far enough out to pick up our speed a little. Surely we’ll be able to make something of it when we’re out of this wreckage and Minovsky,” he encouraged. Jane simply nodded, not looking very hopeful. From behind him at the helm, Wade announced, “Flares going up,”.

Abbey turned to the bridge windows in time to see a recall flare go off above the Hamburg, and the dying glow of another above the New Yark. He looked to Wade, who was expectantly awaiting the order to fire their own flares, and nodded. “Hope those still work...” Wade said, only half joking. A moment later, the Dervish added her own recall order to space.

- Hangar -

The raised voices of Jim and Sager had finally started attracting attention, as other pilots and some of the nearby walking wounded looked on in curiosity and disgust. "Who said I was here to change 'the world'?" Jim shouted, obviously flustered but still very much angry, "All of you earthers are too fond of your homeworld to figure out that the ol' 'blue marble' is our problem! It's nothing but a breeding ground for tyrants! I'm not here to change the world, I'm here to destroy it! Frankly, I'm fed up with you guys. I thought when I joined up I was signing on to a band of anti-government rebels. I don't see any rebels here. This is no revolution, it's just a rich man's pleasure cruise! Forget it! I quit! The next time we stop in port, I'm gone. Don't even bother trying to stop me! I should've jumped ship already..."

A vein on the chief’s forehead became more pronounced and he wriggled in a manner that let him float back in Jim’s direction, in a way so as to not let the pilot ‘walk away’ from him. From outside his peripheral vision Jacob entered the fray, calling out "You mean tyrants like the ones who dropped a colony on Australia? Or the ones who nuked an unsuspecting fleet during a naval review?". Markado came to rest on a catwalk near them and continued, "You think Earth has the monopoly on murderous madmen? Obviously, you've never heard of the Zabis. You colonists need Earth. If it wasn't there, you'd have no one to blindside and backstab and blame for your problems except for each other. Just imagine how your world would crumble when you realized that you hate each other as much as everyone else. No one's going to try to stop you from leaving. In fact, keep talking like you are and I think I could find enough guys to help you jump ship right now."

Sager held a hand out in Jacob’s direction. “Careful, now,” he warned. The very last thing he wanted was for a physical fight between officers (and pilots, no less) to erupt in the middle of his overworked hangar, especially with so many casualties around. He was honestly more afraid for MacAlpin than anyone else, and he cursed under his breath.

He grimaced at the turn their argument was taking, but decided to press on. Sager gestured behind him in the direction of the escape launches they had taken in. “Pleasure cruise, huh? Go ask any one of them how much fun they’re having. ...I don’t think you get it at all, son,” the chief said, his voice lowered to a more reasonable level, “We’re the Anti Earth Union Group. Anti Earth Union, not anti earth. We’re out here dying trying to show the Federation that the Titans are bad news. Most of us came straight outta EFSF units. We’re trying to fix the government, and they’ve backed us into a corner so we’ve resorted to war.

I don’t know what you thought you were in for when you joined up, but we’re not out here trying to form some kinda ‘neo’ Zeon. We’re all gonna play nice and try to deal with the consequences of what we’re doing now once the Titans are disbanded and the Federation snaps back to reality. We’re not going to slink off into a shoal and plot revenge,”. He just managed to hold back a crack at spacenoids. He shook his head and carried on, “I ain’t seen a lot of Zeon since I defected. Plenty of spacenoids, all of ‘em good men and women, but ain’t a lot of Zeon. I can count you guys on one hand. Maybe what you ought to do is find one of the others we got on board and talk to him about the AEUG and see what he tells you. Go find Roy or Ian,”.

- Ready Room -

When Bernard came back to the table with bottled water and something to eat, Michiko relaxed a bit. "Here, I'm afraid it's all that's left. We should eat up while waiting for the show to start. I wonder how they'll spin this or if there will be any sort of debriefing at all," he said as he sat back down. Plunking down a huge bottle of spirits in front of girl was not the best way to make a first impression, but she chalked it up to nerves as she reached for a container of water. "Look, I'm a little inept at dealing with people, especially the young,” Bernard explained as Michiko took a drink, “Most of you guys got heads so big, I wonder how the helmet fits. Now, maybe that's a good thing..anything to keep us from going down that dark road again and ending up here...”

He took another slug of the liquor to polish it off and then tapped the bottle so that it floated away off the table. Michiko wasn’t sure what to say. Finally, Korbel seemed to loosen up a little. "I hope we stop by a colony or something... I just lost all my stuff!" he observed. Michiko actually smiled at that, and she finally spoke up. “Lots of people lost something today,” she said, her tone more chipper than the statement. On the last syllable of ‘today’ a slight rumble seemed to pass through the deck.

- Bridge -

“Christ, she plowed right into the catapult!” Wade yelled as bits of Celeste’s Rick Dias spun away from where she sideswiped the ship. “No, she only clipped it. Make sure the crew on the port catapult are okay and have another fire crew standing by,” Abbey corrected him. He was just as shaken at the crash, but he managed to hide it.

“Sir...” Jane called Abbey’s attention back. She reached over to turn on a speaker that would let everyone on the bridge hear what she was listening to on her headphones. “-ttention, 4th Advance Squadron. If you can hear this, please respond. This is the Argama. Attention...”

- Fritz -

Fritz’ stomach knotted up when he saw a puff of fire billow out of one of the damaged parts of Celeste’s mobile suit. As if that weren’t bad enough on its own, her forward momentum was suddenly augmented by her damaged systems telling her engines to lock on full open. Fritz was already rocketing after her when her left arm struck the port catapult, and he ground his teeth as he watched his fuel indicators drop as she spun away. The fuel gauges began to blink as he got closer to her suit, and Fritz angrily cut off his thrusters to conserve what propellant he had left.

“Verflucht noch mal...!” he muttered as he closed in on Celeste’s spinning MS. He had to be careful reaching in to grab it to make sure a clumsy collision wouldn’t send them both flying off again in different directions. Once he had ahold of her again, he slowly turned them in the direction of the Dervish with light vernier burns. This time, he had a bad feeling she wouldn’t respond if he tried to talk to her. He hurriedly contacted the ship and informed them, “Dervish, I’m coming back with Ltjg. Angelina. Please make sure there’s a free medical team waiting!”. By the time he had come to a stop and let the mechanics secure Celeste’s Dias, he had broken out in a cold sweat.

He tore his helmet off and stumbled out of the cockpit. The last thing he expected to see, and the very last thing he wanted to deal with was James MacAlpin butting heads with Sager Polk on the other side of the hangar. That would have to wait for the moment.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
EZero8

Wes walked out of the mess hall finishing up a nice cold soda before crushing the can and tossing it. Now that he was replenished, Curren felt it was time to get some sort of debrief on the events in the battle. It was common knowledge by now that they had lost more ships than they could afford, and the obviously missing Rick Dias meant that they had lost one of their aces.

Not sure where he was supposed to report to, he headed over to the hangar. There should be someone there who knows what the hell is going on. This battle had left the fleet in a jumbled mess, and Curren hadnt even been able to report with the rest of Team 3 after the battle.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Wedge14

Pan was a little confused, and a tiny bit worried when something hit the ship. It took a second but he followed what happened.
"If the suit's not gonna make a landing, why do morons always try it anyways. Enough damn exploding things flying at us as it is..." The pilot remarked only to be cut off by the woman aboard the bridge and the incoming announcement.

Pan wasn't sure of the Argama's actual mission. Reinforcements? Something about the tone of the persons voice told him otherwise.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Goose

(OOC: I have returned!)

Jack secures his damaged Rick Dias, unaware of Celeste's near-miss (and privately very cross at her, though he tries to control it). He steps out of his cockpit and swims down, intending to see Sager and talk to him a moment.. and sees Jacob, MacAlpin, and Sager in an argument.

Jack is tired, wired, frusrated and hungry, and pissed off at Celeste and the world. So he is very unhappy at both pilots, and comes down to lay the law on them.

"Alright, knock it all fucking off!" he snarls at Jacob and MacAlpin. "I don't care who started this, both of you are in the wrong. Jacob, control your temper. And for the love of god! We;re the goddamn AEUG. Yeah, us ex-Feddies seem to like slapping people around. But we DO NOT GO THREATENING TO KILL FELLOW PILOTS. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO FUCKING LIKE MACALPIN, ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS TO FUCKING DO YOUR JOB! IS THAT CLEAR?!?"

Turning to MacAlpin so fast, he thunders, "And YOU! What the fuck is your problem? You hate Earth? Guess what? SO DO I! I fucking hate that useless planet! But you know what's the difference between you and me? It's because I lost my friends on that stupid planet. Of all my friends, one's on this ship, the other is god knows where, AND THE LAST ONE IS WITH THE TITANS! YOU TELL ME HOW THAT FEELS! I'm trying to keep you alive, but why should I bother? I was going to tell you to stick around with me. I don't care you're a Zeonic wannabe. All I care is that you;re an AEUG pilot, and we AEUG pilots are supposed to look out for each other!

"And don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. My ex was a Rick Dias pilot. You don't move or talk the way she did."

Jack is trembling with anger, and has to take several breaths to calm down.
I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have no regrets, this is my only path.
So as I pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."
EZero8

"That does not sound very good..." Wes thought to himself when he showed up at the hangar. He arrived just in time to finish hearing Jacob and Slim Jim going at each other, and Jack was about to go on with his own rant as well. Curren could easily guess what had happened before he made his untimely appearance, especially with Sager standing off to the side with a heated expression on his face. Obviously tempers were flaring up as the battle's tensions are let loose.

Oddly enough, Wes was surprised to notice that Team 2 was not involved in the b**** fest. The previous "fight" that broke out between crew members last time involved them and himself against Jim, but this time they are oddly standing on the side, merely observing. Curren decided to stay out of it for now, thinking better than to approach some pretty pissed off people asking for directions. Though he couldnt hold his tongue for long.

"So, now what exactly are we fighting for...?" he asks sarcastically without thinking. It was a legit question under the sarcastic guise, especially since everyone has developed their own spin to the AEUG's agenda. But as soon as he said it, he regretted it knowing that he'll recieve another set of rants for answers. Damn him and his curiosity...
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Goose

"So, now what exactly are we fighting for...?"

Jack hears Curren's words and bristles, preparing to charge in... when a hand slaps on his shoulder and he hears Clute's voice. Team Three's leader has quietly floated up, and now speaks.

"What are we fighting for? That's a good question, Curren. That's something all of us need to ask ourselves. What are we fighting for? Is it for glory, for bragging rights? Is it to rehash the One Year War? No, it's none of those."

Raising his voice, Clute continues, "On the grand scale, we're fighting for freedom from opression. We're fighting so that no one, not the Titans, not anyone, creates another 30 Bunch. And on our level? It's about the man who's beside you as you head out. Nobody gets it but those who fly together and die together. It's not about the mission. It's about your wingman. I got my Dias shot up. I coulda sat it out. But I went back out anyway, because you guys needed me. I put myself in harm's way for you, for Jacob, for MacAlpin, for the fleet.

"It doesn't matter whether we're ex-Federation or ex-Zeon. We can't afford to divide ourselves like that at this time. All that matters is that we're AEUG, we're fellow pilots, and we fight for one another. That's why Curren was covering you, MacAlpin. That's why Jack and me went to cover Jacob. Because you two are our pilots.

"What do we fight for? It's not what. It's who. We fight for each other."

And then, Clute turns around, looking at everyone in the eye, an uncharecteristic look of anger in his eyes, and asks darkly, "And so where the hell is unit cohesian? Where the hell is our loyalty to each other? Look into your hearts, everyone, and ask yourself this question. Because if we want to split ourselves into little factions, we might as well walk out that airlock right now. Because when we lose sight of our unity, of being AEUG and being fellow pilots, the Titans win."
Ascension

-Jim MacAlpin

Jim let out a dry chuckle.

"How incredibly inspirational!" he exclaimed, sarcasm dripping from his voice, "If all we're fighting for is each other, I think I just lost my motivation. I haven't seen anything from any of you that particularly inspires me to risk my life. I stand by my previous statement. I quit. You guys can drop me off at the next colony you visit. And if you try to stop me from leaving, you're really no better than the Titans."

-Caroline Tucker

Back aboard the damaged Chuikov (I can only assume) Caroline let out a heavy sigh. Her hands were shaking as she fumbled around clumsily trying to release her helmet.

Vantz was gone. With the battle over, the adrenaline fading, that terrible fact was beginning to fully sink in. Vantz was gone... but it could've been any of them. Even the Lieutenant had a hard time out there. Her own survival was nothing but a fluke.

She sat limply in the open cockpit of her Nemo, letting the terrible truth of the extent of her vulnerability wash over her.

"I feel sick..." she mumbled.
Goose

"If all we're fighting for is each other, I think I just lost my motivation. I haven't seen anything from any of you that particularly inspires me to risk my life. I stand by my previous statement. I quit. You guys can drop me off at the next colony you visit. And if you try to stop me from leaving, you're really no better than the Titans."

"Y'know, MacAlpin, you haven't done anything particularly inspiring for me to risk my life for you anyway," says Clute quietly. "And you can forget about being dropped off at a colony. You stand out like a virgin schoolgirl in a biker joint, and the Titans will be all over you in an hour. They'll sweat you good and find out everything you know about us. You're better off staying here. Or, if you want, I can ask for you to be transferred to join Jack's ex, Sakaki. She's former Zeon. I'm sure both of you will be very happy together.

"Now shut up before the more hotheaded pilots come over here and beat you into a pulp. I don't agree with the AEUG practice of backhanding pilots. But I'm one man. And a lot of pilots agree with that practice. So shut up before somebody loses it."
Ascension

"Oh, I can lay low. I just haven't felt like it lately. But I see how it is. None of you want me to stay, but none of you will let me go. Fine little catch-22 there. I survived out there on my own long enough to join up with you guys. I've still got a few nice sets of forged papers. I can cover up the accent any time I choose to. If I came in on a civilian shuttle or at least one disguised as civilian, I guarantee you I wouldn't be detained. Even though the war has escalated since the last time I traveled incognito, come on, there's still enough civilian traffic they can't detain every traveler. But alas, if you feel you must force me to continue fighting... and all of you seem to feel that way... at least get me off this stinking ship. At least back on the Chuikov ol' man Dombrowski's the only one who ever displayed outright contempt for me. Here I'm surrounded by sharks and my blood's in the water. I need a change of scenery before the fishies decide to have a snack."
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Goose

"Oh for the love of god," groans Clute. "Weren't you listening to anything I was saying? I was saying that we all need to stick together, so yes, I'd like you to stay. I was also saying that if you really wanted to go, I could get you sent to a different AEUG ship, one where there's an ex-Zeon pilot who Jack and I know; I was thinking that Sakaki would be able to help you out, since she's a Zeon ace and veteran pilot.

"But why should I bother? You're hellbent on seeing the worst of what we're doing here. I'm tryin' to help you. You've fought beside me, that makes you a part of my extended team. You're a comrade, MacAlpin. I don't know if you feel that way about any of us - probably not. Unity and teamwork are a two way street. We have to both give and take. I'm willing to do my part - are you? It's so much easier to throw a tantrum and run, isn't it? That's what Jack's been doing these past few months. And look where it's gotten him. He's a sad, angry man who can't hold a proper conversation with a woman."

"I resent that," muttered Jack half-heartedly.
Fritz Ashlyn

- Outside Side 2 Shoal Zone -

- The Dervish -
- Hangar -

Sager silently regretted going after MacAlpin in plain view like he had once more pilots made their presence known and joined in on the verbal scuffle. He folded his arms while Clute and the others had their say, and let Jim respond. The chief surveyed the small crowd of angry faces and shook his head. “I’ve got work to do. MacAlpin, you think about what I said,” he said before snagging a handrail and propelling himself back in the direction of the main work area. He hated to break and run in the middle of it, but he hoped things would calm down if he could encourage some of the others to walk away by leaving first.

“Lead by example, Polk. If someone up the chain is ever dumb enough to give you a command, remember to lead by example,” he muttered to himself, echoing the words of a former drill instructor. He was halfway back to his crew when he caught sight of Fritz and groaned. The lieutenant commander had apparently heard the raised voices and was headed in the crowd’s direction. Sager threw up a friendly salute and put on a false grin as he passed Fritz. “Don’t stop on my account. I didn’t do anything. I’ve got nothing interesting to add,” he mentally encouraged Ashlyn as he floated past. He twisted in the air to watch and said to himself, “Looks like you left at the right time, Chief,”.

Fritz was nearing the end of his rope. Some of Sager’s men were busy trying to get Celeste’s Rick Dias open, Michiko was nowhere to be seen, and he was starting to feel the weight of the lost ships as he drifted above the battered launches the survivors had arrived in. And now MacAlpin was surrounded by angry people and it looked like Curren wasn’t there to help. “Hey. Hey!” he yelled, trying to get everyone’s attention over the argument. He grabbed Clute by the shoulder and turned him aside to get to Jim.

Reaching out for the younger pilot, he took hold of MacAlpin’s collar and... got between him and the other assembled pilots. “Back off,” he commanded, gesturing specifically at Clute and Jack. It was clear that he meant the pilots from other teams. “And don’t worry, I heard almost everything since Jack came over here, so I think I know what’s going on,” he added, thinking he come off as a little too hostile. Fritz gave Curren a disappointed look and turned to Jim. He used the grip he had on MacAlpin’s collar to drag him along alongside him as he propelled them both towards a hallway adjacent to the hangar, where the ready room’s door faced.

Lowering his voice once they were far enough away from the others, Fritz pulled Jim’s face close to his and demanded in a haggard whisper, “What the hell are you thinking, MacAlpin? If you have a problem, you come to me,”. His normal facade looked like it was beginning to slip from stress. And wasn’t this certainly new behavior? Defaulting to defending the ‘Zeon’ against people outside their unit, even if he happens to be a spacenoid.

- Bridge -

Jane shook her head in frustration as the comm system refused to cooperate again. The captain muttered a curse under his breath as he saw for himself the pair of red lights underneath the label marked ‘Long Range Laser Comm System’. The message from the Argama, it turned out, had been sent across space with a communications laser. The Dervish’s receiver was operational, but the 4th’s own laser system had been damaged during combat and they had no way to respond, and no way to find out how close the Argama was. “Keep scanning,” Abbey sighed as he turned away from her station.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
wonton bob

- The Dervish -
- Ready Room -

As the ship rumbles, Bernard's frustration returns. Being a pilot without a suit has him feeling useless. Not knowing his way around this ship he'd just be in the way. Bernard tries to change his mood by talking to Michiko some more.

"Pathetic creatures aren't we? The Universe is infinite and yet we're fighting for scraps. My advice. After this thing ends..walk away. Seeing too much death just eats you away. You lose a bit of yourself everyday. You being so young, you still have a chance before it affects you."

Bernard sinks back in his seat wishing he had followed that advice long ago. "Just leave far away from this mess and raise a family somewhere..teach 'em to respect life.." Bernard's eyes start to water as memories of his brothers flash in his mind.

"Dammit! What the hell were we doing out there. Both ships full of rookies no less. It was an obvious death trap!" Bernard balls up his fists, angered not by the waste of life but letting his guard down and his emotions about family making him appear weak. Last thing he needs is allowing someone to know that reuniting with his brothers is the only thing he is clinging to.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Ascension

“What the hell are you thinking, MacAlpin? If you have a problem, you come to me,”

"I'm sorry, sir," Jim replied, "I thought you were otherwise occupied, and if I remember correctly someone made the mistake of asking me what was wrong. When people ask me questions, I have a habit of answering them. Sorry if my answers aren't to your liking."

Jim forced himself to make eye contact with Fritz.

"That being said, sir, I suppose now is as good a time as any... I may have overreacted somewhat when I asked to leave the fleet entirely, but I would like to submit a formal request to be transferred to a different vessel. I'm afraid I've made too many enemies on the Dervish. My presence is having a negative effect on unit cohesion. I feel uncomfortable fighting alongside these men and women, and they probably feel uncomfortable fighting alongside me. I don't just want out. I need out. Otherwise the situation's only going to get worse."
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
mcred23

- The Dervish -
- Hanger -

The three remaining members of Team 2 watched events unfold with mixed curiosity as MacAlpin got what seemed half the crew against him. They still only made out parts of what the parties involved said, but they were able to fill in a good deal of the words, particularly Jim's. Jack David was another matter, he utterly confused Cowboy and Ian started wondering who that Zeon pilot 'Sakaki' was.

"Oh f***, here comes Fritz." Eddie muttered as he spotted the distinct look of the lead MS pilot on the other side of the hanger.

"Sager's leaving." Marvin said in the same tone, pointing his chin at the Chief.

Eckardy rubbed his eyes. "Ya know what, I don't want to get roped into this s***, so I'm gonna talk a float up to the bridge and find out what's going on." He kicked away from the railing and started toward the door.

"Mind if I tag along?" Ian asked, starting to follow.

Eckardy shook his head. "No problem, come on."

"I think I'll stay here, see what happens." Marvin said without turning around, slightly suprising Eddie in how quickly the younger man got the comment off.

"Alright Cowboy, you know where we'll be." Eddie said as the hatch opened, "And don't get involved with those wacko's down there!" He said, his tone almost normal, but Marvin knew his Team's leader enough to know it was forced. The he heard the hatch shut, and he was alone.

Fritz Ashlyn, the MS unit leader although Marvin really didn't know him that well, arrived at the situation below and pretty much got Lieutenant's Tideland and David from Team 3 out of the conversation. Wes Curren from from Team 1 got a look that, even from this distance, made Marvin shudder. Although he hardly Fritz, he did know of his history. Lieutenant Commander Ashlyn grabbed MacAlpin, whom like everyone else, it seemed, Marvin didn't like, and went through a hatch below his catwalk that Cowboy knew would lead to the ready room.

The situation seeming over as far as Hamilton was concerned, and the ready room now likely to be a place he didn't want to go if Ashlyn and MacAlpin where there, he left the hanger and started heading towards his room. Marvin felt like sleeping.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
King Monkey

The admonishment from Lt. David stung, but Jacob knew better than to talk back. He'd already tasted correction at the hands of a superior officer and was in no mood to repeat the experience. So, instead, he simply crossed his arms over his chest and glared at everyone involved. At the moment, he was only slightly happier with the members of his own team than he was with MacAlpin. Despite himself, he was about to jump in again when Celeste's mobile suit hit the hangar.

The shuddering of the ship immediately drew his attention, if the careening body of the Rick Dias didn't and it took him only a moment to recognize the paint job of the Pearl of the Shoal.

"Ltjg Angelina!" he exclaims, actually using her full rank. Without another thought for "Slim" Jim, his plight or those arrayed against him, he turns away. Pushing off the deck, he rises up so that he can look down, fighting the urge to rush to the mangled mobile suit. The rational part of him knows that the engineers are better suited to get her out and the medics to help her once her suit is open. He'll only get in the way. Still, when he bumps against the ceiling, it takes an effort of will not to push off again to bound down towards her.

If sheer intensity could open her suit, then his stare would be all that was needed as he waits to see if the fourth member of Team 3 is safe.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
mcred23

- The Dervish -

Eckardy and Greydon chatted as they moved through the ship towards the bridge, mainly since it was something to do and neither liked the silence that was in parts of the ship they passed through.

They were nearly to the bridge when Eckardy frowned and stopped. "S***, wasn't that Gates guy hanging on the bridge before?"

Ian came to a stop too and glaced at his feet. "Think so."

Eckardy muttered another curse under he breath and started moving again. "I'm not a big fan of the sponsor." He shrugged as he rounded a corner, "Before he more or less bought us, we didn't have one, we were just under normal AEUG support. Another odd change for the old crew."

It was Ian's turn to frown. "But all the Irish class ships have some sponsor, how come you guys didn't?" He asked, genuinely curuious.

Eddie gave a weak grin. "Odd story, really. When the Dervish was still under construction back in April, before Jaburo and all that crap, well, you heard about how the Titans once hit Amman?" Ian nodded a yes, "Well, the ships main sponsor, who worked for Anaheim as a manager or something like that, some job where he actually worked down in the docks a bit, got killed, but since he'd pretty much payed for the ship already anyway, they didn't have to look for another moron to fund it. Once the ship was finished and they dumped us here in June, we just got lumped into basic AEUG support and stayed that way."

"Crazy." Ian said as one of the hatches to the bridge came into view down a short hallway.

Eddie nodded as he moved to it and entered the bridge. The Captain was in his seat, but the other, which Eckardy guessed had once belonged to Gates, was empty. Somebody new was manning one of the stations, but Eckardy didn't know, and really wasn't concerned, who he was. Jane spared a glance from her work at the comm station, giving Eddie a grin that he returned with a wink, before she went back to working on something.

Eckardy, with Ian along side him, came up to the right of Abbey's seat, both glancing out the windows of the bridge. Eddie asked the first real question that came to his mind, "Any signs they're following us, sir?".

(OOC: Mistake corrected)
Last edited by mcred23 on Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Goose

Jack bristles at Fritz's instructions, but Clute's hand on his shoulder calms him, and Clute nods to the CAG. As Celeste's Rick Dias is brought in and mechanics begin opening the hatch, Clute floats up to Jack, and in a low voice, asks, "Mind telling me what the hell was going on with Celeste?"

"She's hiding something. She's distracted. I thought I could help. I was wrong. Goddamn women," spits Jack, angered and hurt. "I'm just trying to help. What the hell is her problem? What the hell is her problem?!"

"If I knew, we wouldn't be having this conversation," says Clute, sighing. "Just give it a rest. Let it drop, while I find out how combat-ready she is and how her suit is."

"Good luck, she's looking for an excuse to bite your head off," says Jack bitterly. "...I'm probably a bad person for being gleeful that her suit's all trashed."

"Probably. Just don't say it to her."
Psyden

((OOC: Fritz brought Celeste’s Rick Dias in. I don’t believe it has been moved since being brought in.))

By the time the medical team makes up to the hatch of Celeste’s Rick Dias, a group of mechanics is already working at the door with pry bars. Without power, the best they can do is manually unlock the hatch and then pry it open.

When the hatch is finally pulled open, one of the medics enters the cockpit with noticeable haste, but not quite rushing. After a few tense moments, a second medic enters part-way and they begin to carefully extract an unconscious pilot, Celeste. The third medic helps guide her gently onto the stretcher before they tie her down with restraints.

With their patient secured, the 3-man medical team carry her off towards sick bay with all due haste.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Cybaster

"Don't feel bad," Was all Julian Meighan suddenly commented as he passed by Caroline, making his own way further into the Chuikov. Of the previous battle, he said nothing, and his expression was stoic; It would've been good if he had managed to finish off that Nemo sniper instead of beaten him back, but Julian survived --- that ace, no less --- and he wasn't about to complain about that end result. "It happens, Caroline. There'll always be others, and you'll meet another Vantz --- maybe he won't be exactly like Vantz Howards, but you get the idea. Over time, you'll learn how best to put it behind you."
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Wedge14

(Pan was never ever wearing a pilot's suit :P)

Heyden had managed to coerce his console into running a scan. Hopefully he'd be able to pick something up. Be it the Argamma or The Titan Fleet chasing after them.

He glanced back quickly as he recognized the voice of the guy who picked him up earlier. Fred Heckhardy or something he thought to himself as he tried to put a name on the individual. A second later Eckardy asked the captain a question. Heyden quickly responded, before the captain could get a word in.

"They're holding still." He said motioning to the scannermajiggy "Prolly too busy putting their *sses back together to pursue us through that rock garden."
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!